Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank_1_-_Copy.png

TALOS MAIN BATTLE TANK

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a tracked main battle tank for the Imperial Guard Corps.
  • Image Source: War Thunder [x] [x]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Roble, Apex, Breshig
  • Primary Source: Main Battle Tank
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
Tank_2_-_Copy.png

• Excellent Protection
  • Good Firepower
  • Good Speed
WEAKNESSES
  • Requires support units for supply
  • Very Heavy Vehicle
  • Vulnerable from behind and above
DESCRIPTION
The Talos Main Battle Tank is a development of the result of the Imperial Downfall. A cheap and easy to license & produce main battle tank based on a strong chassis and classical tracks instead of repulsorlift technology. Developed by the Olympian Armorsmiths, the tank was named after the neutron star of their home system and went into serial production with three different variants.

The most produced is an export Variant meant to be purchased by anyone, a relatively new concepts for the Vandemarian Techwrights to make them more competitive as well as bring them into the public eye of a tough and competitive arms industry. It is an overall solid vehicle but has a decreased armament compared to the Regular and Command variants which are made exclusively for domestic use and that of imperial splinter governments.

Its versatile main weapon combined with extensive defensive systems and strong armour make it an ideal battle tank for mobile warfare but also for pitched battles or more narrow environments. Complemented by a high speed both in forward and reverse, it allows for quick redeployment as well as getting where it is needed or getting out where it is too dangerous.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund

Nicely done, and a fascinating transfer from IRL into Chaos. I can tell you've put some thought into this, and I like what you're doing here. Working out the ratings balance took a moment, but you are balanced for all three variants.

I will just point out that while your weaknesses are acceptable and everything is balanced (on paper) that I would like to see, for the future, a bit more thought put into distinct & significant weaknesses. For example, some specific weakness an Infantryman versus one of your tanks on a battlefield somewhere might utilize; what weakness could a common soldier exploit to increase their odds of survivability, provided they don't have access to Anti-tank weapons?

These tank units are quite powerful as they stand, but giving any PVP Opponents a bit of an edge just leads to more fun and a better story overall. If you'd like any help thinking of possible ideas, I invite you to contact me on Discord. I have a few ideas already in mind if you're interested.

APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom