Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

She was looking at him for a moment and then at the casket with its dimensions. "We'll need to be careful now though. Disconnecting it might open it and we don't want that without back up." She was thinking of getting some of the less corrupted shadows or whatever they were trying to run. She had found ones giving into the dark to claim fighting it sad compared to others who didn't take that challenge." Look for a place we can hook up a generator to keep it powered in case, for transportation to the ship."

Ryn gave a quick nod, and moved closer to the casket. He made sure to now only view and feel it with his corporeal senses, as physical contact with the device didn't afflict him, where viewing it through the Force did.

After a few minutes of his skilled, gloved hands dancing about the surface of the artifact, Ryn stood up, looking to his Master. "Here, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to be a proper port for connecting a temporary power-supply." He said, showing master [member="Cathbodua"] what he had found. He hoped he was correct, but mechanical inclination was not his forte.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

She was looking over it and went to where he indicated with a nod of her head going forward. "It should work but we are going to need more, equipment to raise it, something to keep the power supply attached and an adapter to connect it." She knew this was an endeavor while her attention was on the different sections going towards the wall. "We'll need more people as well, continue looking around and searching in case there is anything else." Her attention was one the walls while moving around and holding a glow rod up with more tunnels leading in.

Scrambling about the cramped chamber, examining the casket from as many angles as possible, the padawan paused near the portion he believed to be the 'rear' of the casket. Strange markings, ones he was definitely unfamiliar with. They were not mere scrapes and scratches. They were organized, meaningful. He assumed it was writing, but nothing like he'd ever seen before. Though, truth be told, he knew very little written language outside of galactic basic.

"Master [member="Cathbodua"] , you may wish to examine this?" the padawan intoned, concern rich in his normally melodic voice. "I've never seen anything quite like this...."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

She was moving now and looking over sme of the marking as she spoke. "I don't know the language." She continued to look and ran a hand across the script while reading or trying to read it with a glow rod. "Looks like something we should get the research team on." There was more as a crevice was there and she reached in grabbing a lever as bugs were crawling over her bodysuit. The stone cracked and opened with a hiss of air and the scent of rot in the darkness leading down deeper.

Nagate moved to his master's side and looked at the door. It looked heavy and sealed shut by years of no use. The planet was trying to take it back.

"I will offer whatever help I can to open this door Master. Maybe our collective strength will be enough?"

Placing a hand on the door, he stretched out with the Force, trying to find the seams that could be jared loose. It would be difficult he surmised, even with the two Masters present.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Domino"]

He continued to examine the casket as his Master had requested, up until the creaking reached his ears, followed almost immediately by the terrible stench of rot hitting his keen nose.

"What on..." He muttered, lifting his head and gazing past Master [member="Cathbodua"] down the new corridor. "Shall I accompany you, Master? Or would you rather me seek aid?" He asked, his masked face angling slightly in a show of slight perplexity.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

She was debating it in her head,on the one hand taking him into danger was a given... really everywhere they went could have it so there was no reason for him not to come with her and there was always the chance something would be laying in wait in the tunnels for them to be alone if she sent him back. "No continue forward with me." Her attention was on the way deeper into this and a sith casket, ancient facility... this had horror movie written all over it while she was going in and turnign on a glow rod to illuminate their pathway down into the caves under the swamps as water seemed to be trickling down.

Masks, why did a jedi wear a mask? Wondering about the padawan's appearance, Domino gave him a nod and turned to the door. At least he seemed respectful enough unlike many another padawan. "Lets see... No electric lock, a keyhole but I was never the best at picking even when I was in practice." Truth was there was hardly a call for it on anything more complex than a jewelry box these days, not when powered locks were so much more secure. "Well, easiest way is usually the fastest." She reached behind her and pulled her pike around, "Excuse me," she said as she ignited one end and planted it into the door. Or at least attempted to. The saber hit the door square on and refused to penetrate even when Domino turned up the blade's intensity and tried worming it around. Scowling, Domino turned off the blade and ran her finger tips over the point she'd tried to cut through. "Nothing, just a little divot. Amazing stuff whatever this rock is."

[member="Nagate Hei"] Matsu Ike

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Domino"] [member="Nagate Hei"]

Matsu looked at the padawan for a moment and then at the door as she was trying to find the way through, a door that was so low tech they couldn't find a way through could not defeat them as Domino tried to slice it open. The stone... not melting as it made just barely a scratch and that would be hard as their sabers would likely lose power far faster then slicing through it. Her hand came out touching the stone while Matsu closed her eyes, slowly pushing the force into it to see and try to find what she could. Her attention was on it as she touched it with two hands. "We might be able to shift it but that is a hard ability to work and I have only practiced it a little."

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Domino"]

Nagate looked on in awe as the stone door withstood a lightsaber pike. Then Master Ike mentioned a technique she wasn't well versed in that may produce success, but it was still only a small percentage.

Thinking quickly, he placed his hand on the stone and began feeding the wall with Force energy, looking for cracks, holes and erosion. He found small cracks around the seams and began channeling the Force into said cracks, hoping to loosen them or even bust them open to give the Jedi a way in.

"Masters, if we concentrate on the cracks in the rocks and flood them with our combined energy, we may be able to dislodge the door."

Ryn'Dhal nodded to his master, hands resting on hilts of his twin long-knives, as he took up his position behind her. He reached out tentatively through the Force, confident that between Master [member="Cathbodua"]'s senses, his own feelings, and his own naturally enhanced vision, they would see anything that might await them in the dark.

Every sound, each drip, each splash of each step, any noise could potentially be hiding something else moving in the dark. Ryn'Dhal wondered, what truly could be waiting down here, as these catacombs seems as if they'd been left undisturbed for centuries at least!

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

She was moving now, deeper into the caves and while her eyes were terrible naturally well in the dark with the force it was a little easier to sense the rocks around them. Her hands touching the wall until she moved up letting the force expand outwards until they were standing in a large cave with plants hanging down and water coming down a shaft leading up while she moved and could feel the darkside around them but also the air coming down with some of the water while she looked over the different sections of the cave. "Set a beacon, this might be the easier place to get down here."

"Yes, Master." Was all the padawan replied. He delved into a hidden pouch, fishing out a signal beacon. Lowering into a crouch, he sought a smooth, flat surface with which to affix the beacon. Couldn't have it sliding and falling into the mucky water. No, stability would keep it safe and active, enabling their allies and themselves to locate this entry-way to the catacombs from the surface.

After spending a few moments getting it into place, the padawan stood once more, gloved hands once again resting on the hilts of his twin blades. Golden eyes followed his master through the slits of his mask, occasionally dancing about to take in whatever may or may not be moving in the dark, his own extrasensory 'feelers' reaching out through the Force, to further enhance his perceptions of the environment. Yes, the influence of the Darkside was strong here, so Ryn'Dhal was not about to allow himself and Master [member="Cathbodua"] to be caught unawares, should hostiles still occupy these dark depths.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Cathbodua moved, keeping at it while the padawan was handling the beacon she was feeling out the cave itself to get a better idea now. Slowly turnign her attention around while force energies secured some of the locations of the others. THe jedi knight cracked another glow rod as the skull of something was there in her face. Embedded in the wall and remains of an armored mandalorians was a four bladed sword with decorated with smaller skulls and the massive hilt. It was impressive for a beast of a warrior to wield more then likely and she was letting a small whictle out at the idea of someone wielding it against them while touching it. No feeling of the dark or light it was just massive and reminded her more of a club then a sword but it was still built like a sword.

"That.... looks like it'd hurt...." The masked padawan murmured behind his Master, having finished setting up the beacon. His golden eyes were wide behind the mask in awe of the massive blade. The strength it'd take to swing such a blade with proper control, it was daunting to think a sentient being would posses such depths of physical might. He gently rubbed his neck under his hood, the vivid image of being struck there flashing through his mind. "It would take much effort, for one able to lift that monstrosity...."

Scary things indeed, hidden in these depths....

[member="Cathbodua"]

[member="Nagate Hei"] [member="Domino"]

Matsu was looking at the door and the padawan gave a good idea. "That can work, you begin, shifting the door is not something easy and I have only really gotten to practice on a couple of the things." Matsu was reaching into the force, vibrating her body and sending it into the force slowly as it reahed the door and rock. SHe couldn't pick the lock and there was no key but they could work on it as she slowly shifted one layer of the wall as the polished stone was gone and cracked sections they could put more energy into. Matsu was breathing in deep labored breaths leaning against it for contact to pour more energy within the wall as she was working to pierce it.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Vathbodua looked at the padawan and hefted it up as her muscles flexed. She looked at him while holding a small grin under her mask. "You'll need to spend more time in the gravity rooms, if you are building up at muscle mass your body will tire easily." She held it and resting the blade on her shoulder more then just holding it up she was walking with it. "It is lighter then I expected and we might be able to add it to the vaults and collection of weapons the order has found. The researchers and artifact hunters will enjoy it much like the stasis casket and other things we have found throughout the galaxy."

"You shatter the door and we'll probably survive, but what's on the other side might not." Domino said in warning as the door began to come apart. "It's not enough to know how to do something or even when to do something, but realizing how it's going to affect the world and people around you. This is part of being a responsible force user and is something I learned at cost." Taking a deep breath, she slid herself into a light trance on the exhale... and again when the first time only got her part of the way there. Then she focused inward, shrinking her perceptions down down down, to the tiniest of pricks. Finally she opened her eyes again and Looked at the door much as [member="Nagate Hei"] had done, only she was seeing the atoms between the cracks he'd detected and in the door. Art of the Small in one of its most refined forms and on a scale of precision few cared about anmore. Then, she simply counted electrons and protons.

"Here we go." She whispered to herself with a smile and, waving her hand as if practicing an ancient oriental man's car waxing technique, applied the faintest hint of her own energy to the door. If someone had gathered it all up and took it in at once it'd just equate to a mild static shock, but it was so attuned to her purpose that it was enough. Disrupted in their quest to have the perfect outer electron shell, each molecule broke it's bond with its neighbor and attached itself to the energy she'd provided. Without so much as a tremble, the door dropped into a pile of ultra-fine powder to reveal the room beyond.

"Shatterpoint doesn't have anything on me." Domino joked as she waved the two Jedi on ahead.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"] [member="Nagate Hei"]

Matsu watched it happen and wasn't certain what to do with it as the door shattered and the twi'lek smashed through it. The rock and pieces leaving dust in the air while she pushed with the force to move it to the side with more of her attention on what she could now feel behind it. "Well every door has a lock and every lock has a key... I just call mine Domino." She grinned while saying i though and going inside there was the cold sensation of something when she cracked a glow rod revealing a large holocron... no it wasn't a holocron it was the holocrons. Looking at it she could see the small gaps between them as they formed into a large three sided pyramid and she moved forward. "This, the jedi lost this... or I thought we had. Kiskla took it from Tython. The shadow repository over two hundred sith holocrons stretching back to Ajunta Pall and added to up until Lumiya. Just piled together more and more until it looked like a large holocron and stored away waiting for a master to take it." She said it more amused but had some ideas of what they could do with it and taking this back would be hard as hell to do. More then enough temptation from it and that the jedi might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom