Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Bryn'adul | Crusader Breath Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• xiaomi-purely-rechargeable-air-mask_1.jpg
  • Intent: A simple and effective mask that converts hazardous Type III atmosphere into Type II for members of the Akhenaton, Vaydralen, and Ungulloi species on otherwise dangerous Bryn'adul worlds.
  • Image Source: http://www.mycoolbin.com/2016/11/09/xiaomi-anti-pollution-mask-combat-smog-air-pollution-china/
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Breath Mask
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:The Bryn'adul
  • Affiliation:The Bryn'adul
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: BM-1
  • Modularity: Easy to load and unload chemical charge | Comes in Akhenaton, Vaydralen, and Ungulloi variants.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Leather | Chemical Charge | Primitive Atmosphere Reader and Intake Valve
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Utilizes chemical charges loaded into the mask to convert Type III atmosphere into Type II atmosphere within the mask's confines.
STRENGTHS
  • Low-Tech - There are no electrical components within the mask. As such, it cannot be interrupted through the use of Ion or EMP devices, or through other creations which interfere with technological components such as those found in high-tech devices.
  • Chemical Charge - As the mask simply converts Type III atmosphere from the surrounding area directly into Type II, it has no limits on air supply so long as a fresh charge is inserted every several hours.
WEAKNESSES
  • No Supply Tank - The mask converts the atmosphere around it, but does not carry its own tanks or supply. As such, it cannot be used in circumstances wherein there is no atmosphere to convert without leading to asphyxiation.
  • Armorless - The mask has been designed to fulfill a single purpose. It provides little to no protection against non-atmospheric issues such as blasters or lightsabers. It is primarily composed of just leather, after all.
DESCRIPTION
With the recent adoption by the Bryn'adul of several new races, there have been concerns regarding how these new species would be able to live alongside their Draelvasier brethren, especially since all conquered planets had previously been subjected to extreme terraforming and atmospheric change. While the issue still remains and will need to be dealt with in the future, a temporary solution has been provided in the use of the BM-1 Crusader Air Mask which allows these fledgling races to operate with freedom and safety upon captured Bryn'adul planets.

The mask works by means of chemical elimination and substitution as dictated by a primitive atmospheric reader placed upon the mask which controls both the injection of chemicals and of new air. When the user takes a breath, the mask will allow a new burst of external air to be siphoned into the mask. The reader will then determine the rough composition of the air, and release chemicals from the charge until it has reached a Type II level of atmosphere, at which point it will halt the chemical injection. Every ten breaths or so, the mask will vent outward, sending harmful carbon dioxide and other waste products back into the atmosphere.

These chemical charges are fairly small and the entire mask setup is unencumbering to the point of not interfering with most armor and helmet designs. The charges last anywhere from 8-10 hours after which point they are no longer at peak efficiency. They will continue to operate for another hour or two, but the quality of air within this time-frame will be significantly worsened. Once they are completely depleted, the mask can only provide Type III atmosphere with no changes until its chemical charge has been exchanged for a fresh one.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Osam Osam

Very nice and useful piece of technology! I really love it! However I found ony one little problem.
  • You have to link the proper (website) link to the picture, not just the picture itself. Please fix this.
That's all, please let me know if you edited this.

MANIAC MANIAC

Thank you for the review!

I'd genuinely love to do that, but I'm running into some issues with accomplishing it. For one, the picture I took was taken off of a store page of some form or another. I'm going to change out the link to a different website (which has the picture and which might constitute a source, but its still definitely not the people who made the mask.

My attempts at tracking down those people have proved fruitless. The best I find is that the mask is available in several stores, but even trying to check those pages they're oftentimes "No Longer Available" as if though the item were removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom