Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Adventures of Snotface and Goofball: Over the Moon

R5b3fb0179aaa2a09e0968e853695536e

Lori stared at her datapad, reading up on Endor while she was 'supposed' to be keeping watch in the cockpit. The hyperspace route from Mnemosyne was long, yet uneventful. Which was all the more perfect for her and her twin brother Caedyn Arenais . They didn't need any trouble. Especially when it came from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim and the Empire she ruled. Lori was pretty much 'public enemy number one' and if Caedyn got his way, then he would get high up there too. Then they both could be trailed from one side of the Galaxy to the next by opportunists eager to bag them and bring them in to Imperial 'justice'.

She took a sip of a fizzy drink as some beeps came through on the ship's navcom system. They were almost ready to exit hyperspace. Perfect. Lori flicked a switch on the control panel to access the ship's intercoms: "Hey Snotface, we're almost there. Better get your butt in gear." Her laughter could be heard before she turned off the intercom. Oh how much she loved the fact that Caedyn loathed that nickname. He was lucky that she didn't know how to program droids, otherwise she'd get his own droids like Lex to always call him Snotface. As it was, the droid kept insisting on calling Lori 'Miss Arenais', which was super annoying on it's own. So...this was a wee bit of payback that she could pursue. And it wasn't as though they were anywhere public, so she wasn't embarrassing him in front of anybody.

This was hopefully going to be like old times. The twins were set to explore Endor and search for a spot that could be used as a hidden base for the Eclipse Rebellion, given that at least one was already compromised in order to save her skin. That wasn't a fun day at all. But....that base was prepped for such an event to happen. Luckily for her and the Rebels! But this one would have to be different. It had to be better! And the Ewoks were sure to help out if history was any indication.

Hopefully luck would be on their side.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Endor was a Forest Moon whose history encompassed the end of an era for the legendary Galactic Empire of the Dark Times, a period of history which concerned the fall of the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic, overthrown at the hands of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, otherwise known as the former Senator and Emperor Sheev Palpatine. Thanks to the millions of data files stored within the Jedi Archives database, spread out across numerous key locations, enclaves and temples across the Galaxy all connected by the holonet and the Jedi Comport, Caedyn had been able to learn of the historic period long before he and Loreena had even their own Starships to fly there.

The Repertoire had seen their journey throughout hyperspace in a timely and problem-free manner; Although one vast change had occurred in which Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had been in the Pilots Chair much to the surprise of Lexas, his droid Co-pilot who knew that Caedyn had never trusted anyone else to fly the Corvette in the history of its many ventures. Lexas had been most surprised and commented on it several times over the journey to his Sister, she who seemed to be getting a little flustered by the company, while Caedyn simply found it amusing and wore a grin every time he heard them bickering.

"Hey Snotface, we're almost there. Better get your butt in gear."
Caedyn sighed under his breath however as the intercom rang aloud across his private cabin, the Jedi Knight sitting up upon his bed and glaring towards the speaker as though Lori might actually see the contempt for the nickname through the speakers. "She'll never quit. I might as well accept it" he said aloud to himself, moving to stand and fetch the belongings he'd need for the visit on Endor.

Changing into his Jedi Apparel, fastening the utility belt around his waist, Caedyn then sought out his Datapad, personal commlink, his Lightsaber and finally his CS.38, holstering it upon his right hip before moving to leave his quarters and make his way towards the head of the Repertoire where his Sister looked rather comfortable piloting the craft that had been originally commissioned by their father for the both of them. It was about time that Lori actually made some use of it, a thought Caedyn kept to himself for the moment while the mission required his focus.

"Do your contacts in the Eclipse know that we're out here looking for a new outpost they can use?" He asked curiously. The Rebels fighting against the Eternal Empire weren't exactly forthcoming in their identities and just as well for their sake, however, Caedyn had yet to meet any outside of his own Sister's crew and so now with them within hostile territory, he couldn't help but wonder what kind of back-up they might have to call upon if the need arose.

Lori just rolled her eyes as Lex commented on how his Master is more properly experienced to land the ship on Endor. To which she dutifully responded that she had been training and flying in multiple vessels before he was even created.

Now she knew how the old people felt when she would bother them with her own 'experiences and kniwledge' that was sure to surpass their own. Just how Caedyn Arenais puts up with his droid, she had no idea.

Speaking of which, her brother soon appeared in the cockpit, already asking about the Rebels. Lori chewed the inside of her cheek a little. "Well no, not exactly. But I do know of one that mentioned heading this way for a bit. I rescued him and a bunch of others from an Imperial prison on Cerea. They were all set to be executed before a half dozen of us came and broke them free. I got to run the mission myself and call all the shots. It was AMAZING! And quite successful. You should have seen how dumbfounded the guards were when us and the prisoners all started singing space shanties!" She snickered to herself at the memory of it all. "I figured we'd go in quietly and stay that way." The last thing that she wanted to find was trouble.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Going in quietly sounds perfect to me" Caedyn replied, nodding in agreement.

Looking overhead through the cockpit viewport, he watched as they descended down toward the surface of Endor, the clouds breezing passed the Repertoire before the vast expanse of dark green forestry spread as far as the eyes could see.

It reminded Caedyn a little of Kashyyyk to be honest, although the tree's here weren't quite so tall, and nor were the locals despite being known to be as hairy as the Wookiees were back in the heart of Silver Space.

"Do we have any idea as to the last time the Eternal Empire was seen active in this sector?" he soon asked, not overly expecting Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun to be able to answer such a broad question, but asking for his curiosity and the knowledge of what they might expect.

"Given the history of this Moon, I'm going to hazard a guess that they've not left it untouched. We ought to pace ourselves and not let our guard down while we're out there" he advised as Lori set the Corvette down within a clearing surrounded by tree's and enough foliage to keep the ship relatively hidden.

Lori brought the ship down gently, yet throughout the entire descent, her eyes were scanning the area looking for telltale signs of the Empire. More often than not, that consisted of a bunch of soldiers, equipment and vehicles. But so far the coast seemed clear.

For once!

And as always Caedyn Arenais was warning her to be on her toes or on the lookout. "I know, Cae, I know. I haven't heard of anything here. There may have been some scouting parties at some point? We're still outside of their territory, so we should be okay. And given that there's no one tailing us, that'll keep me clear from being arrested." Once the ship touched down, she started powering her down. "Might as well keep in close contact with Lex, in case we need a quick evac." That was about the best that they could do, right? "I'll let my contact know that we're in the area once we get outside." If there was a chance that her message could be traced, she didn't want it to come from her brother's ship.

Lori slipped out of the pilot's chair and grinned to her brother. "Last one out's a rotten bantha burger!" Quicker than a blink she broke out into a sprint to beat Cae out of his own ship. Hopefully he didn't know how to teleport.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Last one out's a rotten bantha burger!".

Caedyn laughed abruptly as his Sister shot off towards the ship's loading ramp in an attempt to beat him to the outdoors, something that he would, of course, let her win as he came wandering out a moment or two after her with a broad grin. She had reminded him of their younger days, a fond collection of memories where times were so much simpler.

"A little warning next time and maybe then I won't let you win" he declared, throwing his Sister a smirk before casting his eyes to the forestry that surrounded them. There were sounds seemingly teaming with wildlife, and not a building in sight, thank the Force. There really was nothing quite as beautiful as the outdoors, completely untouched, natural and alive.

"And for the record, I wasn't lecturing you, I was speaking for myself as much so as I was cautioning you. Between the two of us, I'm just as likely to set off some motion sensor or whatever traps the Eternal Empire use these days" he chuckled a little warily under his breath. His Sister was used to contending with the Southern Empress, whereas Caedyn would learn yet, what tactics the Eternal Empire employed.

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori won the race of course, and once Caedyn Arenais had caught up she was busy doing a little victory dance. To his remark on letting her win, she simply blew him a raspberry. "Let me win? Ha!"

As for his remarks on his words of caution, Lori only smirked. "Well once you get warrants out for your arrest and execution, then we'll see if you're as likely to trigger their alarms." She made herself sound cocky and proud of herself for it all, but deep down she really wasn't. At times she felt as though she was getting in over her head. Was she losing herself to the cause? Possibly. But then again there was a lot of changes going on in her life. She was running an arms manufacturing company, a Queen of some little known world, going to claim responsibility for Tacitus' death for propaganda, and finally she was getting married. It was a far cry from just being some goofy pilot and treasure hunter for hire.

"Come on, Snotface, let's go. We can hike until dark." That gave them plenty of hours to explore. The trees were so tall and gorgeous. And the air smelled so fresh. Lori wasn't so used to the great outdoors anymore. She was far too used to living on ships.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Well once you get warrants out for your arrest and execution,
then we'll see if you're as likely to trigger their alarms."

"I've been there before, actually...-Sort of, at least. The First Order put a death-mark out on me when I first started building up a Jedi presence in the Outer-Rim Territories some years back. I'm not sure if it's still active but I remember how intense it was trying to avoid their assassins and hit-squads" Caedyn replied somewhat dryly as he caught up with his Sister and they soon departed from the clearing they'd landed in.

Endor's beauty reminded Caedyn of Mnemosyne a bit, or at least the country Velichor there, a land densely laden in forestry as far as the eyes could see. The out-doors suited the Jedi Knight far better than any ship or enclave, feeling truly able to expand his senses through the serenity that was natural life in all directions. This was Caedyn's picture of purity when it came to the Force, life unhindered, allowed to flourish and connected to the two of them through their shared experience and bond with the Force. It was a fondness that Caedyn rarely talked about, yet always tried to take a moment to appreciate.

"The two sound quite similar, to be honest," Caedyn remarked in regards to the Eternal Empire and the First Order; "I could never get behind a Dictatorship myself. I know Mom and Dad led a Monarchy but they had the Government underneath them, the House of Lords and their advisors. They didn't force their rule upon Civilians...-Well, not after Dad freed Mom of the Sith" Caedyn corrected himself, as the Lord of Lies had certainly tried to turn Commenor into a Sith-Imperial State. Veiere had thankfully gotten in the way of those plans...

"I'm glad Mnemosyne has the Government in place, run through Parliamentary procedures and not relying on us to be there week in and week out. It's really convenient that we can still get away and live our lives knowing that Mnemos is safe and sorted, regardless" he smiled a little to himself. He was certainly becoming attached to the World it seemed.

"Yeah...that's what I go through now when in EE territory. I don't know if there's any bounties for me outside of their space. But at least I have sanctuary in some areas. Although...with their shapeshifters....I'm not so sure that even that's real safe either." Lori had one shapeshifter Kessia Miran Kessia Miran that lived with her for some time, pretending to be Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin . It was utterly horrible that she couldn't tell them apart. Not even through the Force.

It certainly made her question things a lot more. And question people.

"Mnemosyne is in a good place. It's virtually unknown and safe in good territory. So of course they wouldn't need you to help them. I don't think that I'd do much good. I can hardly keep a crew, let alone try to help run a whole planet full of people. Arla is my only constant and she is only there because...well...that's what she was programed for." Whether Caedyn Arenais knew that Arla was a droid or not, she couldn't remember. But it was a well kept secret that even fooled scanners and other devices.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I'm not certain I want our role in the Monarchy getting out to the public" Caedyn replied, his sister having raised the subject of Mnemosyne and her personal indifference to the position as a royal. Caedyn knew that she didn't feel confident as a public face for diplomatic affairs, but then he was sure that their Mom was once afraid of the idea too before it became her life-long career.

"You've got the Rebellion, who are lucky to have you. I'm a Jedi, and even if that were to change, I'm a Force User who can't help but put myself in harm's way. I think we'd only end up endangering the World through the attention we bring on ourselves" Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had used the reason as for her justification to stay in the background of government leadership or any matters pertaining to their royal lineage, and quite frankly Caedyn had come to agree with her. Their parents had kept it a secret for a reason.

"Besides, it's not as though we can't provide the world with our support through House Arenais. I have a trust in place through with all our assets come under and will continue to provide for the Galaxy should anything happen to us" he informed her.

At least Caedyn Arenais agreed with her there. The directions that both were taking in their lives made it too dangerous for them to be publicly known as royalty over a planet. Even if a government body looked after everything without their oversight, that still wouldn't matter to their enemies.

"It's too nice of a place. I don't want a siege or attack to happen like on Commenor. So many people died and it split us all apart. It was our family's downfall Cae. We shouldn't risk repeating their mistakes." She didn't want that kind of guilt to riddle her subconcious. She didn't want to be consumed by it like their mom did.

"A trust?" Caefyn sure did think of everything. Lori hadn't even considered dying and what would happen to her ships or Arla when that inevitable event was to happen. "I didn't expect to get MandalArms, but now that has fallen into my lap. Do you think that could be put in the trust too? I mean, it's not like I have any kids or anything." And she didn't think that she would either. But then again she didn't expect that she would get married either, and here she was, engaged.

It was a strange time to be alive.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"It's just for insurance..." Caedyn replied, nodding in confirmation; "I've invested plenty of our families funds into rather large corporations and facilities that I want to know will go on doing their good work long after me. Companies like Lifeline Connect for example, humanitarian and social services the Galaxy sorely needs, what with war so often sparking between the major powers of today" he explained, elaborating a little more as to his reasons for doing so.

"I want our parents legacy to be remembered for the good it has done and will continue to do" he added, thinking back on his Mother and Father and all that they had tried to accomplish in their lifetimes. They'd achieved a great deal, yet also seen great hardship for the fact they were so publically visible. He and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had been allowed the chance to not make the same mistake. Caedyn, just an ordinary Jedi Knight and Loreena, a Rebel with a cause.

It was a nice change of pace, walking with his Sister out in the wilderness where he least expected to run into anyone familiar...-If anyone at all. Out there they weren't Jedi or Rebels, but simply the Twins they had been in their younger years, before such career paths, able to be themselves and talk freely without fear of who might be listening, or the expectations held over them.

"It's a good idea. I'm sure that Mom and Dad would be proud." The sudden thought of their parents threatened to bring her down again. There was so much that she wanted to say to them; and to have them hold her again would be absolutely wonderful. But that could never happen, and it pained her to remind herself to accept it.

"I miss them. I haven't even seen them in my dreams. Not even after all this time, and I was sure that I would. Dad has to be one with the Force, right? That Sith Lord that killed him didn't trap his spirit or destroy it or anything?" She had heard of such things happening and knew them to be true. Their Mom seemed kind of worried when she had informed Lori and Caedyn Arenais of their Dad dying in battle. Lori hoped that they were both in total peace, maybe even with eachother. That would be ideal.

Her eyes wandered the trees, surprised at how quiet everything was. Weren't there supposed to be Ewoks? Perhaps they weren't close enough to one of the villages yet. If the Rebels were going to put up a hidden base, well she wanted to get the permission from the locals first.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I didn't realize you believed that we return to the Force after death..." Caedyn replied, glancing back to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun after having mentioned their Father. The Jedi believed and had been proven as much, yet that didn't mean that everyone else believed the same thing. Up until now, many of the ideologies and beliefs that the Jedi held had been a far cry from what Lori believed in...Although they didn't really discuss such things, perhaps that was more an assumption on Caedyn's part due to their different life paths. Something their parents were largely responsible for.

"But yes, Dad is one with the Force..." Caedyn answered her question, looking back to the path ahead of them as they roamed through the great forest of Endor, he not entirely sure they knew where they were going but more or less trusting in the Force to know that where they would end up, was meant to be.

"The Sith, those like Darth Prazutis are capable of consuming the souls of others. It's abhorrent and a blight against the very nature of the Force..." Caedyn spoke coldly, his disapproval showing clearly through his tone as he thought back on what he knew. "Dad's Holocron contains information on what he knew and had studied as far as a Jedi's transcendence to the Force...-I'm not sure I understand it all myself, at least not how it is achieved" he continued, speaking his thoughts on the matter.

Their Father had been a Jedi Master and a member of the Order all of his life. There were few exceptions, times of hardship yet he had always had his faith in the Force...-The simple fact was, as far as Caedyn could guess, was that he lacked the training and experience to comprehend such things.

"His spirit is at peace" Caedyn confirmed, confident in the fact.

"I don't know what I believe, Cae. But maybe what a person believes would happen to them is exactly what does. Dad was a Jedi, so...he believed that he'd be a part of the Force again. So just that was probably enough to make it happen. It's like a choice, you know? Like choosing which planet to go to...." Though Lori had no idea what would happen to her. More than likely she'd be on her own as she mostly was now.

She continued on their walk, listening to Caedyn Arenais as he spoke of the Sith and what they were capable of. They were truly a nightmare, yet she wasn't capable of defeating them. Imperials were easier. Most lacked the Force and so that put them on more of an evrn playing field.

"Dad has a holocron? Oh wait...of course he would. Duh.." What Jedi Master wouldn't have one? More than likely he had taught others how to build one too. Maybe even Caedyn. It was a treasure in any case, and she hoped that it would always remain safe.

At least he was at peace.

"Well if Dad ever...you know...finds you in a vision or something...tell him that I say hello." And that she was sorry, she wanted to add, sorry for not being able to cut it as his apprentice.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"He appeared to Mom at one point, when I was showing her how to use the Holocron" Caedyn replied, turning to look to his Sister thoughtfully. It had been entirely unexpected and Caedyn could barely believe it himself at the time.

"It hasn't happened again as far as I'm aware. I guess he sensed she needed him..." Caedyn added, unsure if it worked that way afterlife. Could you sense someone else's pain from across whatever barrier or realm separated the two? Caedyn hadn't been one to study such things, preferring to go by his gut and what he believed, rather than approaching the subject as though it were a science.

"You can borrow his Holocron if you like?" He soon offered, not having realized that Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun hadn't known about it. It just wasn't something he had really considered. Caedyn hadn't been around when Lori had been with their father on Kashyyyk, he was still with the Je'daii at the time, yet Veiere had never voiced any resentment over the fact.

"Being a Jedi isn't for everyone Lori" He hoped to reassure her, "Some days I'm not even certain if it's where I should be, compared to where I've come from, but Dad never blamed you. I know that much" he smiled.

"Oh..." Well that made sense. Both their parents were Force Bonded together. No doubt that hung on after death in some way. She hoped that the two were together now, enjoying their eternity.

Caedyn Arenais offered for her to borrow the holocron, yet she shook her head. "It needs to be kept safe, just like Mom's things, and it won't be safe with me. Maybe if I was where it's being kept, I could try to use it there. But I don't know how. I'm not strong like the rest of you in such things." At least when it came to the Force. Hearing that their Dad didn't blame her gave her some comfort, however she was sure that he was disappointed. Maybe not always, but at some point. It wasn't easy for anyone to train her. She talked too much, asked too many questions and was reckless.

Being her oen boss was the way to go.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Well, it's currently kept tucked away safely on Commenor, at the Family Estate that I had rebuilt" Caedyn informed his Sister. That said, it wasn't going to be there for that much longer, as Mnemosyne seemed to be a much more subtle location and unaffiliated with House Arenais as far as the public was aware.

"I'm in the process of having everything transported to Mnemosyne, but between my duties as a Jedi, as well as everything else that's been going on, I've been a bit sidetracked" he admitted with a faint smile, lifting his head in a half nod, a roll of his eyes in sceptical disregard of himself.

"As far as activating the Holocron is concerned, you need only reach out to it with the Force to trigger it. From there the GateKeeper will be displayed...-It's basically a hologram of Dad, able to relay all the knowledge that he stored within it" Caedyn explained as they walked through the endless wilderness.

As of yet, the twins hadn't come across any sign of civilization, of any kind. Perhaps it was a good thing, meaning that the Eclipse Rebels could set up an Outpost there on Endor after-all, though given the history of the forest moon, he didn't exactly believe they could be so fortunate.

"I'm not sure I'm as strong as you give me credit for either. It's not exactly strength that carries me through, so much as it is faith. I believe in the Force, that it has a Will and purpose for me. I believe in the path I'm walking down, that it's the right thing to do...-But I'm not nearly as powerful a Jedi as Dad was" he grinned somewhat warily, glancing back at his Sister. Their Dad had been a well known Jedi Master once upon a time...-And as far as Caedyn believed, he was nowhere near the same league as Veiere had been.

"Well, I'll not take up too much of your time so that you can get things done that you need to." The last thing that Lori wanted was to keep Caedyn Arenais from doing something important. And moving was one of those things. That was the advantage to Lori not having a home. Her house was her ship and there was never any packing involved when it came to moving it. She hadn't lived in a house since....well, since they had to escape Commenor.

As he explained how to use the holocron, Lori wasn't so sure that it'd be easy for her to do. When it came to the Force, her confidence was next to zero. Except for the Force Light, which she usually used to help her in the dark, or as a type of flash bang against Imperial soldiers.

"Hey you're at least ten times stronger than me. At the very least. In everything. I don't have a purpose outside of getting under people's skin. I'm just fumbling my way through everything. You're just as shocked about me getting married as I am. I mean, no one would have suspected it. Yet even the Empire is using Curtis against me, masquerading as him for months. There was no difference between them and I saw them side by side! You can't believe how difficult it was to choose who I wanted to believe. I just hope that I chose the right one..." Ever since the realization that she had been duped came to be, Lori would spend her nights by herself going through everything that had happened in the day, questioning everything. And boy was that taxing on her.

Lori decided to change topics then, especially as there appeared to be an ewok villiage in the distance high up in the trees. "Oh look up there! We'll finally get to see some of the locals. I can't wait to hear their stories about defeating the Empire with rocks and sticks!"

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I don't know if I consider it to be strength at all" Caedyn replied as they walked, "Perseverance, certainly...-But you don't need to be a physically strong person to do what I do. You just have to believe in what you're doing. Sort of like how you are with the rebellion against the Eternal Empire" Caedyn pointed out. It wasn't so different from her own path, and the Force wasn't something that came only to the powerful figures known to stories or the holonet. Anyone could learn such things, providing they were Force Sensitive.

..What mattered most was that it was all used for the right reasons.

Caedyn looked up to where Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun was pointing, brows lifting as he did so, wondering what the Ewoks would be like compared to the Wookiees of Kashyyyk. He gave a half nod, acknowledging that he'd seen the village in the tree's, although seemed poised in thought and remaining silent for the time.

'Defeating the Empire with rocks and sticks'.

He blinked, turning back to look to his Sister with a soft laugh; "If it were possible to do-over, you'd be the one to find a way" he remarked with a broad grin. Lori obviously had technology in her life, far more than these creatures did, yet she was also one for pranks and setting up traps. The thought of her ambushing an Imperial and holding a wooden spear for a weapon was hilarious to him and would be something he'd have to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom