Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrorists in Metellos (Jedi Mission)

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Uther Weiss"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Kana Truden"]

250px-Metellos.jpg
"Well here we are. Metellos, an ecumenopolis just like Coruscant, albeit not as popular. There are hundreds of billions of people living here. The district that we are headed to for the mission is one of the most crowded places on the planet." Flint informed as the Republic transport they were onboard descended into the planet's polluted atmosphere. Their trip to Metellos had taken some time, especially because they had to go around the One Sith territory that had penetrated into Republic space. The Jedi Knight had been told that there was a group of armed pirates terrorizing the planet, and Flint had gathered up several Jedi to take on the mission to take them out.

"You'll have to be alert and watching out for one another once we land. We have limited data on what exactly we are up against." he began, speaking to his fellow Jedi gathered around him on the ship. "Recently in Metellos, a heavily armed, pro-anarchy group has begun terrorizing the populace, attempting to spread chaos and anarchy. Our mission will be to defeat the terrorists before they cause any further harm to the people, and arrest them to be put on trial." Flint informed, glancing sideways at the window, which gave them a glimpse of the immense urban scenery below. "Everyone, check to make sure you have your lightsaber and com with you. Anyone has questions? We will be landing very shortly. Upon arrival, we are going to split up to locate thsoe terrorists."

***OOC Notes:
This mission has been approved for go-ahead by our FL Kiskla Grayson.
For the purpose of giving everyone equal opportunity for interaction and gaining experience, I will be controlling all NPCs.
Please wait for your turn to post. (in other words, give others a chance to post)
If you have any questions or concerns, PM me anytime.
Most importantly, be creative and have fun!

It was like traveling back to Coruscant. The nagging bad feeling was still there as it always were. She didn’t quite know if it was her mind going back to Coruscant or if it simply was because this would be the first time that she’d be out doing something for the Order that very well could - and most likely would - involve violence. At least that’s what she came prepared for. Her black jumpsuit had been deemed the winner as to what she was bringing for this task and she quietly thanked the force that unlike last time she had no reason to carry a bag around.

Kana drummed at the top of her hilt and gave Flint an affirmative nod.

“What do we do when we find these terrorists?” It was a stupid question. “I don’t think they’ll be too keen on surrendering.”

[member="Flint Dexen"]

((Current Appearance))

[SIZE=11pt]Metellos, it was almost intoxicating sensing so many sentients crowded in one tiny area. The last official census he could pull up had placed the population count just shy of a trillion. As Dexen had stated, it was ecumenopolis, a mega city spanning the entire surface of the planet. To house so many required multiple layers of vertical construction that spanned several kilometers up into the atmosphere. Each layer could be considered a planet onto itself. A standard layout for a densely urbanized planet, but Metellos was noticeably grittier than Coruscant. Through the smog he could see it in large patches of urban blight that seemed to make up a huge swath of the landscape, and in the tension he felt from the hundreds of billions of people packed together like sardines. Another unique feature of the planet were the massive stratablocks to poke out from the rest of the ecumenopolis like giant obelisks. Home to the elites of Metellos, they essentially functioned as space-aged castles to protect and segregate the wealthy from their less fortunate brethren. Never had he seen such opulence and inequality so perfectly manifested.

Dexen admitted that he had limited information on the group of dissidents, other that they seemed to be well armed. As a veteran of several counter-terrorism operations and counter-insurgency campaigns, it didn’t sit well with him having such little details. That was a recipe for disaster, and they could end up escalating the situation by their ignorance of local affairs. For the crisis to be escalated to the attention of the Jedi, the local authorities had to know something about the group they proclaimed as terrorists. At this point, he definitely wouldn’t rule out that the authorities (the elites) were being dubious about the whole situation, spinning a more complex populist movement with legitimate grievances as being simple-headed anarchists that wanted to subvert the government for “freedumz”.

“Dexen, when we hit the ground, I want a detailed brief from their security chief about the situation and the group itself. I want to confirm that we’re not just here to be their bagmen. If possible, I would also like us to reach out to the leaders of this group directly. I want to figure out if this is a domestic grassroots movement, or if the dissidents are really just a Sith proxy to stoke tensions on Metellos.”

He desired a bloodless resolution to the crisis, but he had no issue with violence if the situation called for it. In an effort to blend in with the crowd, he was currently dressed in street clothes, lightly armed with a compact carbine, pistol, and a retractable estoc/pike. In addition to powered weapons, he also carried a stack of kunai, and a ring of needles on a bracelet under his left jacket sleeve. The kunai and needles could be physically flicked or manipulated with TK for devastating effect. In case things got hairy, he had his set of armor and full loadout stuffed in a repulsor-assisted footlocker. He had even packed another footlocker full of blasters for the rest of his lightsaber wielding party in case some decided to embrace the less elegant ranged solution.[/SIZE]

[member="Flint Dexen"]

Since Corvus had finished her self-imposed travelling around the galaxy – trying to run away from what was inevitable – she’d spent an awfully long time on Ossus. Some time on ships, a day on a planet here or there. Even the trip to Taboon was cut short. So the opportunity to visit Metellos was one she readily volunteered for.

Time in space hadn’t bothered her. There was always meditation and datapads and the like to study. Plus she had her trusty box of candles and ball-bearings.

Plus, she reflected, her missions off Ossus had primarily been humanitarian or research. Field-work like this was going to be a challenge.

Now she listened to Knight Flint’s briefing and the data he shared – or rather lack of it. Corvus liked information and being prepared. But in the absence of knowledge, at least she had the Force to rely on.

She listened to Kana’s questions – entirely valid.

Uther Weiss seemed more direct. That wasn’t a criticism, just an observation. She didn’t know him but that was par for the course on these missions – you always met new people.

[member="Flint Dexen"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

"Let's roll! Move it, boys!"

Staff Sergeant Foster banged the side of the armored personnel carrier, signalling for the driver that he was clear to drive off. Once the engines of the metal beast grumbled did he turn to face the member of third platoon. Most of them were seasoned veterans much like himself, like Hansen and Ramirez. Others, such as Rictus, Ethan, and Dravik, were the newbies and barely even knew how to put on foot in front of the other when rolling into battle. Luckily for them, they were part of the best regiment in the whole damned Republic Military.

"Alright, listen up," the Sergeant called out to the men slowly closing in on him, "We've got a terrorist operation afoot. Our current orders are to link up with a team from the Jedi Order and eliminate any opposition. Clear?" A few grunts of acknowledgement broke the silence while many others glanced at one another with the exact same thoughts in their minds: the Jedi. Of course they were used to warfare and battle, but it was one thing when your comrade was some glowstick wielding space mage. Even Marcus had barely served alongside them, but tales of their magical craft and swords were told everywhere he went.

"These Jedi boys gonna be able to keep up with us?" Hansen snickered. "Seems to me that they only pick and choose what assignments they want. They're prob'bly too soft for us grunts." A few of the other platoon members grinned at his question.

"Not too sure, man." Marcus admitted.

"Oh well. At least we brought enough firepower to bring down half of this planet." The marine hefted his light machine gun up and checked the sling.

"We've got this." One of the newbies chimed in. "Let's show these space wizards what we got."

To Marcus's surprise, the FNG wasn't berated for speaking out of line and was instead answered with nodding heads.

"Alright. You boys know the orders. Let's get to that rendezvous and wait for our friends."

"It'll be the only time we wait for them."

[member="Flint Dexen"], [member="Kana Truden"], [member="Uther Weiss"], [member="Corvus Raaf"]

While the others spoke to voice questions and concerns, Peradun remained quiet and still in his seat, legs spaced apart in a relaxed stance, arms crossed, and mouth set into an inexpressive line. It was a holdover from his still very recent days as a soldier who rarely had questions, not because he didn't question what was happening, nor due to blind acceptance - rather from the experience of various situations and being able to extrapolate what might possibly happen because of it; theoretical considerations that were confirmed or denied once the situation could be better appraised from within.

He was far from the only one maintaining silence while Flint Dexen, Kana Truden, and Uther Weiss said their pieces - Corvus Raaf was just as quiet, just as observant, and this was the third foray that they had both participated in, and somehow neither of them knew the other any better for it. That, if anything, was an anomaly. One that might or might not be rectified at some point in the future.

During the time in-between these missions, he had built that lightsaber with the violet blue crystal he'd acquired on Rhen Var, and the aspects of his 'personal' life (if a Jedi had such a thing) had improved in some ways, though not as much in others, but all in all that was for the best. Mara couldn't be forced to continue on for a cause she no longer believed in, and he would be lying if he said it didn't make him wonder if there was something he wasn't seeing... but if he wasn't having the same misgivings (he wasn't) then what was there to worry about?

Nothing, and life went on. The universe turned, and waited for no-one. Not him, not Avalore, or Mara, or Michael.

[member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Marcus Foster"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Flint Dexen"]​

It may have been the Force or just knowing people, but Corvus was aware that Meeristali was a Jedi that she knew of but couldn't say she actually knew - and she was sure he felt the same.

Often in the same place, rarely in the same space. She leaned over to him, "I see you finished your saber in the end. Sorry I ran out on you all. It was...a testing time for me."

"So, what are your thoughts on this mission?"

[member="Meeristali Peradun"]

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Uther Weiss"]

Naturally, with the very low amount of information that Flint was able to provide, those onboard were curious to know more. The first question came from [member="Kana Truden"], and it was a good one too. “What do we do when we find these terrorists? I don’t think they’ll be too keen on surrendering.” "Chances are, they will be armed with lethal weapons. And probably want to kill you. These terrorists have already proven themselves capable of murder. Even so, you should try not to kill unless your situation is desperate. Just knock them out unconscious, and the police will come around to arrest them. Just remember that our mission here is to arrest those criminals, not necesarily execute them." Flint stated. Killing, as Flint had learned it, was not the Jedi way. Flint had brought his fellow Jedi on this mission to arrest these criminals and restore peace to the city, not to bloody their hands.

“Dexen, when we hit the ground, I want a detailed brief from their security chief about the situation and the group itself. I want to confirm that we’re not just here to be their bagmen. If possible, I would also like us to reach out to the leaders of this group directly. I want to figure out if this is a domestic grassroots movement, or if the dissidents are really just a Sith proxy to stoke tensions on Metellos.” Flint turned to face the man in street clothes who had spoken. "Police have confirmed already that these aren't Sith proxies. These terrorists are anarchists and radical activists, who are fed up with corrupt politics and poor government leadership. Local police forces have been insufficient and incapable in dealing with them. At this point, police will be the ones aiding us in arresting the terrorists, not the other way around. We also have Staff Sergeant [member="Marcus Foster"] and his platoon teaming up with us on our mission." Flint informed the group, hoping that had clarified some things.

There was a beeping sound coming from Flint's datapad, and after a few seconds squinting at the newly updated information, Flint had a couple of more things he could now tell his group. "Alright, some updated information. The Metellos police force has uncovered a plan for a series of terror attacks that the terror group had planned for today at this particular city district. This will be our chance to capture the terrorists, and hopefully prevent the planned attacks while we are at it." Flint said, as he tapped a few times on his datapad to relay the new info to Foster and his platoon.

"Any more questions?"

"I understand," and that was all he said for her apology. He understood, his own analogue being that of the time between leaving his home, and coming to be with the Jedi. The journey had been purposely indirect. "I heard you've been knighted recently, Corvus. Congratulations."

To that, he offered a mild smile, turning his head slightly to look sidelong at her. Corvus was good people, and seemed to be a good Jedi. Her advancement was far from a surprise. At her question, his lips pursed vaguely, and he considered the information for a good minute or two before giving an answer, as Knight Dexen was passing on an important update - they were now on a timetable, and that upped the ante considerably.

"At least moderately experienced murderers, armed and lacking hesitance to kill?" He blinked, turning his head fully to Raaf this time, and leaning a bit towards her, himself. His tail loped around, coming to a rest in his lap. "I recommend, if possible, stealth, the element of surprise and... the purging of doubt and overconfidence within one's self. They can interfere with objectivity, and so on."

In business, Meeristali was usually a man of few words, straight and to the point.

"Now, if a weapon must be used and you're trying not to be seen or heard, I wouldn't suggest a lightsaber," and then the volume of his voice dropped, to unnecessarily secretive levels, "they're noisy."

A somewhat amused smile could vaguely be heard in the rolling spice of his voice.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Kana nodded in approval of [member="Flint Dexen"]'s plan and even more so at the inclusion of the army. The jedi were capable but the army's expertise covered areas that was another world apart from the one jedi were used to. A mix of both could be nothing but a recipe for success. Thought Kana has to admit it wasn't until she had first held a blaster in her hands that she had come to appreciate the work of soldiers. Their training was almost as rigorous - if not more so - than a jedi's yet they too could accomplish just as many wonders if the right man was put in charge.

As she overheard the whispers between [member="Meeristali Peradun"] and [member="Corvus Raaf"] a small smirk grew on Kana's lips.

"What you mean besides the cozy glow and the way it radiates it's presence on my belt?" Kana's smirk grew a bit wider before dying down. "I hear you though. If each of us could get a hold of a blaster, even if just a small one, then I think we'll have an easier time blending in."

[member="Uther Weiss"] [member="Marcus Foster"]

Corvus looked at Kana as if she had two heads. The thought of using a blaster was alien to her and - to be honest - she'd never even picked one up before. But, Corvus reflected, that didn't make her right and anyone else wrong.

"No-can-do-blasters. Sorry. I'll just have to improvise."

[member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Flint Dexen"] | [member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Marcus Foster"]

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Kana Truden"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Uther Weiss"] [member="Marcus Foster"]

*OOC Notes: I feel as if I gave you guys very little content-wise to RP about on my last post, so here's some action to get us going for real.^^

---NPC:

Two Trandoshans were standing side by side on top of one of Metellos's many skyscrapers, one holding a weapon that resembled a rocket launcher of some sort, and the other carefully scanning the horizon with an electrobinocular. Suddenly, the reptilian humanoid with the binocular let out an excited hiss, before nudging his comrade. The Trandoshan pointed off into the distance, and the Trandoshan holding the missile launcher was able to see after a few seconds the outline of the Republic vessel. "There. Jedi scum." one of the Trandoshans said to the other. The Jedi had arrived, just as they had anticipated. The Jedi were here, no doubt, to put a halt to their demonstrations. With a quick nod, the first Trandoshans started speaking into his communication device, while the second Trandoshan carefully aimed his launcher. After waiting a few seconds for his weapon to lock onto its target, the reptilian terrorist then fired. The anarchists refused to let the Jedi stop all the great excitements that the terror group had planned out for today.

---Flint:

Flint detected it through the Force. Other Jedi onboard the ship had probably felt it too. They were in immediate danger. Before Flint could even reach for the cockpit controls, however, their ship was hit. The ship engine's continuous hum was abruptly disrupted by a loud blast following an explosion at the rear of the ship. Whoever had shot at them had successfully taken out the ship's engine. Immediately, the ship began plummeting downwards. At most, they had around a few dozen seconds before they hit the ground.

There was now a giant gaping hole on part of their ship, and the urban landscape of Metellos was clearly visible through it. "Go! Go! Go!" Flint yelled over the wind and roar of the engines, literally trying to shove those around him out of the ship. They were still fairly high up in the air, but most of the Jedi present, being the trained Force-Users they were, could probably survive the fall one way or another. "Get out! We'll regroup on the ground!" the Jedi Knight shouted once more.

Making sure everyone onboard had jumped out, Flint rushed to the controls. He was not so sure about how much he could control the ship's fall, but he was determined to minimize civilian casualties. Flame was now engulfing one part of the ship, while pieces of metal began falling out near where the rocket had hit. Flint pulled desperately on the throttles as the ship continued hurling towards the ground.

Hopefully his colleagues would survive this ordeal, with no major injuries.

Corvus couldn't have been at the Academy on the day they practised jumping out of a ship and landing without injury. It was logical to exit the burning vessel but as she plummeted to the ground, she considered her options. Quickly.

Protection Bubble might work - but she didn't know how. Force Shield perhaps? Same as before. She had to work with what she knew. Force Jumping was pretty much second nature and although she'd not chosen to jump quite this high before, the process was broadly similar, wasn't it?

So she imagined she had leaped to this height and was merely going to land again. Very hard.

She hit the ground and did all the things she usually did. But at the last moment she forgot to trust in the Force and overthought it, trying to do a fancy forward roll on landing and springing up to her feet. She managed the first part but the forward roll was followed by two or three more and fortunately a nearby wall broke her momentum. Bouncing up - as if this was all part of the plan, she tested her limbs gingerly. Nothing broken. Nothing sprained. Just a badly wounded pride.

So she set off to see how the others had fared.

[member="Flint Dexen"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Marcus Foster"]

The freefall was like falling through the windows at the temple all over again. The same fear for her life reemerged as she uncontrollably plummeted towards the ground once more. Her panic grew for each passing moment as the backdrop became less of the sky and more skyscraper facades. What was she supposed to do?

“Belief. Pure and simple.” A familiar echo from way back. ”All we have to do now is believe we can land!”

Kana just had to believe it. She wasn’t going to die as long as she could believe in the landing. Remaining calm she kept her eyes shut and put her faith into it. Opening her mind to the force she could sense the ground rapidly approaching, but it was coming way sooner than she had thought. A splash was heard followed by the muted voices of people in panic and then, silence followed by darkness.

She hadn’t landed on the ground. She had landed in a pool of water at the top of one of the smaller skyscrapers. Not that Kana would know, with the realization that she was in fact alive she had passed out in exhaustion. The others dragged her out of the pool but for now Kana remained in an unconscious state.

((Until next time it’s my time to give the posting thing a swing at the bat again.))

[ [member="Flint Dexen | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Marcus Foster"] ]

He hadn't been at the academy the day they'd covered jumping out of ships either - at least not the Jedi academy. Prior to his time with the Jedi, some paratrooper training and a little BASE jumping had been included overall in his various sessions of training, from the beginning, and here and there over the subsequent years... but that had been with a parachute, or other aid. Here, he only had his body and the Force. If there was no way to slow his descent to the ground, then perhaps there might be a way to break his fall. If there was anything he had learned to do over the years, it was to improvise, and improvise he did, with only the faith that it might work and no prior testing to prove it.

That was his process of thought as he tumbled from the burning vessel, and began hurtling to the ground, applying his prior military training and at his judgement of the right moment and the right distance from the ground, the Felacatian applied a series of Force Pushes at first, stretching out the dregs of his descent by a small margin, before switching to as hefty an application of levitation as he could manage, slowing and coming to a stop a mere six inches off the ground and a few kilometres east of Corvus Raaf's position, as he would soon find out.

Then like having a rug pulled out from under him, he released the levitation and thudded face first onto the ground - about as much as one could thud from half-a-foot off, even considering his own size and weight. Nonetheless, Peradun groaned, and picked himself up off the ground, checking himself over and assuring that his recently-built 'saber was still attached to his belt. Smoothing out his vêtements, he put out feelers in the Force, finding nothing familiar in the first, cursory level of his sense. So then he pushed outward, feeling further, perhaps taxing the edge of his sense, slightly - it would need more work, but he came into the knowledge that Raaf was nearby, and... getting closer. He could track her by scent, but his abilities in the Force would only become stronger through use.

So he moved towards her progressively changing position, gathered from his sensory search. Perhaps together, they could gather the others.
[member="Flint Dexen"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Marcus Foster"] | [member="Kana Truden"]​

Corvus quickly sensed Kana and knew they were on an intersecting trajectory. She scanned the area, using Force Sight and sensing for any Light sided auras. There was a faint presence, clearly eminating from way outside her usual range - but strong enough to register. This, she surmised, was either Flint, Uther or Meeristali. But for now, that was all she could sense.

[member="Flint Dexen"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Uther Weiss"] | [member="Marcus Foster"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom