Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Clockwork Rebellion Galactic Event

vjziymr.png

An ancient evil awakens deep within the catacombs of Coruscant and threatens to consume the entire Galaxy. The Star Wars RP Staff Team presents the first Timeline Galactic Event, the Clockwork Rebellion.

Omni, an ancient Artificial Intelligence with deep ties to the history of the Four Hundred Year Darkness, awakens and begins to unleash his droid armies upon the most powerful factions of the Galaxy. Sleeper Agents, characters who have been infected in the past by Omni, are activated and become "possessed", serving their machina overlord through the use of mind-controlling nanobots. Other characters will face the droids of Omni, who possess the capability of infecting and possessing these characters, turning them to serve the Clockwork Rebellion.

For nearly four hundred years, the Artificial Intelligence known as Omni has been building his resources for this moment of galactic terror. Ancient factories built centuries ago beneath the planet's crust come to life once more, releasing mechanical monstrosities on the surface. No planet, faction, or character is safe, and the AI will not relinquish his fight to dominate the Galaxy until he's defeated.

Questions

Q: Do I have to participate?
A: Of course not! This is no different than any other thread. Event threads, created by Staff or members, will be contained within the [CLOCKWORK] prefixes. Just avoid these threads if you don't wish to join in on the event, and you'll be fine. Obviously, there are quite a few changes you'll have to ignore, but we'll begin to scale these changes back as the event wears on. We only expect it to last for a month or so.

Q: Does this mean all ordinary role-plays will cease, including Dominions, Invasions, etc?
A: No! Of course not! We're trying to do something big while being as little invasive as possible. Factions may even continue to Invade each other, we just wanted to provide something of a galactic scale for those who're interested in doing something like this. If you're not interested in it whatsoever, don't participate! It's really that easy. You don't even have to acknowledge it In Character. We're not trying to force anyone to do anything they don't want to here.

Q: I don't like this theme! How do I change it?
A: Red Villainous and the Star Wars RP Chaos are still available in the Change Theme menu at the bottom of the board, to the left of "Mark Community Read". Just click it and choose which one you'd like! I understand we're kinda show-boating with the new theme. ;)

Q: How do I become a Sleeper Agent/Possessed member of the Clockwork Rebellion?
A: Easy! Just head over to the Character Creation forum and post in this thread that you wish to gain the [CLOCKWORK] rank title. It will be added in addition to the Rank Titles you already possess, so when the Event is over, we'll just remove the [CLOCKWORK] rank title and it'll be like nothing ever changed for you. You may then join the Clockwork Rebellion Faction... unless you think your character would just be on board, in which case, just join up!

Q: I kinda want my character to be possessed by Omni, but I have to ask - I'm not going to lose my Force Powers, am I?
A: Nope! It's a passive possession, you still remain your connection to the Force, all your powers, etc. You will just be serving the A.I.'s purposes.

Q: How extensive is this control that Omni exerts? Is it subtle or complete? How does it spread and manifest?
A: Imagine it as a subtle nudging. It wouldn't be full control, it's just that suddenly your mind would shift to his point of view. So you would go, "Wow, Omni makes a lot of sense, I'm gonna go help him with his goals now."

Q: Can it be resisted?
A: Resisted? No. Reversed? Yes.

Q: Cool art! Where'd you get it from?
A: Riyahd Cassiem from South Africa has thankfully granted us permission to use his artwork for this Galactic Event. Plus, he's really nice!
Deviant Art: Link
Ryiahd Cassiem's Blog: Link

Board Changes

A new prefix is available for the Roleplay Discussion/Star Wars Open Role-playing Forums: [SKIRMISH], meant to designate threads that are Faction vs Faction, much like Invasions, without a planet's occupation being the reward. The prefix is meant just for battles, or skirmishes, against other factions where there will be no exchanging of planets at the end of the thread.

A new prefix is available for Galactic Event related threads, [CLOCKWORK], please use these if you create a thread relating to the new timeline Galactic Event.

NEW RANK TITLES
These are now available to request in the REQUEST RANK TITLES thread in the Character Creation Forum.

General Use Tags
Assassin.png

CrimeLord.png

Cyborg.png

Echani.png

Engineer.png

Hutt.png

Officer.png

Prophet.png

Scoundrel.png

Slicer.png

Zeltron.png

Galactic Event Unique Tag
Clockwork.png

New Unique Title Tag
Grandmaster.png

New Faction Tags
TheHuttCartel.png

SouthSystemsSyndicate.png

Omni

O
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

In a twist turn of events, the Commando Group HYDRA has been splintered between the organic members and the new A.I controlled members. HYDRA flees from their former comrades, who now go by... MODOK. *DUNDUNDUUUUUN*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom