Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashla Reformation

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Darth Ignus"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

It's a good idea i'll give you that, very creative. But I don't honestly see it happening echoing the opinion of Darth Carnifex, the duality of the force has always been there, it perpetuates conflict. But I also echo the opinions of Coci in the issue currently the Jedi-Sith sides there is no way your getting the Heavenshield Family for example to sit in the same room as people like House Zambrano, who directly or indirectly have the blood of billions on their hands. Most of the Sith have done things thats so sick, so vile there's no possible way a Jedi could ever forgive that.

This may work for a short time but it's firmly in my own personal opinion that when it does fall it'll end up falling hard. If you can get it to work though more power to you, i'll be eager to watch its progress.

[member="Darth Prazutis"]
We're keenly aware that we'll never meet our end goal. That was discussed when we first started the concept up. We're alright with that provided everyone involved has fun along the way.

We are also aware that a lot of people on the board will be unwilling to join with already established characters for the reasons Coci and yourself have mentioned. We counted on people like you being the ones that "we would have to deal with." In essence people like yourselves are the roadblocks to peace. We have to have someone to fight against or else people will get bored.

I really don't want to discourage you from doing this, as this seems like a very creative, well worked out and interesting concept for a faction, but form a philosophical perspective I struggle to see how a sith could join a group that has peace as one of their most important values. I mean the sith code isn't "peace is a lie" because it sounds cool (at least not IC lol.). Also an issue I have with most groups that accept sith is, that the sith code literally commands a follower to lead and not submit to anyone (at least that is how I always the metaphorical chains lol) ("Through Victory my chains will be broken, the force shall free me) so I fail to see how it should work to have them work under jedi etc.

Still I wish you the best of luck and success, as the idea itself is interesting enough to make for a fun faction in chaos galaxy. Maybe my jedi alt will find a place there.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Chains are symbolic. They can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. And the pursuit of power and victory do not necessarily equate to becoming emperor, which is where a lot of Sith fail as characters. And realistically, Sith will have positions of power within the faction, just like Jedi and NFUs will. Plus, Sith aren't the only darksiders out there.

We welcome your Jedi if you want to join us, though.
[member="Darth Abyss"]

I agree fully that it should be possible to have lightsiders and darksiders work together, but sith and jedi as orders I am not so sure. If I remember right, the first line of the sith code was in universe created to be a direct contrast to the first of the jedi code. Both groups have an completely opposing set of core values, and I fail to see how they could possibly work together without completely distancing from their cultural identify. Yet I mean you seem to have put a lot of thought into it, so maybe you have found I way I just missed after all. If not I would suggest you maybe find a code or a set of rules that controls how sith and jedi interact with each other that allows the to equally value their code.

Also yeah I will lol.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

[member="Darth Abyss"]

If the Sith Code commands all Sith to lead, how do they ever unite under a Sith Emperor?

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Very interesting faction idea, I hope it goes well. Whether it succeeds or fails, I look forward to reading some interesting storylines and IC discussions between Jedi and Sith. Even if they are in the end incompatible, it will be a nice change to see more a war of words, ideas and philosophies rather than one of physical violence, lightsabers and simplistic good vs evil, light vs dark.

Actually not a fan of the Empire concept lol, and I mean its not like the sith don't end up killing each other in the end most of the time. I think the code stops them from ever reaching true unity after all.

[member="Wolf"]

I am actually a rule of two guy, and been playing Abyss as such right now. I mean he isn't opposed to work with the sith order etc, to reach his goals but he doesn't view the as actual allies. The only reason that works for Abyss as character is the fact that he doesn't strive for galactic dominance like many, but is focused on learning as much about the force as possible and has a very spiritual outlook on live.

As for actual organisations I believe that its impossible in the long run. Sure sith band together for some time, but one or two will always feel above the rest and either succeed in forcing anyone in submission or die. Even if they succeed they are neither immortal nor indestructible, so either time or blade will kill them. And an empire without an emperor is doomed to fall from grace one day.

Wow that was slightly more detailed than I planned.

[member="Wolf"]

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Darth Ignus"]

Now I personally like the idea of both Jedi and Sith banding together to work out problems bigger than themselves, and I see potential in this notion; however, on Chaos at least, people are in such a state where atrocities are committed on a very regular basis without much justification other than to usher in some kind of dark tide they feel is made appropriate by personalized objectivity. Honestly I just see too much divide and conflict for the Jedi or Sith to ever work together for a goal like this, there may be some, but a vast majority will be at one another's throat.

On behalf of House Zambrano, and the Sith code itself, this would be an outright atrocity against what has already been set in motion long before and now. This will only deepen the wound.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]
It has already begun, Coci. Connor's time is coming soon.
giphy.gif

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Darth Ignus"]

You do have a point there if there's no conflict there's no story. An interesting and complex story at that. It'll be interesting to see your faction progress and develop, and how you manage to reign in all of the different philosophies and egos involved into one coherent group. I'll certainly watch and maybe participate some day :).

The 'duality' of the Force is one of those odd misconceptions that keeps floating around. Yes, such a thing can be perceived, but it's like detecting potatoes and cabbage in a Beef Stew: they're certainly present, but they don't speak to the totality. Indeed, you could remove both and still have a pretty decent Beef Stew. The presence of the potatoes may contrast heavily with the taste of the cabbage, and it seems like the two shouldn't really go together, and yet, placed in the context of the meal, they're actually pretty damn delicious.

So too is it with the Force: whatever aspects may exist, they do so as part of a larger whole, and each can be embraced separately or together (as shown by many Sith and Jedi post-NJO). Most of the other Force-user Factions don't adhere to Light or Dark: those tend to be the realms of the Sith and Jedi, who perceive the Force in a way that opposes one-another, failing to recognise that Light does not exist without the Dark, nor vice versa, and that the Force requires both, but more besides.

The conflict between the two factions is, ultimately, ideological: it comes down to their perception regarding rule. Jedi believe they should not rule, and thus spend their lives trying to maintain the 'democratic' system of government that they misguidedly believe will create the peace they so desperately want. The Sith believe they have the right to rule, and will seek to obtain power because, when the strongest rule, peace is a natural byproduct, for opposition is outgunned and heavily stomped on. The war between the two is political: the Sith seek power, the Jedi wish to stop them. That's all it comes down to.

And, let's be frank, very few of us have a personal stake in the war: we fight because we're taught to fight, told that it is natural to our factions to fight, and that our enemy opposes our way of life (which is true). It's natural to imagine that the two factions might be reconciled, or at least persuaded to stop using their powers to harm the Galaxy - fight each other individually, if you wish, but the conflict must cease bringing innocent lives into danger. The recent incident at Korriban is a perfectly good example: innocents dying because the two Factions can't keep their fighting confined to one-another.

It's nonsensical, and it has to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom