Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swamp Thing

I can hear you, he replied to Ura. It wasn't even quite words. Not in the usual sense. His mind seemed to take her message and then apply her voice to it, but it was deeper. There was meaning and emotional intent in a very different way to a tone of voice. More direct.

This thing is useless. Can you help take a little of my weight? He asked. Whilst Acaadi could stand it hurt a great deal to place much weight on the injured leg. He knew that over time it would become unbearable. He should have been helping to lead them back, not stuck deploying all of his will and focus just to keep up with them.

Tyra Ashen

T
They were all injured, tired and soaked from swamp water. The situation wasn't looking very good from where they sat on the muddy bank. Darkness was approaching and they had no idea how far the nearest settlement was, or where they could shelter for the night. One thing was certain, they couldn't stay on this muddy bank.

Kyra was the first to voice this and to muster the rest into getting moving. Then she asked if Tyra would help her find her shoes. Tyra looked from the girls pink foot, then back up to her eyes where she saw a tear forming in the girls eye. She gave a nod and began to wade out into the mud to help Kyra find her lost shoes. "Yeah, I can help you."

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

A hint of happiness came over Ura when she could hear Acaadi. This was the first time she'd really initiated a Force Merge with someone outside her own species, and it was an important time for her to get it right. Her friend then explained that his cane was useless, and asked the Lervon if she could help take some weight off of it. Ura nodded, sliding under the shoulder with his injured leg.

"I think I got this right. If not, I've got another idea.... I think." As she did her best to get Acaadi set to move, Ura looked over to Kat, who mentioned she had broken some ribs. Even with her limited knowledge of... everything biology she knew that didn't sound good. Ura let off a worried feeling, but quickly tried to bury it. Not the time for that feeling, especially when it might affect Acaadi too. They had to focus. Both Kat and Kyra made it a point that they need to get moving.

"Ok. I guess we need to get going, if everyone can."

Kyra gasped in relief once Tyra had her shoe on her foot. She gave the girl a tight look of appreciation, and without further ado started to stumble her way forward in the thick mud.

Shite, she hoped the whole journey wouldn't be like this-- each step tedious and heavy as the soil seemed to try and pull her back down. Sweet relief came to her once the ground began to shift. Kyra stumbled forward, falling onto her hands and knees as she crawled out of the swamp all together. She gave a soft huff and brought herself standing on solid ground.

"Yeah. We need camp before it's dark." She glanced back at the others, offering a hand to those that struggled to join her on the densely packed dirt.

Around them, sounds of life were kicking up around them. Insects buzzed, birds called out. Bushes rustled. Kyra cast a wary glance behind her, feeling like she was back in the Shadow Land. But hey. If she could survive there, how would this be any different.

Speaking of which.

"A fire. Did anyone grab something to set one? Or can you- can you make it? IS that even possible with the force?" She asked the air around her. She tried to steady her breath as she walked deeper in. It quickly became apparent that the further they walked into the swamp, the more dense the wildlife became. She turned back around to the group, giving them a hesitant look.

"Maybe we should just camp out here ... where there's space... and we can see things..." She gave the swamp a wary look, telling herself that if there was anything dangerous in it, it would have already gone after them.

Everyone looked ready to fall where they stood. She wondered if they would even be able to start the hike to a town come morning.

"I'm going to fetch firewood.... feel free to join me," she continued to ramble, her lack of confidence showing.

Acaadi slowly lowered himself down onto the floor with Ura's help. He felt a rush of relief as the pain subsided. It was so nice to get the weight off his leg, but also disappointing to know they were stopping well short of help.

"Thank you Ura," he said out loud, but she would feel his relief directly.

"I learned enough of manipulating energy to heat something up," he told Kyra. "I don't know if I could get anything this wet to light..."

Kat looked around, she had learned how to use Pyrokinesis and Cyrokinesis before but she knew like Acaadi that the material around here would be too wet. "Kyra, we need to stay together, go with a couple people to collect firewood. Someone skilled in Beast Control would be ideal." Kat said a little breathless as she warned Kyra, going alone would spell trouble and they needed to stick together. "Connecting with animals is really crucial here, we could avoid a lot trouble with the wildlife if we can calm them down."

Falling down to the ground again, Kat looked at the group, "if we heat the air around the wood, that could draw the moisture out and then make the wood viable." Kat suggested as she wheezed a little.

When Kyra suggested that they make camp where they were after some walking, Ura was almost surprised. She looked up, seeing that the sun had become lower. She looked at Acaadi before helping lower him to the ground. She sat down next to him, feeling his relief. Her friend would feel the happiness from her as she spoke up to answer.

"No problem. Just glad your able to rest." Her thoughts drifted a little to her pet, Ger'Off. He would've loved this place. Tons of water, and plenty of things to eat, both prey and rocks. It was then that Kyra asked if anyone could light a fire with the Force. Both Acaadi and Kat answered, which surprised the Lervon. She didn't actually know you could do that. And then Kyra seemed intent on trying to get firewood, and Kat quickly told her someone should go with her. Ura nodded in agreement.

"Kat's right. You shouldn't go on your own." She then mentally spoke to Acaadi. "Just don't ask us right now."

Tyra Ashen

T
Tyra gave a nod when Kyra Perl Kyra Perl thanked her for retrieving her shoe. They were all in need right now and any little bit help. She even helped the poor girl get through the mud as they pushed their way forward. Tyra herself was having an easier time than most getting through the mud do to her inherited Valkyri strength. When they finally made it to semi stable land, Kyra tried giving orders the best she could. Fire was a good start, but there was one thing they definitely needed. "We need shelter of some kinda. Just enough to keep the rain and wind off us. Fire won't do much good if we die of exposure." She turned her gaze to Kyra. "But, fire is a good start. I'll go with you."

if they're watching anyways
"It'll be worse if we keep going and you puncture a lung," Auteme said. The teenager felt a sort of despair; a tiredness and defeat that permeated the air. She knew she couldn't let it take her -- she knew she needed to keep going, to keep doing what she could to help those around her. At least she wasn't injured like some of the others. "Least I can do is set it."

The padawan shifted over to take a look at Kat, placing her hands lightly on the other Jedi's torso and feeling -- well, sensing -- around for the breaks. It wasn't as bad as she'd thought, one of them was just a major fracture and was still largely in place. The other was a full break and seemed to have shifted inside Kat's torso. It was likely causing a fair amount of pain and had the potential to cause internal bleeding... she'd have to act quickly.

Auteme closed her eyes and placed her hands on the breaks. A moment of focus later and the break began to mend; once it was set in place the fracture began to heal as well. And once it was done... the teenager simply laid back and closed her eyes. "Don't let me get eaten by the grabworms," she muttered. "I read it's a pretty gross way to go."

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom