Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The Blitz" | First Order Invasion of Galactic Alliance Held Planet of Skor II

Sieb Tevv

S
Task Force Moridena
"Admiral Tevv, we are receiving multiple confirmed reports from Skor II concerning First Order fleet activity."

What are those imperials up to now, wondered the old Sullustan, secretly considering if life was not better off when he was managing mining ships rather than dealing with Sith brotherhoods, force storms, terrors from the beyond, and fascists.

"What's in the reports, captain?"

"Latest reports several star destroyers, many cruisers and frigates."

The admiral nodded. "Sound familiar?"

"Yes, sir."
It sounded, in fact, like the flotilla that had gone missing deep behind their lines not long past.

"Helm, set a course for Skor II."

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] | [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] | [member="Laira Vereen"]

u8cXMHs.png
OOC: Due to the "witch elder" bug, I have to indicate Cathul's Force-rank in the signature. Not that it is of that much importance in fleeting, just that it needs to be said.

Objective: Reinforce the GADF naval presence on Skor
Allies: GA [member="Rach Vizla"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Sieb Tevv"]
Enemies: First Order [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]
Music: For Liberty (Shadow Dragon)

"Admiral, the latest deployment orders" Tanith told Cathul from the CIC.

"It appears that the First Order is about to reinforce the Graug holdouts on Skor, so we have to reinforce the local defense. I ran medvac when the Graug first attacked, so... all units, set course for Skor!"

"Where's Julie? the chief engineer asked Cathul before Cathul could take up the piloting station.

"Julie has been of some use but I guess, after Asmeru happened she doesn't quite get along with me anymore. After two defeats at the hands of the First Order, maybe third time's the charm"

"After what happened on Faldos, you should never question my own command ability again: I would hate to be running medvac when combat awaited"

"Asmeru shall be avenged!" Cathul shouted over PA.

"Asmeru shall be avenged!" the other bridge crew shouted.

After this engagement called Asmeru, where she had to fight near a gravitational anomaly, times were rough for Cathul. A skirmish on Faldos, where a squadron commanded by the very Tanith Helium defeated a squadron of three rogue imperial heavy cruisers, was the only moral victory as a naval commander since Kaeshana. She had to respect the First Order as a formidable naval enemy, even though she was one of the anchors of the Alliancist naval machine. The Alliance might have been defeated in the Mustafar sector, but Asmeru was as little compared to the goings-on at the other theaters, especially with Tanith Helium being relegated to medvac duty on Mustafar. Today, the First Order will realize that even their enemies have their own bags up their sleeves. And their own versions of the Imperator: no longer are Imperators solely a thing of Imperial factions. To think that, yesterday, she was on Karfeddion to help out in the construction of a refugee colony! While, of course, Cathul did all the topology she needed for the trip from Karfeddion to Skor, her brain ran on overdrive while she did so, with the Force as a painkiller. A few headaches later, she decides that, while there is no anomaly (or so the medvac crews that were present on Skor would claim), she still needs to have the whole fleet ready and go over the intended roles for new units. The monitors in particular, of which she had three. While, of course, heavy frigates were pretty similar in roles compared to the other heavy frigates she had, and same went for the destroyers, but the destroyers were much easier to slot in an existing battle plan than monitors.

"All bomber units, load up the heaviest ordnance possible: I expect low craft survivability" she blared, with her facial expression showing that she had to sustain some headaches.

"But, admiral: how are we to use the monitors? The monitors are unlike any ship we used this far"

"Even though they may be slow in their class size, they're still the fastest capital ships we have: we have to angle them so that they are as small as targets as possible, and then have them open fire from long range. Of course, because they're vulnerable, we ought to keep them at the back of the fleet"

"I'm surprised that you could still think pretty clearly even with those headaches" Carmen commented, off-hand, visibly spotting that something was amiss on Cathul's face.

The morale of the crew has worsened especially those who served on the ships that fought on Asmeru, let alone those who fought on, and survived, Kaeshana: the faces of the crewmen were perhaps a little low-brow. Few enough onboard the Hero of Coruscant survived Kaeshana, but most of those who did, survived the skirmish on Hakassi and the Atrisia Campaign. It seems that the survivors of Kaeshana were the most shaken of the gang, but Cathul knew that the heterogenous assemblage of ships might mean that there could be coordination problems. I hope that the crews of the Tectors, Duquesnes and Mustafars know what they're doing: if not, that is going to jeopardize the Alliance's already precarious situation. But if they realized that they were fighting under the command of one of the most celebrated Alliance admirals, whose claim to fame goes as far back as Kaeshana? Will the FOSB actually realize that I am no longer a therapist at some point? That, even though it's my pretty troubled past as a therapist that gave me most of the tactical knowledge I have, she thought, while Tanith tended to Cathul's headaches using Force-healing. Hopefully said headaches would not last so long that she would still have them upon reversion. Cathul's calculations would lead the fleet at a safe distance from Skor II but close enough to pick off several enemy battlefleets at long range on sensors, one of which stuck out like a sore thumb because of who it is registered to: everyone else were known quantities to her. Then again there were multiple battlefleets in this system, allied and enemy, in multiple staging areas.

"All squadrons, deploy! Keep your eyes open for enemy battlefleets!"

Capital ships:

ANS Hero of Coruscant (Mateus-class fleet carrier): 2000m
ANS Tector (Tector-X-class Star Destroyer) 1600m
ANS Bajulator (Tector-X-class Star Destroyer) 1600m
ANS Lothal (Lothal-class artillery cruiser): 762m
ANS Aleen (Lothal-class artillery cruiser): 762m
ANS Harrower (Duquesne-class heavy frigate): 500m
ANS Lictor (Duquesne-class heavy frigate): 500m
ANS Latrines (Duquesne-class heavy frigate): 500m
ANS Moenia (Nebulon B7): 300m
ANS Otoh Sancture (Nebulon B7): 300m
ANS Spinnaker (Nebulon B7): 300m
ANS Mustafar (Mustafar-class monitor): 200m
ANS Asmeru (Mustafar-class monitor): 200m
ANS Barkesh (Mustafar-class monitor): 200m

Attack craft:

216 T-70 X-Wings
50 D-Wings
30 BTL-S8 K-Wings

m6HyR6T.png
https://youtu.be/4HbzaIgBDRI​
((Emelie character theme))

Emelie Sterren
Skor II, Open Space, FIV Malice Hanger
Allies: [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], [member="Cyrus Tregessar"]
Enemies: None Yet

Emelie's hands give a gentle pull on the flight controls and feet depress pedals gently. She feels the craft shift through her seat and gives a small smile; Wasn't a lot to smile about before a combat operation. Nervously does Emelie's boots beat against the pedals and her lips whistle the tune of the First Galactic Empire's anthem jaws clatter together such is her anxiety. She listens to her wingman drop down into the TIE fighter behind her; The rookie straps himself in and passes off some comment with outward enthusiasm to rush head-long into battle prompting a scowl from Emelie she leans to the side and casts a glance towards him from her seat. "Don't be so excited, You're Special Forces now that doesn't mean you won't bleed any differently from the enemy." Emelie pauses after chastising the young trooper and they stare at each other for a long pause in an eerie silence before Emelie wheels back around and makes contact with the flight control center on the bridge, her TIE fighter sitting on the Hanger's floor beside a flight of other such fighters marked in the ubiquitous Red Stripes of the Special Forces. "Hawkeye Alpha this is Firehawk Three, standing by for launch clearance, over." Emelie awaits a reply; It was a subtle poke from the Special Forces Pilot to Flight Control for updated Orders or a Sitrep. Normally they'd have launched by now but perhaps Admiral Rausgeber had other plans? Emelie continues to calmly whistle the Galactic Empire's anthem on her lips and is interrupted by a whimper of an apology from the overzealous albeit young wingman she has forcing her to pause. "Don't worry about it Rook, just get your head in the game and do your job." Emelie's tone now is calm, collected. Not having the mark of irritation as it did earlier; Concluding that not launching a Fighter Pickett now would be a mistake at least in her opinion. It would become difficult to safely get their craft out of the hanger if they were being swarmed with Alliance snub fighters.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"].

TO ALL FIRST ORDER AND ALLIANCE SHIPS OVER OPEN COMM
[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Trextan wandered out into the epicentre of the blast. He could clearly make out where the creature of darkness had exploded after Choli had strafed it with laser fire. The duracrete where it had stood had actually been melted by the heat. There was no sign of the creature's remains, but the ground was still warped where it had cooled.

“Trextan!”

The young Justicar stopped. He caught just a hint of his name. He turned around to see the pilot of the U-Wing stood at the hold door calling after him. He couldn't make out the words.

“What?”

”Open channel!” the pilot's voice just reached him over the sound of the still running engines. The pilot tapped his own headset to get the message across. Trextan pulled his earpiece out and fitted it. This time the pilot came in clear. “This is an open broadcast, you need to hear this. Patching through.”

This is the King of Skor. My people are members, and under the protection of the Alliance. The citizens of the world have suffered enough and do not want to see more violence. Yet if you do not remove your forces from this system it shall be considered an act of war. I would ask that no Alliance forces or security teams securing us from the Yuuzhan Vong invaders open fire until they have been given the chance to leave peacefully. [member="Cathul Thuku"] [member="Sieb Tevv"] [member="Laira Vereen"] [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Rach Vizla"]

Trextan looked over at his shuttle and his heart sank.

'Who is he talking at?” He asked the pilot.

“We've got a First Order fleet in the system.”

“Kark.”

Tobias Wrynn

T
Disembarking "FIV Vindicator."
Attn: [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], [member="Emelie Sterren"]

The TIE/INs screamed as their systems went to full forward, and twelve interceptors erupted from within the belly of the Vindicator. Their initial flight pattern kept them tight and in close proximity to their assigned Destroyer as they received orders. Twice they circled the more massive ship as they calibrated systems and checked engines, then rechecked them. First Order flight protocols were stringent, both for pilot safety and optimized results. "Talon 3, no surprises this time."

A nervous laugh came across Talon Actual's ship-to-ship line as the other man began his reply. "Confirmed, Talon Leader. I learned my lesson the last time."

Oh, he had. Poor kid. They don't teach you to break those Corellian habits in the academy for nothing.

"Good. I'm not letting you die on me. Don't be in a hurry to do it."

"Sir."

They broke after the second pass and fanned out, headed for the rendezvous point with the allied fighter contingent. "This is Talon Actual hailing. We've been green lighted to provide support."

Dagget took a deep breath to get some oxygen to his brain. It helped to keep him calm and focused. You don't survive long as an Eyeball pilot without a cool head.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
m6HyR6T.png

VESSEL: Samara-class Ithorian Shuttle
OBJECTIVES:
  • Hang out with [member="Irajah Ven"]
  • Eradicate the Yuuzhan Vong infestation
  • Shake off the rust
  • Tangle with [member="Jaxton Ravos"] and whoever comes my way
  • Maybe get compromising footage of a Zambrano because of reasons
"Hm?" Ashin half-turned from the controls. Their civilian shipping lane was keeping together, but palpable urgency characterized the ship-handling she could see. If Skor II had planetary shielding, it hadn't gone up yet, and the civilian traffic seemed to think the planet would be a decent refuge. Maybe they were right.

"Mess? Definitely. Efficient in its way, though, by all accounts. I don't doubt the First Order is just tingling to impose structure here, but there's a way to do it and a way to-"

The comm futzed irritably as the Squib monarch's transmission came through. Ashin half-listened.

"I feel someone I used to know," she said absently, arcing the shuttle down into the smog of Metrobig. "I can't put my finger on it."

ys3i7PU.png
Objective: Bring Order
Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] - [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] - [member="Mishel Ren"]

[SIZE=11pt]Where the vast fleets and mighty armies of the First Order went, the secretive Order of Ren would follow. They were the Supreme Leader’s eyes and ears. His personal enforcers, willing to go to any length to further extend the the grasp of the First Order to any and every star system their Leader so desired. This time? The world of Skor II where the locals were deemed to have desirable skills and the planet rich in the raw materials needed to retrofit their ships damaged in the Mustafar offensive. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This time the Order of Ren was not acting alone. Among their ranks were Sith. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Volunteers[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] from the Panatha Reach there to muddy the waters. The Ren had been too loud recently. Their successful capture of Darth Vader’s Castle had drawn more attention than they were comfortable with. So today they were Sith. The two groups sat in silence, most of them masked and unreadable. One such person without any mask was Samka Derith.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She wanted them to see her. Samka’s face, one so youthful and clean. Her figure short and petite. But there was something very [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]off[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] about the young woman. Her skin was so unnaturally pale it was an eerie sight. Her pupils, once brown, now corrupted into crimson. Her very aura would create a feeling of unease for those not sufficiently strong in the Dark Side. She wanted them all to see, to know, that despite her dainty, young, girlish frame, she was more powerful than anyone else on this shuttle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well almost.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]There was but one Force Presence darker and more powerful than hers. That of the infamous Sith Lord, Darth Carnifex. But he wasn’t with the others. Carnifex had elected to partake in private pre-battle meditation, whatever that had meant.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]There was a slight rattle and a hum to signify they had broken atmosphere. Samka rose to her feet, feeling the attention of the two dozen or so Dark Siders turn to her. “Remember,” her voice as youthful as her appearance but, just like with her looks, there was a firm, dangerous tone to every word. “We’re not here to butcher, as disappointing as that may be. We’re here to save the locals and crush the insurgencies from which they suffer. The Squibs are a weak, disgusting people but we are not to attack unless fired upon. Kill the Yuuzhan Vong where you find them, the creatures are abominations,” Samka made no attempt to hide her personal feelings on creatures existing ‘outside’ of the Force, “but leave the Graug if possible. They may be reasoned with.” Her eyes flickered to where Darth Carnifex was residing. She had fought alongside the Graug warband loyal to the Sith Lord before and knew how much loyalty Carnifex commanded from the creatures. She hoped having the man with them would be a great asset when dealing with Graug.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Finally, Samka reached down to pick her helmet and mask from the floor and secured it to her head. Now she was just another shadowy figure, glad in all black robes and armour with a voice distorted and metallic. “And if any Jedi or other Alliance types get in your way: kill them immediately. This is our world now.”[/SIZE]

skin, bone, and arrogance
m6HyR6T.png

"Look sharp," Commander Charlotte Reed said from her position at the command deck of the FIV Maul. She was flying in the battlegroup of Admiral [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], finally having received command of her own ship following her disastrous injuries. She was nervous -- about as nervous as she had ever been -- and wanted to make sure this sortie went perfectly. She clasped her leather-gloved hands behind her back and paced to the communications console. "We're linked into FleetCom?" she asked sternly.

"Yes, ma'am," replied the communications officer.

"Very good," said Charlie, turning to walk across the bridge to the weapons coordinator. "Are our reactors primed for firing?" The weapons coordinator nodded and Charlotte nodded, returning to the command stage. "Ten seconds to reversion to realspace. Prepare to revert on my mark." She checked her wristwatch, then looked at the ship's clock. "Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Mark!" Reality revised around them, reforming into space. It was always a comforting feeling to arrive with the task force you were meant to; if you had friends, you were halfway home.

"Open a channel to Admiral Rausgeber," she called. A moment later, she was patched in. "Admiral Rausgeber, can I get some firing solutions started for you, sir?"

Allies: [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Elliot Locke"]
Enemies: First Order folk

Just a few short weeks ago, she'd been crammed in a stolen First Order fighter with two of her younger siblings flying for her life and their's over Barkesh onto Belsavis. The small mining and canyon village had been destroyed in the First Order's invading forces and since her father had been loyal to the Alliance, it would've only been a matter of time 'fore she and what was left of her family were rounded up for re-education camps, enlistment, or execution. The redhead didn't think too kindly on that.

Just as Mister Janes was distracted, she was too, in her own way, thinking about those little rugrat siblings of hers. They were safe, for now, and that's all that mattered. She had bigger things on her mind, like proving the skills she knew she had to the other Wraith squadron members. Sure, she'd lied through her teeth about her age - had a fake ID that said she was 18 when she was really two years shy. She was pretty sure Mister Janes knew but accepted it anyway - perhaps due to her predecessor, someone named [member="Choli Vyn"].

Shoot, probably the whole squadron knew.

Hazel-eyes blinked, set in that freckled face of hers, as the sim froze. "Yeah, tell Jay to start using the sonic before he steps into these sims," voice like slow melted-molasses with a twang of fire quipped back to Asmus Janes. Lights came on and the hatch of the mock-vessel opened. Helmet peeled off, leaving puffs of coppery hair sticking up in whispy-waves.

The teen scrambled out.

"Controls are a little jumpy but reminds me enough of the cave runners back home."

It meant she could handle it. Or, she told herself she could handle it because according to that call, it was very much time for the real world.

ys3i7PU.png

Objectives: Eliminate resistance to the First Order's Presence in the Sector
Expected Opposition: The Galactic Alliance, [member="Saul Perth"].
Nearby Allies: [member="Jacques"], [member="Castor Ren"].

Brennan Cabrol stood and watched from the starboard of the Corvette as the glow of Skor II came into view and illuminated all other vessels in the area, like a cloud descending upon the unwilling world, their people moved into position to once again dominate the opposition and bring about true stability to the sector. The Disciple eagerly awaited their landing, he was by every sense a fanatic of the Knights of Ren, burdened not by the morality of choice but consumed by the prospect of what the Supreme Leader had achieved and still continued to do so using the Knights of Ren as his right hand, Brennan's one focus here would be that he played an active part in ensuring their success, caring not for what that entailed.

He had come armed and would be easily recognized by his peers, his black cloak that draped around his form covered much of the Armor that was the make of the Bastion back home on Virgillia, high time that it was put to good use. Strapped down around his right leg, was the Dirk of which was the first blade he had been given upon entrance to their secretive Order, his Lightsaber the counterpart of which hung from his belt upon his right and to the left, holstered firmly against his hip was the Sidearm of their powerful military, a weapon of which he used far less yet might be the difference between life and death for him down upon such a world; Above all else however was the presence of the Darkside that fluctuated around him in all his impatience, eager to throw himself against whatever threatened the progress of their armada.

Turbulence rocked the vessel as it shot down through the atmosphere, a skilled pilot in control of their descent, Brennan had not bothered to speak to him for the man knew already what was expected and whom he was delivering unto the war-zone, a notable person from Virgillia often meant that it was best not to ask questions and the silence fit Brennan perfectly, instead turning his attention to the time that he had to build call the force to him, strengthening himself and his resolve that he might step into this battle deterred not by past influences. "ETA, two mikes out" the voice announced across the intercom, the Disciples gaze lifting and soon he turned to move towards the aft of the vessel to which he stood ready. Two minutes felt like a lifetime here, looking to the sealed door that would soon lower and he be freed of the durasteel cage, the lack of room was trifling and locked within, he was accompanied by nothing but his thoughts, his expectations and his uncertainties. The call of war would silence these the moment that he stepped out into it's embrace, yet here...-He found only frustration. Lifting his left arm to his front, he swiped his right across the device strapped to his gauntlet, the Datapad lighting up and soon displaying an overview of the world so that Brennan might know what to expect. The Com-Channel of the Knights of Ren too came through the very same device, the Disciple listening intently so to meet with his peers; one of them could do some damage yet several could wipe out squadrons in the perfect scenario.

Finally the landing bay hissed, the air from the outside world causing his robe to rise up at his back, the landing struts meeting the surface of Skor II and the voice from further back once more coming across the intercom, "LZ is clear, I will rendezvous with the fleet and wait for your word. Contact me for Exfil...", the voice faded with every step that Brennan took, leaving the craft behind him and turning his attention to the environment that now surrounded him, the City looking truly devastated, a war having already been fought and one from what we could tell though he knew not the history, he had come upon Orders and his prerogative was clear.

"This is Brennan, I'm on point in Metrobig" he announced through to the rest of the Knights of Ren within the vicinity, "Here to provide support where ever necessary, what are my Orders?" He had generic instructions though his call went out wide to his superiors, looking first to see who among them were present within the area and what they might ask for him, before he looked to assist the troops.

ys3i7PU.png
The landing shuttle's crew chief held up a hand. Five minutes.​

Slug-throwing pistol. 15 round magazine. One in the chamber. Six magazines.
Vibro-blade, roughly the length of a machete. Lay vertically on his back.
Blaster carbine. Enough stopping power to throw around a Wookie. On his chest. Ten cartridges.
Brass knuckles. On his left hand.
Havoc Squad armor. On his body.
Two sonic grenades. A thermal detonator.

That's all he had. No fancy tools here. Just a basic infantryman's loadout. Because that's what he was. The Alliance Military rang the war drum. He was en-route, huddled with close to maybe two dozen other soldiers. Equally nervous. But he was more experienced. He had the Sergeant chevrons. Might as well make it seem like he was okay. Truth was, the First Order was about as ruthless as the One Sith. Except the First Order had more know-how and a little bit better military. It was times like these he still wished he had a squad.

He stood up in the shuttle. Wanted to make sure the men knew he was in charge. He watched the crew chief's hand go up again. Four minutes. Hot landing. Would land in a secluded area of Metrobig- and their objective was to secure a few blocks and conduct recon and harassing attacks. Not a lot of men to do that with, but he could make it work. He turned towards the shuttle's doors, waiting to be let out. Had to be aggressive when they landed. Had to be fast. No room for mercy, no room for weakness. They didn't have to win here-

they needed to.

Samuel Jones

First Order Navel Commander (FIV Maelstrom)
m6HyR6T.png

Allies: FO, [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] | @Cyrus Tregessar
enemies: None yet.

Above Skor II aboard the FIV Maelstrom.

After months of uneventful FO border space patrol, Samuel was excited and terrified. up until now he was only in command of his ship, the maelstrom, but after the successful invasion of the mustifar system the first order called for all available ships to assist in a quick strike mission to invade Skor II. Due to the situation, Samuel was put in command of 6 additional corvettes four additional Fontan II classes and two Charger-class. it was his first real command, and he was ready. he left the captains quarters and main his way to the bridge. he entered just a few second before exiting hyperspace, ​"Commander, All ships reported in all good, Admiral [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] 's fleet is already in the system, he wants you to check in when we exit hyperspace." ​"very well, how long till realspace?"​ " ​30 sec till return to real space" ​mere seconds till action time, the adrenalin started to kick in. ​"5...4...3...2.. exit." ​the star line trans-formed back into the natural circler shapes. first thing he saw was several mando ships in space no engagement yet but.. ​"coms officer transmit to all ships, Dagger attack formation, fall behind the ​FIV Lightning, All hand to battle stations! and open me a line to the Admiral."

​several minutes passed and he was able to get a encrypted comms channel to the Admiral, ​"Admiral Rausgeber, commander Jones of Picket fleet Delta reporting for duty, standing by and awaiting further orders." ​he was ordered to report as soon as he entered system, and he obeyed, like he'd do anything but. he longed to see laser fire fly through space as a battle would commence soon, he only wish it was sooner.

Picket Fleet Delta comp.​
FIV Maelstrom( Flag ship) | model: Fontan II class heavy corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.
FIV Plasma-Caster | model: Fontan II class heavy corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.
FIV Lightning | model: Fontan II class heavy corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.
FIV Winters-Wrath | model: Fontan II class heavy corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.
FIV Reckless | model: Fontan II class heavy corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.

FIV Daggers edge | Charger-class escort corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.
FIV Star's-Fire | Charger-class escort corvette | shields: 100% , Hull: 100%.

u8cXMHs.png

Aboard the FIV Discovery, Lieutenant Ranulph Tarkin stood in the back of what he gathered to be an intellectual's meeting. He and his unit were simply there to ensure no harm came to the group of... Librarians as he put it. A relatively 'easy' assignment compared to his work on G'Rho and as it would suit him. This placed Ranulph back in the Western Reaches, again. Ranulph was geared with the latest in First Order armour, the FO-02 for certain as well as the standard blaster pistol SE-44C and the F-11D. Sgt. Viramontes wasn't too far away from where he stood and he wondered if she could make out what all the talk was about this, Jedi statue. "Don't suppose you've put two and two together on this, have you?"

"And they sent you to officer school?" She asked him with a bit of a chuckle, "and the answer is yes."

The serjeant looked over at Dr. Permank who looked to be a rather dour person, in as far as Viramontes was concerned. Viramontes stood with her head just above the doctor's shoulders while Ranulph seemed to just reach his height although at the moment the young officer skulked about. Lumped with escort duty he had been hoping for a real line of work. Stationed on Hoth or Endor one of those old illustrious places, and here he was babysitting these scientific folk. It took all of Valasquez's power not to shout the young man into shape. He was still her superior and when it came time to conduct their mission, the man was disciplined. Corporal Strovenko who was also just a bit taller than the serjeant interjected a bit of an opinion, "I find this all rather fascinating, don't suppose the local uni has a class on this sort of thing?"

"You could look when we get back to base, wouldn't hurt to find out." Viramontes offered a bit of advice, "we're going after an old Jedi relic which means..."

"We'll be walking targets," Ranulph added as he took a breath and looked down at the white plastoid armor, "right then Serjeant did we get a helmet check in already?"

Viramontes nodded and answered, "aye, we can run another before we disembark."

"Yes, yes we'll do another check here shortly, and our riot control equipment?"

"Just the one squad, they'll be primary to keep the Doctor and her people safe we'll work around them." Viramontes once more answered shifting her weight between her legs. By now the stormtroopers were well engaged in their own topic of discussion just as Dr. Saint George laid out an accusation against the Galactic Alliance and their failure to preserve history. Which in turn made Corporal Strovenko chuckle, and Ranulph let out an audible sigh.

He looked down at his helmet and then over to both Strovenko and Viramontes, "where's Private Jax?"

"Riot control," Strovenko responded, "do you want me to get him?"

"No, leave him be," Ranulph remarked and then realised that the Librarians had done their talking and all the room had been silent save for the stormtroopers. And so when Dr. Saint George asked for questions he had one, t'was an obvious one at that. "I've got one, forgive the ol' buckethead Dr. Saint George." The officer stepped forward toward the group of scientists, "how do you plan on getting this statue off of Skor?" He'd only been tasked with her safety, and thus wanted to know if he needed to request additional supplies. Not that he'd really get any straight away, but at least he could make the quartermaster's day... again.

[member="Audrey Saint George"]

ys3i7PU.png

ALLIES: Galactic Alliance,
ENEMIES: First Order
GEAR: Armor, Gun, Lightsaber x 2, Another Gun
OBJECTIVE: Heading in towards planet. There's likely a score to settle
THEME: Me and Mine.

The ship dropped out of hyperspace to an unfortunate sound. Words spoken over the communications, indicating an extensive number of unfortunate things.
::This is the King of Skor. My people are members, and under the protection of the Alliance. The citizens of the world have suffered enough and do not want to see more violence. Yet if you do not remove your forces from this system it shall be considered an act of war. I would ask that no Alliance forces or security teams securing us from the Yuuzhan Vong invaders open fire until they have been given the chance to leave peacefully.::

Gabe looked out from the view screen as he listened to the message quietly. So it was true, that the First Order would come to such a play and strike against Skor in the moment of turmoil. If what he had seen from Jamie and from Taheera was any indication of the actions of this order, then it shouldn't have been surprising. Opportunistic, picking carrion from a limping beast. There was precious few things that could have gotten him so aptly involved in this war. Striking against those in need was one of them.

But he was simply an individual, pushing his way out of retirement. He wasn't intent on breaking from the rank of the Galactic Alliance or the requests of the sovereign nation within their protection. So he resolved himself to a task that was just as important as dealing with the First Order. Blotting out the Yuuzhan Vong incursion. There were precious few members of the Galactic Alliance that had as deeply seated experience in the culture and species.

He stepped away from the console as he approached the small space reserved for donning equipment. He wore what he had always worn. Vanguard armor, meant for the reckless. A rifle meant for a soldier. A shotgun meant for a sheriff. And two lightsabers, meant for a Jedi. He wondered which he would be on this day. He wondered if he would wage war as he always had, for the benefit of those that sought him out for care. If thoughts of Ava and Cera and Maud and Destin would set his foot to advancement. If his recent friends, their turmoil, would be enough to spark an ember of passion within the recluse. As he moved to put on the armor, he clutched his left fist. The scarring of his crucifixion was ever a constant reminder of his failures. And what needed to be rectified.

"What's the plan?"

He let out a slow sigh as he waved the pilot on. "Take us down to Metrobig. We'll set out on foot and deal with the Yuuzhan Vong there. I have no doubt the First Order won't respect the sovereignty of this nation."

"10-4."

Allies: Alliance ([member="Keric Dynt"] [member="Bryce Bantam"])
Enemies: First Order ([member="Nils Brenner"]) and his squad
Objective: D-fence™
Gear:

It didn't surprise Canal that the First Order would continue their offensive, but what did surprised him was that they targeted an irrelevant world full of scrap, Vong, Graug, and Squib.

What a dumb species name.

The clone had been stationed on Skor weeks after the Alliance defeat on Mustafar and its other neighboring systems as the Squib needed more reinforcements against the Graug and the Vong. He was not one of the many Alliance personnel that intervened an infamous evil's campaign on the planet which was arguably successful, but the presence of those monsters harassed and disturbed the way of life for the inhabitants of the planet. He couldn't really blame the higher ups to station him and his unit at Skor as the clone knew what it was like to deal with these types of insurgents, especially the Vong. It did, however, irritated him that the Alliance wasn't using his skills on the front lines against the First Order and it agitated him more of just thinking back on the outcome of Mustafar.

Now he'd get to meet them again in battle as the alarms rung out, signaling of the First Order within the system. Out of instinct, the trooper and his unit readied themselves with their armor, arms, and other necessary equipment they needed. They then rushed out into the hallways, like many of the other soldiers aboard the cruiser they were on, and made way for the hangar bay. Some would go out and attempt to board enemy ships, while others would go and reinforce the ground and space units. Once Canal and his men had boarded a dropship the clone ordered their pilot to drop them off at the Metrobig Platform.

"That platform has their own defense systems that can take down hostile fighters and dropships, and that is something we cannot afford to lose."

His men, that despised their commanding officer and vice versa, came to agree on the clone's thinking. Imperial dropships would not only have to deal with pursuing fighters and batteries, but they would also have to deal with the platform's turrets and whatever artillery that was on Skor's earth. Simple strategy and tactics.

Mishel Kryze

M
ys3i7PU.png
Objective: Obey Orders
Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] - @Samka Derith - [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

The shuttle had been silent for the most part, as the mission was clear: Eliminate the Yuuzhan Vong. Disgusting creatures as far as she could tell, and the atrocities they had committed seemed to stack higher and higher. Skor II was now the planet that Seiger Ren desired, that the First Order sought to lay claims to. Mishel cared not for what tactical advantages that might gain her society. What she cared to do, was to erode the blasted light side aura that now plagued her being. Ever since her recovery on Monastery, there had been a change. Her once deep connection to the dark side had diminished and she now walked equal parts light and equal parts dark. The brunette's attention drew toward the petite Knight. Her master, Samka Derith - who's very words on Mustafar still echoed throughout her mind. Although now, Mishel no longer looked upon her master with haunting eyes, that once burned with a fiery darkness. No, now she looked upon her with hazel-green eyes and the scars on her face bore the story of Mustafar. Just as the neurotransponder on her back did, fully charged the vat-grown Ren was ready to serve her master, to serve her father and their Imperial society.

Usually, her master's presence was the darkest of all, but today as she cast a sideways glance toward Darth Carnifex that was not the case. There was something about the Sith Lord that stirred a familiar memory. One not her own, but of her mothers. She had glimpsed at the file there at Vader's Castle recalled the frequent battles between Siobhan Kerrigan and Carnifex. How oddly befitting that the Grandmistress's daughter now sat in a shuttle with the very Sith Lord she clashed against, the one of whom she had taken everything from. Bodies, lungs and perhaps even a bit of pride? Mishel would have to return to the Castle after this fight, she thought. Her attention then turned toward Kaalia, and then back to Samka Derith. Save the locals, kill the Vong and spare the Squibs were the orders given to her. The brunette kept this in her mind as she checked her armour once more, standard Ren armour only now there was a new helmet.

It was strange at first when she secured it but now it was starting to feel like a second skin. "Yes master," Mishel replied as she breathed in a unique composition of air, one made to mimic that of the Tygaran atmosphere. She rose to her feet and readied a hand over her lightsaber, prepared to attack the Vong on sight.

m6HyR6T.png
Objective: Land At The Platform.
Allies: [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Ara Ren"] | [member="Torian Pierce"] | [member="Tobias Wrynn"] |@Asharard Graush
Enemies: [member="Canal"] | @Nicholas Thorne | [member="Laira Vereen"] | @Ralph Thule | [member="Bryce Bantam"]
Loadout: 1x FO2 Stormtrooper Armour; Orange Pauldron | 1x F-11D Rifle | 1x SE-44C Blaster Pistol | 2x VX Gas Grenades| 1x VX Injector | 2x Thermal Detonators | 1x Lightsaber
NPC's: The Gundark Gunners.

Captain Rexus Wenck put out his cigarette as the FIV Vindicator dropped out of lightspeed. The stormtrooper methodically put out the roll of burning paper with his crisp, white boot. Crossing the bustling hangar, the captain moved to where his men were congregating, outside the atmospheric assault lander they were to take to their objective. "Alright karknuggets," Rexus began, "Look alive!" The men and women of the Gundark Gunners slowly stood to attention, standing in parade formation. "This is it ladies and lads," Rexus began, "This is where you need to be at your very best. Each and everyone of you are going to rely on your instincts, and your wits. But most importantly every man and women beside you behind you. So remember that." Wenck continued, and paused, the Gunners listened expectantly, "What are you maggots waiting for, get the kark in the lander!"

The troopers filed into the lander, and Rexus followed, like a shepard to his herd. The stormtrooper officer looked over them, and sighed. Just some pre-battle nerves. That, and the saber that hung on his belt. Rexus had traded his reliable riot baton for something different, the weapon of a Jedi. Although confident in his training with such a weapon, now was the time to put his skill to the real test. It could be a boon, the saber was something of a useful utility. Particularly when cutting through doors and the like. But Wenck nonetheless was skeptical. The captain closed his eyes as the lander took off.

"You alright there boss?" A gruff voice called out from the crowds of stormtroopers. It was the unforgettable sound of sergeant Dergan Twigg, Rexus' chief enforcer within the Gunners.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Rexus replied, breathing out slowly, "Just a little on edge."

"Ah, calm down guv," Twigg replied with a jovial chuckle, "You're always the most calm before we go knocking about." Twigg added, "You're a cold hard killing machine."

"Yeah, but I have this new stuff," Rexus replied, "Do you, well, do you think I'm gonna attract some attention with this?"

"With what?" Dergan asked, "The saber?"

"Of course with the saber dumbarse!" The captain snapped.

"Look, way I see it boss, is we're your squad," Twigg replied, "And we 'ave your back, every step of the way. Any Jedi that messes with you, is gonna end up karked against some wall with fifty or so blaster bolts hitting 'em."

Rexus nodded and quietly acknowledged Twigg's interjection. "Cheers." The officer replied.

"No problemo." Twigg responded, "I promise you mate, we're not gonna let anything happen to you." There was a murmur of agreement, as Twigg slapped the trooper on the back, "Now, get ready mate, only a matter of time now before we get out there."

Rexus nodded, and calmed himself. He was a stormtrooper. He'd survived the living dead. The tropical hell of Zarnathea, and the Galactic Alliance's best. Not once. But twice. And today would be the third time. Armed with this knowledge, Wenck felt himself relaxing, his muscles loosening. He didn't notice the one minute warning. Nor the ten second. But when the door hissed open for the stormtroopers to land, Rexus Wenck was first man out, charging into the fray.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim

Objectives:
  • Hustle to Metrobig City
  • Bustle off some rust
  • Tussle with [member="Ashin Karrde"]
  • Rustle some Vong

There was a time to learn, and a time to teach. A time to hold, a time to let go. A time to dream, a time to cry. A time for peace, and a time for war. Today it was time for war. Jaxton could smell it in the winds. Feel it underneath his feet. Hear it's tremors start to quake. Yet for the first time Jaxton was ready for it. This was not the first battle he'd been in, and if the Force willed it would not be the last, but he had never gone in before ready. He was always reluctant. Always reactionary. Because, like a fool, Jaxton had made an assumption.

He assumed that the galaxy's natural state was peace. Freedom. But he saw now he was wrong. The natural state of the Galaxy was chaos. War was not inevitable, it was ever-present. Always there, always lurking, but perhaps not as clear as many thought. The Dark Side of the Force pervaded through the Galaxy, even Beyond Shadows. Yet when exploring Beyond Shadows it was difficult to find a Sith. Difficult to find a Dark Sider. Yet one could feel it's presence. Perhaps Beyond Shadows was the soul of the galaxy. Which would make the 'normal' galaxy the body. The Sith were a virus, wounding the galaxy. Infecting others to join their cause or simply die.

Which made Jaxton an antibody. A white blood cell. A warrior made and trained to fix the galaxy's sickness. One Sith at a time. It was all connected. Jaxton would fix it. He had too. Who would if he didn't? Who knew the implications of what was happening.

ping

Jaxton felt it. It was a song stuck in his head that he couldn't recall the lyrics to. It was the scent of a food he couldn't taste. It was the warmth of the sun, trying to pierce through the dirt under which he'd been buried. It was a person he'd met, but couldn't remember.

Who are you? Jaxton thought to himself as his hand drifted to his Retrosaber. In the face of the unknown his weapon was familiar. Comforting. It was the only thing he always kept with him, aside from the Force. What more did he need after all?

Allies: GA [member="Sieb Tevv"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"]
Enemies: @Carlyle long name
Engaging: [member="Cyrus Tregessar"]
Fleet:
FWS Sovereign (Command)
FWS Watch Tower
FWS Devil Eyes
FWS Witch Sight
FWS Lance
FWS Spear

"Mark all First Order Vessels, monitor and decrypt all communications between them and to their ground forces. Funnel relevant information to [member="Aeron Kreelan"] and the SIS. Other than that, maintain sensor mask on the Sovereign and focus electronic warfare modules on enemy marauders. Center vessel gets a double whammy." Rach's voice was stern, but there was no fear in it. This was a place he was overall used to. The First Order was young, and he was squaring off with their only senior fleet officer.

"Call up a reinforcement line from Polis Massa if possible. See if we can spare a few heavy cruisers." Rach was a grizzled old man, at one point over Castameer he had prepared his primary reactor to overload and detonate, fully prepared and willing to shove ten thousand metric tons of Isotope-5 into an enemy formation and watch them all become the newest, brightest star in the galaxy. But, he was also grouchy and didn't die easy. You had to work for it.

The Flotilla moved a little, the two destroyers side by side with detector frigates sitting just to the aft of them and below, pointing their highly specialized sensor arrays at the First Order Fleet, the gun frigate and corvette situated just above and in front of the pair and above. Within the hangars fighters and bombers readied themselves, but nothing yet launched. Pilots were getting situated in their seats and engines were turning on green. Some squadrons were loaded in racks waiting to swarm out at a moments notice.

"Commander, message." The woman at the console played it over the line at his command throne.

Carlyle Rausgeber said:
"Unidentified Mandolorian Ships. This is First Imperial Command," She began on an open frequency, "The planet of Skor is about to come under attack from our forces. We request that you leave if you wish to avoid this conflict."

"Shame white noising them would be a waste, he's got that handled on his end." Rach said with a subtle laugh, the bridge crew joining in. "Remind me to throw some asteroids at Dosuun next time I'm in their neighborhood." More laughter erupted from the crew. The woman at Rach's side pinched the side of his sleeve subtly, reminding him to stay focused and to do her level best to keep him from being too overconfident. Her duties as his command aide were simple in that regard, it was her Force Sensitivity that made her truly special. Were it not for having to help protect the bridge crew from mental attacks and aid in fleet coordination she would have the easiest job in the fleet. "No response via communications. We know why they are here, they know why we are here."

"Interdict the force before us lead by the infamous Admiral Tregessar. Ready weapons for when they hit long ranges." His adversary was a seasoned admiral and possessed a large number of escorts to harass any fighter attack he launched, though Rach arguably held the superior firepower between his two destroyers. And if his Keldabe and Bes'drahr arrived soon to form up with the rest of the flotilla, the old fang would fill space with more flak than the Admiral could shake a stick at.

OOC
Looks like 3700 vs 5200 and change. Rach had a force established as following him from the Rebellion, gonna drag up two spare heavy cruisers and be even if there are no objections Cyrus.

Actions
  • Shifted alignment
  • Readied weapons
  • Ewar Modules to Marauder-class Cruisers. (2 to the center one/1/1)

u8cXMHs.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-SPKB8R-e8​

Thalera Isianthar
FIV Ashira, Bridge
Allies: [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], [member="Cyrus Tregessar"], [member="Samuel Jones"]
Enemies: None (Directly)
Vessel: FIV Ashira

Thalera breathes softly within the confines of the Imperial Stormtrooper Helmet; she'd reprogrammed the armour's environmental control systems to replicate Kaeshana's pre-cataclysm atmosphere to ensure she would need a breathing apparatus for this upcoming battle. The helmet is somewhat suffocating; squashing her ears up against skull somewhat uncomfortably and excessively dampening the sound of the bridge chatter. "And though we march into the crucible of fire; We fight and die so that the Eldorai and Kaeshana will live and grow. May Ashira judge us, and Illyria take us. Should we fail in this duty." Reciting an oath taken long ago only to be distracted; Thalera feels her hair sitting heavily around the hermetic seal around her neck, though she'd tied it into a ponytail for this occasion it exceeded the length permitted by military personnel. This made wearing the Stormtrooper helmet uncomfortable although by the same token it was pleasant to be released from the necessity of a respirator, even if the armour's fit isn't perfect and was of long antiquated stock; Thalera had made do with less in past and far more desperate situations. "Comm, sound general quarters; All hands to battle stations." Shortly after this the sound of the ubiquitous Imperial Klaxon sounds throughout the Star-Destroyer sized Interdictor, droning several times before ceasing and the helmsman passes a warning about an incoming reversion to realspace and the presence of friendly IFF signatures on their short-range contacts.

"All engines, stop." Thalera orders calmly to the helmsman, she uses her cybernetic eyes from behind the transparent Stormtrooper visor lenses to peer out through the Transparisteel viewports of the bridge and spots the Friendly First Order Navy Battlegroup in the distance and presses a button on the side of the Stormtrooper helmet and connects to the First Order Navy Comlink channel, using the Ashira's subspace communication system to amplify range. "FIV Malice this is FIV Ashira, Message; We've just exited hyperspace and are here to Rendezvous with Battlegroup Imperator, over." Scanning the Ashira's IFF Transponder codes any First Order vessels could verify its' affiliation with the First Order. Thalera folds hands behind her back. "All engines ahead, one-third. Set course for Battlegroup Imperator and position us on the right-flank of those Imperial-Class Destroyers." With that the Ashira's engines shoot to life in a great big cloud of Ion energy, propelling the Star Destroyer sized and armed vessel along with surprising speed for a ship its' size. Every single member of the crew had assumed their battlestations and the Ashira is prepared to respond to any threat with its full complement of offensive and defensive capabilities.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] [member="Ranulph Tarkin"] [member="Cathul Thuku"] [member="Samuel Jones"] [member="Rach Vizla"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Sieb Tevv"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom