Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Teaching Resilience (Elpsis)

Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan
Things had changed a lot.

The last time Phylis had been to Tygara, and specifically the Underealm, it was still in its deep transition from early industrial to galactic modern. There had been signs of change then, but it was nothing compared to now.
Now as her ship had passed through the atmosphere - transmitting security clearance to the Firemane fighter screen - she was greeted by a new voice.
"Incoming ship, this is Tlaxqui Command, please state your business."
She could tell that the speaker was a Xioquo. There was something intriguing about the way they spoke Basic.
"Tlaxqui, this is Jedi Master Phylis Alince, hmm. I have been summoned by her Majesty." She activated her code clearance.
A pause. "Acknowledged, Master Alince, please proceed to Bay 4, transmitting coordinates. A welcoming party will meet you."
"Thank you."

So professional. Were it not for the accent it'd be like any planetary docking authority.
As her ship descended the changes were even more evident. Previously she'd had to land outside and enter the physical gates. Now she could see that the very mountains above the Xioquo city had been shaped. Docking bays had been cut in the stone, landing pads smoothed out, defences and gun batteries emplaced to thwart attackers.
Putting her ship onto auto pilot she was guided steadily to a landing bay. Inside was only one other ship, a freighter of some kind, but room for more. Droids and Xio bustled around, and as her ship came in to land she saw a small group arrive via a turbolift and wait.

Phylis powered down the ship and stood, stretching. "Six-nine, watch the ship for me. Should be safe." There was a pair of beeps which sounded skeptical. "No, that's a terrible thing to say. The Queen asked me here personally. I'm sure it's fine."
She paused as something skittered up her back. She retrieved the rat and petted it. "No Nibbles, stay here. Hmm, shouldn't be too long." She gently put the rat onto the table and headed down the steps for the entrance.

It was cold in the open hanger, but the Jedi Master wore her robes, though the change in temperature did make her cough slightly. The trio of Xioquo bowed politely to her, and their leader approached.
"Welcome, Mistress Alince, a pleasure. I am Vara'Ximal." Her Basic was excellent and almost completely unaccented. She extended a hand which Phylis took.
"Hmm, please, just Phylis. Pleased to meet you, Ximal," she said. The Xio family name was first, so Ximal was her given name.
"As you wish, Phylis. I have been instructed by her Majesty to welcome you and take you to your quarters. Her Majesty will meet you tomorrow morning. These are my comrades Zaardi and Nishta." The two others bowed again politely. One male, one female, a small thing, but progress in the matriarchal Xio society.
"Nice to meet you all. It's been a few years since I've been back - a lot has changed from above."
"Yes, a lot has changed," Ximal said, guiding her towards the elevator whilst the others went ahead to summon it. "Things do improve. I feel we are in a better place, Miss...Phylis...but there is still progress to made. And with you?"
Phylis sighed. "The galaxy is in turmoil still. Armies and nations fight over the spoils. The Jedi are...fragmented." She frowned. "Fractious," she added. For her this was quite a condemnation. "I was glad when the Queen summoned me, gave me an excuse to come here. I have been meaning to come back here to finish work on my book."
"You are a writer as well as a Jedai?" Ximal asked curiously.
"Well, yes, mainly about rather academic matters, but this might be something of interest for your people. I am cataloguing the use of the Force's elemental nature. It is not common for Jedi or Sith, and it is a curious matter I am interested in."
"I am sure her Majesty will be happy to assist with anything you may wish. The outside is curious to us as well."
"Might I say your Basic is very good. Almost perfect, actually."
The lift arrived. Ximal smiled knowingly. "I've had a lot of chances to practice...interactions...."

Phylis Alince Phylis Alince

Meeting with your boss was always awkward. Especially if they were at the top of the ladder. Or at least close to it. As far as CEO's offices went, Kaylah's was understated. Everything was neat and tidy. A portrait of Siobhan Kerrigan hung on the wall. "Have you ever been to the Underealm, Elpsis?" The woman they called the 'lady regent' asked, seated behind her orderly desk.
"No, ma'am." Elpsis would rather be back on the Forge. Or anywhere that was not the Arx.
"It's a remarkable place. The way it's evolved is nothing short of spectacular," Kaylah commented. "You'll have the opportunity now. You leave in a day."
"Why?"
"Call it a good will trip as interim head of House Kerrigan-Alcori. You'll meet the Queen, a few dignitaries, some Seekers and the Daughters."
"You want diplomacy, send a diplomat." Elpsis could feel irritation rising inside her. "I've got real work to do."

Kaylah's expression was unimpressed, unwavering. "This wasn't a polite request, Elpsis. Just a week ago, our doctors had to amputate your leg and graft a replacement on to you. You're still convalescing. Fact is you're no use on the battlefield, but you can be of use to Firemane on another front. A few days of making nice with the natives is a minor sacrifice to make. It's not like I'm sending you to a ball hosted by Semiramis."

"You may have the opportunity to reconnect with some old friends," Shazora said a bit more warmly, smiling slightly at the human. Unlike Kaylah, she wore traditional Qadiri robes rather than a women's business suit. "I believe your penchant for...practical diplomacy may play well with the Xio. They know aristocrats who use flowery language to mask their conceit all too well. Treat it like your interactions with the Tephriki friends. Set up some cross-training exercises, strengthen ties with the local orders on the way."

Elpsis deflated a bit, but still looked grumpy. "Fine. But no fanfare, and I'm not wearing a gala uniform full of medals."
"I have more important things to do than care much about your satorial choices. Wear a proper uniform, look respectable, and I'll be satisfied. We'll assign some staff to you. After that, you'll visit Suqua."
"Sounds like you had this all planned out."
Kaylah gave her a look. "I do. It's why I'm sitting in this chair."
"I guess it's no coincidence that one's city ruled by my mother, the other has weirdos who've been duped into thinking she's a goddess."

"You're a smart girl, Elpsis. Both are inhabited by people who look to your family for protection. I've prepared a briefing for the present situation in Tlaxqui," Shazora passed a datapad over. "You'll find it's in braille. The Queen is a trusted ally of Firemane, and has made a, I believe, sincere effort to make amend for her people's crimes. But there are many Xioquo matriarchs and even some commoners who'd eagerly take up the whip if given the opportunity, so be on your guard." For just a moment the mask faded, and there was a flicker of distaste on her expression, before it had vanished. "I'm sure you'll do well."

Elpsis took the offered datapad. "I tend to get suspicious when bigshots are nice to me, ma'am. They only do that when they want something." She glanced over at Kaylah. "Thought you'd be sitting in my mother's office?"
"Your mother's not dead." Yet, Elpsis mentally added, but said nothing. "I'm just her steward, keeping things in order until she returns or...passes away. Besides, our taste in interior decoration is far too different."
Rising to her feet, Shazora walked over and patted Elpsis' flesh arm slightly. "Come with me, dear. We can go over some matters..."

Last edited:

The journey down was pleasant, though there was muzak filtering in. It seemed the Xio had picked up some of the less pleasant aspects of galactic culture!
The elevator came to a stop and opened, revealing a large room with passenger and cargo turbolifts leading upwards. Xio along with the occasional Eldorai or Qadiri bustled about.
"So I take it you're a seeker?" Phylis asked as they headed out.
"I am, as are my two companions," Ximal replied.
"And you are strong with the Force too," she commented, half to herself.
"I am. I was good at hiding it when I was younger, I knew what happened to those the Dark Sisters took away. Those that survived were...different."
"I am glad you didn't experience their, hmm, training," Phylis replied feelingly.

They headed out and soon were in the giant cavern of Tlaxqui. It stretched near as far as the eye could see and nearly two hundred metres high, now lit with dim electric lights. Once the Xio had relied on gas lamps or just their people's dark vision, but now the lights were on every corner. Many of the buildings had been rebuilt, and even a few towers grew in the centre, reaching for the sky.
"This has come on nicely since I was last here. That was, hmm, just after the war."
"Yes, much has changed. Structures have been rebuilt, technology has been constructed. People...do not always change."
"I am guessing there are some who resent that the old ways have been...excised?"
"Indeed. When the old Mistresses fell many of their allies and minions were spared punishment. If we punished every Xio which had profited from the old days...few would be left."
"You are wise not to pursue vengeance. But I sense you feel some got away with their crimes?"
Ximal paused. "Her Majesty did all she could. Most were punished, the worst ones. Or they fled."

They neared one of the towers, a nicely built one which had a hotel sign for the 'Palladium Lodge' brand, a high quality establishment.
As they entered, Ximal spoke to the receptionist and soon came back with a key.
"Room 719, Mistress. All expenses have been paid. There is 'galaxy food' downstairs or Xio cuisine too. If you wish to see the sights I can organise a guide. And if you're interested in a companion I can direct you to a good one of any race and gender you prefer."
Phylis blinked slightly at the last. "Ah...no companion, thank you. I would like to try some Xio food, I remember enjoying mushroom pies."
"Yes, they are very good here. Here is my commpad number. I will come and collect you at 09:00 tomorrow."
"Very good, may the Force be with you."
"May the Light bless you, Mistress Jedi," Ximal said, bowing and turning, her companions following suit.

Phylis headed to the internal lift and swiftly found herself in her room. It was like any other hotel one might visit, though this one had a view of the Underealm.

Meanwhile, a very different party was making its way through the giant cavern. "So this is it. The lair of darkness from where the Dark Ladies plotted to subjugate all Tygara," Hazani Jai Bysara commented, taking in the sights with a critical eye.
"It is not what I expected," Zhaleh said. Whereas Hazani's eyes conveyed suspicion, she looked at the buildings and the crowds of Xio with curiosity.
"I know," a third voice said. For a woman Nyssa Vykaris had a very deep voice. "I was promised skull pyramids. I should sue for false advertising. Mayhaps the pilot was mistaken and sent us to the wrong Tlaxqui."

Their Xioquo minder shot the Pureblood a withering look. "There were never any skull pyramids. And we no longer practice such barbaric rites. We have stamped out the old ways," Naxi'Xiarda stated. Tall and well-built, she was dressed in the armour of a Banisher of the Night.
"Because you were beaten," Hazani opined. "The enlightenment came to pass because it was forced."

"We committed terrible crimes - my own house included. Not the least against our own people. Crimes we strive to remember and make amends for...unlike some. I could ask similar about the Qadiri. Was it not the Lady Sahali who gave all of House Sassanal, down to the last child, to the flames?"
Hazani looked at her coldly. "She ended a war. The city was spared. If it had been the Xioquo, they would've butchered everyone in it."
"Ladies," Elpsis interjected sharply.

"Right, girls, you heard the fire phoenix. I mean, who on this planet hasn't done a little slaving and murdering?" Nyssa asked rhetorically. "I mean, except the Vash. Too busy picking flowers. Your people fought each again and again. Now you're 'at peace'. No doubt the humans like it that you're still nursing grudges. Lets them play 'peacemaker'. Keeps them in control."

"You speak as if you stand apart from them. Yet you serve these humans," the Xio paladin observed.
Nyssa shrugged. "I get paid to make their acolytes less useless and fight their foes."
"How mercenary of you." The Xio glanced at Elpsis. "Your order accepts all manners of strange characters. Even scheming dark ones." There was no hiding the distaste in her voice.
"The only thing Nyssa schemes about is getting into my pants. It's about as subtle as a brick," Elpsis said dryly. "Hazani, has Nazar'Xilae ever given you any cause for complaint?"
"No, ma'am, he has not," Hazani said without hesitation.
"And he hates the old system, right?"
"Yes. The way the matriarchs treated their males was dreadful."

"When I was younger, my tribe fought a battle with the Xio. We just wanted to live in peace, and they came to enslave us," Zhaleh spoke up. "My father died. I hated your people for a long while. Then I came across stranded Xio who were risking their lives to help some of my people in the harsh winter. Something many southron Qadiri would not have done for us. And now our clans are one."

"Thanks Zhaleh," Elpsis spoke. "It's always the people on the bottom suffering. Doesn't matter who's holding the whip - Xio, Qadiri, human." She looked at Xiarda. "Never been here before, but I know folks who fought in the battle, and I got some Xio friends. I'm happy to see you people are doing better."
"We claw our way out of the chasm. It is a difficult path, but all things worthwhile are." The band of misfits approached the power Phylis had just acquired accommodations in. "Your rooms are here," Xiarda declared.
"Place where all the bigshots stay at?"
"Yes. Matriarchs, merchants, dignitaries."
Elpsis shook her head. "That ain't for me. Sorry. I can give you the money back if it's already been paid. I'll stay at the barracks if that's fine."

Last edited:
Phylis had spent a few minutes examining the hotel room. It was very nice, but she wasn't really used to this sort of luxury.

The best that could be said was that she was someone who was adaptive to circumstances. When she had visited the Vashyada she had spent time in a treetop house in a distant settlement as part of her investigations. In other locations a bare tent on the hard ground had been her home on many a dig.

Now having examined the room she stretched. She wasn't tired or hungry, so she figured she might go and see the sights. There was…something…close. A familiar presence she couldn't quite place. Thus resolved, the Jedi headed for the door. She'd been offered a guide but figured she could find her own way around, at least just in the centre of the city.

A few moments later she emerged from the reception, nodding to the concierge on the way out. It was then, as she headed into the perpetual twilight of the Underealm that the presence and the voice came clearer to her. Now she remembered who it was!

She saw a small group congregating on the street corner and headed that direction. A human, two Qadiri and…a pureblood Sith. Interesting, but she had met this person before, though briefly. There was also a Xio there, a familiar one too. Still her eyes were on the redhaired human.

She approached. "Elpsis? Is that you?" she asked politely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xiarda considered this. "That is fine. There should be space at the 7th Station of the Seekers. Your companions will join you?"
"I'm a Sistren of the Flame, I have no need of baubles. Just give me a room and space to train," Hazani responded. "I would see your Seekers for myself."
"It's not bother for me. I have a friend from the old days who lives there. I'll catch up with her," Zhaleh added. Having grown up in the cold north, she was not used to luxurious suites.
"Not worried my 'dark aura' will taint the hallowed ground? Or I'll seduce an acolyte away from the Light?" Nyssa asked sardonically.
"We built the barracks upon a tainted land we reclaimed for the Light," Xiarda said flatly. "We confront the darkness day after day. Your aura, however much you may boast of it, is a trifle compared to that. And you'll be surrounded by paladins."
Nyssa glanced at Elpsis. "I like her. A lightsider with a spine. Truly an exotic specimen."

Elpsis would have said something, but her attention was diverted by an unexpected newcomer. She had first met Phylis many years ago on Tash-Taral. She'd run into her a few times since when the Jedi happened to meet Siobhan, but their encounters had been sporadic. Much had changed since then.

Elpsis' face was severely scarred. Some of the scars themselves were aglow like embers. A slight limp to her gait indicated her cybernetic leg. Her left arm was a visible prothesis. Strangely, both seemed to manifest a fiery aura in the Force. "Phylis, what are you doing here?"
"Should be obvious," Nyssa opined gruffly. "Applying for asylum from conclave XXXV."
"Jedai Mistress Alince, greetings," Xiarda said, inclining her head slightly. "Your trip was pleasant?"

Last edited:
Phylis gave the Sith pureblood a frowning look. "Hmmph, no I sharn't be going to that, thank you," she said primly.

She had been so focussed on Elpsis that she only now noticed the Xio in the mix. "Xiarda! So good to see you again! You are, hmm, being the official welcomer?"

She looked over the two Qadiri. She did not know them, but they wore Firemane uniforms and so she could assume they like Nyssa were from Elpsis' unit.

Elpsis though. If things had changed in Tlaxqui they had definitely changed for Siobhan's adopted daughter. Just glancing at her confirmed the tales she had heard and the news stories she had seen. Her left arm was clearly a prosthetic and an alchemised one if she was any judge. A leg injury, perhaps a cybernetic replacement judging by the aura. Scars etched the younger woman's face.

"Hmm, well, I'm here to meet the Queen tomorrow. She wished to see me about some matters. How about you? How's your mothers? Is Sio still…recumbent?" she asked.

"I…it's good to see you. It's been a long time. A lot's happened, are you here for long?"

"Yes, and to ensure there's no trouble," Xiarda remarked. She was not at all throwing a side-glance at the Sith Pureblood. These Firemane people had no standards. "Maybe we shall have the chance to catch up later during your stay."

"Few days," Elpsis responded simply. "Sioban is...." It took her a moment to figure out what recumbent meant. "Yes. She's supposed to recover soon, or so I'm told. She's got good doctors. Well, they get paid a lot." Probably not the most politic thing to say, but she didn't particularly care. "Tegs is...alright. Doing her thing."

Deciding to move to terrain she was more comfortable with, she indicated Hazani and Zhaleh. "That's Sergeant Hazani Jai Bysara, daughter of Sahali Jai Bysara of the Sistren of the Flame, and Private Zhaleh Jai Bijana, daughter of Sadirah Jai Bysara of the Zaldarni." Elpsis had spent enough time among the Qadiri to know they valued lineage a lot.

Last edited:
"I hope we do, Xiarda, there is a lot, hmm, I want to discuss with you. I have some new techniques we can practice." If it sounded like innuendo it was unintentional as Phylis was completely oblivious to that sort of thing.

"I am glad to hear that, Elpsis. If you want me to take a look when I'm passing by there next, you only need ask. I've had some experience with these cases. I have, hmm, put in applications to the Board, but they have been rejected. I am sure they know what they are doing...." Her skeptical tone of voice suggested otherwise.

"Honour to your ancestors and family, I greet you as a friend. I am Phylis, daughter of Livia," Phylis said to the two Qadiri in pretty flawless Amikarese Zandri. It was only natural that the Jedi Master was a bit of a linguist too.

These introductions done, she looked back to Elpsis. "Might we have a word, dear? In private? Or if you're busy we can meet later."

Unlike the Jedi, Xiarda was not chaste. She regarded it as strange. However, unlike some people, she didn't see sexual innuendo in every innocuous comment, and was not oversexed in general. "I would like that," she said politely.
"Sure they do," Elpsis muttered cynically in regards to the Board. She didn't like them, she didn't trust them, she knew they were using her. But there were few people to turn to. She didn't consult Tegs when she had to make decisions as 'interim house head'.
Hazani had been listening to the brief exchange very attentively. The tidbits about Lady Kerrigan had aroused her interest. But then an expression of surprise crossed her features when the Jedai addressed them in almost flawless Zandri.

"I greet you, Mistress Jedai. Honour to you, your clan and ancestores," she responded in kind. She didn't know much about Jedai, save that they were a fractious cult of magi whose Zari was strong and had some truly bizarre beliefs.
"A Jedai?" Zhaleh exclaimed. "Like Laira Darkhold?" she blushed, realising that she might have been rude. "Greetings and good tidings to you, Mistress Jedai. May Kashara's blessings be upon you."

"Sort of like Laira. More senior though," Elpsis said with a glance at Zhaleh. She gave Phylis a nod. "Sure...we can chat." She looked at her companions. "You can go ahead. I'll find my way to the barracks when I'm done."
"Right. Have fun with your date with the Jedi. When you want some real fun, you know who to call..." Nyssa briefly ran her flesh hand down Elpsis' back, then turned. "Come on, ladies."
"I'll let the guard on duty know you'll be coming," Xiarda stated.

Last edited:
Phylis smiled at the Qadiri. "May Kashara and her Light bless you." To Zhaleh she nodded and said. "Yes, there are many kinds of Jedi. She is one and so am I."
The others dispersed. She shared a final nod with Xiarda and the Xio led the visitors away.

Soon she was left with Elpsis. Phylis rubbed her chin thoughtfully.
"I heard on the news that you'd been in battle again, lost a leg. I can sense its power, your arm too. Might I examine it? Sorry if that's a, hmm, impertinent request. It feels alchemised. As you know I'm always interested in such things, even if they are from more...traditional...sources. A glance towards Nyssa as the Sith Pureblood departed.

"The other thing is that I wanted to setup a little interview with you. I'm writing a book on elemental Force use, and you are a very good case study I feel. An example of a human who has, hmm, mostly self taught and mastered an elemental ability. There is a considerable number of my peers and others who feel that elemental variance of the Force is a rare phenomena, but the key thesis of my work is that this is not correct."
She frowned, realising she'd lapsed into academic mode.

"Not tonight, obviously, but maybe when you're done tomorrow we can sit down for a chat? Won't take more than say 20 minutes. You can review anything I record of course."

Elpsis gave the Jedi a frowning look. "It's not a Sith artefect. Nyssa's my friend," she stated. "But sure if you want. And if you want me to chat about throwing fireballs around, cool. Got lots of stuff to do tomorrow. Meet the queen, Firemane's resident, Seekers and Mother's fan club, but I'll slot you in. Should be better than being interviewed for another agitprop movie."

She'd adopted the word 'agitprop' from her Tephriki friends. It seemed apt to her. No, she wasn't bitter about Firemane's insistence to use her as a propaganda tool to make themselves look good. "Why do you wanna help mother?"

Phylis waved a hand. "Yes, of course. Fascinating work though." She gently lifted the mechanical arm and studied it closely, passing a hand over it, causing Elpsis to feel a slight tingle.
"Hmm, well I know you want to get back to your companions but I would love to examine it a bit closer tomorrow after the interview."

A pause. "Why? Hmmph, why not!" she smiled slightly. "But jokes aside, I try to help everyone I can, especially as I have experience in this field. Not everyone can or should be helped. I do not take it as my duty to save people who have shown their vile and evil ways on people. Sith, slavers, murderers, I cannot help them with a good conscience. Your mother though? She has done many things I do not agree with. She has killed and profiteered and used the Dark Side to dominate others. But, she has been a relentless enemy of oppression, slavery, the Sith and has helped uplift the people of Tygara to the stars. No one is perfect, Elpsis, I'm not, you're not, your mother is not. But, she deserves my attention if you would let me have it."

"I may not be able to help her, I am not expecting her to, hmm, wake up as soon as I arrive to flirt with me again. But it cannot make her position worse, so I say to you as I said to your advisors...why not at least try?"

She sighed. "And because, despite our differences, our many differences in opinion and goals and means...I consider her a friend. We've known each other a long time, and I think this is not the way she deserves to go out. Bringing down another roof on top of a Sith legion like she did on Roche perhaps, or more to her taste, of a heart attack in bed with some of her 'maids'. But...I guess even if I can't help I'd like to see her one last time."

Elpsis looked a bit surprised by Phylis' suddenly launching into a speech. "No...she doesn't deserve that," she shook her head, sighing. "You really do miss her, don't you? Alright, you can go see her. I visit her when I'm on the Arx. Tell her all the stuff...doesn't matter," she trailed off, unwilling to continue this train of thought.

She would not admit weakness. "Anyway, since I'm already here, wanna check my robo bits out now? Not here on the streets. Can go to your room if you want." Though it might appear otherwise, Elpsis was not trying to make a pass at the Jedi.

Phylis sighed. "I do...but never tell her that. Her smugness will be unbearable!" she said with a smile.
"But...she's one of the last tethers I have to the past, the old days of hope and promise of the first Galactic Republic. Now those days seem like another lifetime ago. But yes, if you can get me in, I would appreciate it."

Phylis would have been oblivious even if Elpsis had been making a pass. Instead she nodded eagerly.
"Yes, that might be for the best. I won't take much of your time, but you're welcome to stay for dinner if you wish."

They headed inside, and Phylis was conscious of the looks the concierge and reception was giving her. She frowned, and when they saw her looking at them they returned to her duties. The Jedi knew of Elpsis' reputation and status as daughter of Siobhan Kerrigan, so she figured it was more eyes on the redhead than her.

The room was as she had left it. She removed her top robe and hung it up. Along with a small duffel bag she had nothing other than what she wore and carried.
"Right, let me see that arm of yours." From the bag she produced a couple of small tools and a magnifying lens almost like a monocle. She also produced a datapad to make notes on.

Elpsis, being blind, could not see the looks members of the hotel staff and the occasional guest was giving them. She could sense they had people's attention though. She paid them no mind. In any event, they soon reached Phylis' room. The hotel had once been the property of a matriarch whose assets had been seized after the downfall, and the luxurious accommodations reflected this.

Elpsis dropped the duffel bag she had been carrying, then took off her uniform jacket. At least this one did not feel like velvet and she didn't accidentally tear out buttons. That done she removed her shirt. She still had a vest and a sports bra beneath it. "Lotta rubble dropped on it on Bastion. Got spaced at Ziost. Frostbite," she said by way of explanation.

"Chop, chop, got the replacement." She seemed remarkably blasé about serious maimings. Was every Kerrigan this crazy? She flexed the now fully exposed cybernetic arm, then curled the metal fingers into a fist. The prothesis had not only replaced her arm, but part of her shoulder.

Last edited:
Phylis frowned at such matter of fact discussions. Even though not biologically related to Siobhan she certainly seemed to share the elder Kerrigan's habit for being maimed.
Still, Phylis looked over the arm. It was both more intricate and different in design than she had anticipated.

"Curious. Hmm, what is giving the...ah. Kyber crystals. That focuses the power which allows it to...hmm." There was more of this as she turned the arm over and back, carefully examining it.
"Hmm, what did you use...ah...Frasium. Only thing light enough but which can contain the heat. But how did you shield...ah yes. Hmm, the durasteel when alchemised provides a sheath over the core electronics bundle here..." She tapped the forearm.

After a moment of similar half questions and technobabble she sat back. "Well, I am impressed, Elpsis. You clearly had some skilled people work on this. I must say the energy channeling locus is one of the best I've seen!"

"There is a certain touch to this which is unfamiliar. I see the influences from your Pureblood friend but there's a touch on here I'd almost say was Eldorai in the sleek designs?"

She was not doing all this just to seem like a know it all, but out of a genuine sense of joy and glee in uncovering a puzzle. She seemed to get really animated when she worked on this.

"Mother said you're cute when you get all geeky. Nyssa'll be smug when she hears that," Elpsis commented, thought about this, then amended. "Smugger than usual." She cocked her head slightly. "Alaerni Samasarth helped make it. She's, uh, our you, I guess. Eldorai alchemist. Does sciencey stuff for the Order. Only Forcer on the Board other than mother."

Siobhan had a strict policy about keeping other Force-Users out of the Board, but since the Eldorai's combat skills were baseline and she seemed to be mainly interested in 'sciencey stuff', the matriarch apparently didn't feel threatened. "Since I'm here, wanna look at the leg?"

"Hmmph, well Siobhan would say that," she replied primly. "I would not mind talking to...Nyssa...was it? I'm always interested and appreciative of good craft."

"Samasarth? Ah, that, hmm, explains it. I'm quite a fan of her work - and the lattice work bonding seemed familiar. We've met a few times and compared notes, as it were. I should look her up again when I'm on the Arx. Might even be able to get her views on my latest piece. I've developed a new form of Alkahest bonding to allow a thin plating to be adhered to an otherwise regular surface. The uses are considerable, though of course it is time consuming." She concluded her examination of the arm and looked down.

"Oh yes, by all means, I'll take a look." When Elpsis has divested herself of enough clothing to make the leg accessible she examined it closely. "Yes, much newer I can see. Hmm, on the plus side the leg requires less articulation of the joints, though they've done a good job shielding the core again. Same manufacturers I can see immediately."

After a moment she sat back. "Well thank you for this, Elpsis. I shall see I'll have to up my game! I've not been able to achieve the same level of flexibility, but this has given me some ideas. Will have to talk to Alaerni when I'm on the Arx."

She didn't even seem to really notice that Elpsis was mostly undressed. That was less interesting than science!

"No problem. Don't talk to Alaerni much, but she's nice. One of the better ones." She didn't elaborate, but she was probably referring to the higher-ups. "Very...peppy. Nyssa's happy to explain stuff. Lets her show off. She'll hit on you."

Nyssa was an...acquired taste. But she grew on you, despite your better judgement. In any event, while Phylis was not distracted by her being mostly undressed. In contrast to some people, Elpsis did not use it as a chance to try and flirt. "Did Mother ever tell you about the Windians?" she asked while getting dressed again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom