Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cross Fox(Arcanix)

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Wait for what?" she asked, immensely curious and slightly put out he didn't trust her. She was trying to help, wasn't she? His paranoia was exemplary, but by the Force, he needed to lighten up a little. She wasn't recording him or memorizing anything she saw, but then he was preoccupied and still blamed her for his fiance being in the Nether.

Sighing, she tapped her foot and waited for whatever they were waiting for.

Before too long, the door tot he vault would open, presenting Vulpesen with a large tube, in which a zorren woman would be lying. "One still born clone. The cloners we used allowed me two failures who would have otherwise been perfect had they lived." Once he finished talking, he turned to see a couple of men cum up with the grav-sled before carefully lowering the containment tube onto it. "Now then, lets return to the ship."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Are you sure Alex will be happy in a . . . not sure what species you are actually," Taeli asked, helping move the tube containing the clone up to her ship. She wouldn't imagine this was what Alex was expecting at all, and would hate to get on her bad side if either did something the Echani didn't like.

"I mean I can see the advantages," she said, peering at the clone. "Perfectly healthy, stronger muscles and bones, greater flexibility perhaps? Sorry, my brain just starts off on these sorts of things and I can't stop it sometimes."

Vulpesen walked alongside the men, his ears flicking at one of their questions. "Sir, shouldn't we do medical tests? To make sure that the body is in proper working order." It was a fair point. While Vulpesen trusted his clones, there was still no idea what made the clone still born. "Very well, take it to the hospital, I'll meet you there." With a nod from the men, Vulpesen and [member="Darth Arcanix"] were left alone to walk. "We are zorrens, and I doubt Alex particularly cares what body we put her on as long as it is humanoid. Besides, one plus she might enjoy... look around. Have you ever seen a fat zorren in the time you've been here?" While he never thought of lex as overweight by any means, he was fairly sure she'd enjoy the thought that she would burn off any fat she might get during long meditations without exercise. Of course, such would come at the price of needing to eat far more than she was used to.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"High metabolism?" Taeli asked, her academic nature fully engaged now. "If you don't put on more weight, you must have to eat maybe three times as much as a standard human being. Hmm, perhaps even four times if you're a Force user and burning more energy through using your powers. Sorry, my mind is too scientific for its own good."

The last part was said with a laugh, her purple eyes dancing in merriment.

"I can't say I've seen many Zorrens around, I'm guessing your species is a bit endangered?" she said, tapping her chin in thought. "This world doesn't look like it was attacked recently soooo oh, your people didn't recover very well from the Gulag Virus did you? Sorry if I'm being insensitive, just trying to wrap my mind around the puzzle."

Vulpesen continued to walk forward, starting to relax little by little. "It is a blessing and a curse. The hunger keeps us from going out from long missions in barren places, though the energy allows us to be devils in battle. Our fighters often possess the grace of an echani and the ferocity of a mandalorian. While violence is a last resort, we do not deny our pride in our combative culture."

Her next question caused a small flick of his tail, but otherwise he remained calm. "The Zorren species proved more susceptible to the gulag plague, than most others, though we still managed to hold on to life. We likely would have recovered had a group, known as the bandit coalition, not attacked us and taken our planet. They held it for four hundred years and what you see around you is the reconstruction of a proud and powerful species. Its difficult, but we will manage. And given a bit of time and a purpose, we will prosper. Luckily, I've hidden us in ways so that such an incident will not be repeated. Also, the planet, its inhabitants, and his order were virtually wiped from history some eight hundred years ago during the attack of the empire, thinking the Tenevi to be too close to the jedi."
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I see, my humblest apologies if I offended you with that question," Taeli said bowing her head in deference to the Zorren leader. "I can sometimes ramble and say something callous without meaning to. So I take it that you're preparing something though, some emergence onto the galactic scene that will both show your regained power, but also protect your people more."

Blushing a little, she bowed again.

"Sorry, again, brain won't stop and filter doesn't work all the time," she said. "So how long will it take to ascertain what happened with that clone?"

"Curiosity is understandable." It was a sort of acceptance of her apology, and despite what she might think, Vulpesen was starting to trust her, not that he would tell her such a thing. And if she did try to betray him, he was safe in the knowledge that she would simply shoot any ship straight into a black hole in an attempt to reach him. "Before, during, and after being a jedi I always had the same dreams and ambitions. I wish to shape the Galaxy in some way, to hold a major influence on its history and future. I do not wish to rule it as some sith, but I do hope that I might introduce ideals that will carry on. Ideals that will make it a better place. But as ideals alone do not hold people together, I must combine them with a banner for the people to follow when they are ready. Rest assured, in time you will hear of me again. Likely some sith lord cursing my name as I stop him from taking a planet full of slaves."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Not a fan of slavery myself," Taeli said, chuckling a little. This Zorren was definitely interesting, so she felt she might as well explain herself a little bit if they were discussing some ideology. "Nor of genocide, torture for torture's sake, wasting lives or resources for some insane scheme or because the people are so beneath you that you don't care. I know not very Sith-like, but I'm a moderate among them. Hearts and minds and all that are what are important to successfully hold power, not fear."

As he walked, the Vitae couldn't help the small smile that touched his lips as he heard Arcanix's words. Could she be playing him for a fool? Possibly. Most sith he'd think likely. But even in his seat of power, he felt no deceit in her words. "Dangerous thinking with your company. Careful or I just might convince you to leave them for us." In truth, he wasn't completely sure why he wasn't trying. True, she had a large amount of wealth from their companies, but sometimes, you could make a person forget their baubles. He'd just have to show her why her masters did not deserve her loyalty.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Don't try it," she laughed, knowing what he was probably thinking. "I might disagree with many of my colleagues, but as I said, I've got my reason for staying a Sith. Also, I owe the organization my loyalty, not individuals, for taking me after . . . an unfortunate incident in my past. I've got my own goals I want to accomplish in the Sith."

Smiling a little, she added, "Plus, if my sister hasn't convinced me to defect, I don't think you will . . . but I might help out . . . if it suits mutual goals, of course."

He grinned and continued on. The medical building could be seen in the distance, but he took a turn away from it, instead heading to the stables. "Reasons change and owed debts can be paid." Nodded to the stable master and let out a small whislte, causing a large black Veran Fox to walk out to join him. From that point, he would motion for a red one to come over for his companion. "If you can remember, I was once the jedi's poster child. The most loyal of the order they would call me. Now look where I am. Sometimes, the dog must realize that there is no bone." With that, he leaped onto fox's back.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"It was before my time," she said, leaping gracefully onto the mount, her dress billowing out around her for a moment. "I joined the Sith just before the attack on Zeltros, so I have no idea what you're talking about being the poster boy for the Jedi."

She smiled a bit, the large red fox creature intriguing her. Although, she was sensing a motif here about what sort of creatures had developed on this planet. Lots of foxes.

"I'm well aware things can change, but right now, they won't," she continued. "I'll help your people, if I can, but I won't betray the faction I'm a part of currently. I know it's odd coming from a Sith, but I put a great stake in loyalty. My actions might not speak it, but Alex knew what was going on and went along with it. To protect me, and in turn, she helped protect my sister."

He smiled a bit and kicked the fox into a walk. "That's what I thought." It was his last words on the subject. For now her help was enough for him and if he saw the need to turn her, he would devote more effort to it. "Lets just hope that Alex didn't bite of more than she could chew. No matter the plan you two had, I don't think I need to tell you what happens if this doesn't work."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Yes, yes, yes," she sighed, almost disappointed in the repetitiveness of the veiled threat. "You'll hunt me down . . . again, attack me with plans to kill me, and this time I freeze you both on the outside and inside and leave you behind."

That might have been a bit of a darker reply, but he kept bringing the subject up to her, and she was trying her best to actually help here. If it failed, it wasn't going to be her fault. She knew what she was doing, at least in this, but this Zorren seemed a bit . . . blinded by singular purpose right now. He really needed to lighten up a bit.

"Sorry by the way, but you can't blame me if this doesn't work how we hope," she continued. "There's only so much I can do to make the ritual right, it would be up to Alex to actually take the body."

"But you put her in this position. As such, you take the responsibility of failure or success, no matter your reasons, a concept I'm sure you are familiar with, being a sith and all. And as for you freezing me, I'll not make the same mistake as last time. I tried giving you some honor. Next time I'll simply plug you with a dart and leave before you even realize you're dead." He kicked the fox to go a bit faster towards the medical facility. No doubt the men would nearly be there, and he wanted to be with them when they checked the body for any abnormalities. [member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I guess you're not exactly familiar with this ritual are you?" she said, making her mount go the same speed as Vulpesen's. "I can't control the final outcome, only Alex can. You might blame me for this position she was put in, but she knew what the risks were when she first met me when I was an acolyte. You might pin all your anger about everything on me, but let me ask you, Vulpesen, what would you have done?"

"You cannot control the outcome, but you did control the beginning of all of this." Then, she asked the real question, the one Vulpesen had been waiting to answer since the moment he stopped trying to kill her. "Liquefy my assets and run. That's the last resort. Before that, tell her shes lost and contact is too sparse for such an easy capture. Ask them specifically what she did as betrayal. Black mail your opponent. Arrange an end to him. Capture a clone and bring them its head. You have the resources for all of these and more. And yet, here we are. Me once again trying to rescue her. Things like this can be avoided if you don't panic and simply think."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"You make it sound oh so easy," she said, caught between either laughing or sighing at his answer. Typical. "Allow me to counter each and everyone of those and why I didn't do those. Tell my superiors I can't find my business partner or contact her to arrange a meeting? Yes, that would have been very believable and I probably would be killed for incompetency and then another, one who would have had no trouble killing her on the spot, would be sent. Ask what exactly she did that could be constituted as a betrayal and then blackmail my opponent? Two problems with that, one you and she both fought at Prakith against Sith and Alex was visibly a member of the One Sith at a time, and two, you try blackmailing the Wrath of the Dark Lord or the CEO of Titan Industries. Blackmail takes time to gather, time I didn't have. Same goes for cloning and beheading the clone, takes time I didn't have. I fully intend to destroy that CEO for the position he put me in, but I couldn't do that then or yet."

Shaking her head, she continued saying, "I can't liquefy my assets and run because then my sister is exposed and WILL be twisted into a Sith like Vornskr. So yes, you think I didn't think of any other way to solve the problem. I'm rather clever and each of your solutions came to mind, but time was my enemy. As for rescuing her . . . you're not doing that, I AM. Unless somehow you know essence transfer to actually draw her soul back out through the portal now, I'll be the one atoning for my sin and if it fails, then YOU will have to deal with it because I'm TRYING."

Vulpesen turned to face her now, his eyes starting to burn brightly. "I've saved her again and again. I simply told you what was on the top of my head. Take your sister and run, she is bolted to no walls and if she is, what kind of life is she living? Such captivity and I'm sure I would prefer the freedom that Vornskr's darkness offers. You could have run, take every cent you had and disappeared. i dropped off the face of the galaxy for five years. For five years, Vulpesen was not a traitor, but a man who went missing in action and never returned tot he temple of the jedi. People can disappear, I know because I did it. Instead, you chose to surrender. And of course, if the sith are such a threat to your blood, why serve them? Why hold loyalty to those who would do you Harm?" His tail lashed behind him. He wasn't as dark in demeanor as earlier, but there was an anger to him. "As for rescuing Alex. I've done it before. If I had to, I'd leap into hell all by myself. I've done it before. I've literally gone through hell and back for that woman, and I would do it a thousand times again! I CAN do it a thousand times again! You are an easier method, and this is a reason for me to not kill you. So yes, you are atoning." He turned away from her, focusing once more on where they were going. He hated fighting with the one who was supposed to be helping him, but he couldn't help it. Damn the sith. No wonder they lost my damned loyalty.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom