Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWRP: Rules of War

Mauda

Look at me. Finally out of my Factory/Faction hole.

So I've been thinking. I want my factions to be brutal and essentially devoid of Morals. War crimes left right and centre in the name of the 'greater good'. So thinking back to historical wars, all my ideas have been Orbital Bombardment, Chemical Weapons, Forceful Experimentation etc etc. Anything that might have been frowned upon or shouted at during our glory days of killing eachother.

Naturally, all of that applies to warfare in SWRP, which then got me thinking..

Does this Galaxy even have Rules of War?

Do states universally understand what's right and wrong in Warfare and make efforts to avoid or conduct these aspects of engagement?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Orex Mauda"] - Nope. No IC rules.

The prime limiting factor has always been the "No Superweapons" OOC Rule. Thusly, Deathstars, future nukes, mass bombardment, infections that wipe out a whole biome/planet, Force-Suck-A-Planet-Dry Sith rituals, etc. The usual.

Plus, technology in Star Wars has always been so absurd that any attempt to "Uber Tech" or "Uber Virus" on a galactic level has always been met with an equally eye-rolling "Uber Fix-It Tech" or "Uber Cure-all" dominion thread. Heck. I mean. We built two Alderaans, blew up (then fixed) Corellia, killed half the galactic population in the first day of Netherworld, enslaved every droid ever made with Omni, and part of our timeline is an 800 year darkness caused by the Handwavium-Virus.

So yeah. Skies the limit, at this point. Go nuts. :D :p

[member="Orex Mauda"]

There is no real rule of engagement other than what makes sense to your storyline, and what the board reacts to. For example, if you go around Orbital Bombarding people then you and your faction need to be prepared for the IC consequence of people not trusting you and reacting to you badly. The same applies for use of chemical/biological weapons etc.

So than, I'd imagine that disruptor rifles aren't Illegal like they are in cannon? cause i don't see the galactic empire telling folk what they can and can't use. I imagine factions and planets have their own laws of course, but I haven't seen any factions talk about legality of weapons so far

Mauda

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

So no rules.

Well that's awfully boring. Was looking forward to being sent countless letters regarding "The blatant and outright abuse of Article X" After wiping out a frustrating population.

Hey ho.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Voska Naudir"] - There are no "illegal" weapons. Go ham.

[member="Orex Mauda"] - You know there are Sith on this board right? I mean... They kill people, suck out their souls, put those souls into demonic bodies, then turn around and unleash those demons on their own people. Who then. When either of them die. They finally go to the Netherworld of the Force. And are tormented by undead spirits and the metaphysical burnings of Hel. For eternity.

So yeah. Try putting a Sith Alchemist on trial sometime. "Ahem. Hear ye, hear ye. This Sith Lord is found guilty of causing necrotic damnation of the body, mind, and soul of their limitless victims, probably for all eternity in the seven pits of Hel. Therefore, we sentence them to material and spiritual annihilation via a Force Energy ritual and shall even have their dark matter cleansed from all alternate universes and timelines from this moment forth. Court is adjourned."

Anyway. We set a pretty high bar for "unrighteousness" around here. ...Impress me. :D :p

Mauda

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Honestly I never considered the capacity many of these people have to do awful things.

Looks I'm gonna need a special camp or two

No mercy for aliens.

Captured humans get a hot chocolate and a blanket. (Not really expect to get executed on the spot)

Distruptors are probably considered illegal by the SJO and ORC, along with torture by everyone but the Sith. Most likeley a basic geneva convention between most majors

I remember there was a summit to attempt to make some rules of war back when TSE was fairly new. TSE was there, but walked out when the SJO representative found it appropriate to crack bird puns at [member="Darth Saarai"] which was the only excuse we needed to back out of the talk and justify further violence.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Funny I ran into this after posting in the sith/mando invasion...

I just wrote up a post describing what the ancient conquerors in Earth history used to do when invading their enemy 's land.
They razed it..burned all the crops, forest and then salted the fields so as when they left, what people remained would find it difficult to survive, live off the land again.
It was common practice in ancient times to do that to your enemies. I'm assuming we're writing warfare based on our own worst ancient history..lol
Anywho..just posted something similar that my character bared witnessed to, over Concord Dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom