Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Beauty After Midnight (The Family)

Star let a soft sigh out and gently rubbed her shoulder to ease any tension before chuckling

I've seen it in a lot of slaves, become so good at sign langauge it becomes another method of communicating right under the noses of slavers, but no you didnt sign anything wrong actually it was a more jumbled version of what I signed

She was about to explain a little bit more when Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus asked another question about who's who here making star chuckled at her statement as she sat back and rubbed her chin

I suppose you can say that, the lady I was signing to is a made like myself, it's a step or so under the Donna we are essentially her lieutenants people she trust. The sign language you saw me use is one the family has made themselves, anyone under made has a more simplified version basc words and sentences. The made get the privilege of knowing the full language which can be spoken on a single hand and one can have full conversation on a single hand, one day if you do stay maybe I'll get the honor of teaching you

Her fireball came around and she took it sipping it with a sigh as she felt that sweet hot cinnamon liquor burn down her throat

you've got you basic people in here the gangster and such, they make the bulk of the family of course, but the family is more then some crime syndicate, it's a gathering of people who wish to be unchained from the shackles governments impose....its a way to make riches on your own terms

She looked to mairéad and stared back in her eyes

I've no doubt the Donna will accept you into the family, you'll be part of my crew under my lead

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"The Core is as chaotic as it ever was, Ms. Stroud. The more things change in this galaxy..." he paused for a moment, letting his gaze linger with her own. "...the more things stay the same."

The man's response, even using her name (which she'd not offered), caused the corner of her lip to extend further into a knowing & pleasant half-smile. The subtle signal of familiarity was enough to convince her that this was, indeed, a man with connections. The Donna watched him sit, resting her hands atop the table & lacing her fingers together.

"I couldn't agree more." She said, continuing to study him. "Your travels have taken you far & wide, and your name comes highly recommended. I do apologize that our initial invitation was so..." She paused, considering her next statement carefully, "...invasive. You've been on our radar for some time, but as the saying goes - a moving target is harder to hit."

Ivory took a deep breath. "I assume, since you're here, that you found our message intriguing enough to investigate. I can't imagine a man such as yourself, once High Lord Inquisitor of the Confederacy & Viceroy of Ryloth, would want for a home..." From beneath the brim of her hat, her black eye-brows rose a few centimeters, "...Yet, you've been on the move for some time. If it's one thing I know, Mr. Van-Derveld, it is what it means to be lost. Beings with a history such as yours suddenly disappearing into the shadows are, they say, either running to something... or away from something."

Each palm opened & turned upward individually as she spoke of the two options; as-if she were offering something invisible, or intangible. The Donna's gaze did not waver, slicing through the unspoken question which hung in the air like a murky cloud of cigarra smoke.

Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Viz Harridan Viz Harridan Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Ela Exel Ela Exel

Stardust, the one who had convinced him to come here in the first place, entered with a younger woman. Both of them were wearing dresses which made them both look spectacular. Dominik recalled that the last time he had seen Star wear a dress was at her wedding, which was a long time ago now to everyone else, but only a couple of years ago to Dominik.

He continued his job, though made sure to keep out of her line of sight. Star was seemingly loyal to these people, and he wouldn't put it above her to blow his cover. Best she did not know he was here in the first place. Anytime she would even glance in his direction, he'd do something to hide his face. Stand behind someone, lean over to address a certain table, wipe something down, the like.

Star talked with the woman she was with. Dom couldn't pick up everything they were saying, the lounge was busy and the general clatter of people made it hard to eavesdrop without getting too close. But there was some body language he could decipher. Like how she took in the room. Not the trained analysis of everyone sitting within, their intentions and whether or not they were dangerous, but the deep breath, the wide eyes, the slow turn of the head, the swallow. It was the look of someone almost overwhelmed, looking at the general public instead of anyone in particular. Then Star used some sort of sign language that he didn't understand, and... was the woman mimicking it? Practicing? And in a place like this, she straight up pointed at someone, Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora . That told him a lot.

This woman was not yet used to everything. She came in with Star, both dressed nicely, and the woman was inquiring of the establishment. Star was going to bring her into The Family, like she had wanted to do with Dominik. If Star was bringing her in, that meant that she was a promising fighter, force user, or both. Untrained maybe in how the criminal underworld handled things, like asking someone about another someone in a room, but that wouldn't take long to learn.

The head bartender, Samuel, lead the one covered in leather up the stairs to the private balcony area. None of the booths that overlooked the main floor was occupied as far as he could see, and after a moment Samuel returned alone. So this Donna, whoever she was, was upstairs it seemed. When being told of the establishment, the upper level was for VIP guests, and no employee was to go up unless sent or called for. He couldn't fake an excuse to go up there without getting caught.

The man who seemed to stroll out of Tatooine still sat at the bar. Perhaps The Donna took interviews one at a time.

There was also a woman and her droid at one table, dice being stacked until the small droid snatched them. She looked like she worked a laborious job, wide shoulders, curly red hair that didn't look like it had been done up in a long while, just shoved under a cap. It had been a long time since he'd played dice with someone, but sitting down with her was not an option. Someone like her at this place, now, was probably with The Family. Though if she were a mechanic of some sorts, the fact that the Family was fine with its members lounging here without real business spoke to some amount of friendliness within the organization. No tyrannical leader here who got off on securing and hoarding their wealth and power like other mobsters he'd seen. When business was to be done they tended to like the place empty aside from guards. She didn't look like a guard, she looked bored.

This was turning out to be quite interesting, a lot of info being gathered from just how people sat and talked.

| Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Viz Harridan Viz Harridan | Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel | Ela Exel Ela Exel | Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld | Ghoul Azri Ghoul Azri |

Last edited:

[Ket's Soundscape, Pt. 3: Guilt & Regret]

As Ivory began to speak to him, he noted the respectful tone. She spoke of him, though, as if he were a specimen of sorts. As if he were a type of long term investment, and this was the final test to see if it was going to pay off. He had to hold back a chuckle, as this was as amusing to him as it was intriguing. It simply could not be helped. She spoke of his past, as he knew she would. Of his travels with the Confederacy once upon a time and the lofty titles they heaped upon him. The truth of it was so much more simple, but that truth would come to Ivory in time. The moment, however, found Ket's face soften, if just a bit. Images flooded the Lupine's mind, of hearth and home, of blood and guts. Of intrigue and pure chaos, interlaced with universal truths and unholy lies. The truth... the truth was a layered thing, and as complex as the very nature of life itself.

"...Yet, you've been on the move for some time. If it's one thing I know, Mr. Van-Derveld, it is what it means to be lost. Beings with a history such as yours suddenly disappearing into the shadows are, they say, either running to something... or away from something."

Small wrinkles, almost too faint to see, worked their way from the corners of his eyes. Bright sapphire blue eyes began to grey and darken. His very skin seemed to take a more shadowed tone in it's appearance. If she were as perceptive as she seemed to be, she'd know she struck a chord with the Lupine when she spoke of disappearing into the aether. He lifted his arms up, and rested his elbows upon the table they shared, his weathered hands clasping together. Index fingers remained extended, calloused fingertips resting upon one another, as his eyes closed slowly. His head fell just so, as he took a deep breath, and let out a shallow sigh. It was painfully obvious that his thoughts lingered on that which caused him great and unbridled sadness. Broken promises he would never fulfill haunted his nightmares, and fueled his anger. His was a rage not easily tamed, that was as sure as the sun rising in the morning.

Force knew he tried, desperately, to maintain control. But sometimes the weight of the past made him feel like Atlas, the entirety of planets upon his shoulders. His breathing began to become rhythmic, purposeful. The very air around them seemed to reverberate with a kind of hum, almost inaudible. It was then that a few of the lights within the exquisite brass and crystal chandelier popped and the light around them dimmed. Ivory, as it were, remained within the warm light, whilst Ket seemed to be blanketed in a darkness. Yet, it was not cruel, nor cold, nor negative. It was simply there. It was as if his very essence became something tangible, something Ivory could almost reach out and hold should she choose. In these few moments, his eyelids rose, if slowly, and sapphire orbs seemed to shine unnaturally, a by-product of his Lupine blood. He looked to her as she held her palms open, and spoke quietly. There was no animosity in his voice; in fact, still an air of respect, and even a bit of regret.

"Want for a home? I've never had one, my dear. I'm a simple vagabond searching for answers. I've worn many hats... Viceroy, High Lord Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Dark Lord of the Sith, Husband & Father, Public Enemy Number One..." he trailed off, and his head finally rose up, his eyes never leaving Ivory's own. "...yet, I've nothing to show for any of my efforts. I've lost all that I ever held dear, and I wander the cold of space, with nary a clue as to my future. I am a man without meaning, Ms. Stroud. Beings like me don't disappear into the shadows..."

He then broke his gaze, and looked toward his hands, the pain within showing upon his face to those who had the ability to see.

"...beings like me simply return to the void from whence they came."

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

kYrlo6N.jpg

~ I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair. Full of broken thoughts I cannot repair. Beneath the stains of time, the feelings disappear. You are someone else... I am still right here. ~

Last edited:

He didn’t know what he was expecting to see. Perhaps a hutt, digging into some food or beverage in a show of gluttony - or perhaps something more elegant, fitting right in with the newfound environment he found himself in. The woman that was Ivory, seemed to be the latter. His gaze flickered down for the briefest of moments, and did indeed recognize the Kyber Crystal - knew it all too well, really, and all were long-gone on the Black Market somewhere by now. It was odd she was flaunting it, and to say the least. It was certainly a way to make a statement about her character to him, if that was the intention. “Thank you, Samuel.” She coolly said in response, and while his face showed no reaction to it - and he supposed it made sense for one to keep updated on people in their employ - he was mildly surprised. Most people didn’t bother to learn names, back home. “If you would, please let Phaelix know I'd like my usual.” He would give a simple nod, and a “Very well, Miss.” in response - didn’t know what that could’ve been, nor did he even know her name. Could guess it was perhaps something along the lines of Marcella’s taste, with a little more sweetness compared to the usual bitterness the rough folk on Tatooine preferred. Might’ve started seeing a pattern here, in the Star Lounge, for he noticed a lot of the ‘high-class’ folk liked the former. He wasn't sure which of the two crowds he preferred - at least back home, it was predictable. Here? He's not so sure.

As he turned, and moved away from the private conversation, he strained to hear the inklings of the beginning of the conversation as he descended back to the first floor. Moments like these are when he missed his armor and all of its features. As he descended the stairs at a normal pace - didn’t want to make it seem like he was listening in, of course - he could only hear the beginning of “Ms. Str...” before it was drowned out by the crowd. Karabast. He probably wouldn’t pry further unless he wanted to attract trouble. Glancing around the floor to see if any additional characters had made their way inside, it was still quite packed as he made his way back to the bar.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
The Donna steadily watched as her words seemed to have an effect on her visitor. Immediately, she sensed (through her own powerfully defined analysis through The Force) a dark cloud of sadness, deep pain, and ancient memory descend upon their meeting. The light centered above their booth, which cast a soft & welcoming glow upon the table, flickered & dimmed - heralding the sudden change. She continued to watch him, undisturbed by the sudden shift - even as she was left in a patch of light & Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld was cloaked in shadow.

Deep violet met unnaturally sapphire blue, and held the look intensely - unwavering, strong, and self-confident.
"Want for a home? I've never had one, my dear. I'm a simple vagabond searching for answers. I've worn many hats... Viceroy, High Lord Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Dark Lord of the Sith, Husband & Father, Public Enemy Number One..." he trailed off, and his head finally rose up, his eyes never leaving Ivory's own. "...yet, I've nothing to show for any of my efforts. I've lost all that I ever held dear, and I wander the cold of space, with nary a clue as to my future. I am a man without meaning, Ms. Stroud. Beings like me don't disappear into the shadows..."

He then broke his gaze, and looked toward his hands, the pain within showing upon his face to those who had the ability to see.

"...beings like me simply return to the void from whence they came."

She was silent for a moment, then proceeded to nod - signalling an understanding. "Well, then, Mr. Van-Derveld... I believe we can help one-another." She took a deep breath, shrugging off the sudden heavy atmosphere - seemingly ignoring it - as she reached for the datapad she'd been browsing upon his arrival. She slid it toward him. "I have an opportunity for you."

If he picked up the datapad, he would see a dossier displayed thereupon: a well-assembled intelligence briefing, detailing a specific gang known as "The Zero Gang"; Location: The Denon System. In it was listed their strengths, weaknesses, a number of assets & locations on the planet Denon, and recent movements of specific power-players within the group. All of the information was up-to-date & detailed. She continued, "What I'm about to tell you, I would consider classified - but if you choose to accept, I can promise more opportunities in the future."

If he signaled interest, she would go on.

Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Ghoul Azri Ghoul Azri Ela Exel Ela Exel Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Viz Harridan Viz Harridan Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Samuel Exel Samuel Exel

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A

'Sunny Afternoon - Haley Reinhart'​

She watched as Star and Mai moved on further into the establishment, eyeing Mai as she pointed at her~ curious as to what she was saying. The rest of the bar was business as usual, the individual she had guessed was Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld had gone upstairs to meet The Donna, and the gunslinger still remained at the bar, although she did notice Ela Exel Ela Exel indicating her way.

After a few more moments, she snapped back to Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , " '
best place for it really," she spoke, taking a puff of her cigarra, "this is our home 'turf, after all" paused Marcy', eyes returning to scouring the lounge~ "enjoying it the same as usual, always 'appy to see Neesa around," she pointed towards the singer on stage with her cigarra before taking a puff.

"
Say, what do you make of 'im?" she quizzed Jay, pointing towards Ghoul Azri Ghoul Azri , curious as to what he thinks about the gunslinger at the bar.

Equipment:
Velmorite bladed lightsabers
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna
Untitled106-20220530212058.png

Mairéad replied in a private voice. "Made women, leuitenants, secret sign languages, I don't mean to alarm you Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae but i think your friends might be in the mob" she smiled and her eyes showed the spark of a smile as she put her drink back to her lips. Her ruby red lipstick left a small mark on the glass as she sipped her drink and continued to scan the room.

"I'm glad you have faith in me, its all been quite a lot, the physio, the House and now the Family, just hope I can repay you, and not make people wonder why you brought me along." she did wonder whether this was the right world for her, she had several useful skills surely, and had proven herself against the hutts to be an efficient and persistent assassin, but was that what they wanted. She drew her finger gently around the rim of her glass and watched as ice crystals formed and melted in a trail that seemed to follow her finger as she moved it. It was a minor trick that required none of the despair she could summon, and something Star had suggested she practice as a control exercise.

"so where do i fit in here? You said as a member of your crew, what sort of stuff, you know what I am capable of, but you are also one of the only people who knows my... issues... Will this Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud slide an order under the door, you pick us up and a job gets done?" she exhaled deeply "sorry, i'm just nervous, i'll try not to ask too many more questions and let the night just happened. I am excited to meet your associates." she ended with a sly grin.

Jay looked over at the singer, smirking a bit as he listened. He'd sip his drink.... Finally someone who act made something strong to him. Marcella soon pointed the woman out, calling her Nessa as she explained her own reason for being here. He would look around at the others too. Someone going for a meeting apparently, and the two bartenders were keeping eyes on things. Made him feel a bit more comfortable honestly.

Then Marrcella pointed out an unfamiliar face in the crowd, asking what he thought of the person. Hey eyed Ghoul calmly, not making much of a move so he wouldn't be obvious. He took another sip of his drink before starting to speak up.

"Not the easiest to read. Seems rougher, like this isn't his usual kind of place... which I can relate too some, but he's confident enough so maybe not completely out of the ordinary for him. Maybe an Outer Rim bounty hunter or marshal type use to the less fancy parts of the galaxy.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Ghoul Azri Ghoul Azri Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Viz Harridan Viz Harridan Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Ela Exel Ela Exel

The Lupine may have looked lost in his own thoughts, his gaze looking as if he were trying to stare a hold through space & time. Ket had spent too much time alone upon Figaro Favoura VI, communing with the Force as a whole. Most of his interactions these past couple of months had been born of his own basic instincts. It was hard to differentiate from the visions granted him by the Force and of the reality in which he now found himself at times. Given time, he would acclimate thus. The words tumbled out of Ivory's mouth, speaking of opportunities. His face contorted, his features giving the impression of curiosity.

"
Tell me, Ms. Stroud... what kind of 'opportunities' do you think you can offer someone such as myself, hmm?" he said with a tinge of sarcasm, a touch of malice, and just a hint of entitlement. The man was nothing if not egotistical when it came to such proposals. Couldn't be helped, after having gone through the life he's lived, one did not survive by being unsure of their talents and abilities. Taking the datapad she offered up, he perused it rather quickly, giving it a glance. Details only mattered once he set his mind to do a thing. Denon. He knew of the planet. A sort of back-alley system that specialized in Slicers, Netrunners, Body Augmentation, and all manner of shadowy deal. It was not unlike most disreputable systems in the galaxy. He'd considered it a homeless man's Coruscant.

"The Zero Gang? Sounds like a sunday morning children's holoshow."

He set the datapad down, and reached into the inner pocket of his coat. He produced a small, silver tin, with the wolves' head crest of House Van-Derveld upon it. He took a cigarra from it's grasp, and rested it between his lips as he returned the tin to it's home. It would seemingly snap to life all it's own, the cigarra. Never did carry a lighter, but that was of no concern as the tip of the cigarra suddenly gave off a reddish-orange glow, and smoke whisped around his head.

"
The real question is this; What's in this for me, should I accept your offer?"

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory watched, her face an impassive mask, as Ket curiously brought a cigarette to his lips. As his cigarra flared to life mysteriously without any flame, her small, knowing smirk returned.
"The real question is this; What's in this for me, should I accept your offer?"

The Donna placed one hand over the other, leaning back on the tall bench-seat. She considered Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld 's question carefully, her head tilted to one side... until finally, she answered:

"If you know my name, no doubt you've also heard some things about the group I represent. Contrary to what you might have heard, my Family is not a loose organization of rebels without a cause. We are not just another group of greedy ner'do-wells, loosely tied and bound. I have need of men & women with particular skills... Leaders, those with connections to the Galaxy at large. Those who've proven themselves." She nodded once in his direction, the brim of her hat dipping slightly in acknowledgement.

"What I can offer you, Mr. Van-Derveld, is what I believe you've been seeking: A Purpose. A sense of belonging. Support in a Galaxy designed to eat away at your soul." She smiled at him knowingly, reaching up to grasp the top of her wide-brimmed fedora... lifting it from her head & revealing her face to him completely for the first time. Her full, ruby lips parted as she softly sighed - closing her eyes for a moment before opening them again as she set her hat down on the table beside her.

When she looked at him next, she seemed... different, somehow. As if she'd removed part of the mask she'd so masterfully crafted. Now, as she stared at him, he could see that she was not some delicate flower. The numerous tattoos which had been barely visible across her chest & neck were now bare, indicating she was no stranger to physical pain. One side of her skull had been shaved, and tight whorls of ink had been tattooed above her ear. Some of the tattoos visible on her chest & arms appeared to have been laid by a rough hand - undoubtedly markings given not by a professional artist but with poorly-constructed tools. Though she seemed, at first glance, to be a woman of refined & elegant taste, he could now see with his trained eye that she bore the scars of a life hard lived...

With the removal of her head covering, he could easily recognize the methodical, reserved movements of a Predator not unlike himself. When their eyes again met, there burned a ferocious intelligence behind her delicately-shadowed visage.

"To be honest, Mr. Van-Derveld, I think you belong here... and if you give us a chance, I'll prove it to you."

Her deep, penetrating violet eyes stared into his own - seeking to hypnotically to capture his attention & hold it. She was not just "The Donna", Boss of a Criminal Empire. Ivory Stroud was a Hunter. A Killer. A Leader. The amount of strength, self-confidence, and personal power she exuded seemed to fill the small space they occupied and cut them off from the rest of the Galaxy. In this place, only the two of them existed.

[Ket's Soundscape: Monsters among Men]

...Support in a Galaxy designed to eat away at your soul...

To the Lupine, that was enough to make him laugh, just a bit, shaking his head just so as he let out a few short breaths. He wasn't even sure he had a soul left, let alone whether or not he belonged anywhere. He was an anomaly in this galaxy. The last of a dying breed, the single Lupine left in this gods-forsaken galaxy to his knowledge. Perhaps that was a good thing, truth be told. Wherever the name Van-Derveld had been uttered, only chaos, unrest, mayhem, and death followed. His was not a reputation that garnered any sympathy, and perhaps still he had bounties upon his head. Wouldn't surprise him in the least. Still, this woman before him, this 'Donna', she had a knack for for hitting just the right buttons, plucking all the right strings to compose such insidious music. He had to respect that.

As he looked to her, it seemed as if there were aspect of her visage that had... changed. As she took her fedora off and set it upon the table in front of them, her entire demeanor seemed to change. It was as if she was taking off a coat after coming in from the rain. She was setting aside that which she presented to the world at large, and showing him something real, something honest. Even he was not cynical enough to under-appreciate the gesture. Yet, he could still sense something was off. The Force, it once again whispered to him, those sweet nothings that could move mountains, those little kisses that could drive men and women alike absolutely mad. It spoke to him, in it's all-too familiar way. He canted his head to the side but a few centimeters, and his icy blue eyes looked to her. She was still a void within the tendrils of the Force, but this was something not quite whole. There were ripples around her, something not quite a feeling, but definitely something that hinted at deeply held secrets that perhaps no one knew.

She was trying to show him who she was, without showing him anything that was truly her. Outwardly, she looked more like whom he would have expected in such a position. But inwardly? He had his doubts. He wouldn't go so far as to think of her as someone playing gangster, no, that wouldn't be fair, nor true. But there was something about the way she held herself. The way her eyes twinkled, in the very way she breathed. Something that spoke to him. She may have lived a hard life, but she had no idea what evil truly was. She was a killer, but she was no murderer. He'd bet all the Spice on Nar Shaddaa on that without so much as a thought. Still, this was all conjecture within his mind. He'd keep close watch on her. There was something there, inside her, that wanted to get out. He'd stake his very life on that fact, whether he'd ever have a shred of proof or not of it. Perhaps it was the Darkness within him, always looking for those he could mold into someone like himself.

After taking another drag of his cigarra, he put it down in the finely-cut crystal ashtray in the middle of the table, the smoke wisping off in multiple directions. He leaned forward, both hands flat upon the table's elegant wooden surface. His own eyes began to darken, and he spoke to her in low, even tones once more. "
You think I belong here, hmm? I've done my due diligence, Ms. Stroud. I've heard of your associates, and while capable they may be, you need something more. You have executives, lawyers, dealers, assassins and hitmen, huscle, and strong-arm goons willing to kill. But there's one thing I know you don't have, and that's why you sought me out..."

It was then that the air around them grew colder, and the noise of the lounge began to fade away into an almost whisper as he leaned in. His eyes were almost that of pure obsidian at this point, and his voice took on the sound of someone who'd seen things not meant for mortal eyes. This was where titans met, and power begat power.

"You need someone who can do the things no one else is willing to do. You need someone who doesn't have a soul. You, my dear Miss Ivory Stroud, need a Monster. And I would be happy to oblige."

sdVKqUQ.png

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra
Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Viz Harridan Viz Harridan | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel | Ela Exel Ela Exel

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Still & silent, The Donna listened carefully as Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld described the state of her Organization - meeting his eyes, even as they shifted from azure blue to the blackest obsidian. They were only a few feet apart, and unflinchingly, she listened to the gruff, grizzled old hound as he made his case...

"You need someone who can do the things no one else is willing to do. You need someone who doesn't have a soul. You, my dear Miss Ivory Stroud, need a Monster. And I would be happy to oblige."

The air had grown cold, and as he spoke, there was a growl low in his throat; drawn from his core, signalling the presence of untold power. She concealed it well, but could not deny a shiver which crawled up her spine. Her perfectly chiseled black eyebrows rose a centimeter, impressed by the simple statement of being he'd made...

She had to give him credit. He knew just what he was, and had convinced her.

After a moment's pause, without saying a word, she reached out and accepted the datapad back from where he'd laid it down. With a single manicured finger, she drug it slowly into her grasp; then picked it up, and deposited it below the table.

Then, she reached for her hat and began to slide out from the booth.

A toothy smile crossed her lips as she looked at him before returning the wide-brimmed hat atop her head. "Come along, Ket. Let's introduce you to the family."

Then, she would stand to her full height & wait for him to join her before leading the way out of the private seating area and downstairs.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
The Donna descended the stairs, lightly running her finger down the polished brass hand-rail until she reached the bottom - booted feet settling silently upon the carpet. The music grew in volume as they reached the first floor, and she & Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld would find the party proceeding. The Donna walked from the stairs into the main room, passing the bar - meeting Phaelix' eye as the Zeltron bartender joined her at the corner. The two exchanged whispered words before the man passed her drink to her; which she accepted, raising it in salute.

Then, she turned toward her companion - the tall, handsome, black-clothed man who'd followed her. "Ket, this is Phaelix. You can speak to him if you require anything - he'll get you fixed up." The Zeltron was, in-fact, The Family's "Fixer".

The Zeltron smiled in Ket's direction, giving a friendly nod as he grabbed a rag & began cleaning off the bar-top. Beyond, a little further down the bar, Ela Exel Ela Exel & Samuel Exel Samuel Exel were hard at work.

Ivory brought the rim of her glass to her lips & took a sip; daintily, she licked her lips. "Perfect, as always, Phaelix." She said, flashing a smile in his direction.

"Ma'am." He responded.

Ivory took a moment to survey the room, marking faces... Recognizing that to one side, Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora and Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred were seated in Marcella's favorite booth. Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae & a stranger ( Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus ) seemed engaged in conversation to one side - Ivory noted the exchange. To one side, Viz Harridan Viz Harridan & her little monkey lizard appeared to be engaged in a game of dice, and this immediately drew The Donna's eye.

She'd check in with Marcella shortly... but first, Ivory was curious to see what schemes the lovely Miss Harridan had cooked up.

With a nod of her head, Ivory indicated for Ket to follow her as she wound her way through the small crowd toward Viz.

As she sauntered up, Ivory spoke: "Well, hello Miss Harridan. Engaging in a game of chance, I see?"

5g08bt2.png

VIZ HARRIDAN
Current Personality:
Herself
RQ6GEJH.png

As she sauntered up, Ivory spoke: "Well, hello Miss Harridan. Engaging in a game of chance, I see?"
Viz did very little to hide her glee as the Donna herself stepped up. She nodded to the absolute looker who'd joined them as well, wondering what his deal was. The opportunity at hand called her back from checking the new guy out, and she stacked up a two hundred credit chit on the table.

She rolled a five... not spectacular but she'd move on to the next. She placed another hundy on the stack and ante'd up.

"Well, Donna?" She said wryly. "Place your bet."
Turn Summary:
Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud I rolled a 5 so I have to roll again. I need to roll a 5 or a 7 to win. If I don't the pot is yours and its your turn to roll.

INSTRUCTIONS: PLAY CARRIMON CRAPS WITH VIZ

How to Play:
1. Step up to the table and engage Viz.
2. Ante Up (Real or Fake Credits, Objects of Value) Place a Bet on Your Own Roll (If more players are active, they can bet on the shooter) .
3. At the end of your post, roll 2 D6

Rules
"It's Just Street Craps"

1. ANTE
2. The "Come Out" is the First Roll
3. Roll a 7 or 11 on the Come Out = Pass YOU WIN, TAKE MONEY AND PLAY AGAIN
4. Roll a 2, 3 or 12 on The "Come Out" = Crap Out YOU LOSE! PLAY AGAIN?
5. Ante Up (Raise or Stay)

6. Roll a 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 on the "Come Out" = The Point.
SNITCH SPECIAL: Roll a 4 and Play Against Snitch the Monkey Lizard
7. If you roll "The Point" = YOU WIN TAKE MONEY!

chZZ7Av.gif

Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Ghoul Azri Ghoul Azri Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Ela Exel Ela Exel Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

Last edited:
Everyone continued to talk. The Donna ( Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud ) and the leather-clad man who followed her up to the private area( Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld ) came down the stairs. Then The Donna did something Dominik did not expect. She walked over, greeted the bored woman playing cards on her own, and began playing with her. It was obvious that the girl was happy to see The Donna join in. That meant something. That meant a lot. He didn't detect the same sort of glee from the woman when she looked at the rough man who followed The Donna over. A stranger. So she was comfortable with The Donna, happy to have her around even.

He sighed as he cleaned a table. Was he really going to throw his lot in with these criminals? Star was with them and had invited him, but he had supposed it was simply because she knew of his skills and that he could be useful. She had been a good friend but... it had been ten years. Someone could turn bad in that time. But these didn't seem like scumbags. It seemed like a loose collection of people who had eachother's backs. A Family.

What else was he going to do? If things looked sideways he could always disappear again. Ghosting off a world was something he had done before. Why not? It wasn't like he had anyone else asking him to join their group. Just a couple of weeks ago he almost drank himself to death, intentionally. Only that padawan and the Mandalorian stepped in and helped him out. What really snapped him out of it all was a job. A task. A mission. So unless another person came by with a better offer, was he going to just end up with another bottle in his hand, oblivious to where he was until his brain stopped firing?

He completed cleaning up his table, delivered everything to the kitchen, swiped a few glasses of wine on a tray and strode over to the table with the Donna. He sat the tray down without announcement, took his bowtie off while unbuttoning the top button of his shirt, and sat down on the end of the booth. He didn't try to hide his approach from Star this time, letting himself be seen if she happened to look his way and recognize him. "Deal me in." He said, with no explanation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom