Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Assembly Convenes: Kay Arenais' Consideration

"It would probably work to your favor if they remained here, but the choice is ultimately yours Kay" Veiere replied to the question of her personal Guard. Veiere didn't exactly like the idea of the Guard following her on into the Assembly Chambers, though it was a decision that Kay would have to come to make of her own doing. In these times, appearances spoke loudly and given her past experience, Veiere figured that his Wife would realize this. Perhaps that's why she'd questioned it to begin with.

"Grife...-Back on Commenor, I thought we'd had it bad..." Veiere exclaimed with an edge of sarcasm before taking another sip from his glass, "Do you remember the times we'd talk about your resignation? Imagining us giving up the life for a quiet family home, simple pleasures and simple problems...." Veiere smiled a little, though it didn't appear the pleasant smile you'd give in a moment of pleasure; rather he was quite disappointed for the life that had become them.

"Back then, I'd have never thought it possible for someone like myself to be a member of the Silver Assembly..." Veiere added in self-reflection, "Truth be told, I never thought they'd believe me to be worthy of the position". The past Conclaves that Veiere had brought together in the hope of strengthening the presence of the Jedi in the Galaxy hadn't always been looked upon with the enthusiasm that Veiere had hoped to instill in other organizations, across the numerous Jedi archetypes in the Galaxy.

"I've always tried to do right by the Galaxy, by the Jedi and by our family" he continued, his gaze falling back upon [member="Kay Arenais"], "But of all the surprises of my time, the two of us standing upon opposite sides of a battlefield...-Was the last thing I'd expected".

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay nodded. It probably wpuld be better if she went alone. Even though her guards would just be part of an escape plan if need be, [member="Veiere Arenais"] seemed to imply that she wouldn't need one. And although her guards would be reluctant to let her go alone, they would follow her orders.

Kay sipped her tea as he spoke of Commenor and their old plans. Truth was, they both did semi-regire once the twins were born. But that led to Veiere losing his way and becoming the Devil of Deneba. She didn't want to risk that happening again.

He held the Silver Assembly in such high regard, as though they were the best in all the Galaxy. Kay cpuldn't share that sentiment. At least not yet. They allied themselves with evil and just couldn't see it. The old Republic had the same problem and that allowed Palpatine to take over. And even in recent history, this same evil destroyed the newest Republic. Hopefully one day that'd change and the Jedi would truly go against ALL evil, allied or not.

"I've always tried to do right too, Veiere. And we're not on a battlefield. Nor do I plan to be. If I am than it would mean that the battle came to me and not the other way around." Kay glanced to the hour. They should be at Kashyyyk soon. "We've been on opposite sides before. Perhaps this third time will be the last." Politics would always be in the way, it seemed. And neither could escape that.

[member="Kay Arenais"]

It was fortunate that Kay hadn't spoken up on her thoughts regarding the Confederacy, as Veiere knew the truth of the alliance they held. The Silver Jedi knew all too well the temperament of the Independent Systems, but he also understood that their alliance with the Silver Order kept them in check, the influence of the Silver Jedi proving some semblance of restraint and discipline to the Confederacy who would otherwise be free to cast aside any thoughts of peace and civility; Without the Silver Jedi, there would be none to help them steer clear from the influence of their darker natures.

"Azure wasn't your fault" Veiere nodded, acknowledging Kay's remark in terms of the battle finding her. The Mandalorian's were being pursued by the Imperials now, though Veiere had no intention of joining their cause; "Regardless of who it is however, everyone must be accountable for their actions. Hopefully the Mandalorian's will see the error of their ways and think twice next time they wish to assault world's unsuspecting and undeserving of their aggression".

"Forgive the interruption, Captain. We will have arrived upon our destination in a few minutes; best we begin preparations for those in transit to Kashyyyk" Vikras Ansion's voice come in over the intercom speakers surrounding the living room of Veiere's quarters, a means of always remaining up to date with the going-on's of the Judiciary.

Turning to look back to his wife, Veiere was surprised just how quickly the time had passed them by. Evidently he'd been too distracted in their time spent together to realize, let alone actually go about sharing a meal together. "So much for my hospitality" Veiere remarked, a slight chuckle escaping him as he sought to mask his embarrassment in humor.

"I suppose it's time I introduce you to my peers in the Assembly, then".

Kay-Larr

Azure wasn't her fault? Of course it wasn't. Neither was any of the other battles that she had found herself in. But that was just the way things were for many people, not just herself.

"I hope they do too." Kay remarked in response to [member="Veiere Arenais"] ' comments on the actions of some of the Mandalorians. Not all were eager to jump into battle or to start one. Not all Mandalorians were vigilantes. The same could be said for other governments too though.

The announcement from Vikras caused her to look up to wherever the voice was coming from. It was a silly thing to do, but it was always a habit to look to the person speaking to her.

Kay finished her tea and got to her feet, offering Veiere a small nod as she held out the cup for him. "It's okay. Maybe there'll be some other time for it." Though she could hardly guess when they'd share a meal together next.

Her thoughts drifted to the Assembly. Would she know anyone there? Kay really hoped that she wouldn't. It'd probably be easier that way.

"Lead the way."

JhwQx7O.jpg
Silver Jedi Temple of Kashyyyk.
Starring: The Silver Assembly!
[member="John Locke"] | [member="Aida Aquila"] | [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Er6tw3E.png
Their descent down unto the surface of Kashyyyk was provided by the small crew of Veiere's Upsilon-Class Command Shuttle, to where they would arrive upon one of the numerous exterior landing zone's used for those visiting the heart of the Order of the Silver Jedi. [member="Kay Arenais"] had voluntarily left the Judiciary in the absence of her personal guard, and walking alongside Veiere towards the Silver Rest, the Jedi Master had assured her that he would be by her side for the duration of the ordeal.

This was possibly the first time that his Wife was seeing the inside of the Silver Rest, the Temple and Home of the Silver Jedi was a place of tranquility and peace, the Force powerful and yet ever so peaceful, bringing a feeling of warmth to those sensitive to it. Passing them by were the countless students of the Order, Knights and even Masters, all of whom went about their own business for the day. Those few that looked in Kay's direction offered a smile, seemingly oblivious to her purpose there today and otherwise just offering a welcome greeting to the woman who seemed a little out of place in herself.

"Once upon a time, I had been hopeful that you would join Caedyn, Lori and I here..." Veiere spoke as they headed for the Assembly Chambers; "You'd be surprised by the amount of time I spend residing over matters of political and government accord...-The amount of worlds under the protection of the Order, all with their own needs and requirements, looking to us to provide" Veiere smiled faintly, a brief distraction from the real issues of today.

Upon reaching the hall leading into the Assembly Chambers, Veiere slowed to a halt and gestured for Kay to join him, walking no further. Those upon the other side of the entrance were, like himself, the head of the Silver Jedi Order. When it was time, he and Kay would be led into the room of counsel, greeted by one of the Assembly and instructed to continue.

"It won't be long now before you meet with the leaders of the Silver Jedi" Veiere cautioned his wife, "Don't try to hide or deceive them of anything, they're among our greatest practitioners and will likely see through you...-If you've got anything you've yet to reveal, it'd be best that you're open when speaking with them. Your best hope during this meeting is complete and transparent honesty".

Kay-Larr

Kay wasn't entirely 100% behind her own decision to leave her guards behind, but it was the better choice. Her guards weren't fond of the idea either.

This was her first time here in the Jedi stronghold and although it was quite pretty and peaceful, she didn't feel the same way within herself. Kay craved her tea, as always, yet there was none to be had at the moment. She kept her hands together in front of her while she walked next to [member="Veiere Arenais"] , doing her best not to fidget with her fingernails. She gave small nods to those that looked at her, hoping that she wouldn't come across those that she knew.

The words of her husband's dream of their future caught her attention. It didn't surprise her that he'd be leading, no matter how much he had told her in the past that he hated doing so. "But Veiere...you hate politics..." Wasn't that which caused their family much turmoil? Wasn't that why she was here?

As they stopped before Chambers, Kay listened to his warning. And of course she didn't like it. "Veiere...I'm not revealling any secrets that aren't mine to tell. Everything else, that's fair game." Depending on what she'd be asked of course. This was a trial of sorts, and she was on her own.

[member="Gir Quee"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="John Locke"]

This was perhaps one of the most unusual times John had ever been called to the Silver Assembly Chambers for a meeting. The Assembly was generally more of an administrative tool, a place where plans could be hatched and paths of training and development could be laid out. Today though, today was different. They'd been called up to talk to Lady Kay Arenais, a politician who had seen herself ascend to the heights of the galaxy, only to fall to the depths.

The cyborg closed his eyes for a moment, a soft sigh slipping from his lips as he let metal fingers tap a soft pattern on his armrest, a slow lazy beat of no particular song as he waited. Coming here at this time, he knew it couldn't have been an easy decision, an easy walk. The man's eyes glowed silver for a moment as he accessed the cameras of hte hangar, watching the two leave their ship, begin the walk to the chambers.

All they could do was try to offer the woman an open-mind and see what it was she had to say. That was all that could be asked.

Aida had yet to take her seat.

Instead, the woman had taken to admiring a miniature Wroshyr tree that adorned the Assembly Chambers. Her lithe fingertips gently touched the leaves, quite a lot of work had gone into the pruning of this little tree – too much and the tree could suffer, too little and the shape would be all wrong.

It was, much like the Assembly itself, a delicate balance.

She closed her eyes, sensing the ambient tranquility of the temple chambers, mixed with a few thin strands of tension. Yes, it was to be expected in such circumstances. It was altogether unusual for the Assembly. Aida cast an amiable glance over her shoulder, looking to [member="John Locke"] as the cyborg man sat in pensive silence.

There were presences approaching the chamber now, too.

Soon the Assembly meeting would commence. With a sweeping step, Aida strode to take a seat next to Mr. Locke, her silver cloak trailing behind. As she lowered herself down, she offered John a simple cant of her head in greeting and a serene smile. But, as Aida glanced towards the door – she thought back to her visit to Commenor, where she had first met Master Arenais.

Back then, she'd been impressed by the man's steady nature, his resolve in such a difficult time. It was very clear to her that he only wished the best for his family. She had never met [member="Kay Arenais"], her only experience with the former Queen had been the broadcast she had made, announcing the grave way she'd climbed to power. But, things had likely changed – for better or worse, they'd have to wait and see.

It had been a busy few months, Yuroic was the father to a young two year old and soon to be stepfather of Marcus as well. Jairdain and him were very much in love and with the faction that a no tolerance stance with the United Clans, there was much to be done around the Temple as there was on the front lines. Unfortunately, Yuroic wasn't on the front lines as he usually was because he wanted to spend more time with his new daughter, Jairdain and Marcus. It had been tough to watch them go and even tougher when he had heard what happened to Asaraa, since he should have been there to protect her. It had been hard not to confront Asaraa or Caedyn about how she ended up in the condition she was though. Yuroic adjusted his robes as he hurried down the corridor. He had to change his robes after the toddler decided to throw some food on his other ones.

Being late was common for Yuroic, no matter how much he hated being late to events. Running down the hall, he entered the room and looked around, slightly out of breath. "Sorry, toddler threw some wet food on my other robes, we are having a debate on vegetables and whether or not they are icky." Yuroic explained as he stepped past Veiere and Kay, standing near Aida and John. "Did I miss anything?" Yuroic asked as he smiled to everyone politely.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Kay Arenais"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"]

There was a reason why Jessica wasn't present on Azure: because she would be made to feel that the Mandos wouldn't be as likely to fight her if she personally took the field. Not even [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="John Locke"] or [member="Aida Aquila"] would make enemies attempt at least a strategic retreat when facing them. Now she was surprised to see @Lady Kay resurface, especially with what transpired on Commenor years ago. And as the Empress of Zakuul... one of those Wild Space potentates. So does this meeting have anything to do with Zakuul trying to negotiate some accord with the Silvers? Or does this serve some other purpose? she thought, while [member="Veiere Arenais"] was going to be with her this time. Yet her duties at the top of the ground chain of command were so heavy at this point that she could hardly be out of duty, no matter to whom she could delegate logistics, combat duties and so on, so forth. As much as she would think security was the main concern of many a Jedi diplomat, thank the Force for her being able to cover more ground beyond the security alone. It was time for Jessica to take her seat...

Josh wasn't normally late.

Something Yuroic would figure out how to do sooner or later, but Josh had managed to master, was ensuring that things with the kids were good to go early when meetings were on their way. It just came with having a son for as long as he did, and Yuroic would certainly figure it out eventually. Josh had never been late to a meeting in his life, not back when he was involved with the Galactic Republic, and never was either with the Silver Jedi. He was either the first to arrive, or at least arrived before the meeting began.

But that had changed.

Josh was most likely the last of the Assembly to arrive, and the reason why became clear the moment he walked in. The damage that had been done to him on Azure was quite clear as the Jedi Master gingerly hobbled across the room with a walking stick being used to guide his movements. His expression was stoic and stern, as if hiding his pain as he defiantly refused to show weakness in front of the Assembly. But physical pain wasn't the only issue. Kay Arenais, a woman he had once considered to be his best friend, was now here. And involved with the terrorist organization UCM. The same organization that was responsible for why he was in this state after Azure. He would recover in time, but it would be some time before he would be allowed back on the field.

The Jedi Master finally managed to get to his seat, his stoic mask hiding his frustration over his current condition. Letting out a steady breath, he managed to climb onto his seat to allow for the meeting to begin.

"Come on, you...!"

When it came to the more advanced technology the galaxy had to offer, Thurion was far from a savant engineer. His method to fix a piece of broken tech usually involved more than a few bumps and taps, instead bringing out the proverbial sledgehammer to get things done. He knew his way around wires well enough, but things still won't work when supposed to it's just frustrating work. Many times he wondered whether gadgets and machinery were all members of some semi-sentient race of beings, seeing how they only work whenever they feel like it.

While his participation within the order of Jedi he'd helped lay the groundworks for in the olden times was flimsy at best these days, he liked to at least attempt to stay up to date on major events surrounding his old stomping grounds. Word had reached him of Azure, and of how the Mandalorians under one Yasha Cadera had provoked the Silvers into taking decisive action. It would seem the Mandalorian faction had bitten off more than they could chew as a joint operation was launched against their territory, with the Imperials and Confederacy having their own respective grudges to settle with the Clans.

Nevertheless it had been a bloody battle, from what little he'd been informed, but it would seem the United Clans of Mandalore had had enough for the time being. He could hope they had been humbled by the experience for the foreseeable future.

Within the Assembly chambers a blue hologram would finally flicker to life standing in front one of the empty chairs, depicting the aging Master's likeness. Right on time too, it would seem, considering the various members of the Assembly were in the middle of taking their seats.

"Ah, there we go! Hello there, are you receiving?"

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Aida Aquila"] | [member="John Locke"] | [member="Kay Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"]

As a number of his fellow Assembly members entered the chamber, Veiere remained outside, alongside the Lady Kay. [member="John Locke"] and [member="Aida Aquila"] were already present, yet [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] and even [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] entered ahead of them, Veiere offering a silent nod accompanied with a smile in greeting before the entrance closed behind them so that his peers could take a moment to prepare themselves before the meeting would begin.

"Veiere...I'm not revealing any secrets that aren't mine to tell. Everything else, that's fair game".
[member="Kay Arenais"] seemed intent on hearing Veiere out as though he was accusing her of something. The Jedi Master sighing under his breath, taking pause for a moment before responding to her; "What you say here today is your choice, of course. I'm not trying to sway you towards doing anything you're not comfortable or wishing to do, I'm merely hoping that you can represent yourself in a positive light...-Whatever the result of this meeting is, remember that it's out of my hands" he cautioned his wife before standing aside, pushing the doors open with his left hand and gesturing for Kay to enter first with his right.

What she had previously said about Veiere hating politics had been true, once. Though these days it seemed to be part of his duty as an Ambassador of the order; not in the way of government politics but those between the Jedi and other nations, and how the Silver Order was to be viewed by those on the outside.

Kay-Larr

Although [member="Veiere Arenais"] might not be accusing her of anything, she was sure and certain that others would be. Kay was getting quite used to it by now. Of course such a thing was always easier among strangers than it was among friends and family. She looked to Veiere and nodded, wanting to add to his comment that this was all out of her hands too, but she didn't say it. It was probably best not to.

Kay closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, letting it out slowly as she worked to compose herself. This was not going to be easy. She'd be kidding herself if she thought that it was. There'd be no jokes here, no tea to bring her comfort. Instead it was just her in front of a handful of judges. Although they had no authority over her, Veiere had made it pretty clear that her decisions as of late had given them all the impression that she was their enemy. Why people couldn't see that there were more than just two sides was beyond her.

Stepping inside finally, she opened her eyes again a few paces in. Her hands clenched and unclenched at her sides as she saw the number of people within the room. There were more than she had expected. What made it less easier was seeing a few people that she did know in attendance. If only she'd of found out in advance, then she could have better prepared. But oh well. It was too late for that now.

Kay stopped her approach in what seemed to be a good enough spot and looked to each in turn before she began to speak. "Afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I don't think that I need to introduce myself. But I've come to not only ensure that I am not your enemy, but also at the request of some of the Clans Alors that, like myself, had not been around nor taken part in the war crimes and heinous acts of some of the others. Our knowledge of such things were after the fact. Given that I have familial ties with both sides, yet am not a part of either, they had hoped that I'd at least be heard and could speak on their behalf. So here I am."

[member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

As Lady Kay began speaking John's fingers stopped their thrumming, falling still on the arm rest of his chair as his dark eyes flicked over to rest on her face, watching her speak giving her his full undivided attention as she spoke. A mask slowly fell over the cyborg's face. emotion chasing away from it as he leaned forward, his gaze not drifting away from the woman's face.

"It was brave of you to come here, to be alone before us all and I have to respect you for that, but do you really think that that argument bears any weight?" The man's voice was low, strained with heavy emotion as he shook his head, "if you speak for the Alors, those who claim to be guiltless of the war crimes then perhaps you can answer the burning question I have for them. Do you think that anyone is guiltless of Eshan?" The man's voice trailed off for a moment, his hands clenching at his sides, "I can still close my eyes and see them, see the flames that the Mandalorians left behind, the bodies. Not soldiers civilians, innocents who did nothing to anyone, slaughtered indiscriminately by those Mandalorian's because they could get to the soldiers helping them. They were helping to evacuate them and Kaine Australis slaughtered them all. I stood there, I watch a girl hugging the body of the mover who had shielded her, the corpse of the woman who gave everything for her. And yet,m those Alors you speak of, none of you did anything, the man was free to burn down a Jedi Temple, and not even one of ours. Unaffiliated, a place of learning and healing and he burnt it down, and you all did nothing." The mask he'd work fell away, dark eyes heavy with emotion stared at Kay, "You claim you knew of it after the fact, where were the trials? Where was your condemnation? Where was justice?"

The man slumped back in his chair, shaking his head, "The Alors, who support you might not have taken part in war crimes, but are they any less culpable? You all stood aside and did nothing when it happened again and again. Please, make me understand, understand how you stood there, how you let this go by? Those Alors, like yourself in this case, you might not commit the actions, but you're judged by the company you keep and how you react to them. When Clan Mortui burned down a Jedi temple you all stood silent, when Clan Australis slaughtered civilians, no-one raised a single protest. And they think themselves clean of the blood? They think because they weren't involved that that makes them innocent. All it does is make them guilty of not acting to stop more atrocities."

The man leaned forward in his chair, eyes fixed on the woman's face, "Aside from everything else you've done, do you condemn it? The Acts of Australis, Mortui and the Mandalorians who were involved in Eshan, on H'ratth. Do you condemn their actions or not?"

[member="Kay Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Aida Aquila"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay turned her attention to [member="John Locke"] as he was the first to speak. He sugar coated his opening statement just as she did, perhaps in a bid to keep any tempers in check. Right now she was alone, so hers was more prone to raising up.

Her brows furrowed as he brought up Eshan, describing some of the events in detail. And yet, he appeared to be blaiming herself and the others for not stopping it. How could they? Each of them were lightyears away. She clenched her jaw as he continued, listening as he accused her and the others of guilt by mere association. It was wrong, a lashing out and emotional response akin to grasping at straws, of wanting to punish anyone for the crimes commited. That was a slippery slope.

Her brows raised as he seemed to be holding back even more of whatever else he is accusing her. What else were they getting after her for? What happened on Commenor? Her escape from Purgatory? Or some other thing? Was she to be at fault for every bad thing in the Galaxy?

Kay shook her head a little. She couldn't keep thinking that way. She had to try to keep her emotions in check.

"Of course I condemn it, just the same as I condemn any side for doing such things. Not a single side is clean from spilling the blood of an innocent. But you're under the impression that both myself and the Alors just stand around, waiting and watching what the others are doing. Do you not think that we don't have our own lives? Do you not think that we don't have our own conflicts to deal with? Just because they aren't as large of battles, it doesn't mean that they are nothing and must be dropped. Do you think that the goings on in the Galaxy are put on hold because the one battle that you are focused on is going happening? I'm sorry but that's not how it works. There are things happening elsewhere, both personal and public, things that prevent us from being everywhere at once and keeping up to date. It's not as though we are sent daily updates on what some of the Clans are doing.

You can't paint everyone with the same brush and claim it to be righteous. All that you are doing is allowing yourselves to be just as blind as the enemies you face."

As for the trails, Kay knew the reasons that there hadn't been any. But it was not for her to give the reasons as to why.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

"Friends, please," the hologram raised a hand where he stood, interjecting the already heated argument between accused and accuser. "We have barely gotten everyone gathered and you're already getting into the meat of the issue."

Facing [member="Kay Arenais"], Thurion bowed his head to the woman. "Your Grace. I wish the circumstances for our meeting were not so dire, I should have liked to catch up with you and your husband." As is typical one tends to postpone simple chats with the people you count as friends and aquaintances, and it sure doesn't help living on the far end of the galaxy.

"I was not present on Azure; in fact I have not partaken in any official Jedi operations since my retirement from the Order, yet even I heard of how the entire Eshan Jedi temple was set ablaze and its denizens largely wiped out. It is an atrocious act I know everyone in this room finds despicable, including the Lady Arenais. It is not necessary to shove facts in her face she already knows too well, nor is it ever fair to blame an entire people on one act perpetrated by the few, no matter how unspeakable."

The hologram of Thurion took his seat, and invited those who hadn't to do the same. "Now, can we please discuss this matter in an orderly fashion worthy of these chambers? Lady Kay is here on a diplomatic mission, and should be treated as an honoured guest. Or have Silver manners lessened since my departure?"

[member="John Locke"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Aida Aquila"]

He listened to Locke’s statement, Kay’s rebuttal and Thurion’s attempt at reason. Through none of it, did his expression change. He hid his disdain because Kay was doing one thing, and that was missing the point. But eventually, he pulled out his datapad and brought up a video, sliding it with his fingers for all of the Assembly and Kay to see and hear.

The video that played was horrific. On Azure it showed a ship’s camera of the storm that raged, fueled with the dark side. The people dying en masse, the efforts of Josh up in the air, holding up the Shield of Light to shield the area and allow the Silver Jedi to evacuate civilians. The UCM, who likely signed off on the attack, could be seen shooting at the ones trying to evac civilians, shoot at Josh while he was working on his shield, and even Coren and Kay’s own husband Veiere as they tried to take the storm down.

And when the video came to an end, the Jedi Master stood off the chair, staring his best friend dead in the eyes as he took a step off the chair, almost losing his footing before he grabbed the side of it. Grabbing his walking stick, he began a slow walk until he was inches from Kay, his gaze fierce with an expression as though it were piercing right through her.

His words came calm, yet firm. Plain, simple and matter of fact.

“You are involved with that. You support that, aid that. Keep that as company. Company willing to destroy its own world and those who dwell in it, just to hurt people. If you were not involved, this meeting would not be happening. You work with monsters, murderers… Terrorists. Puppets of the people you claim ruined you.

Why is that… Kay-Lar?”

They were everything she had once claimed to hate and fight against. Yet here she was.

It seemed that things were going predictable. The SJO had a bad history with Mandalorians and especially with the ones under Yasha Cadera's rule. Watching as John pressed the point of standing by was not good enough, that claiming to be innocent while others in your faction went on to do atrocious was as bad as committing the crime. Yuroic remained silent. When Kay justified herself and Thurion attempted to settle things down. Yuroic remained quiet. When Josh played his video of Sith, of Mandalorians not helping the Jedi save innocent lives and when he confronted Kay about the video. Yuroic still remained quiet.

He was waiting, and listening before he shook his head. "Josh please sit down. Save your strength friend." Looking to Veiere and Kay, they were once a powerful couple and later family, now they were on opposite sides. It was hard to think about that happening to his own family. "Listen, we all understand that not all members of the United Clans are bad people. That goes without saying, people can be extremists and do terror attacks while some or even most don't condone the actions. However, Yasha never tried to stop Kaine, she was his leader, his wife and he would have done as she commanded. So, I believe Kaine and Yasha should be held accountable. Not all of the UCM, but those who have committed or allowed attacks to happen should be dealt with. Yasha was the UCM's Manda'lore, she was trusted to unite and lead the clans in the direction she wanted and she allowed them to try and destroy our people. Kaine being the most common offender in leading these attacks."

Yuroic paused and poured himself a glass of water and took a sip. "I understand you want to broker peace, but as Josh pointed out, the UCM is allied with the Sith Empire. This is something we cannot support and the UCM has never been afraid to show that their allegiance is to the Sith Empire. Going forward we can discuss terms of peace but that allegiance must end, Yasha and Kaine must be trialled and punished accordingly in SJO space and there must be trust of no more raids and attacks in our territory going forward. These might sound high demands but, they will give us the trust and belief that the UCM are serious about peace. We don't want war with our neighbours and we aren't here to accuse every Mandalorian as bad." Yuroic leaned back and drank his water. His piece said, hopefully it would be heard and accepted.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Kay Arenais"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Aida had nodded greetings to her peers as they entered, and smiled warmly as Master Heavenshield's blue visage flickered to life before them. Her eyes shifted, lingering for a moment upon Master Dragonsflame and the pain that he hid behind a stony face. The effects of war had even touched them here at Silver Rest.

Her brows lofted slightly as the discussion kicked off rather quickly and fiercely. Aida's normally tranquil gaze grew troubled. The tension was high. It was bold of Kay to come here, the former Queen showed bravery for doing so. However, Aida was not quite sure that the diplomat's purpose would be accomplished today.

The blonde Jedi Master waited, hands folded in her lap. And, when the time came, she stood.

“This fighting cannot continue,” She said. Aida's tone clear, sharp, but not overly harsh. “I believe we are all in agreement on that part of the issue. It is, in my opinion, the responsibility of the Alors to oversee the clans and govern them according to their traditions. Proud warriors, yes – but do they not believe that justice should be brought down upon the ones that cause such... devastation.

Aida let out a soft breath. The others had brought up good points -- it was known that the Clans were allied with the Sith Empire, Aida herself was curious as to whether or not this bond would last. But, for the moment she would focus on a single point.

“I understand that you, Kay Arenais, are here with good intentions. You should not be held accountable for their actions, but – will the Clan Alors take responsibility for what has been done in their name?” Her tone was calm now, her blue eyes found Kay, studying the woman.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Kay Arenais"], [member="John Locke"], [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom