Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pausing Kenna turned around and waved to the teenager racing to catch up with her. She was klutz young thing unlike Kenna whom had been trained like a warrior. She had been taught how to walk with grace in heels so tromping around in boots in the swamp was easy.

Kenna didn't mind having a little company on her investigation. As much as she enjoyed being alone she also enjoyed the company of others. She was here with others and it would be good to spread her wings so to speak.

"I was headed to the Facility ruins to see what I could find. Would you like to come with me? We can explore together. If there is danger I'll have your back." Kenna didn't know her but as long as the teen didn't cross her she didn't have any reason not to. "I'm Kenna by the way." She nodded beginning to walk again.

[member="Lorna Halcyon"]

"You are weak, and you will fail." the voices had begun to speak more prominently to him the closer he got to the cave entrance. They knew that he would face his fears and his doubts within the cave, and they would see him fall to the dark side, yet another of the many Light Siders who have fallen to the will of Bogan.

"I am strong." came his reply to the voices in his mind, though the words were spoken stubbornly, they held traces of doubt. Coryn knew that the cave would not harm him, that it was not malevolent by choice. Some ancient evil had happened on Dagobah, and produced the legend that was the Cave of Evil - a centralized source of dark side energy. He would overcome the trials if he truly put his mind to it, and allowed the will of Ashla to dictate his path. He was a servant of the light, Guardian of the Silver, he would not fail.

"We shall see young Jedi." came the sinister response of the voices in the dark, as if they had heard his innermost thoughts. They were likely figments of his own conscience, so it was not surprising that they knew exactly what he was thinking, but just because they were a non-existent entity, did not mean they were any less potent to his psyche. They still held the power to shake him to his very core, to cause him to doubt himself and his path. Perhaps, it was his own dark side speaking to him. Either way, he would overcome them, he had no desire to follow the dark side.

And, with a renewed sense of purpose he continued his path through the shrouded, mist-filled, swamps until he came to the entrance of the cave. He paused at the entrance, the whispers of darkness echoing out to him from the mouth of the cave. He called to the Force, pulling it to him as thought it were a protective barrier, descending into the darkness of the cave - where he would face his fears and doubts.

[member=Cathbodua] | [member=Matsu Ike]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Spencer Olin"]

The others were moving about and making way as her attention went to scans. sending out probe droids to search and seek had been proving the most promising as they could get scans both in the air and under the murky swamps. It allowed Matsu as she was moving with her wrist map displayed to see some more before she was looking at her padawan moving around. "The swamps are not going to explore themselves." There was a smirk on her face while her face looked over details heading from the research ship down to the swamp and with the cave and old hut of Yoda they had a great many things to work on and search for while her attention went to the remains of the lab they had slightly searched through but she hadn't been able to get into the vaults.

[member="Kenna Raine"]

Lorna looked at her and the offer was well the best one she thought she was going to get. "Alright, I'll watch your back as well." A smirk on her face though while walking and offering her hand. "I am Lorna.... Lorna Halcyon." The smle on her face and the golden glove on her hand were a great place to start to be friendly. The ruined facility was something they might find traces of her families ship that was here while she was moving following the few ideas she had of things. "Hopefully along the way we'll find a ship that crashed, my families ship disappeared according to the travel logs it crashed here."

As Spencer made his way through the thick sludge that was the swamp he saw two more explorers, one looked somewhat familiar, the other he had no clue about. Looking at his feet that were buried in the sludge he knew he wasn't going to be able to run to catch up to them. As he looked around he needed to find a place that would be able to hold his weight without sinking into the ground below.

As he continued to survey the surroundings he couldn't find a suitable dense piece of ground which he wouldn't sink into with every step. Instead he looked slightly higher, for trees or something that could aid him. He saw to his right quite a few trees that stood quite high, large branches hung out from the centre sturdy they seemed to be able to hold Spencer's weight. As Spencer made his way with jumping distance of the tree his boots now covered in muck, easily adding a kilo or two to his boots prepared to make the jump, aided by the force of course. As he focused on the tree branch, letting the force flow to his feet he pushed off. Rocketing him into the air towards branch. Feeling the momentum was key to making it all the way down to the pair walking towards the facility ruins.

As his feet contacted the first branch he pushed off again in one fluid motion, not exhorting too much force to break the branch as they too would hamper his efforts to make it to the next one. He continued to bound off one and onto the next with precision before misjudging the last branch, it was weak and any pressure applied to it would have broke it. Without this knowledge Spencer's foot contacted the branch, as his foot applied pressure to the branch it broke. Both himself and the branch falling to the ground below, only a few meters away from the pair walking ahead. Bouncing off the ground he let out a small moan of pain, the impact had seemed to already bruised his ribs and he was sure there would be more injuries to come. But he knew it was not the time to head back to base with his tail between his legs. He would ignore it and deal with it later.

[member="Lorna Halcyon"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

"How long ago was that?" Kenna blinked almost forgetting everything else that the teen had said. If her family had crashed here finding them was more important than anything else. Kenna would give anything to know what happened to her siblings all those years ago.

She seemed so happy though as if nothing had ever actually happened. Kenna acted that way too but only after years of practice of holding in how she felt. It was never a good thing.

"I'll help you find what you are looking for." Kenna stated as she continued walking on.

[member="Lorna Halcyon"]

[member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Spencer Olin"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

Like some of the others, Domino had headed pretty much straight to where the ruins of the harvester facility should have been. She'd read about it in reports and seen video and pictures of it, but hadn't yet been herself. In the aftermath of the battle there had been many factions scrabbling over the ruins and strange tech left behind by the black sludge. Rather than join in, Domino had sequestered herself with her own prizes. That may have not turned out so well in the long run, she'd yet to see if reason would be abused now that she'd lost control of it.

"You alright?" Domino asked with some concern as she helped [member="Spencer Olin"] stand up again after his fall. "I can get Cathbodua to come over if you've broken something." Looking him over, she decided that at least she wasn't the muddiest one of the group anymore.

[member="Domino"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Spencer Olin"] [member="Coryn Raxis"]

Matsu was moving and going through the swamps and trees was well easier, last time she had met a padawan and bumped her head on the kashi mer talisman... doubtful she'd have that luck again but you never know as she was moving and sneezed going into a cave. "Domino I found a cave that is remarkably clean... Like nothing has been in here." She spoke into the comlink and was sending some probes for the twi'lek to get an idea as she raised an eyebrow. This place was careful and sterile whihc there should be creatures it was decent sized and there should be bats but there wasn't.

As he slowly picked himself up off the ground another hand came in helping him rise to his feet . A calming voice came over Spencer. "Yeah I am alright, nothing I can't deal with later." He said holding his ribs, the pain was bearably, but he knew it would take some time to overcome. Offering the assistance of another knight that accompanied them on the mission Spencer politely declined. "That won't be necessary. Thank you though." He said with a smile, clutching his ribs with one hand as he tried to rub some of the mud off his armour with the other one. Out of all the things I could have done, I had to fall into a pit of mud. He thought to himself, somewhat angry at himself for being so careless, but also laughing at himself as they had just began and he had already made enough mess to last him a week of cleaning. Well it would end up a week.

"Sorry, but I didn't get your name. I am Spencer Olin. Nice to meet you." He said to the lady that had helped him up. Offering a handshake for good measure. Spencer tried to fight through the pain smiling to hide it away, but it was no no avail, the pain could be seen clear as day thought it, but Spencer was adamant that he would receive no attention for now.

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Domino"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Lorna Halcyon"]

[member="Spencer Olin"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

"Not that long, they left when Corellia was broken and haven't been seen since but the reports showed here. We investigated and when a chance to come here came up I jumped at the idea." She remained there in the cloak watching them head off and there were more people another padawan she didn't know at all but that meant little. He was a jedi and that made him family... or as Selena would put it another person to fight the darkness. She was looking over some more of it and brought up her gloved hand while squinting. "So what brought you here? I have never seen you around the temples."

She continued up and into the ship, searching while the feeling of the force and the darkside was strong around. With a look at some of the stuff it was clear this was an old Subach medical ship while he was going through it. The one section leading into the swamp and edge of a facility entrance in the distance. A work shed as she was moving towards it with her hands touching the trees before she was moving there and opening the doors with the resistance of it before she was setting her light down into the old ruined sections of the facility, She was moving down and using the small notes of maps they had before she was motioning for her padawan to follow.

As Spencer made heard a voice from beside him he looked over seeing another woman speaking. "Oh hello." He replied slightly surprised before continuing "Adventure, plain and simple, I don't typically hang around the temples, normally out searching. That could be why you haven't seen me around. Anyhow it is nice to meet you, I am Spencer, Spencer Olin." He replied with a smile. The thirst for adventure was all Spencer needed and it would take him all over the galaxy.

[member="Lorna Halcyon"] | [member="Domino"] | [member="Kenna Raine"]

The scent of must and darkness permeated the air as thickly as thunderclouds before a coming storm, as he descended into the darkness of the cave. He took comfort in the presence of the Force and continued his footing through the winding passageway towards the heart of the cave; where he would face his greatest fears. It was said that Luke Skywalker came to the very same cave to face his fears as well, and he overcame them. But, it was also said that he had Yoda, one of the greatest Jedi Masters in Coryn's writers opinion, to ever have graced the galaxy helping him along the way.

He had no one. He was alone in this trial and he would have to overcome it alone, or he would never have the strength to fully withstand the dark whispers that were ever so present in his mind. The voices had plagued him for eighteen years now, and he was ready to rid himself of them, but he knew that it would not be so easy; it never was. That was why the path of Good was so hard to follow, things were harder for those that chose to follow Ashla, it was just the way of the world. It was also what made the darkness so enticing to some, the relative ease of accomplishments and power that came with emotion - it would be enticing to anyone, and anyone that said it wasn't were being untruthful to themselves and you.

"It is not untruth that the dark side is more powerful Coryn. You know this better than most, save for those who have experienced its power and still follow the light. The darkness is enticing because it is not as restricting and immovable as the Light. Darkness is fluid and ever changing, but the Light always stays the same, it may change its patterns, but it will never change its nature - it cannot. " the voices echoed in his mind, though they were far less malicious than they normally were. They were being reasonable which only caused a feeling of unease to flood every nerve and fiber in his body, the hair on his arms and neck standing on end.

"You are wrong. The Light is fluid, with every soul that chooses to follow it, it is molded into a new creature, a new being. The Darkness is what remains the same, fueled by hate and passion, emotions that are as unchanging as an immortal. That will always be the weakness of the Dark and with every soul that chooses to follow the light, its power and fluidity only increases. The dark fears the light, it always has. That is why you try to pull Jedi and other sentient creatures to the Dark Side, because with every soul that pledges itself to the Light, we grow in power. " Coryn was firm in his words, making evident that this was what he believed, and no matter of manipulation would change that for him. This was his key to hope and his drive forward, the hope that one day the Light would be stronger than the dark again, and the galaxy would bear witness to a new age of peace.

"You are a fool, Coryn Raxis. A fool and a naive child. You are in our territory now, and you will see that the Light will never defeat the dark." he smiled softly as the familiar maliciousness of the dark whispers filled his mind and the Cave of Evil trembled with a wave of dark-side energy that flooded in all directions across Dagobah.

Hearing Spencer's replies brought an easy smile to Domino's face. Good, he isn't a wuss she thought taking his hand. "That's what I get for forgetting how fleeting fame is." She replied to his greeting. "Most people just call me Domino. I'm a friend of Matsu's." Then her commlink beeped at her and, making a quick apology, she took a few steps away for privacy as another padawan approached them. It was Matsu proving the old adage true once again. "That is.... odd." Domino agreed. "You going to task a few of my probes to it? I'm out here with a few of the paddies and... Did yall bring a normie with you?"
[member="Spencer Olin"] [member="Lorna Halcyon"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

[member="Domino"]

Matsu was looking at Domino as she gave a small grin. "We did, not bad to have someone who doesn't use the force allows us to keep perspective." She was moving and letting the probes work as her attention went to what was in there now. "The cave is well strange, the droids readings are sterile like nothing beyond the entrance and it looks clean." Now she was moving with it and brightening up the area while her attention moved. "Setting them to sonic scanning to penetrate and get what they can." As she moved there was something while her attention was on the rest of the padawans and jedi in her scanners that seemed to for a moment read something and then it was gone before flickering away. Matsu found nothing as she touched a wall and it was smooth stone with a seam. Checking the scanners it was there on closer inspection tapping it. "Got something here."

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Domino"] | [member="Coryn Raxis"]

As Spencer smiled as the woman helped him to his feet. Before introducing herself. It seemed that she didn't have to do that too often by the sounds of it. "It's very nice to meet you." He replied as he com started beeping. "I'll leave you to it." He said with a gentle nod and a smile before turning back to the other lady that had began conversing with him. One of the two he was trying to catch up to. The other didn't seem interested. Spencer didn't know why, and was pretty sure he wasn't going to find out either.

[member="Kenna Raine"]

Lorna kept the moving now, they had a lead or they had a swamp but broken trees as she was moving and coming through the swamp leading to a crashed ship spread across the landscape was important while she was moving towards the engines. She could get itno the ship while her attention was on a few of the things moving the debris. "Help me with this." She tried moving some of it while motionig for the girl to come and help her. "There is a way through the ship, we can see if there is anything inside."

She continued into the shed and down into the remains of the facility, the jedi knight activating a glow rod to illuminate the burned walls and cave system while she was marching through it. There wasn't much left she could see before she was heading towards the natural cave system hearing dripping of water before she was moving through it seeing more. "I am down in a cave, not much left in here." That wasn't fully true but you couldn't find anything major that early on. The doctor continued in deeper and more sloshing through the water and mud.

"I am here just to simply to explore. I have not had the chance to do much of it within my life. This peaked my interest. I'm not a Force User so you wouldn't see me around the temple." She lightly smiled as they continued to walk.

Kenna didn't want to go into the whole issue she had with Force Users as her fears were something that came from that camp. She wanted to see the best of people. Everything couldn't possibly be evil.

Running up to help she grabbed a piece of rubble and pulled to help remove it. "Do you think anything survived the crash?" It looked pretty bad but it was possible she guessed but more possible that they could find something of interest inside. Kenna was hopeful for this.

[member="Lorna Halcyon"]

[member="Kenna Raine"]

Lorna was looking at her and thinking about it, a non force user here with her was well... well alright it meant she wouldn't have to worry about showing how bad a jedi she was unable to do the force tricks many of the others could do. "Well there might still be things around here." She was lifting and clearing a place they could go inside with her attention on the rest of the ship. "We might be able to find anything and well that is good means I don't have to feel bad I have terrible prowess with the force and can't compete."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom