Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Sundered Light - AC dominion of Ossus

jAdjBgt.png

Heinrich Faust: Grand Marshal of the Ashlan Crusade

Tags:
Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir

kP1KTsJ.png

Rain

"I imagine it was a strange feeling for you. But then again, I can't say I have much experience with dying."

His smile slowly returned as he made the joke, his heart not feeling quite as heavy as before. Heinrich had always been one to carry his burdens on his shoulders without rest, but lately, he found it easier to take at least a small break from it, though he wouldn't be able to do so without those close to him.

He placed a hand on Eina's shoulder, eyes meeting hers as she spoke of his lack of visits to her home. Heinrich knew that he hadn't been the best friend he could be, and it pained him to see her sad because of him. It wasn't easy, learning to open himself up to others. Thankfully, he had been getting better at it, albeit slower than he would like.

"I know, Eina. I've allowed myself to become too distracted. This time, I will for sure. Once we're done here, we'll go straight to your home. We can take one of your portals there."

The Grand Marshal had failed to nurture his long-standing friendship with the pair, and it cost him. Ashla had seen it fit to grant him a second chance, and Heinrich would not squander it like he did before.

"I'm glad to hear that some were managed to be saved. Though the Maw is our greatest enemy, redemption should always be the first choice. Many don't get that chance."

Heinrich often felt sorry for those under the Maw's thumb. Though the Grand Marshal had remained a loyal servant of Ashla, something about the misguided nature of those within the Brotherhood resonated with him. After all, he too had fallen prey to the machinations of the Dark Voice in the past. If he were to condemn those within the Maw, then where would that leave someone like him?

"You did great, Eina. Ashla may have been what brought you back, but you have always been so good to Gei."

His gaze drifted off once again as she asked him if he was okay, his hand reaching for his pocket and pulling out Oraada's montral ornament.

"I'm... better, now that I know you're alive. I thought I lost the two of you, and it was... hard to handle. Thankfully, this kept me from completely losing myself. You see, Oraada and I have been growing close. Much like you and Gei, though we don't have the dyad that you two possess. And now that you're back, I am beginning to feel in better spirits."

5m5qOKV.png

WHIxJK9.png

Tags: Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , Lehvi Vass, Lansal Akira Lansal Akira , Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich

kP1KTsJ.png

Pietro offered a bow of the head, acknowledging Greer's presence as she greeted him. The young knight had been making a name for herself within the Crusade, though largely as a hotheaded, impulsive individual. Nevertheless, she had grown into her own, and withstood all of those that may doubt her endless ability. The youthful fervor often witnessed among those of the Star Thistles was admirable, and Pietro had made sure to cultivate that fervor when he could.

Before speaking, the Cardinal heard out the others, weighing their options as talks of both Tython and Kashyyyk continued. Turning his focus toward Matsu, he finally began to offer a reply.

"A terrible thing, to be sure. I will ask the Holy Jury if they have any relevant intel that might assist your investigation. You'd be surprised at just how far their reach can be."

His thoughts drifted for a moment, focusing on the terrorist known as Laertia Io. Pietro had encountered her once, within the ruins of New Adasta. Their fight was something that hindered his forces from taking the city, and it still left a sour taste in his mouth.

"The Bogan works in strange ways, and often brings the lost into its web of deceit. Thankfully, we have the means to counter such efforts. As for Tython, any aid you can provide will be welcome, I'm sure. We have already begun deploying humanitarian aid to the planet, but it will need much more before it can hope to become whole once again. We will gladly send help to you in return."

His eyes shot over to Greer as he spoke.

"You have my blessing, Greer. Your experience with the Wookiees would certainly be beneficial."

The Cardinal turned his attention to Lansal next. The Felucian was a new face to the Crusade, though he had already been making himself known through sharing stories of the struggles of his people.

"Word has reached my ears of Felucia as well. Tell me, what can we do to help?"

5m5qOKV.png

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Lady Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
The Light of Ashla

Champion and Avatar of Ashla
jAdjBgt.png
Objective: To speak and meet Heinrich
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
Writing With: Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Closed
5dt1Tto.png
[ Reunion ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

["Neither was I, it was a moment. It didn't hurt, it just happened."] she tried to explain.

She really felt nothing but the relief that Gei was safe. For her, that was the most important thing at the moment. She was still sad; she wanted to believe Heinrich would now really come to visit them. But she had to be disappointed so many times. The Grand Marshal didn’t even come when they came out of somewhere together and got off the same ship essentially on Ession.

So far, something has always interfered with this plan, even when the man promised it.

["Indeed? Is nothing going to stop this now?"] she asked him.

She really wanted to know if he could come now. Eina knew that Gei would have been very happy for him too. And of course, she also wanted to show their little girl to Hei.

Some souls were indeed saved, but very many were lost there. Especially on the Maw side. It didn't matter to Eina who was on which side. Every soul can be healed or changed. And the marauders; they really should have recovered and healed. And the fact that even their greatest warrior turned away from them gave her tremendous hope that they could all be saved.

She smiled gently at the next words.

["I try to treat everyone the same, I don’t discriminate against anyone."] she told him.

Of course, Gei was much closer to her soul and heart, as they were one in the Force, but she tried to treat everyone equally and not discriminate against them, not even in Gei's company. She was about to say something sedative when Heinrich uttered the name of Oraada. Eina's body tensed for a moment, and her face grew even gloomier, and something flashed in her eyes.

["That girl is dangerous! Very!"] concern flashed in her eyes and it was clear in her voice as well.

She was always honest, as she was now, and it never crossed her mind that she might hurt him with her words.

["There is darkness in her soul and aura, getting bigger and stronger. She doesn’t care about anyone or anything, she completely excludes everything, only you exist to her, like an obsession. With this she puts not only herself, you, but everyone else near her into danger. And you did the same at the ball. You didn't care about anyone, you just wanted us to leave you alone…"] she said, there was worry and grief in her voice.

She and Gei were different, they never excluded others or dealt with each other more than others. Thus, she did not know whether such behaviour was normal or not.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

V0Ngyla.png

TAG: Anashja Tal Anashja Tal
Objective: To Let Others Understand

The area of which where the monks all stood together, was in silence. Some was of mourning, others were of simple prayer. Away from the group, a differently robed individual sat with another of the monks. A long sobbing was emitting from the robed monk, the other one simply sat and tried to be comforting. The closer anyone got, the more into view it became apparent that he appeared to be more of someone of a vagrant, a homeless person. The homeless ones head rose as he spoke, his voice was of a gentlemen but seemed a bit hoarse, as if shared in the others sorrow.

"What is contained in the forests, was never made for those little. You must decide to let go, letting scenarios of what, when and if does not do anything to help. It has occurred and shall remain with in your heart for the rest of your life. Mourn your heart...but don't let it consume your heart."

The sobbing increased as the arm wrapped around with a gloved hand on the monk. Rubbing the back of his shoulder, the homeless looking person slowly raised his hooded head over to pay more attention. Large pale green eyes could be seen under the hood, his skin was almost of leather, long but of age, as if the person has lived several lifetimes. The face was of that, a Sullustan, one that would seem very familiar to those of the Ashlan Crusade many years beforehand and many more even before that. The eyes would then shift, seeing a person approach possibly as he looked over in that general direction and spoke, his head tilted while appearing...questionable.

"You...you don't look from around here."

jAdjBgt.png

Tags:

kP1KTsJ.png

Rain

"Well either way, I'm just glad you're back."

Heinrich still didn't fully understand how it was possible. Even with his immense faith in Ashla, it was all hard to fully process. But then again, Ashla worked in mysterious ways, and the Grand Marshal wasn't going to be the one to question it. In the end, his friends were alive, and that's what mattered.

"Yes, I've failed to visit far too many times. Besides, I haven't met my niece yet."

Another smile followed as he spoke of Eina's daughter. Geiseric and Eina were like family to him, and when he heard news of their daughter, he naturally wanted to meet her. Yet, he continued to remain away, spending entirely too much time obsessing over destroying the Dark Voice of the Maw. Failure at Ession had given him tunnel vision, and caused him to remain away from those he cared about. All but one...

"I must admit, I've sensed it too..."

His gaze drifted for a while, off to the stars and wherever Oraada might be in that moment. He had grown incredibly close to her, yet there were aspects of her that still seemed shrouded in mystery, perhaps even to her. Their time together had been amazing, and Heinrich felt more comfortable in her presence than he had in years around anyone. Yet, Eina was right, something wasn't right.

"She is a very kind person, and has done a lot for me since we first met. That being said... there is something that has hung over our heads. Some outside force that I can't quite figure out. In truth, I've felt it for some time, but I haven't been able to discover the source. Whatever it is though..."

A brief pause followed.

"I want to help her."

5m5qOKV.png

The Light of Ashla

jAdjBgt.png
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
5dt1Tto.png
[ Reunion ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

["It really was Ashla's will."] she told him.

She said this seriously now, as if she really believed and thought so. Which was probably of great significance, since Eina didn’t say that many times because she didn’t consider Ashla as a goddess. The former Valkyrja has always been an atheist; this has not changed now, even after her death and return. The woman will always remain an atheist, despite the fact now she was part of Ashla and with her permission she preserved her own personality and consciousness as well. She probably would have said no if she had lost herself.

["Actually, no one has seen her yet. So you will probably be the first. She's like me. I mean, she was born out of my and Gei's soul, so her aura is weird just like mine. And she has wings, just like Gei."] she added.

She thought this might be important information and didn't want to surprise Hei. And of course, the big change was that Gei already has wings. It became much gloomier and sadder during the next topic. For the part that Hei wanted to help, too, however, she shook her head firmly. Eina didn't think it was a good idea.

["Maybe you should stay away from it. It has a bad effect on you too. You may not notice, but Gei and I did. I think others do as well, but they dare not speak because of your rank. Ever since that girl showed up, you’ve turned away from your friends, your family, you've become careless. You don't care about anyone, I just feel from you, you want the others to finally leave you alone. You did that at the ball as well. You keep secrets from others, before me too. With this, you put others at risk. You've never come to talk to me again since Quermia. It is as if everything and everyone has ceased to exist for you. You lock yourself a lot better than I've known you since, you rule out everyone and everything from your life."] she said sadly.

She thought for a few moments about how she should say the following, because it was a difficult and painful topic.

["I don't like to say this because I love you as my brother, but until you become like you used to, until you find the old balance in yourself - I don’t want to fight on your side. I don't want your carelessness, secrecy, careless behaviour to endanger others."] she told him. ["Neither Gei nor I told you what happened at Weken, but it can't stay that way. You also need help, you are not in a situation and condition to help others. Not now."]

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

The Cardinal turned his attention to Lansal next. The Felucian was a new face to the Crusade, though he had already been making himself known through sharing stories of the struggles of his people.

"Word has reached my ears of Felucia as well. Tell me, what can we do to help?"

Lansal bowed.

"Thank you for this audience. As you would have heard, Felucia is beset by Bogan-controlled beasts and tribes, and with the Vigilants gone and much of the population emigrated, their dark reach grows ever stronger. It would be my wish that, if possible, Your Excellency finds volunteers and support to assist me in rooting out these monsters. I understand the Crusade is facing many problems, so I would appreciate even a small amount of help: Jedi, soldiers, anything."

V0Ngyla.png

Objective: Enter Dreams
Tags: Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

Equipment: Beskar'gam, lightsabers, healing supplies, 3 thermal detonators, EF-M401e Rampage, Healing Blaster type A

Background-Eraser-20220202-101018441.png
Anashja felt something new as she continued in her trek through the mental construct of the unconscious monk, things were beginning to be clearer, but not there was the sorry, a deep burning sorry, but also a desire to cling to it and not let go. What did this all mean, she shook head gently as she ran her fingers gently through the mist as she walked.

There was another presence here, something more conscient than the rest of realm and she felt drawn to it closer and closer. Anashja channeled her balance to ensure the creepy sorrow did not over take her. She was only capable of these dangerous walks because of that balance, her regular trips into damaged minds could easily taint her own, but the light protected her.

Ahead she saw a vagrant looking man with a hood on, she paused for a moment, trying to listen to his words, they began to add to her understanding, but she needed to approach closer. This man could be another mind walker like her, but she felt he was more.

The Togrutan woman walked as her greeted her. "I'm not from around her, I am a visitor from far away, are you a part of this world? You might be able to help me?" she looked at the man and there was a mild streak of remembrance in his face, but she couldn't really place it, but he looked old and experienced, like a long kept memory, maybe she was finally in the right place. She smiled sweetly and allowed his force presence to interact with her own, but she would keep her guard up, ready to shut her mind if this turned out to be some kind of mental trap. "What can you tell me about our sleeping monk?"

She looked at the person that the homeless person had been been trying to comfort, his face was contorted in sadness and his sobbing continued, threatening to consume all of those around him, Anashja breathed lightly and attempted a soothing power on him to calm his mood but she knew it would not be as simple as that.

V0Ngyla.png

TAG: Anashja Tal Anashja Tal
Objective: To Educate Others

The Sullustan shook his head, overlooking the monk that sobbed. "No...in fact, I do not believe I should know this moment...or this time." There was an odd silence. The monk seemed soothed by her presence, another user of the Force perhaps? Hearing of her question, the Sullustan tilted his head upwards towards the female and spoke.

"The monk is one of the Light Side of the Force, a kind kindred spirit that had his life taken away. He joined without the intention of family and in turn, found one nearby...his affairs, were not public till now and yet, they forgive him...if not for his sorrow. He has lost his daughter to the Forest. A place that while children mingle, had been tainted and corrupted by a spawn. A spawn...the child tried to befriend, a child that had not only gained its trust, but its strength. It lived comfortably near them for a time, till finally the Mother found out. The spawn, wanting to protect the child, when the Mother screeched and pulled, struck and killed her. This moment...is of his wives mourning, the child missing....I feel, still missing to this time, the spawn being...from my time."

The eyes of the Sullustan glowed a bright green briefly and stood still. Memories flash, life flashes, things that would become, did become, process and life. Blinking slowly, he glanced towards the Monk as if studying him, the left hand raising over the Monks hood as he lowered it to reveal his species. Turning a bit quickly, he spoke towards the other in the dreamscape, looking towards her.

"I do not have much time being here...much less, the idea of being...me? The daughter is not fully lost, she is still here. Not in...this time, this dream...but in your time, your moments. All this...he feels...it is..."

There was a strange moment as he fully stood, he felt his time nearing towards the end. Walking slowly, he tried to speak faster as he started to fade from view. The Force User was a memory, a memory that was soon fading away.

"The daughter...the spawn...the forest."

Then, he faded away slowly from view as the memory of the Sullustan ended, a fragment of the Monks memory.

WHIxJK9.png

Tags: Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , Lehvi Vass, Lansal Akira Lansal Akira , Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich

kP1KTsJ.png

Lansal was an individual largely unknown to Pietro, though his story had reached his ears as it had many others within the Crusade. As he spoke of the Felucian struggle, the Cardinal couldn't help but to feel a touch frustrated with the situation. It wasn't that he considered the plight of the Felucians to be a nuisance, but rather that he was frustrated that such a thing could happen within their very borders. It was inexcusable, and would have to be remedied with great haste.

"There are many threats to our cause, yet we are nothing if we cannot defend our own people."

He paused for a moment, weighing the options as he looked into the distance for a moment.

"I will speak with the Holy Jury. They are quite adept at handling outbursts of the Bogan, and would be more than willing to send some of their number to assist."

His gaze slowly returned to meet that of Lansal as he spoke.

"I can't make any promises in terms of military aid, as much of our forces are already committed to keeping the Maw at bay. That being said, I will send what resources we can."

The Light of Ashla would suffer no darkness...

"I will come to Felucia myself, if need be, and bring the Holy Guard, along with those I can muster. In the meantime, I will send representatives of the Jury to further assess the situation, so that we may better assist you. Until then, I can only ask that you hold out a little longer. I swear to you by the Light of Ashla, we will rid your planet of this plague together."

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

jAdjBgt.png

Tags:

kP1KTsJ.png

Rain

Heinrich understood enough of Eina's mention of Ashla to know that it rang true. Though Eina had always been a faithful member of the Crusade, it was no secret to those close to her that she perceived things differently than they did. Nevertheless, Heinrich was glad to see that Ashla saw it fit to bring her and Geiseric back from the clutches of death itself.

The next part, however, caught him off guard.

"Gei has... wings? Well, that's certainly quite the development."

A quiet laugh escaped him, only to slowly fade as the conversation became serious once more.

"I understand, believe me, I do... things have been, changing a lot for me lately. I must admit, sometimes it's hard to keep up with it all."

A lot had happened to the Grand Marshal in recent months. From the fight on Ession, to meeting Oraada, to Tython... sometimes, Heinrich forgot that one man can only do so much at once. Eina was right, there was a balance that he once had that had seemed to take a back seat. Duty and love had clouded his judgment, which was something that was potentially dangerous.

It was time to fix that.

"I'll tell you what, Eina..."

His gaze fell upon the distant horizon, looking across the great expanse before them. His hand reached out toward Eina as he turned to her with a smile on his face.

"Lets go now. It's been too long, and I could use a break from, well, everything. Besides, it's time that I tell Geiseric everything. Perhaps some time away will clear my head as well."

5m5qOKV.png

Pietro Demici Pietro Demici

Truthfully, Lansal was surprised at the amount of help the Cardinal was offering. Of course, it was conditional on what was possible or prudent, but still, the commitment to solving the problem was more than enough. The intensity of the Cardinal's declaration was also surprising, though Lansal supposed he should have expected it from one of the most devoted men of the Crusade.

"Thank you. With Your Excellency's help, it is my hope that Felucia can be fully secured and the threat of the Bogan removed for good from my homeworld. If there is anything the Order- that is, I- can do to show my appreciation to the Crusade's assistance, please let me know."

The Light of Ashla

jAdjBgt.png
5dt1Tto.png
[ Reunion ]

["Yes, he has wings, as does our little girl. Even though I’m part of Ashla already, I don’t really understand either. What I’m sure of is that we still have the abilities that are typical of Valkyrja and Children of Ashla, but we are more than these species. Ashla has created a new species for us to be her avatars. There are only three of us."] she tried to explain it.

That is, she tried to explain it as accurately as possible so that it could be understood by a mortal. The mortal here now meant someone who was not part of Ashla and did not live in the Netherworld. Eina had never lived literally, so her death was also strange. But Gei was mortal, his death was actual; for the crusader, this change was more drastic than for the woman.

Time; yes, sometimes Eina forgot that average people can’t “cheat” time on her like she or Gei by spending some time in the Netherworld and finishing there what they should be finished in Realspace. This, too, was the disadvantage and advantage of not being the "child" of this world.

She didn't really know what had changed in Hei's life recently, as the man hadn't told her anything, he completely ruled her out. She knew something had happened because the man had been given new skills, but she didn’t know how. And of course, his former master, Solipsis, was already dead. This should have been a relief even for a lightsider. And there should have been no guilt in that.

Eina looked at him questioningly, then smiled at the end as Hei told them to go now. She took the man’s hand and nodded; she knew Gei would be very happy about that.

["Thank you, let's go!"] she replied to him.

With that, she first opened a rift to the Netherworld and then, if they were there, home from there to Ession. They were already there in just a minute or two.

Last post.​
Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Aleem Qel Droma

A
Aleem Qel Droma
Objective III
Arrival

A Starfighter soared across the sky and landed near the temple. Aleem exited the ship from the hatch, and landed on his brown boots. His golden shoulder armor, coif, and belt shimmered in the light. Heirlooms for his ancestor, he wore them with pride to mark his Jedi heritage. He had come as a pilgrim, a postulant, having committed to the Ashlan Crusade. Now he would prove that commitment in whatever small measure he could. He knew the tyranny of the dark side, what it had done to his mother, and to his ancestor Ulic. His blood was rife with the long tale of darkness’ torment. And yet he had chosen to leave the Krath remnant, and seek a path closer to Ulic’s prime as a Jedi. He wanted to be a. paladin of Light like his ancestor before him, to use his sword to save rather than crush those deemed too weak or unworthy. All were worthy who heard Ashla’s call, who embraced the truth of the Force.
Aleem began his stroll to the Temple, he felt like he was in school, the first day, jittery, and he tried to control his feelings. Here at least no one would probe his mind and use Sith sorcery to make him conform to rites of long dead civilizations.

Last edited by a moderator:

WHIxJK9.png

Tags: Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , Lehvi Vass, Lansal Akira Lansal Akira , Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich , Aleem Qel Droma

kP1KTsJ.png

The dedication Lansal exuded was welcome in the Cardinal's eyes. His search for greater devotion within the ranks of the Crusade was endless, and to see such fervor was certainly a welcome sight. His response was one of joy and solidarity as he responded with a bow of overwhelming respect.

"Your people have done more than enough, but your continued devotion is certainly welcome. And yes, we will bring order to your home. Ashla wills it!"

His attention turned slowly toward another new face, an individual that had only recently joined the Ashlan fold. As he looked upon Aleem, the Cardina smiled once again.

"I see that the Sacred Blades have chosen to make themselves known. Your work has been pivotal to our cause in recent months. Tell me, young Crusader, what can the Crusade provide the Order in these trying times?"

His words were swift and resolute, offering as much as he could without waiting for formality. Though Pietro was always the politician, these times called for swift, concise action, and the Cardinal wasn't willing to waste breath when the job could be done faster with fewer words. Tython had been defended, but the looming threat of the Bogan was ever-present, and he would not allow its minions to inflict more harm without making a stand.

5m5qOKV.png

Aleem Qel Droma

A
Conclave and Blade

TAGS: Pietro Demici Pietro Demici Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Lansal Akira Lansal Akira Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich

Aleem bowed to Cardinal Pietro, his arms far from his sword. He then rested them high in a sign of peace, below his chest. To be addressed when he was merely a postulant, was an honor.

“My Lord Cardinal, you honor me. To answer your query, The Crusade is instrumental in defending the Ashlan faith. The dark side does not stand idle, it will prey on the weak who cannot defend themselves and who we must defend, and it will erode institutions that are strong in the Light if it is not routed. Unless we are vigilant, using the sword against Bogan, it like a serpent shall seek to slither into the hearts of the downcast, and into those who’s hearts open a door to it. I know this very well, my mother is possessed by the darkness, and I fled the shackles she intended for me. The Crusade gives us warriors purpose, a cause of militant service to Ashla, for a blade is one edge that fights for the Light, petitions and prayer another. I am more prone to wield a temporal sword, though I do not neglect the spiritual one, for The Force is in all things.”

The young Postulant hoped his answer was worthy. He was so new in the Ashlan ranks, and hoped he had not errored or committed heresy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom