Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea for Two (Leori Sheltrak, open to the Republic)

No sooner had he arrived to the Organa's... Party? Than did he witness the dismissal of a servant, and the subsequent removal of the Jedi whom he had seen several times, Tracyn Ordo. 'Certainly as peaceful as everyone says, a true picture of Serenity.' Said a voice from the depths of his mind, and even there it was a voice full of sarcasm that he had grown accustom to using. But on the outside he remained semi well dressed, well, he was in the dark jedi robes he always wore but under that was some nicer clothing. He didnt want to insult the host by showing up in cheap bland clothes right?

Either way he made his way into the room and headed straight to the Alderaan Noble named @[member="Thedosius"]. With the ever so slight bow he gave nearly everyone upon meeting them, he spoke in his light toned and soft voice that came easy to him. "I apologize for my rather uninvited intrusion in your home, but i was on world and i heard of this gathering, and i thought that this was a grand opportunity to meet you. I am Yusan Fenn, Vice Chancellor of the Republic in case such was not known." He found himself looking over his shoulder suddenly, realizing that his companion was no longer behind him. A voice sounded from the depths of his mind as he thought that over. 'I do hope Carliah can find me, would be a shame if she got lost in such a place. Though this planet does have more life on it than Coruscant so it shouldn't be too difficult to navigate.'

@[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

Ana put her left hand to her throat, this was a most unfortunate uncomfortable situation. She smiled quite nervously as the events unfolded. It was very clear the The Duke of House Organa was not to be trifled with. Ana looked down at her lap for a moment.

Had the Jedi sent this Jedi to Alderaan to test House Organa. This was indeed disturbing. Ana moved her hand back to her lap wishing now she had something a little stronger to settle her nerves. The words that this Jedi spoke to Theodosius, threatening his life like that, certainly the Duchess, the lady Rianna Organa would hear of this and she would do something, wouldn't she? She was afterall a noble of Alderaan.

Another appeared, was this another Jedi. Was there no end to their behavior, as she listened though she found this was the Vice Chancellor of the Republic. Ana infuriated that the Jedi had spoken so stood up, her face turned red she had so much she wanted to blurt out, but she waited, waited for what?

Decorum and manners won out, she was of House Panteer she would behave accordingly, "Welcome Vice Chancellor to Alderaan. I surely hope your behavior will be more distinguished than that of the Jedi, as a representative of the Republic." This time she did not offer her hand, she wasn't sure she wanted to extend it to the Republic after what had happened.

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"] @[member="Thedosius"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Leori stood up when tensions began to mount, and her right hand rested on her lightsaber hilt. The Jedi Master certainly didn't want to fight, but the Mandalorian was very aggressive, and having understood him the first time, was prepared to defend those unarmed and untrained to combat the Jedai.

Luckily, for her, and them, they left. And tensions would fall. The Jedi Master would be making a call to the Jedi Council to see what the current state of the Order was. She looked to Ana and Theo. "I think that your houses should be reevaluating your security protocols."

She sat down at the table and sipped her tea until it was finished. And she sat quietly. It seemed that the two of them had dodged the awkward bullet...

He turned his head and bent it slightly abit to @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"], "I can assure you that my behavior is far different than that of the Jedi that was here, and will assure you that i shall not cause such an... uproar as he did." He kept his hands crossed behind him under his robes, unseen by anyone while he stood there and looked at the one that had spoken to him.

It had astounded Theo to hear the Tracyn’s words. His behavior was such a far cry from what a Jedi should be Theo was having a hard time believe them was indeed a Jedi. Theo refused to be unraveled by one man. He was not going to judge the whole of the Jedi Order just based off of one man’s actions. With the long beautiful history the House of Organa had with the Jedi he owed that to his ancestors to at lest let the Jedi Council handle this. To his Aunt as well.

“My apologies”, he said to his guests. “With a open door policy this sometimes happens. I refuse to cower though that door will remain open.” He did think however it might be wise to higher some guards more equipped to handle Force Users.

Theo looked to the Vice Chancellor. The smile was honest but weak because of the unpleasantness of the so called Jedi. “Thank you Vice Chancellor. It is no intrusion at all. Thank you, thank you for coming. I do hope you have enjoyed Alderaan on this trip to Alderaan. If you don’t mind me asking to you come to Alderaan for business or recreational pleasure?”

@[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

"I originally arrived on Alderaan just to admire its architecture and wonderful scenery, nothing to do with business in the least. It was only once i had been on world did i hear of your gathering and decided to come and meet you for myself, i also had a companion with me but she seems to have gone off else where in case someone shows up looking for me while i am here." He returned the smile and glanced around the room they were in. "And i must say, i had certainly made the right choice in coming here, as i do believe this is much more beautiful than most of the Coruscanti buildings im surrounded by everyday, that or im just so use to them a change in scenery is a relief."

@[member="Thedosius"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"] @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"]

Ana sat back down regaining her composure, as she listened to the Vice Chancellor. "Our scenery is some of the most regal, and stunning vistas in the galaxy Vice Chancellor I do hope that you still take time to see them" Ana smiled, slowly she was beginning to relax again. The Jedi though he was not forgotten.

"Organa House is one of the oldest families of Alderaan, it is only fitting that it be as majestic as its heritage. Vice Chancellor where are you from?" Something she had been taught, always focus on the speaker.

@[member="Thedosius"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

For a moment Yusan appeared completely off guard by the question, utterly unsure how best to answer the simple question, something completely obvious to those infront of him. But that moment faded and a smile returned to his face, to which erupted a joking voice that still had an entirely serious undertone to it. "Well, im from a burned home in the middle of Eshan's vast lands. You know, nothing too important... Well, that and a cave, which was a fun few years of my life." He shifted his weight and looked to the far off ceiling for a moment before returning his gaze to them. "Sorry, just a joke. Though im sure you all were in a pleasant conversation before i arrived and would hate to interupt such a conversation." Behind him hidden by the cloak his hands remained crossed, but they now fidgetted as his mind subconciously did so to occupy itself. @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Thedosius"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

"Thank you." He strode over to an untaken chair and lowered himself down into the seat, crossing his hands out in front of him and crossing them on the table, his robe bunched around and behind him as he didnt bother to part it or drape it over the back of the chair. His smile remained but his eyes grew more emotionless in that moment, looking at his hands for a moment before looking up and returning his soft gaze to the others there. @[member="Thedosius"] @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

Ana nodded as the Vice Chancellor sat down he seemed unsure, or detached and she was not sure why. She noticed that he had a tic about his hands, perhaps unsure of where they should be or was he controlling some other emotion.

"Vice Chancellor perhaps you could give us an idea of how our Senator fairs on Coruscant, we rarely hear anything as of late. Is there some pressing matter before the Senate? Is there anything which Alderaan should be concerned about?"

She looked at Theo, not sure if she had just crossed some boundary but she wanted to engage the Vice Chancellor it was so rare that this opportunity came to her.

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Thedosius"]

"Your senator... oh miss Demont. To be honest ive rarely been in contact with her of late, she had been one of the first Senators who greeted me when i took office a few months back, its still quite surprising for me to be Vice so fast." He paused, realizing he went off focus slightly, answering her second question. "As for the state of Alderaan, i personally have heard nothing of concern, with the campaign against the sith going so well i see no reason for anything to trouble your world. So in short ive been as disconnected with your Senator as you and your home is fine and shall not be troubled. Well on the political level that is, how goes your days and careers if i may ask."

@[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"]

Leori had remained calm through the whole ordeal, and listened for long enough. She had something to say, interruption or not.

"Pardon the interruption, but I need to say something before we go any further."

She looked to the other three briefly before continuing.

"Those people claim to be Jedi, but they are not what the Jedi represent. I do not know the present state of the Jedi Order, but I doubt that this sort of behaviour goes overlooked. If the council allows this sort of behaviour, than perhaps I will not return to the Order. I do not stand for that sort of behaviour, but I also swore only to defend and keep the peace. I will not persue or attack first. That was simply cowardice and not at all Jedi like. I do hope that you will not let this one encounter influence your opinion of the Jedi."

The Jedi Master stood up. "Now, I think it best that I investigate the state of the Order. If you will excuse me." She bowed slightly and exited the room.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]
@[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"]
@Thedosius

Theo listened to the conversation between the Marchioness Anastacia and the Vice Chancellor but he was still a bit distracted by what had happened. Leori speaking drew Theo out of hid reverie. Theo was to late to ask her to please not go. Theo did not see this behavior of this one man as how all Jedi acted. He did not believe the Council would tolerate this sort of behavior from a Jedi in their Order. He wanted to tell his friend this but it was to late, she had left the room.

It was to late and Theo still had his deities to his house and to Alderaan. “My days are quite busy. Being a Duke and the Lord Regent of the Apalis Coast is more then just a career. Alderaan is a democracy. It does have a parliament and not all of the parliament are made up of nobles. Normally the position of the Royal family and the regents of the provinces of Alderaan are Noble House Elders who are elected into that position. If for what ever reason that head of that Noble House is unable to do the job they can opt to hand the duties over to one of their family members that are capable of doing the job.”

“Over the years there has been some changes made. How and why are a mystery to the Nobles and the Lords and Ladies of Parliament and the House of Commons. It has been a long time since the Royal family has ventured out in public. Even we the Nobles and Politicians of Alderaan have not seen the King and Queen in years. We know they are still in the Aldera Castle but they do not take visitors.”

“The Senator does not keep us well informed about what takes place in the Galactic Senate. We have been left with the appearance to take care of Alderaan and its people without one of the most important aspects of the government. Well that is not entirely true as some bills or motions do make it out of Castle Aldera to the Parliament. It just seems strangely uncommon for the King or Queen to not deliver these motions to be made into law in person.”

“Things have quieted down on Alderaan since the incidents that had happened thirty years ago. The couple of Noble Houses that were attacked and nearly wiped out have been recovering. We still do not know who was behind those events. Clues have been scare and many have been scared to even mention what has happened.”

@[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

Jack swept into the room, followed closely by a servant who was attempting to both check his credentials, and get him to remove his hat. The second the Pirate Lord did, with a flourish, as he approached Theodosius.

"A grand, glorious good evening to you, good sir," said Jack, his words carrying a bit of a slur, a bit of an accent. His bow was deep and extravagant, ending with his hat hand extended far enough back for the servant to reach. "Captain Jack Sparrow, Senator from Kashyyyk, at your service." Even as the servant reached tentatively to take the tricorn from Jack's hand, the pirate spun on a heel, startling the fellow. "You may take this," he said, pointing to the headpiece with his other hand, "but you are to return it in the very same condition I am presenting it, savvy?" He waited for a mute nod from the servant, then passed it over with two hands. With a nod, he turned back to the nobleman. "Charming estate, m'Lord," he said with a smile. "And Yusan Fenn, how long has it been?" Jack smiled without showing any teeth, then stepped close to Ana Fa'leen and said quietly, "I was nearly Chancellor, you know. Of the entire bloody Republic. And do you know what? I still don't have a drink. Hello. Captain Jack Sparrow., Senator from Kashyyyk, at your service." He bowed once more, took Ana's hand, and kissed it.

@Anastacia Fa'leen @Yusan Fenn @Leori Sheltrak @Theodosius

Ana had tried to stand in order to get the Master Jedi to stay, but it seemed she had been trying to leave for some time, ever since her arrival. She only sought to do as bade, but then perhaps it was the outburst of the other Jedi and his behavior that had caused her to disappear out the front door. She was disappointed, she had so few friends and had hoped that she could make one there. No one but another noble could truly know the loneliness that came from living a life that was ruled by obligation, engagements, and rules.

Even this visit she had been ordered to do, not that she wouldn't have come in time. But she could have at least warned Duke Organa that she would be coming by. Ana brought her thoughts back to now to stop worrying, concentrate on the conversation at hand.

Anastacia listened as Theodosius went on explaining to the Vice Chancellor some of the conditions which existed on Alderaan. Each of the noble houses at one time had been very loyal to the Republic this was true, however there were Houses, such as Ulgo that did not. House Ulgo liked the ways of the Empire the regimented airs. There had been a Duke Ulgo who had seized the throne and aligned Alderaan with the Empire. House Panteer and House Organa had so despised the act they began to work in concert to bring down his reign.

Ana felt like she was living with the Empire with all the changes that had taken place. Changes that the Nobles had not been given a chance to vote upon. Everyone served in the military, in service to Alderaan not just to their house. There was rumor but nothing sound that even how the throne of Alderaan was decided had been changed.

It was very true that the King and Queen were rarely seen in public, though it was known the daughter served as the Senator, as was the tradition.

Ana looked over at the Vice Chancellor, there were things to tell him and things not to tell him. She felt like a traitor with what she was going to say. She had to try and be careful about how she put what she wanted to say. "The Royal Family is rarely seen, and I believe the Parliament has been dismissed." She remember how her mother had stood on the balcony overlooking the divide that lay before their home. The bridge that she said her ancestors fought to hold, it also had seen many soldiers cross over in times of civil war.

Civil war. The very thought held her to her seat. She did not want to see civil war. She sighed without realizing the sound had escaped her lips, Her eyes immediately glanced towards Theodosius and the Vice Chancellor.

And then with this flourish and stage presence another entered the sitting room, oh my Ana thought. She could not keep from smiling as the Senator from Kashyyyk swept across the room, introducing himself, acknowledging those he did know and then stopped and kissed her hand, her face turned crimson. "Senator, welcome to Alderaan" She laughed lightly.

@[member="Theodosius"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"IT is good to hear things are quieter now, oh how it would have been interesting for me to visit in a time of strife, i do doubt that i would be as welcomed as i was just now. Though, im sure the strong people that your planet houses would be very much able to rebuild themselves and make alderaan as great as it had been hundreds of years back, that is to say that it isnt great now." He drank now, hearing Sparrow enter long before he glanced back, sighing and slowly setting the glass down to look behind him. Sure enough the pirate Senator stood there and spoke his words, including a question directed towards Yusan himself. "Senator Sparrow, a pleasure, im sure the nobles here will be more interested in your presence than mine." @[member="Anastacia Fa'leen"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @Theodosius @[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom