Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea for Two (Leori Sheltrak, open to the Republic)

Apalis Coast, Castle Organa

Walking down the extensive corridor Theo could sense the pleasing summer weather the Apalis coast was having. Passing down the luxurious corridor of his mother’s family home was like walking through history. Huge murals lined the walls of past family members. Somewhere more notable to the galaxy like the one of Bail he had just past.
Today was one to be of leisure and he was heading just now to meet with a guest. It was a welcomed relief since he had been dealing with the majority of the Hose of Organa’s affairs. He was told Leori was in the living parlor. It would be most egregious that was of the servants was in fact incorrect and that she had not arrived just yet.

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

It had been a long time since she'd seen Theo, and even longer since she'd been to Alderaan. But it was nice to see familiar faces every now and again. This planet was home to one of her most brilliant colleagues as well. Theo's Aunt, in fact. Rianna was one of the most brilliant people she knew. As she wandered toward the summer home, she wondered if Rianna was on the planet as well. It would be a nice perk to catch up with her as well. But, she would find out later.

Upon arrival, she announced herself to the kind woman that let her in, and was directed to the living parlour. She thanked the woman and took an offered seat as she waited for Theo to arrive. Leori hadn't been to this residence before, and was impressed at the decor displayed. There was a lot of history in these walls.

When Theo arrived, she stood up to greet him. With a smile, she offered her greeting. "Theo, it's been a long time. How are you?"

Theo entered the parlor innately greeting his gust with a warm smile. Coming over to great the young woman Theo had hoped that the Castle Organa was not to imposing on his friend. “Leori, thank you for coming”, still crossing the parlor he would gauge if he should give her a hug or a simple hand shake would do.

@[member="Thedosius"]

At that very moment, Leori was trying to make the same determination. Hug or handshake.... Maybe a hand shake was safer. After all, she didn't know what was going on in his life or if it would be intrusive. So, she offered her hand, and clapped him gently on the shoulder. Even as she did it, she knew that she'd made the wrong call. Despite her best efforts, it was awkward. She should have went with the hug.

The Jedi smiled "Thank you for seeing me. I hope I'm not an unwelcome interruption."

Why is this awkward? Leori thought. More than likely, it was just her. Just Relax.

"I can see why you'd come here. It's lovely here."

With the subtle clues given Theo shook Leori’s hand. That was ok. Even though Theo was more expressive then other Jedi he was respectful and not pushy. “You unwelcome”, playful Theo dismissed that notion with a wave of his hand. “I do not ever see a time when be an interruption Leori”, why did he come here? “Actually it is more like I stuck here most times. “It seems most of the responsibility of the House has fallen upon me. As you know my Aunt dedicatees most of her time to healing and my mother is at Corucsant in the senate. I’m here most days shackled to bureaucracy. It is a breath of fresh air to have you here!”

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori smirked. "Well then, shall we remove the shackles and go outside? Or perhaps somewhere else that you can relax away from your obligations and paper work?"

Her memory of Alderaan was fuzzy at best. Leori would leave the when and wheres to Theo. It was refreshing to relenquish control over every detail. But, there were few opportunities to do so most of the time. Her line of work was dependent on details. Omission of details could cost lives. But at the moment, there were no lives depending on her other than her own. And that was a stretch. Leori took excellent care of others, but often neglected herself.

At that moment, her stomach growled. Loudly. Evidently she'd forgotten to feed herself recently. Leori looked down at her stomach then back to Theo. With a chuckle, she added "Perhaps for food, since I've been neglecting my own needs again."

His Aunt Rianna the same fatal flaw. “Certainly”, open palm up motion to table in the living parlor. “Shall we”, then he walked over pulling out the chair Leori. A servant who had remained standing to the side by the wall stepped forward. An Alderaan male appearing to be in his fifties his hair was white his suit was immaculate without a single wrinkle. “Ask for anything and the butler will see to it. I think some tea would be rather appropriate as well.”

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori chuckled. "Well I could have waited a little longer, but alright." She moved to the table he gestured to and took a seat. A well dressed man was apparently going to make her whatever she wanted to eat. But what did she want to eat.... Well, that she didn't know. But she did need to cover all the bases.

"Tea would be lovely, yes. Could I also have a bantha steak salad please?" That would cover everything her body needed. She looked to Theo "Have you eaten recently?"

Sitting down to Leori’s right he pondered the question if he eaten recently. What time was it? Right it was after noon and he had only eaten breakfast. “For shame, to let a lady eat alone, I think my mother would slap if I did”, Theo laughed

Theo looked to the butler, “Please, take our order to the kitchens.” The butler bowed low to the young noble then excused himself to carry out the order.

“So Leori, what have you been up to”, he was trying to break the ice and create some small talk. He was sure he knew mostly what she had been up to but he was still interested to hear.

@[member="Thedosius"]
Leori smiled "Well at least I won't feel like an animal being watched while she eats." She even laughed. But she was pleased not to be eating alone as she normally did.

"What have I been up to...." The Jedi considered a response the the question. "Hmmm..."

There was no answer that would be even remotely interesting to him, so she supposed she ought to make something up for his amusement.

"Well....this one time... " And she broke out laughing. Leori couldn't do it. "Yeah, I've been working. But you already knew that."

Smiling Theo shook his head. “What am I going to do with you Leori”, he was actually concerned. It was truly noble she was so committed to healing but it was not healthy the way she was living. “Well here my word is law. Maybe I should give a direct edict for Leori Sheltark to have fun while she is here at Aplalis”, his jesting was all fine but he would never abuse such power .

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori tilted her head. "Well, if you decree it so, then I shall have no choice but to obey." She smiled.

It was nice to have someone concerned for her wellbeing for a change. It was normally the other way around. But, she knew that Theo could and did take care of himself. Leori was able to take care of herself, she just was more concerned with taking care of others before herself. The only thing she remembered to do on a regular basis was drink fluids. And to be honest, she often drank her meals since it was quicker than sitting to eat. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy eating at all.

"After we eat, what do you want to do?"

Theo did normally take care of himself but these days mostly servants did that. Evidence of that is even with the butler running off to the kitchens there was still for other servants / butlers still in the living parlor ready to serve the Lord of the House. “Honestly I do not know just yet. We could go out dancing later on tonight!”

@Thedosius

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori smiled. "Dancing sounds like fun."

The Jedi was pleased that the tea finally arrived. She stirred hers before taking a sip. Leori relaxed against the back of her chair, still holding her cup.

She had missed this, she decided as she looked at him. Leori sipped her tea again. She wondered if she should just ask him what was on her mind.

“Dancing we shall go”, Theo put several spoonfuls of sugar in his tea. “There is a night club in town. I have not been there but quite a few people talk about it. It should be interesting. Theo took a sip of his tea waiting for the conversation to continue. She was quiet. He had the suspicious feeling she wanted him to ask her something. “Are you finding you tea adequate Leori? If not I’m sure we can find something to your liking.”

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori nodded. It would be an interesting experience. She hadn't been to that sort of establishment in a very long time.

She set the tea cup down. "Oh yes, the tea is fine."

Leori leaned forward. "I want to make sure that I'm not stepping on any toes. Are you involved with anyone?"

Theo smiled, relieved that Leori found nothing to her dislike regarding the tea. Theo nearly choked on his tea with Leori’s question. “No”, Theo coughed, “Nope not at all, honestly I’m not seeing anyone.” Rosy checks and a slight scratch to his throat Theo feeling a bit embarrassed about his reaction. “There is no toe steeping around here”, Theo took another drink before placing his foot any further into his mouth. This was slightly awkward. He was curious what brought these question on.

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori was embarrassed. She'd embarrassed him too.

"Sorry for being so blunt about it. I just.." And she stopped talking.
"Nevermind."

Quickly she picked her tea back up and sipped it with her eyes closed.

Very smooth, Leori. She scolded herself mentally. Scared the crap out of him. Probably scare him away...

The Jedi shook away the thought and opened her eyes again. "So dancing..." Yes, she was trying to change the subject. And yes, she realized it probably wasn't going to fly.

Theo felt horrible that his poor reaction had made Leori feel uncomfortable. His reaction had nothing to do with that she asked. He felt compelled to tell her and hoped she would understand it was not her fault.

“Leori”, he began searching for the right words, “No, I’m sorry. You see a handful of years ago when I was barely an adult I knew someone I was close to. It was mainly an innocent relationship. I was a member of the Jedi Order and she was a combat medic for the Republic. It was apparent we had feelings for each other but due to our jobs any further relationship beyond that would be inappropriate. That is not where the story ends. We were going to face a particular harsh battle on Dac. The Sith were approaching and was soon to land troops. Naturally she was scared and I reassured her she would be fine. I promised her if she should need me during the battle I would be there to protect her. She called and I came as quick as I could. Before I made it to her the roof to the building she was attending the wounded had collapsed. For years I felt so guilty that she died. I blamed myself for the longest time. To me and the Republic we all thought she was dead. One day she had randomly should up at a place neither had expected the other to be. She was alive all this time and she did not tell me or even her family. Heart broken and confused why someone I thought loved me would do that it nearly broke me. I had a emotional slip and almost lost control of my willpower in public. Your questions did not offend me nor hurt me in anyway. It is just that particular subject still weighs heavy upon me. We’re friends, please do not think my emotional response was somehow your fault.”

@[member="Thedosius"]

Leori listened as he explained his past experience to her. His was certainly more innocent than hers had been as a padawan.

"I understand, Theo. I had to ask because I've been hurt before."

The Jedi set down her tea cup before elaborating for him.

"When I was a teenager, and still a padawan, I was in love with another padawan. We were very close. Studied together, and were intimate. But it wasn't enough for him. He was seduced by the Dark Side and left me when I tried to reason with him. I was devastated. I have avoided familiarity with many people for certainty of getting hurt. It is why I have been so committed to my work."

Leori paused. "So I needed to know where we stand presently, before deciding if moving forward is even a possibility. I certainly did not want to put our companionship at risk, or misread intentions."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom