Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tabalut lo haran (On patrol into Hell)

The ship was cold, so very cold. And his head hurt. Hype Darkwater sat on the bunk aboard his ship. The ship itself was in dead space. Hype leaned forward on his shoulders, his hands hung limp over his knees. His helmet was sitting on the bed. His hair was tousled, his bloodshot eyes stared ahead at nothing.
So much gone, so much lost. What had happened to Mandalorian honor? Ilum was seen as a stain by so many.... Hype saw it as a victory. But it didn't make any difference if everyone was out to get him. Hype broke into a cold sweat. His gloved hand clenched and opened. Repeat. Was he losing his mind? Most probably. A slain family, and slain friends never helped an already tumultuous mind. He had probably lost it already. How little Hype cared for anything. Nothing mattered. His life was empty. No one would be willing to get past his harsh exterior. By the time they got inside him, they would have to be half nuts themselves. Hype closed his eyes and shuddered. All will pay. The Jedi must pay. They did this to him. They always did. They convinced his father to try to help them. Look where that had gone. They killed his friend without warrant.
Hype's eyes flickered open, even more wild than before. They held pain, suffering, loneliness, and over shadowing all, anger, and a lust for revenge.

Zagara Vao

Writer account. Check my characters out!
"What on earth is that doing all the way out here?"

The Mynock, a Dynamic-class freighter, slowly glided towards the Kum'rrk vessel, using its stabilizer thrusters to come to a full stop right under the transport on the same axis plane. Aboard, Sonorous and her droid, XV11, could only wonder at how a Mandalorian ship was floating all the way out near the edge of the Outer Rim. She wasn't wearing her helmet - only her main suit stayed on as she sat at the cockpit of her ship. Her darkened grey and crimson red armor shined with a little less luster by now; blaster marks and the noticeable running scorch mark across her chest plate marred what used to be pristinely shiny armor, but perhaps for the better. A lightsaber was slung to her utility belt as well - a reminder of the last solar cycle's good hunting. Her red skin and headtails seemed to glow under the overhead lighting of the pilot's cockpit.

"Well, what now?", she asked the little droid, which returned a string of beeps and boops, to which she nodded and sighed. "Even if we tractored it back, do you realize how this'll look? I'll come off as either a petty junker or lke I just screwed off a fellow Mandalore", she replied stoically as she eyed the front spoilers of the craft above the Mynock through the window panel.

"Well, for old time's sake. Let's see if we're in luck today." She then opened a frequency with the seemingly derelict fighter, and in Mandalorian for good measure, attempted to hail it. "Any helmets in there?", she idly asked as she leaned back and kicked her armored feet up on the control panel, resting her hands behind her head as she vainly waited for a reply, or anything, really.

[member="Hype Darkwater"]

Hype's thoughts were interrupted as his ship pinged, notifying him of a ship nearby. He drew a keep breath, and cleared his mind. His eyes returned to their normal blank state. He rose, grabbing his helmet and walked to the cockpit. He put it on before he sat in the pilot's chair. Another ping, his time from his communications network. He listened and waited a moment before answering. "What's it to you?" he asked his voice sounding even more harsh than it was, coming through the helmets filters. No point in being nice to a stranger, until identified anyway.
He redirected some power into the ships systems, so subtly, it wouldn't show up on any sensors.

[member="Sonorous Daemon"]

Zagara Vao

Sonorous sighed in her cockpit seat. "Here we go", she grumbled. "Listen pal, I'm not here for a fight. You can't just float out here like a space slug. Even they have rocks to anchor in." She lowered her feet from the console and sat up straight, even leaning forward into her comm unit to talk a little more intensely and seriously.

"You can understand me, so I'm going to assume you're Mandalore as well. My name is Sonorous Daemon. I'm not out to get you brother, and I wish for death to stay away from either of us. May no harm come between us. I just want to talk." She kept her voice stoically flat as professionalism demanded, but also tried to demonstrate that she was both concerned and having none of it.

"Is there anyone on board with you?"

Hype listened to her statements silently. He was so tired, he wanted it to be over. But never trust anyone. That phrase, trust no one, had gone through his head so many times, it was his heartbeat. Talk? Why would anyone want to talk to a pilot sitting in a ship in dead space? Options? He could ignore her, and keep being pestered. He could fire up the ship and blast her, but he had sworn never to kill a brother of Mandalore. He sighed. He replied a little less gruffly. "What is it that you want?"

Zagara Vao

"I want to know what a brother is doing floating in dead space", she sharply replied as she turned to XV11, making a face before turning back and continuing to talk. "Look, whatever it is, you can talk to me. You could've killed your Alor or slept with his wife, and I won't be quick to judge - but to be frank, you're no use to the clans if you freeze your ass to hell out here." Sonorous then put her helmet on and continued to talk. "Your ship would have been fine, but seeing as you're still alive, I'd reckon some company would be better."

Hype considered his answer. He coughed violently. His damn lungs haven't been the same. In fact his entire body hadn't been the same since being bathed in lightning. He would need implants, if he was too.... implement his plan. ​"I am.....contemplating my situation, and determining what I need to do, to accomplish a task of sorts." Was he wheezing? He couldn't tell. Hype leaned back, wincing from his back muscles protest. Yes, he would need medical treatment. He would have his revenge. He would keep his honor. Even if he died in the process.

Zagara Vao

"You wanna' come on board and let's discuss it? One helmet, face-to-face with another?"

To be honest, Sonorous was having great difficulty stringing his cryptic, staccato replies to her probing. She figured it'd probably be much easier if they just sat down and talked it out instead of trading verbal volleys through comm frequencies. "If your jetpack's still working, I can open the emergency hatch for you. I'm the only one on board this freighter too, unless you count my droid", she reassured. It'd probably take an additional 10 secs or more to re-pressurize the Mynock but hey, that's what re-breathers were for.

Hype disliked leaving his ship. It was his home, his life. Everything he did was to keep it going. He drew in a shaky breath, and coughed again. He felt a bitter taste in his mouth, like steel. He spit the blood out on to the floor. "Fine, I'll come. But we'll have to attach ship-to-ship.... my jet-pack isn't functioning properly." Without waiting for a reply, his ship sprung to life, and immediately barrel-rolled closer to [member="Sonorous Vao"] 's ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom