Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Tan Pel'trokal: Darth Kizash vs Caltin Vanagor

38pOWM9.png

Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

The message was sent out two standard days before my arrival in the Jungle. A YT-2400 that I had commandeered and would let the jungle consume. There was no going back now. Even now the metal eating fungi had managed to creepy its way on the outer layer of the vessel. If not for the still functioning landing beacon, the ship could of passed as a patch of the jungle itself. Haruun Kal was a monster in its own right. The force was darker here in the jungles, not the corrupting nature of the darkside, but just darker, primeval and raw. Away from civilization, the sensation made things feel more simple. Something I needed if I was going to see this through.

I could feel the humid touch of the planets climate on my skin. Everywhere. Just over an hour and I had already began to sweat like a Hutt. It was then I started to wonder which would show up first, The Jedi or the hostile wild life. I knew the answer too well though. This meeting was not just Jedi business. This was going to turn personal and fast. Master Caltin might at first come as a Jedi, but I knew it would be only a matter of time before "Jedi" gets put aside and "Dad" show his ugly face. There are not too many people in the galaxy that would maim a Akk pup and then want to meet the alpha of that pack. I was one such person though.

Stupid.
And not stupid.

Haruun Kal's jungles were a gold mine of raw primal power and it was what Caltin and I needed for the meeting. It was all to easy to lose ones self in here. Whether he would admit that or not was up to him, but for the first time in a long time...I felt on edge. Maybe it was this place. Maybe it was the situation or maybe it was the prospect of meeting Connels father once again. Either way I had a couple of hours to kill before I expected an arrival.

Might as well make the most of it. I made my way down the hall of the vessel and poured myself a glass of Ambrostine.

Bottoms up.

Be careful what you wish for.

yvm8HTs.png

-vip7FLqpLImvRjkSUIaMtXlE2bHtidBAgDswVMGYmbNeQDW73k90gnygvUKoLwI2Kn40m3hHWpC57rtnnZW2d8f2zyf7UbXbB9XrxRnPC75jXmzhKzPYS1FGA_lj4pLB3IWufIoGm_7u3KNYI0-pek

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
T6c1STfpV8WSxZosWvv6OJuIc17kGxBEV3Wq7IcqisWlmZL_d_5Wlyc9g-90grsisBTM0viERmwvLkstOY2_8T1WL_4-mLHpxe8cH7f1hUkXGDUS20qNnJ5qYlchYaQDk4MSJMRjoFatydcYxnfiwEQ

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
The late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay,
LOCATION: Heading to the Jungle | OBJECTIVE: Following up | POST #: 1
TAG (ALLIES) : Lord Kizash Lord Kizash
TAG (FOES) : @

Message received.

Now to figure out what was actually in it.

Boys and girls, today’s lesson is on “Stupidity”. A scientist in a far off universe with crazy hair and believing everything is relative once said "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." There was another phrase: "Stupidity is a talent for misconception." Being able to take the ludicrous at face value is a talent of virtue and naivete. Haruun Kal was an interesting destination that would require some research, Caltin knew this to be the home of his former mentor, and friend Master Windu, but there was not all that much else that was relative. It also made him wonder why this “Richard Kizash” was trying to contact him. Who was this person?

Why him?

Stupidity.

It was stupid to dwell on the unimportant, but it was there was a bigger level of idiocy to not pay attention to the small details. There was something about this that did not make sense. What was this person really contacting him for. Sure, he may have information on what happened to Connel, but there was no way that it was being given out of any level of benevolence. This person was working out his own desires and using information as an asset to achieve his own ends. He could choose any Jedi, why Caltin? There…
dc-injustice-2-mobile-black-adam-reveal-trailer-dc-izfr7cxbg_82bm.2560.png

The Galactic Map was brought up in his research and he saw “Mon Calamari”... then the research suddenly came to a train-wrecking halt. “Kizash”... “Mon Calamari”...

Stupidity.

Memories rose in his mind like a swimmer surfacing for a breath of air. A battle between Ryv Ryv and him against Alina Alina Tremu and Lord Kizash Lord Kizash . One in the same? It had to be, but he was invested in this and had to see this probable dead end through. One good thing about flying a ship built with military grade sensors was that you could triangulate the position of a landing from much further away than others. He did not know who this was, well, Caltin had his suspicions to be sure, but he was not certain, but the jungle that the beacon was calling him from was somewhere that the big man would not land his ship. What he would do was land on the outskirts , after all, he liked his starship and read up on this jungle. Kizash was wanting to lead him into a trap.

Stupidity.

With a deep breath, the big man shut the systems down, ordered “Roller”, his astromech, to stay with the ship, and went for his gear. He also grabbed a couple of bottles of enerjuice and elba water before opening the landing ramp. He was not landing in the jungle [I[riding[/I] into it. Unstrapping one of his bikes, Caltin was off. The climate was torrid and the more he moved, the more it was clear that this was not merely a “Hi! Can you help me get this off the shelf” kind of favor that this “Richard Kizash” wanted. Absolutely no sense in hiding or masking his connection to the Force, he was expected after all. Looking onto his wrist-datapad, Vanagor was following his location in relation to that of the beacon, closer… closer…

Close enough.

Parking his bike, knowing (but having forgotten) about the metallurgical frame and what might happen to his mode of transportation, Caltin chose to walk the rest of the way. You know I’m here. I know you’re here, might as well come out of hiding. He did not know. He was bluffing.

Stupidity.​

Eku1KfW.png

Equipment: Sith Sword and rest in Sig.

You know I’m here. I know you’re here, might as well come out of hiding. He did not know. He was bluffing.

This fungal stuff grows crazy fast.

It was all I could think of, watching it creep and grow by the seconds and minutes that went by in waiting. Its no wonder the natives dont use blasters on this planet. It was after that thought, that I heard it or him rather. Dad was here. I could feel my bodies slight hesitation on the matter. Maybe it was what he said. Hiding.

Stupid.
I dont hide. Never have.

Getting up from the co-pilots chair I watched as beads of sweat fell to the already infected metal floors below and I shook my head. Now or never. I didnt bother with my lightsabers on my belt. It was only a matter of time before they did not work and especially since I had been here hours before the Jedi. Connel's lightsabers on the other hand were maybe still pristine in their plastiod container. Retrieving them, I clipped both to my belt and continued down the halls of the Freighter before stopping by my temporary quarters. Leaned against the wall was a sword. It had the color of obsidian and trimmed with golds. A blade black as the night sky and radiated the darkside. A sith sword. Heavier than I was used to but it would come in handy.

I sheathed it across my back and continued on my way. Down the ramp and into the jungle itself. There it was again. That feeling. Pelekotan. The jungle had its eyes on us both and I could feel it. Along with Caltins own. " Who said I was hiding?" I gave Caltin a raised brow and approached from the ramp with both arms out to form that of a T shape. I made sure to spread my fingers and change the gait of my walk to cause Connel's lightsabers to clang together. " I think we both know the truth on that." I said and didnt elaborate. I walked intill I was within a meter of Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's and then I halted and let my hands go back to a resting position. One on the strap across my breastplate and the other resting on my belt near Connels Lightsabers. " I was beginning to believe you were not coming." I said tilting my head and giving a soft smile. " Feel free to search the area if you want."

Tension. Paired with the jungle, it felt like a rubber band ready to snap.
No I would not be the one to get to the point. For that I would wait on him.

yvm8HTs.png

-vip7FLqpLImvRjkSUIaMtXlE2bHtidBAgDswVMGYmbNeQDW73k90gnygvUKoLwI2Kn40m3hHWpC57rtnnZW2d8f2zyf7UbXbB9XrxRnPC75jXmzhKzPYS1FGA_lj4pLB3IWufIoGm_7u3KNYI0-pek

T6c1STfpV8WSxZosWvv6OJuIc17kGxBEV3Wq7IcqisWlmZL_d_5Wlyc9g-90grsisBTM0viERmwvLkstOY2_8T1WL_4-mLHpxe8cH7f1hUkXGDUS20qNnJ5qYlchYaQDk4MSJMRjoFatydcYxnfiwEQ

The late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay,

LOCATION: Face to face | OBJECTIVE: Finding out what had happened | POST #: 2
TAG (ALLIES) : Lord Kizash Lord Kizash
TAG (FOES) : @​

Here we go…

The Sith did not understand the turn of phrase, only the literal translation. That was fine, and a conversation for another time. If Caltin were not under a brand new spell set by his wife that shut off his emotions, he would be annoyed right now, and was aware of that. With the way the Kizash marched down the loading ramp, as if emulating the pageantry of a conquering emperor riding his/her chariot back down their capital streets into their palace.

Turn of phrase.

That was not the star of the Sith’s parade though, not the main float. It was “Alpha” and “Omega”, Connel’s lightsaber. They were indeed the real things and not “fakes” set up to play with the massive Jedi Master’s mind as they each had specific markings, and equipment pieces that were unique to the both of them. Viewing the special markings proved to be all too easy. Draping them over his belt was layered with angles yet to be displayed, but they served as reminders of the younger Vanagor and what happened to him.

The Massive Jedi Master was still here, mentally and emotionally, but “Dad” was banging on the door. Spell or not.

The fact that Kizash was claiming that they “... both know the truth on that” was again was again layered in potential meaning. Obviously, Caltin had never thought that Kizash was hiding, at least not out of fear, but that was not the basis for the comment. Was it because of the lightsabers? What about mentioning the last time that they had met?

This was not some cordial conversation, this was a fight that was about to be thrown down, clearly. The question is “why?”

Well, I am not going to make excuses, like “I was stuck in traffic” if you are looking for one. I simply want to know, “why?” He could ask a layered question as well. Let Kizash bake on what to tell him and what not to. They would pitch into battle, for sure, but Caltin had already taken the bait of coming to this place, he was not going to do so again. He would normally have attacked by now, but this new spell had allowed him to bring out his logical side at the most crucial time.

Make no mistake, Caltin Vanagor is well aware of how he would feel, and would act right now, but with his emotions literally shut off, it was like he was watching his own sense of “self” on a stage. He would not “look around” or “check” anything or walk into an ambush. If your desire was to waste my time, well done. Turning on his heel as if to leave, even taking some steps, Caltin was not going anywhere, and if Kizash was one one-hundredth as intelligent as Caltin knew him to be, he would know it too.

Eku1KfW.png

What was this? I knew jedi were all for no emotion in times of conflict but even now something was...different. Although I still had not truely gave him any information yet. Maybe time had tempered the man into something else. Just as it had me? Wishful thinking on my end. If Caltin was going to be like this the whole time then this meeting and my plans were null and void. Especially for me.

For a minute I thought the Big Man might leave, but that was only if I remembered who really had leverage here. It was me. Caltin was not going anywhere.

If your desire was to waste my time, well done.
" Hahaha. Do you really believe that?" I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. " I bet you make a mean Sabacc player. Mmmm" I could feel a stirring of energy within the Jedi but either Caltin was suppressing it or it was blocked. The latter conclusion made no sense to me though. Who in the word would cut themselves off from their own power. Feelings and emotion. They were lush with potential use in the Force. Dark or light it didnt matter. " Your boy is in danger. A Sith Lord has found interest in Connel and wont give up on claiming him for himself. Even now he is coming for him. " I said directly and grimaced thinking of the Sith that had originally "Hired" me for the job with Connel. That was what it was in the end. A job and one I didnt have much choice on doing. " Their were two of us that day." I was bluffing or half bluffing on that detail. Truth was I didnt know who the female assassin really was. I knew where my target was and that was it. " The assassin and myself. Connel did great against the prior but after he lost control. Well.." I took a step forward and placed a hand on one of Connels lightsabers and honed my mind against the Jedi's. Not along with whatever method or technique he was using to suppress himself, but I aimed to encourage the stirring of inner feelings that I felt before. Mentally assisting them to find a route of escape. Just as the jungle fed me, I would feed Caltins inner energies. All that was left now was to add extra pressure. " What is it like to not feel anger? Heart-break? Your son's attacker stands in front of you and this does not even compute in your thick skull. You truly are the perfect Jedi and a questionable father. Junior showed more emotion than you after I threatened to murder your schutta of a wife." I gritted my teeth through my yell and with a yanked "Alpha" from its clip and activated the blade only to take up stance and took a lunge toward Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor direction.

yvm8HTs.png

LOCATION: Heading to the Jungle | OBJECTIVE: Following up | POST #: 3
TAG (FOES) : Lord Kizash Lord Kizash
TAG (ALLIES) : @​

Clearly in this childish explosion of laughter and frivolity, Kizash believed that Caltin had not thought that far ahead. Childish like a young fool who thought his attempts at mental trickery would be returned with laughter once the others had gotten the proverbial joke. This was life, not a joke, life was not a joke. The Sith went on about Connel, and it would have angered him if he was capable of feeling emotions at that point in time, he knew this, he did not hide it.

Vanagor blew off the thought of someone “hiring him” to go after the big man. Clearly talk to just throw off his thoughts and allow the assassin to get into a better position. Then the mention of Connel, and of how he “lost control”... that was not true… it was not impossible but he was not going to believe that about his son.

To think… to even suggest…

This was something else too, this forest… it was feeding him… it was trying to help him attack Caltin through a different method. One he could… his head the pointed questions, the nimble insulting probes, the verbal jabs, each one useless in their own right, he had been around far too long, but this? Kizash was doing something different. Caltin would have never figured it out if not for the spell that he was under. One initiated by his “schutta of a wife.”... a mistake came from a wish from the man standing in front of him, taunting him with his own son’s weapons.

... be careful what you wish for…

Ask yourself...

The blade of “Omega” did indeed singe the abdomen of the massive Jedi Master as he went to side-step the attack of Kizash. This was something he may not have been able to do before, maybe not even again, but he could right now. Why did the weapon singe his body? Because Vanagor used the Force as well, he used it to augment his upper arm, then his lower arm, then his fist, then his arm as a whole as he went to punch “The Master of Nothing” with the ferocity of a Force Storm. If his punch landed, it should create space enough for Vanagor to clear his head.

It was foggy right now.

His mind was a cloud of rage… another of fury… banding into one battling gusts of wisdom… and torrents of will. A powerful storm battling in his mind suddenly to gain control of the plot of land that it encompassed. Normally Kizash, or anyone witnessing this, could sit back and enjoy the show, watching the storm as it were. However, Caltin Vanagor did not endure the storm…

… he was the storm.

... if you truly... truly want to know the answer to your question… and all that comes with it.

He widened his own stance, and hunched his body to lower his center of gravity. No lightsaber though, not until it was ultimately needed.

Eku1KfW.png

Tag(Enemy): Caltin Vanagor

I opened my eyes and to my surprise I was sprawled on the grasses and fungi below. I was already dripping sweat but the color of it coming from my body was wrong. Strong in iron and thicker than normal. The few seconds it took to recollect what happened was enough to completely puzzle me. Like a shard in my minds eye I staggered to my feet and wiped my face.

Blood.

It stained my hands, the grass below and I could feel it hardening across half of my face. Worse yet was the sensation and searing pain that raged in my head and from my right eye. Though both eyes found Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor in front of me, It was his stance and look in his eyes that brought the rest of the fragments in my mind into a series of events that happened seconds before.

I struck. Playful and with little intent for harm. A jest. In other words I was playing around and was more interested in the mental effects, I was trying to produce change and not any physical one. It was in that instant that he struck. I could remember seeing a fist rage toward my face and I could remember my bodies momentum propelling me forward with my own strike. I could feel it again. The piecing cut of the mans knuckle biting into my upper brow and glancing off bone into the fragile tissues of my eye.

From then on, I saw red.
I saw red. A bloody vision. Vision that was smeared, blurry, throbbing and hurting.
I saw red. Seething with pain I drew apon it. The worry of not being able to see again out of my right eye. Fuel. The realization that I was briefly staggered or possibly briefly unconscious from the blow. Gasoline poured onto a internal flame. I felt like I was going to blow and this time there would be no stopping it. Not this time.

... if you truly... truly want to know the answer to your question… and all that comes with it.

He widened his own stance, and hunched his body to lower his center of gravity. No lightsaber though, not until it was ultimately needed.

Standing to my full height I wiped the a fresh coat of blood of my leaking face and tilted my head. My back hunched, shoulders and back retracted and I let the swelling of the darkside ignite my body. No more words. The lightsaber I previously held was clipped back onto my belt in a slow controlled manner. Though on the inside, my emotions almost mirrored Caltins own. Assisted by a dark preternatural resolve, I blitzed toward the "Big Man" and lead the charge with my shoulder. If I could spear him to the ground I would pummel him with my own fists.

yvm8HTs.png

LOCATION: Fighting to the Jungle | OBJECTIVE: Fighting | POST #: 3
TAG (FOES) : Lord Kizash Lord Kizash
TAG (ALLIES) : @​

[media]

Clearly Kizash thought that this would go in some different direction, and frankly, so did Caltin but there was absolutely no reason to dwell on what was or what could be. No, even if all was meant in jest, Vanagor at his best was not the most intelligent choice of a “mark” when it came to pranks. There was something “wrong” going on in his mind and he could not focus on it, so Caltin was going to push forward as he watched “The Master of Nothing” clip the lightsabers to his belt and try to match the big man’s physicality.

Come on…

Vanagor was expecting every step of the charge coming at him, it was really the only move that Kizash could make physically. What he was not expecting was the outright spear all the way to the ground. The massive Jedi Master was more than capable of defending a takedown but this was a takedown that used that against him and the big man found himself on his back.

He was indeed getting peppered, but sadly (for Kizash) a mere few were landing. This was the difference between the Light and the Dark at its most clear. Even at his worst, Caltin was keeping a clear mind and defending while positioning himself to better engage the whirlwind that was Kizash. Eating a punch here, an elbow there, a headbutt, there was little he could do but press forward until…

The Sith’s arm was pinned “outward” and behind him.

Not to mention he was in body scissors.

If he did not look, that was his choice, but if Kizash did see the look on his opponent’s face, he would see blotches of bruising and blood as well as scratches of a face being hit multiple times, even trickling down his face. Kizash would also see the eyes of a monument. The eyes and features of a landmark that was caught in the middle of previously the spoken storm weathering it, enduring until the moment they would be either out the other end, or within the eye.

At this point… did it matter which?

My turn!

A powerful open palmed jab and then another laden with an even more powerful “Force Push” sending him up and far enough away to “reset” the two of them would be next if everything went the way Caltin wanted them to. If not then there would be more to come.

Eku1KfW.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom