Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashla Reformation

2rpsoxj.jpg
INCLUSION | BALANCE | AUTHORITY | PEACE

Welcome, and thank you for stopping by to view this faction advertisement. We know there are a lot of them always out there and that they can't all tickle everyone's fancy, so we appreciate you taking the time to look in on ours. We'd offer cookies and punch, but it's kind of hard to do that long distance.

For those who want the quick and simple answer to who we are, we suggest skipping down to the FAQ section at the end. For everyone else, let us first offer you this link to the faction's home page so that, if you are interested, you can easily pop on over to apply for the faction: The Ashla Reformation. It also makes it so you know where the link is after you've read everything else. We'll put it at the end of this advertisement for you as well.

The Ashla Reformation started as the notion of a Sith, was shared with Jedi and others, and has ultimately grown into a budding movement at galactic reform. In an effort to fix the ills of the galaxy, the Reformation intends to bring all sides of the Force together again, as they were before the schism that led to the formation of the Sith. When the Force was first discovered, both the light and the dark were studied equally. Balance was inherently important. But as people will, fights broke out, and a schism was formed that led to a war, and the banishment of those who practiced the dark. This inevitably spiraled the galaxy into a war between the light and the dark which has raged to this day, taking countless lives as a result.

In the meantime, numerous galactic governments have risen and fallen, most all run by those who cannot touch the Force, but incorporating those who can in some fashion. They all failed because they could not fathom being inclusive of those different than them. The Sith Empire sought the death of the Republic. The Republic sought the destruction of the Separatists. The One Sith and the Galactic Republic killed each other. It's a never ended cycle of failure and misery for the galaxy, which has slowly destroyed one planet after another in some fashion or form.

1.png
SOURCE

The Jedi are no better than their darkside counterparts. Their own people have been responsible for genocide and mass murder. They were responsible for the near destruction of the Sith species, among others. As separate entities, the sides of the Force have only proved that they are incapable of anything but destruction. No matter what they strive for, they ultimately end up killing each other and the people around them in their battles. No longer can they be allowed to be apart from one another. They must come together under the banner of the Ashla Reformation before they wipe the entire galaxy clean of all life.

Those who agree that this inclusion will bring balance and peace are welcome within the Reformation. Those who oppose it, despite an open arms offer, will be destroyed. That is the way it must be. Either all will be assimilated for the greater good of the galaxy, or they will be destroyed. Our top priority will always be diplomatic resolution first, however.

So whether you're a lightsider, a darksider, neither, or can't even touch the Force, there's a place for you within the confines of the Ashla Reformation. If you want to be part of something bigger than just "wiping out the Sith" or "killing the Jedi" or "stopping the Mandalorians" then we are what you're searching for. Galactic domination in order to save the galaxy from destroying itself. It really is as simple as acceptance of those with different ideals from you and a willingness not to murder everything that moves.

Seriously. Don't be this guy:
200.gif

Now for the FAQ!

Who are you?

We are The Ashla Reformation, a conglomeration of like minded people, working beneath a leadership Triad, who would like to see the galaxy brought into a state of balance, and subsequently peace and prosperity.

How is that any different from the Alliance or Republic factions goals? Don't they want the same thing?

That's a complicated question to answer. While both of those factions do indeed want peace and prosperity, it's not for everyone and their methodology will never bring balance, which will constantly leave the galaxy with someone who wants to topple them, as they will always have an enemy: practitioners of the so called "Dark Side" of the Force, as well as people who believe that certain species of beings are inferior (xenophobes). These factions desire to defeat both of these groups, rather than assimilate them under the same banner, which means that they can never achieve galactic balance.

You kind of sound like the Empire now. Are you just another Empire?

It does sound a little bit like the Empire, but we have our differences. While the Empire, too, often said that it wanted galactic peace and prosperity, it was at a cost. They subjugated many species, blew up worlds, slaughtered the Jedi and many other Force Users, and generally sowed discord through their actions. Their base intentions were, in some regards, true, but their methodology was severely lacking in common sense and practicality. They were, and are, the veritable reverse of the Alliance and Republic, so on functional grounds they have the same problems. We aim to avoid those problems.

Ok. How do you do that?

Through integration. Rather than rejecting anyone, we embrace all despite their differences. Everyone we approach about joining us has the option to do so peaceably. When integrating, the only thing necessary of them is that they obey all laws, which are designed to be fair and practical to all beings of the galaxy. In order to facilitate balance and peace, both the "light" and "dark" sides of the Force are represented, as well as the equally important side of those who cannot touch the Force.

So, you're what, a totalitarian government?

Technically we would be classified as an Authoritarian Commonwealth. The government has supreme authority and reflects that with laws that it demands all citizens follow. Those that do not follow the laws are punished equally with a set punishment for each crime, rather than subjective judgment which allows for unequal treatment. However, despite the government having supreme authority, the government does act in the best interest of the people, choosing in their favor at all times, and not striving to ensure their own dominance over the people. This is maintained by the triad of leadership, largely through its makeup representing all sides.

How can it represent all sides when it only represents Jedi, Sith, and non-Force Users? What about Rogue's, Neutrals, and Witches?

In general terms, those mentioned above are either light or they are dark. Those that use the darkside, even if they also use the light (like Neutrals), are still considered to be darksiders. Considering we use the terms Jedi and Sith lightly, they're easily interchangeable with Rogue Jedi and Dark Jedi. Sith sprang from Dark Jedi becoming culturally entangled with the Sith species. So when we say we're made up of one Jedi, one Sith, and an NFU, we mean we're made up of a lightsider, a darksider, and an NFU. In terms of the triad.

Okay. I think I get it now. So what all can we do in the Reformation?

There are lots of options available. We have four branches of the military: army, navy, intelligence, and security. We have three parts to our government: the triad, Advisory Council, and Congress of Peers. You can be a Jedi, a Rogue Jedi, a Neutral Force User, a Dark Jedi, a Sith, a Witch, or whatever other kind of Force user you can think of. You can be a diplomat. Heck you can be a nerf herder if you want. In essence, you can be anything you want to be as long as you're dedicated to the cause and willing to do what it takes to advance it. And as long as you obey the law.

So I can be whatever I want and RP with all of the sides of the Force too. That's kind of cool. But what about these laws?
We haven't specifically written them up yet, but as a guideline think of the golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You killed someone without cause? You're going to be caught, tried and executed. No jail time. You stole something? You'll be caught, tried, and thrown in jail. You committed a war crime? You'll be caught, tried and executed. Just think along those lines and you can help us develop laws further. The aim here is the benefit of all through strict authoritarian rule and fair applications of law. And yes, we know we can't kill you without your consent. If these issues arise we will gladly work out a cool story with you.

This sounds cool. Sign me up!

Great! Pop on over to the faction and apply and we'll help you get squared away and probably drag you into a story or two!

Addendum #1
In light of the fact that some characters just won't be able to join us right off the bat, because of age old prejudice, we are creating the Division of Reclamation. Please read below to learn of their duties.
The Division of Reclamation
This is a division of Reformation Intelligence, reporting directly to its Director so as to bypass the ordinary red tape. The primary role of this branch of the military is to seek out Force practitioners and assess their capability of integration into Reformation society. It is expected that most of these individuals have been so ingrained in the galactic standard that they will not be readily open to joining a society that brings light and dark together. Much can be said for the bad blood that the galaxy has experienced over the years.

In their assessment of these individuals, there are four classifications of importance:

Green Flag: These are individuals that can already integrate into Reformation society. They typically understand the goal and agree with its necessity and have no problem working with anyone. More often than not, these individuals are not part of any current Order or Force Cult in the galaxy.

Yellow Flag: These are individuals that have shown a potential interest in integration in Reformation society, but may struggle to do so. They either identify this themselves, or the Division member recognizes it and Yellow Flags them so that further operatives can assist these individuals in overcoming their prejudices in order to facilitate their integration in society.

Red Flag: These are individuals who express no desire to integrate into Reformation society on the grounds that they refuse to work with one party or the other. These individuals are Red Flag, and are marked for careful observation until such time as dealing with them becomes necessary.

Black Flag: These are the most dangerous of individuals. Black Flag's are those people who, when approached, express a desire for violence, or for taking down the Reformation. While there may be fewer of these, a Black Flag necessitates an Intelligence Strike Force being sent to deal with the individual in question immediately and with finality.

Once someone has been flagged, they either integrate with society, or are sent to speak with special members of the Division that are trained in assisting people in overcoming the ingrained prejudice that the galaxy often experiences. These people will spend time with the person, helping them to understand why the Reformation is necessary, helping them with remorse, grief, or loss, and generally working with them to make them a productive member of society once more. This may take time, or it may not.

Additionally, those known to have committed mass atrocities within the galaxy (glassing worlds, genocide, mass murder) are always flagged as Black, even if they express a desire to join the Reformation. These people are never trusted to change.

Addendum #2
Current Capital: Surron

Current Triad:
[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]
[member="Solan Charr"]
Darth Ignus

Current Diplomacy Status:
Galactically Neutral

An admirable, but misguided cause.

Your call for camaraderie of the Light and the Dark goes against the very nature of the Force itself, which perpetuates conflict with its inherent dichotomy.

Artificial constructs such as this will erode with time, but the duality of the Force is forever.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

My body may perish, and my soul may be dragged into the fathomless pits of Chaos for all eternity, but you cannot destroy the duality of the Force.

The Light and the Dark will battle for all time, and the galaxy shall be rent asunder by their collective hatred.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

[member="Darth Carnifex"]
No, they hypothesize that it can't. If nobody tries it will surely never happen. If someone tries and fails, then the hypothesis is proven correct. If they try and succeed, it's proven wrong.

All it takes is a strong will and people that believe in the effort to make it happen.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

To be fair, if we just let the site continue with the bad guy vs good guy theme for to long things would get painfully boring...as they often do when you continue to roll with something for extended amounts of time. Cause guys in black robes and red swords and guys in white robes and blue swords will only have your interest for so long in the end. Jedi Order, Gray Jedi, Silver Jedi, First Order, Sith Empire, Republic. After a while it all kinda just blends into one and the same thing anyway. At least in my opinion.

I like playing the bad guy as much as others. But i just don't enjoy playing antagonist that fit into the stereotypical 'mustache twirling bad guy' that we have all come to know and love. Cause i'm weird and reject the social norms. Besides, maybe it will never happen. You are right on that. But that wont stop ppl in the galaxy from trying.

Rebellion reigns...*shot*

Either way, [member="Darth Ignus"] . I say go for it. I had a similar thing happening not to long ago with The Nine concept i had that kinda withered for separate reasons. Go stir up some trouble eh?

I think this an interesting concept and I wish you the best with it. But, I have to echo some of the words spoken here regarding the opposition to this. It would be very difficult to have the likes of Coci and and this chappie [member="Darth Carnifex"] in the same room to sit and talk about a way in which to end this conflict in the way you suggest, there is simply way to much history between them for them to do such a thing. It would not be but a heart beat before either Carnifex or Coci would ignite the sabers. :p

I think in order for this to work, you would have to approach the younger Jedi and Sith that have like mind to you and your concept. The old guard (for want of a better description) meaning those of us that have played our Jedi and Sith against one another for quite some time would be unable to form this view. But what I can see, if you manage to gain good interest from both players of (more progressive?)Jedi and Sith, is that you have a good base to find reason to see the old guard as the enemy. Now that could be quite exciting to have a group like this coming for the likes of the oldies.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

[member="Darth Ignus"]
Orders have governments, they can be governments. Plus isn't Ashla Light? The counter balance to Bogan? And how is this different then a Revan based faction?

[member="Darth Kentarch"]
Ashla is the name of a moon. To some it means light. To the Lesats, and this is why we chose it for our name, it means "The Spirit Of The Galaxy."

Legitimate Orders do not have governments, aside from the Sith. Orders don't have governments, but they can be part of one. Or back it.

As for your question about Revan, I don't believe it was Revan's intent to bring both sides of the Force together. He fought against the Sith and the Jedi as different versions of himself, but didn't seek to unite them under one flag. He did, to my understanding, believe that they were misguided. Revan fell, thanks to the Sith Emperor, from a Jedi to a Sith, and then later became a Jedi again. He sought the defeat of the Mandalorians, etc. But he never tried to go as far as we are trying to go, to bring the sides together and assimilate/conquer the galaxy in order to bring about peace. There are pieces of influence in this story from Revan, but it's not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom