Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open Market Taking Commissions for Custom Weapons, Armor, and Gadgets

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Greetings all.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Rusty, Chaos's engineer with a few bolts loose. In the past, I was one of the premier designers of custom equipment and outright insanity, doing everything from suicide bomber kits for oversized turkeys to weaponizing dad jokes, along with a plethora of more serious, specialized weapons designed with a specific purpose in mind. I've also designed sniper rifles that could punch through beskar, blasters that could shoot down incoming artillery, single-use miniature lightsabers that can be launched as projectiles, and nuke-powered turbolasers. In short, if it can be done, I've probably done it. Yes, this includes a gun designed to launch frozen Twinkies and one that can duct tape someone's mouth shut from across the room.

I've been away from the site for awhile due to personal reasons, but now that I'm properly medicated and have the writing bug again, I'll be taking commissions for custom bits of kit. Here's the kicker: I need a challenge. Give me a problem to solve, and if it catches my fancy, you'll come away with the sort of lunacy that drives Factory judges to drink. But, you've got to really make me want to try. If it's something I've already designed some kit to handle, I'll direct you towards that, instead. If the problem is simple enough, I might tell you how to do it yourself. Either way, you've nothing to loose if you try, so, in the words of one of the great philosophers of our modern age, come at me, bro.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
This might be a tall order, but if you can pull it off, I'll owe you.

I need a gun that paralyzes/incapacitates/freezes incorporeal entities without harming them. Starweirds, Netherworld beings, smoke demons, rogue souls, living fire, that sort of thing. Trapping is optional - I'm not out to ghost-bust.

And if you get Long or Battlefield range out of it, so much the better.

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
This sounds fun! I looked at Gertrude and I like it. (I'm not requesting it lol. I'm just saying it's pretty cool)
I'm also gonna look at your other stuff. Maybe I'll request something in the future.

Basically, I'm just putting this here so I'll see what other people are saying lol

Last edited:

Rusty

This might be a tall order, but if you can pull it off, I'll owe you.

I need a gun that paralyzes/incapacitates/freezes incorporeal entities without harming them. Starweirds, Netherworld beings, smoke demons, rogue souls, living fire, that sort of thing. Trapping is optional - I'm not out to ghost-bust.

And if you get Long or Battlefield range out of it, so much the better.

Hmm, that IS a tall order. Am I to assume the end user is Force Sensitive? That could potentially make the difference between merely difficult and impossible.
Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin

Rusty

My first instinct would be frangible projectiles made out of kyber crystal dust with a fuse set to explode at a certain distance via laser rangefinder. The idea is that you would create a cloud of particles around the entity capable of interacting with both the Force and the physical world. Through a link to the user provided by a piece of the donor crystal, they should, in theory, be able to project a Force stasis field or some such at range that could then interact with the being in question. There's no reason to think such a system couldn't work on more corporeal beings. The primary drawbacks would be the scarcity of ammo, since finding disposable kyber crystals probably isn't the easiest thing in the world, and the limited time frame within which the customer has to act before the cloud generated dissipates too much to be of use.

We all fall in parallel
Hey Rusty, how would you feel about making a bow and quiver? The quiver cycles and fits arrows with various tips based on what the user prompts. Explosive tips, electromagnetic [EMP], sticky, etc? The frame collapsible, etc.

You can trick it out however you want. I just have a basic premise of what I'd like and I know you do good work.

Rusty

Hmm. I can't say I've worked on a bow before, aside from a crossbow or two. That in and of itself isn't anything new, though I think I could probably provide a couple of tweaks to the design. Off the top of my head, a system designed to straighten the limbs more rapidly and an automatic tensioning system for the string come to mind. 40 pounds of draw weight gets you 160 pounds equivalent, if my admittedly back of the napkin math works out.

I have made arrowheads, specifically the Light Dart. If I can get those through, anything else will be a cinch. Marrying them to a nonsequential selection system could be a neat trick. Lemme play around in CAD for a minute, see if I can work up an STL file for the printer. Oh, wait, don't actually have to build one. Makes things easier.

tl;dr- I can make it happen.

Takui Takui

Zivos

Z
Spitballing here.

Ubese character, breathing Uba IV atmosphere.

Any ideas on a helmet/rebreather device for comfort of life in plain oxygen atmospheres that would allow easy consumption of solids and liquids without having to use an emergency port or retreating to his ship?

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
My first instinct would be frangible projectiles made out of kyber crystal dust with a fuse set to explode at a certain distance via laser rangefinder. The idea is that you would create a cloud of particles around the entity capable of interacting with both the Force and the physical world. Through a link to the user provided by a piece of the donor crystal, they should, in theory, be able to project a Force stasis field or some such at range that could then interact with the being in question. There's no reason to think such a system couldn't work on more corporeal beings. The primary drawbacks would be the scarcity of ammo, since finding disposable kyber crystals probably isn't the easiest thing in the world, and the limited time frame within which the customer has to act before the cloud generated dissipates too much to be of use.

Sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom