Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Best Laid Plans

Saram Kote

Strill Securities Al'verde

y43pnZR.jpg
KOOR

Immediate Friendly Forces: Davaab Vuhyr'yalilyr Squad, Ruus Kote Ruus Kote (temporarily)
Tag(s): Dareth Uisden Dareth Uisden
Abregado-Rae, Abregado-Rae Spaceport, LoBue Cantina
"Thanks for coming out, Sari'ka," intoned Ruus Kote Ruus Kote . "You know I wouldn't have left the job unfinished if we weren't being redeployed so quickly. Company can't afford to leave a job like this unfinished." Saram nodded. It wasn't the credits that the company couldn't afford to lose, but the hit to their reputation that came with failure. The mercenary business was a cutthroat one. Any sign of weakness, any slight scent of blood, and the predators would be in before you breathe your last. There was enough osik about them working permanently for the CIS, and other osik, they didn't need this. She and Davaab weren't quite in the area, but Ruus, Mirta and Aamer were needed elsewhere, and they had no other tasking orders. Well, that wasn't entirely accurate, but given what their next objective was, she had a plan that would tie everything together quite nicely.
It was for that reason that she'd put out the job for a smuggler. Abregado was a very busy port, and on short notice like this, it was unlikely she'd find someone who wasn't desperate for creds, which was both a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing was that given the amount of credits she'd promised, anyone desperate enough to take a job on short notice would hardly refuse it. The downside was that credits didn't quite buy loyalty, and among smugglers, loyalty to the contract wasn't quite something to be expected. "It's no problem, vod. We'll get her to a neutral port, just as arranged. CIS brass tell you what you're after?" The 'she' in question was the daughter of a shipping magnate caught up in some nasty business that her father was involved in.
"Nayc," said Ruus, shaking his head. "Apparently we're being filled in en route. Given that we've always been the CIS' rapid response force, that doesn't exactly surprise me. They did tell me to bring tanks, and more than a few of 'em, so I can guess that we're not there to put down a riot." Saram nodded again, this time actually taking a sip from her Corellian whiskey, the excellent smokey, peatey notes left her wondering why she didn't splurge on gal more often. Especially since the CIS always paid well,. In any event, with the exception of Dorvalla and Rodia, things hadn't ever really gone bad for them. "Girl give you any trouble?" Xena Dawntreader was being very cooperative with them, and was quite happy to have several heavily armed and armored Mandalorians between her and her problems.
"Just happy to be alive, from the looks of things," she answered before a message from her squad's sniper, Viraen, caught her attention. Her cybernetic link with her armor allowed her to keep track of the comms even without her helmet on. Viraen had apparently seen a smuggler type step into the cantina, and had given her the heads up. "Looks like my ride out is here, vod. Best you get going. Don't worry about it, we'll handle it, whatever happens."
Ruus nodded and slipped his helmet on over his head, " K'oyacyi, vod'ika." With that, he stood up from his seat at the booth they were sitting at, and walked toward the cantina's exit. Saram returned her attention to the crowd, glancing around before she got a decent look at who it was that Viraen had assumed was their smuggler. Her armor's weapon scanner instantly picked out his two sidearms, company manufactured PBS-01s. If this was their smuggler, then she had to hand it to him, the man had good taste. It'd be a shame if he proved to be more trouble than he was worth, though for whatever reason, she had a good feeling about him. Over the course of her career, her gut had scarcely if ever steered her wrong, it would be a shame if this was going to be the time it did.

Dareth could not believe it. He had been on such a good run, it was a perfect chance to get the new upgrades for his ship. Maybe even start improving on the rusted bucket of bolts, Instead what happens? A bunch of Hutt-spit security cutters started to chase me through the field. And of course, my cargo has to react violently to the rough maneuvers. So instead of losing my ship, I give up the cargo. How was I supposed to know it's some valuable material you can't just pick up at any random junk yard. Now I'm in deep with that man. And if I don't pay him back, my hide won't be worth the dirt they would dig to throw it into.

Dareth groaned to himself as he looked around. He had just gotten away from the boss' men who made it very clear what would happen if he didn't start coming up with the money soon. And then, as if the Force had decided to throw him a bone, a valuable job turns up, "And beggars can't be choosers. Can they Renner?" Renner beeped at his side, "Now we're looking for...." He surveyed the cantina, carefully looking for anyone who might match the ones he was told to come meet. Renner whistled and beeped at his side, "Good spot buddy." He said, seeing where Renner had drawn his attention to.

Dareth started to move through the cantina, carefully avoiding running into anyone who might want to cause trouble, Like that Gran at the bar. He glanced wearily at the big scarred fellow, and the Whiphid at his side. He did not stay looking at them for long before he approached the table where the Mandalorian was waiting, Well at least they're not that hard to spot. He thought as he got close, "So you lot looking for some transport off-world?" He asked, casually resting his hands on his hips while Renner stopped beside him. He looked at the Mandalorian at the booth, She pull her guns, I'm dead. So best not tick her off. He was carefullly watching how the Mandalorian's hands rested.

Saram Kote Saram Kote

Last edited:

Saram Kote

y43pnZR.jpg

KOOR

Immediate Friendly Forces: Davaab Vuhyr'yalilyr squad
Abregado-Rae, Abregado-Rae Spaceport, LoBue Cantina
Saram ran an ID scan on the smuggler the moment he began his approach. Her armor's systems told her that his droid was nothing special, and so there was no reason to be more cautious than usual. The ID scan resolved the moment he'd reached the booth and asked if they were looking for transport off world. He'd probably seen Viraen at the bar and correctly surmised that they were operating together. It wasn't entirely in his credit, either, given that how similar their armor was, it was hardly a testament to his investigative skills.
What was interesting however, was that Captain Uisden had an almost flawless record. Almost. His latest mistake was going to cost him, which meant that he might end up costing her if she wasn't careful. Still, that was something she could use to her advantage if he tried pulling a fast one. It was, perhaps, unbecoming in other cultures to exhibit the level of paranoia that she was. As far as she was concerned, it was the only way to make sure you lived to middle age in this business. It was better to be prepared than to be caught unaware. Ret'lini, as her father had taught her.
"Sit," she said, nodding at the worn leather clad bench seat across from her. Regardless of whether he chose to sit or stand, Saram gave him a few moments before she told him what the job was. "Transport for nine to Reecee. No stops, no coms to anyone en route. You'll wait there for my return. Make the trip back here with eight. Half now, half on job completion. Payment's in credits. If you want it in aurodium or any other metals, you'll have to take it after the job's done. You don't want the job, walk away now. You want to ask questions, take the job first and I'll see about answering them."

When Saram indicated the bench, Dareth casually sat down across from her. Making sure to keep his hands above the table, Dareth listened to her describe the job, Not just a pick and drop apparently. And one less on the return trip. That explains why the pay is so good. Should've known this was not going to be an easy job.
"If I didn't want the job. I wouldn't have come here." Dareth said after Saram finished with the details, "Although...." He leaned back in his seat, raising his arms to rest on the top of the backrest, "Given the pay was just for a simple grab and drop, I think there needs to be a bit extra thrown in for the second part. After all, having to wait around for whatever it is you're going to do to be finished will be costing me. So it's only natural the cost has to account for that. You understand I'm sure." Time to see if lady luck is on my side today. She hasn't been so far. Maybe this is why. Saving everything up so far for this work. He thought as he watched the women's impassive visor, Wonder what she looks like behind that? An scarred thing that a Gamorrean wouldn't kiss? Or some incredible beauty that'd make a Twi'lek red with envy?

Saram Kote Saram Kote

Saram Kote

y43pnZR.jpg

KOOR
Saram didn't exactly need the array of sensors in her armor to be able to tell that Captain Uisden was trying to coax more credits out of her than he was due. Yes, the job wasn't exactly a milk run, but he sure as haran was being paid as much as it was worth. "I think given your record, I'm already taking enough of a risk in assuming you won't space us if the going get's tough, don't you agree Captain Uisden?" she asked, giving him a piercing glare from behind her buy'ce's visor. "Of course, I don't need to tell you why that's an extremely stupid idea, do I?" Between Viraen and her, it would be obvious to the smuggler that they were carrying enough weapons to put a squad of the galaxy's best shock troops to shame, and their armor's form gave away very little of its true capabilities.
"Of course, I'm sure you're used to being threatened, a man in your profession, and especially one with your reputation," she said, her tone scarcely belying if that was a veiled insult, a compliment, or both. She slowly and purposefully slipped off her helmet and placed it on the table between them before fixing him with a cold, serious glare. If looks could kill, Dareth would have likely been another tally on the list of those who tried to cross Mandalorians and found out why it was a less than intelligent decision. "Look into my eyes and tell me if I'm lying." She let her words sink in for a moment before she replaced the helmet and then added, "Do a good job, and you might get a repeat customer. Just keep in mind, we're not off to a fantastic start, Captain."

"Hey hey I was just joking about that." Dareth said quickly, holding his hands open in front of him, "You Mandalorians have no sense of humour." He smiled, trying to reassure Saram that he was only joking, "I'll happily take this job." I don't have much of a choice. Need the credits. Dareth leaned forward, "My ship is ready for you and your team at Bay D-37. We'll get you where you need to go in no time at all." He assured Saram.
Saram Kote Saram Kote

Saram Kote

y43pnZR.jpg

KOOR
"Shab, alor, overselling it a little, aren't you?" chimed in Viraen from the bar over the comms, a quick helmet to helmet message sent over laser comms. Viraen was right, Saram was perhaps overselling the no-nonsense Mando angle perhaps a little too hard. Normally, Saram was a lot less...high strung. At the same time, she was only part putting it on, which was how she'd probably taken it a tad too far. Truth was, this was her last job with Davaab. After this, Ran was going to take command of the squad and she was going to be assigned to the new initiative Strill was starting, some sort of new unit.
Truth was, while she'd agreed to the assignment, she wasn't quite ready to leave some of the closest and only friends she'd made in the last thirteen years. How did you prepare yourself for that? She'd told herself that this one last job would make her ready for it, but even with the warm Corellian whisky sloshing in her stomach, she wasn't entirely buying that one. No point in kriffing up the last job. She took a deep breath as she listened to what Captain Uisden had to say.
She stared at him through her helmet's visor and after he'd spoken, let out a momentary chuckle, "You don't scare easy, do you Captain Uisden? Good. Now that we've finished talking business, I'd hope you're not opposed to a quick drink to seal the deal?" she asked, pausing for a moment to gauge his reaction before adding, "On us, of course."

Dareth wasn’t sure if Saram was messing with him or not. He decided that she was being serious with the offer, “Well, if you’re willing to pay. Who am I to refuse such a generous offer?” Dareth said, offering a smile to Saram, “I suppose, I will get to see a Mandalorian truly drink. Don’t think I’ve ever gotten that privilege. Do you drink as hard as you fight?” He asked, clearly trying to joke around with Saram to lighten the mood after his faux-pas before.

Unless, I just made an even worse one by asking her this question. Geez, and this is just the start of this work. I have to take them to wherever they need to go. And who knows how long that is going to take. Maybe this wasn’t such a good…. No… can’t think that. Need the credits. Need them badly. Or my life won’t be worth Sith Spit.
Saram Kote Saram Kote

Last edited:

Saram Kote

y43pnZR.jpg

KOOR
"Depends, on the occasion," replied Saram with a slight inclination of her head and a hint of a smile, only turning away to signal to the waitress to come over. "Whyren's reserve, three," she said, gesturing to herself, Dareth and then Viraen over at the bar once the other woman was in earshot. The waitress nodded and smiled only the way someone who knew they'd just made a bit of money could. Whyren's wasn't cheap, after all.
"That's the thing, Captain, we're willing to pay, and pay well. I'm pretty sure you don't drink Whyren's working for the Hutts," she said, reminding him that while she understood that he had concerns about the job, his pay would be well worth his while. The waitress returned a moment later, placing the two whiskey glasses in front of her and Dareth respectively. Without missing a beat, she picked up hers and raised it, "K'oyacyi!"
Saram raised the glass to her lips and took a sip, thankful once more that this job paid so well. "The Mando'a lesson's free, by the way," she added quickly, this time a broader, more mirthful grin plastered on her features.

Saram Kote Saram Kote

Dareth raised his own glass in unison to Saram's, nodding in response to her Mando'a. Then, he took a deep sip, smacking his lips appreciatively as he let the taste sink in, "That is a fine drink. If you can afford this, I certainly won't argue that the pay will be good." He said, taking another drink from his glass. This time he let the taste linger a little longer, enjoying the fine quality of the whiskey on his tongue and down his throat,

"Never had much of a chance to learn Mando'a. Always seemed the ones who know it are less inclined to teach someone like me. Usually more interested in turning me into plasma-dust." He admitted, taking another sip in between, "But if I work with you more than this, perhaps I should start learning." He looked at his glass, "So... Ko'yac'yi?" He tried out the word, emphasizing the parts awkwardly as his tongue struggled with the unusual pronunciation, "Guess I should try harder eh?" He smirked, downing the last of his drink with a pleasant smack of his lips,

"Well then. I best get my ship ready. Don't want you thinking I let it fall to pieces or something. Renner! Let's go." He whistled for the droid, who came over quickly and the pair began to make their way towards the door,

"Uisden!" A deep, gruff voice boomed from the doorway as the crowd parted. A pair of burly Whipids who looked like they sought out trouble stood there, glaring daggers at Dareth, "Hey fellows! Long time no see!" Dareth said, pretending to be happy to see them as he tried to move away. The two Whipids quickly closed the distance and grabbed Dareth by the front of his shirt, "You cheating dirt-bag. You should have left when you had the chance." The one who held Dareth snarled, "Hey now. It was just a bad luck for you at the cards." "Oh yeah? Then how did you win the Sabaac pot every game?!" The second Whipid snarled, "Just my good fortune." Dareth said, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, "Yeah. Well our boss figured that your good fortune was his bad fortune. So now he intends to settle the scales. And he told us he never wants to see you again." The second Whipid said, stepping closer to Dareth's side,

"No worries." Dareth said, his hands outstretched as non-threatening as he could, "Let me pass and neither of you will ever see me again." The first Whipid pressed his hand harder against Dareth's chest, "Not how this is happening Uisden. The boss simply said he doesn't want to see you again. And we'll make sure that definitely happens." The first Whipid said, drawing a vibro-blade and pressing it to the side of Dareth's face.

Saram Kote

y43pnZR.jpg

KOOR

Equipment​

The grin lingered on her features for a heartbeat longer at his comment about working for the company being worthwhile. Saram had to muster no insignificant amount of will to resist the urge to laugh when Viraen responded to Dareth's remark with one of his own over their armor-to-armor comm link, "Wait till he see's some of the jobs we get on a good day."

She almost missed what he said next. This time, a genuinely amused expression formed on her features, and she did let out a short laugh. "Ah, don't take it personally, we're a contentious people." Contentious was only one way of looking at it. Contemporary Mandalorians had so many differing schools of thought depending on where it was the individual came from it was frankly a little ridiculous. She'd seen personally how destructive some of them were, and the consequences they'd imposed on the rest of them.

Saram watched him go before slipping her buy'ce back on over her head. As she stood to her feet, she left credits to pay for their drinks as well as for a reasonably generous tip. Just as she was about to raise Aran and tell him to get ready to move, her armor's Manda module alerted her to what was definitely a fight about to stat near the exit. She didn't need the armor's ID scanner to recognize their smuggler immediately.

Viraen raised her at that precise moment, "Alor, lenedat." Saram sighed, and began moving through the crowd as fast as it was possible for an armored and heavily armed Mandalorian to do so.

"Udesii," she responded back over comms. They didn't need this to turn into a shootout, not because she had any concerns about being on the losing side, but because she knew how much attention it would attract on a world like this.

Saram finally managed to get close enough, and one hand on her sidearm, she unmuted her helmet's external mic with a few practiced blink clicks. "Hey shabuire," she said, loud enough to get their attention. "I just paid him, and so I need him alive. You want him, you're going to have to go through us. So let him go, and walk away." Viraen took that cue to step past the crowd of patrons, some of whom were now gathering to watch what they were sure was going to be, and what she was hoping would be a fight.

Her body language, what little could be read from her armored form, didn't bely any of the hopefulness for a clean getaway. To those watching, she and Viraen looked very much like they were about to make sure that those two Whipid didn't live long enough to regret what they did next. Chances were, she was probably going to do just that if they didn't do exactly as she instructed, she was in no mood to deal with their brand of osik today.

Saram Kote Saram Kote

The two Whipids looked away from Dareth, the vibro-blade still up against the side of his face, the other holding him by his shirt, "This is our business Mandalorian. We get to deal with him first." "Technically our business already ended and my business with her has come to take precedence over whatever business you two are trying to start right now." Dareth started, gesturing with his hands to emphasize his points. One of the Whipids turned and glared at him, "So if you two could just let me go. I can go and take care of the business with her and then we…"

Roaring in anger, the Whipid holding Dareth by his shirt threw him over its head and into the bar. He crashed on and over the counter, shattering several bottles and spilling the contents of several patrons over themselves and others. The second Whipid advanced towards Saram, Vibro-blade in one hand, and a scatter gun he had pulled out of the holster on his side. He was raising it towards Saram, finger already around the trigger as the two barrels were clearly loaded and ready to fire as soon as the gun was up.

At the same time, the bar was erupting into a solid brawl as patrons began to fight for spilled drinks. For drinks spilled on them. To settle scores. Or simply because others were fighting. It was a scene of utter chaos as Renner skirted through the swirling maelstrom of madness to reach his partner who was still behind the bar, hidden from sight. It was entirely possible he was unconscious or worse after that throw.

Saram Kote

y43pnZR.jpg

KOOR
Equipment​

Before the Whipid's gun was even halfway up, Saram brought her LRH-5A up and had fired twice, not even having to consult her HUD's targeting suite to do so. The first was aimed for the more immediate threat of the first Whipid, the second aimed for his partner. Stowing the weapon once more, Saram audibly sighed as she made her way over to the bar itself, Viraen in tow. "They just never learn," she sighed over helmet to helmet comms.

"Be out of a job if people did, alor," responded Viraen before he had to duck under the swing of some drunken idiot whose brain was too addled on alcohol to see why fist versus buy'ce was a fight he was never going to come out on the winning side of. Catching the man's hand, Saram heard something crack, and presumed rightly that he would be a problem no more.

Saram made it to the bnar without incident that couldn't be solved with a bone shattering punch or by reminding the idiot in question just how heavily armed she was. Only once she attempted to lean over did she have to put a third round into someone attempting to rob the bar in the chaos. "Stay down, cover your ears," was all she said to Dareth as she armed and dropped one of her flash-bang grenades. Once it had detonated, she pulled Dareth from behind the bar to his feet. "Unless you've got any more surprises, your ship, now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom