Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teaching Rare Abilities

Matreya

So I have already taught multiple apprentices, whom now all know Force Cloak, which I guess is rare in the fashion that Zaiden uses it. So how far can his teachings go? Will the others be as good as him, as it's one of his natural abilities? Also should I limit the abilities students?(ie not teach every one lol)

I've always found it particularly odd when people just post requesting to be trained in something.

If I were a force user who had some great rare ability, I sure as heck wouldn't be sharing it with people who may or may not become enemies. I certainly wouldn't teach someone just becuase they asked for it. It's story driven, it shouldn't just be "I want this, so who knows this and just want to randomly teach me?" :p

It's a great idea OOCly, but ICly I don't see people wanting to share their powers. Magicians never give their secrets.

Some rare abilities require the specific talent... if you don't have it you can't utilize it well at all or ever man @[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"] so really its about character balance no one is talented in everything

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
The form of force cloaking you use is a lost art to most groups. Lightbending is a semi guarded secret of the Disciples of Twilight who don't teach everyone. I would suggest limiting it to your students maybe.

I know one powerful technique and it does now get taught to any of my students. Alter environment is far to dangerous for someone to run around and just play with.

As for the other things I know... I am not very good in most but a small few. Flight, alchemy on a smaller scale then the sith would use and comprehension. I know ten times more then I can actually use and can explain many techniques, even with enough effort do them at the cost of my body which has required a constant state of me using the force to heal.

Matreya

Good point @[member="Torjesgo"]. I think I'm going to hold back on teaching it now. Thanks all.

Sorry @[member="Haven Pryde"]

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Sarge is right, rare powers are rare for a reason or are highly specialized.

Also I do not teach electric judgement (emerald lightning) without a damn good reason same for Juyo.

Matreya

@[member="Syn"] you know...*begins planning*

Lol I want to know judgement SO bad. I want Zaiden to stop using Lightning period as that's like the only Darkside attack he uses. I want him to eventually become lightside but am working on it. And yeah I started getting wary of teaching it when I started realizing the number.

As its obvious by now, I teach disciplines and fighting styles. And while I do have access to advanced disciplines and spells I DO NOT teach them as a rule.

Why? Daxton's 3 simple rules to Survive and Thrive as Sith.

1. NEVER lower your guard
2. POWER is everything
3. BETRAYAL is inevitable

If you follow these three simple rules, you will rise high in the dark side. I would rather continue developing my existing sword styles and force tentacles (which is basic telekinesis with push and pull) anyway. :D

I only teach the rare abilities I know to those in my apprenticeship. Others, if I agree to teach them, would be simple, basic Force and Lightsabers techniques such as Force push, pull ect and the points of contact. But that's it. Give someone who you know won't even serve your purposes is just stupid and not the Sith way.

Zaiden James-Greyson said:
@[member="Syn"] you know...*begins planning*

Lol I want to know judgement SO bad. I want Zaiden to stop using Lightning period as that's like the only Darkside attack he uses. I want him to eventually become lightside but am working on it. And yeah I started getting wary of teaching it when I started realizing the number.
You can't learn Emerald Lightning if you're aligned to the dark side. It is a light sided technique, where only particularly powerful Jedi know it. Someone like Zaiden, who is a Dark Jedi Knight, which I assume to be the equivalent of a Sith Apprentice, wouldn't be able to learn Emerald Lightning for two reasons:

• You were aligned to the dark side. Becoming redeemed to the light side means growing accustomed to it and have to grow back into the Force.
  • You were a Dark Jedi, who weren't particularly strong after the Legions of Lettow and the exiles who founded the Sith on Korriban and began the Sith Order. Which to me means you're not as skilled or as powerful as a Sith would be.
Mind that I don't really know how Dark Jedi have developed in this fanon universe, so don't take any of that personally.

Matreya

@[member="Vilox Pazela"] Uhm...Dark Jedi Padawans are apprentice level. Dark Jedi Knights are Knight level. And Zaiden was born to two noble Jedi. Was sold like trash etc etc. Now he was a Darth, and has returned to his initial dark Jedi title. Thus has a great connection to the lightside.

As well, Darren Shaw, ashin varanin and I believe Spencer Jacobs all know it...ashin was the emperor of the Sith lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom