Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Storm Class Torpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a special torpedo for use
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: My Subs
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Hyperspace Torpedo
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Explosive Type: Gravitational
  • Delivery Method: Launched
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Area Of Effect: Average
  • Damage Output: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Tracking and seeking: Designed to track and go to the designated target, with built in computers for hyperspace tracking and identification. Using the model of the vessel as well as trajectory to in theory track their destination.
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Tracking: Designed to track a ship even through hyperspace using advanced computer tracking and be able to detonate with a powerful interdicition field to pull them out of hyperspace or severely damage with the stormseeds.
WEAKNESSES
  • Ineffective: While it is designed to release a powerful payload it is really only designed to work effectively when close to a ship target and needs to close the distance.
  • Self repairing: While it can repair its own micro stress fractures the capabilities can take days to hours depending on how damaged they become from use.
  • Targeting: The targeting system is designed to be singular. It doesn't track fleets it is set to go after a single vessel which can have its own positives and negatives. The vessel could be in the middle of the fleet or it could go off on its own.
  • Hyperspace: Like most hyperspace trackering technologies there are problems.. specifically skipping or quickly jumping once a vessel comes out along a different trajectory. The tracker in theory guesses it isn't precise.
DESCRIPTION
Designed by Sala'dine, the torpedo is something of a more advanced warhead. Utilizing different sources of knowledge and information from jedi archives and Imperial libraries she and Kisep kept. Stormseeds of the Nihil and PUlsemass generators from Hapes. The idea was simple enough a warhead able to launch itself to hyperspace for micro jumping across larger distances covertly.... and it works. Stormseeds themselves able to be planted like hyperspace mines and when a ship passes them in the dimension activating causing heavy damage when they strike. CHanging out the larger output for a pulsemass which would rip a ship out of hyperspace but still work to damage them effectively. THen she was looking at means to ensure tracking and avoiding alerts to the enemies as her vessels replied upon stealth generally. The advanced tracking is two fold, the computer functions to lock onto a ship target and computes the information about it. From engines to normal fuel sources to its model of hyperdrive. Barring modifications after market that can chang it it functions like a standard hyperspace tracker tied to a single vessel.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Sala'dine Sala'dine

Okay looking over this I got some interest

How is this a launched device? It has tracking and designated targets capabilities which would make me think more of a missile type than a launched rocket/torpedo.

Also how does it target hypermatter and antimatter engines differently? This is the first I've ever come across anything suggesting this and would love to get some more info on it. Especially since it seems to be targeting hyperspace signature/profiles.

Sala'dine

Ravenfire Ravenfire

It uses hyperspace tracking which was a computer that plotted likely destinations based on the trajectory and craft. It didn't track fuel or signatures.

THis is building on the miniturization of the technology from massive dreadnaught to ties within the span of a year nearly 900 can make it smaller.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Sala'dine Sala'dine

Sure that makes sense, wasn't so much about that, I figured a similar thing of its been years, surely someone would have made it smaller similar to how Moore's Law works in current day society.

It was more things like heat seeking missiles or other weapons that have trackers built in generally have their own propellant and aren't launched from a tube.

Also the other part was about your weakness
  • Ineffective: While it is designed to release a powerful payload it is really only designed to work effectively against one form of engine that is used. Antimatter and hypermatter do not have the same energy output that the torpedo can seek.
Cause in the Hyperspace tracker it never specifies that it just tracks hypermatter drives, and from most things I can find about antimatter it doesn't suggest it uses anything but hyperspace so technically it just tracks as it says via the hyperspace energy signature and since nothing about antimatter says it gives off no signature (Like it could give off a different one but thats not there is no hyperspace signature) I would say it can target both.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Sala'dine Sala'dine

Okay so its hunting the energy signature of Hypermatter engines, alright. Still though my question about if its launched how does it track and keep itself on target? Cause launchers generally are used against targets that don't move real fast or at all but the way you've made this sound it should still hit a target even if they jump to hyperspace or if they come out of hyper space and that doesn't feel right for a launched device. Cause even those that do follow targets require the launcher to be the one still tracking the target, not the missile itself which is generally unguided, so how exactly is this launched if it tracks a target that well?

Sala'dine

Ravenfire Ravenfire

Space magic, truthfully my knowledge of munitions is limited and in star wars the difference between a torpedo and missile seems to be a lot smaller since launchers can at times fire both depending on the grouping. USually I use them interchangably. FOr tracking I would attribute it to the computer. As it does factor in the design of the ship (barring modifications) it would be locked on it and set to go after that one vessel.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Sala'dine Sala'dine

Apologies for the wait, sure its the computer system that comes with the launcher, if you want to specify that the system that's inbuild becomes apart of the ship its attached to or the vehicle or however you'd like to word it I think that should fit fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom