Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stop Spreadin' Those Rumors Around

Location : Ylesia | Theme : X | Dramatis Personae : Noah Corek Noah Corek , Voldran Molf Voldran Molf

Delila was baking out in the heat and humidity of Ylesia. The planet was tropical, so much so it felt as if one was drinking the air. Idly she reflected on the fact that it seemed she went from one extreme planet to another - desert, beachy tropical then more desert, city-wide planetscapes. One day soon she wanted to stay on a temperate and boring planet - perhaps that day would never come. Especially now that she was chasing down a rumor about an odd cult. She had heard things while in the area recently, out at Hene Outpost not too far from Ylesia itself. Delila had done research on Ylesia itself and found it was a magnet for crazies - a good place to start.

That being said, Delila couldn't do it on her own. She had called in reinforcements to dig a little deeper, to see what really was terrorizing the hyperlanes. Corek was in naturally - credits were to be made for dragging in cultist to local authorities. Another soldier was joining them, Delila had never heard of the woman but came recommended from contacts of hers throughout the galaxy. Hopefully the woman would work out , it was going to be enough work not getting killed without having to worry about a defenseless person at the same time.

Green eyes kept watch on the skies next to the docking bays as she waited for both soldiers to arrive. Hopefully Corek had the foresight to bring one of his ships and some explosives, if not a cult they were going to run into something unsavory in this sector.

S H A D O W - L O R D
Rhyssa Edaara Quillan-E’ron
Ace pilot, commando, major, member of the Wraith Squadron (Phantom Group), Force disciple
pCyWmgp.png
Equipment: Purple blade lightsaber | E-11 Blaster Rifle | 2x duranium Shortsword | Blaster Pistol | Tactical Turtleneck with this look | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink || BB-4 astro droid – Little One || X-wing
Tag: Delila Castillon Delila Castillon | Noah Corek Noah Corek
6akoRGg.png

Rhys learned of a not-so-pleasant thing when an old friend approached her that someone needed help. Because she asked for quite a few favours after her husband disappeared, including this friend, among other things, she couldn’t say no when the man asked her to do so. So far, all she has learned is that some evil cultists need to be found and hunted down. Or something like that, the man didn’t know much, just that one of his acquaintances and friends was asking for help.

The red-haired woman knew her husband was going to “kill” her for it. She means, quite precisely because she’s already voluntarily walking into such danger. But there was nothing to do because Rhys was like that. If, exceptionally, she wasn’t attracted to the trouble, she would march straight into it as if it were mandatory. But she was like that and her husband, despite being scared of it, still loved it in her. As well as not being afraid of these. Although on this fact the man was rather frightened at times. Or at least Rhys thought so.

So she gathered her gear and equipment and also travelled to Hutt space. Got a holo picture from her acquaintance and a name about who to look for. She didn’t know if there would be others yet, but now the primary goal was to find Delila Castillon Delila Castillon on the planet Ylesia. And she soon arrived there with her droid and her own ship. Followed the coordinates and thus landed in the appropriate spaceport. After a few minutes of searching, she even found the other red-haired woman she was walking to.

”Welcome, I'm Rhyssa Edaara Quillan, I heard from a mutual acquaintance that you need help. Since Aiken didn’t say much, I would be grateful if you could say more than there are some evil cultists…”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Delila Castillon Delila Castillon - Voldran Molf Voldran Molf
Gear: Armor - Rifle - Sniper - Pistols - Axe - Knives

Noah grumbled quietly to himself as he trudged through the jungle undergrowth of Ylesia, the mud squelching beneath the boots of his armor as he went. Noah had been contacted by Delila and told that there was some kind of cult on the planet that she needed help taking on, of course he had said yes even before she had mentioned the prospect of getting paid for bringing them in. But of all the places why did it have to be forsaken jungle of a world?

During his time in the various militaries he had served in, he had fought from the frozen tundras of Hoth to the lava fields of Mustafar but of all the biomes and climate types the one he hated the most had to be jungles. Was it because of the heat? No, his armor was air conditioned so he could barely feel the heat. Was it the animals? No, his armor protected him from even the largest of handheld weapons so a small bit from a snake was nothing. It was the humidity he hated the most. But it wasn't that it made him uncomfortable, no it was because of how it seemed to cling to his gear.

It was for this reason that he had decided to throw a
poncho on over his armor to keep all his gear from getting wet. After another few minutes of walking he grumbled and finally found who he was looking for, as well as someone he wasn't looking for. Raising an eyebrow under his helmet he looked at Dells and then the new person. "Who's the greenhorn Dells? You know I don't like working with new people..."

Delila knew it was going to be easy for the other redhead to find her - cult of the redheads she had always joked, attracted to one another like a magnet. She had promptly shook the womans hand in greeting, excited to see her actually show up. Now, the woman calling herself Rhyssa didn't seem quite happy about the lack of information but she had still came - a good sign. No one came this far if they weren't willing to do the work.

"Pleasure to meet you Rhyssa. Just waiting on one more and we can get underway, I'd hate to repeat myself."

Waiting for Corek didn't take long, the man strolling up and already making quips about the soldier she had brought into help. She had seen Corek's soldiers, not exactly the delicate special forces that would be needed for this operation. From what she read about Voldran Molf Voldran Molf the redhead would be a perfect fit for the operation they wanted to run.

"Corek, this is Rhyssa, soldier for the Galactic Alliance. I put some feelers out and she was recommended. This is a quiet assignment, not going in and bashing heads so I couldn't ask you to bring in your meatheads could I? Corek, Rhyssa - Rhyssa, Corek."

"We're here because I've heard rumors along the hyperlanes of a cult stealing children and spacers out of the sky and brainwashing them. Some reports of sentient sacrifice. Worse for these part is they terrorize vessels, folks are getting afraid to fly in these parts for fear of being boarded. Worse than being killed I've heard. These are some crazed people. Officials in this area have made an open bounty for the capture of these cultists."

[[ Noah Corek Noah Corek ]]

S H A D O W - L O R D
Ace pilot, commando, major, member of the Wraith Squadron (Phantom Group), Force disciple
pCyWmgp.png
Equipment: Purple blade lightsaber | E-11 Blaster Rifle | 2x duranium Shortsword | Blaster Pistol | Tactical Turtleneck with this look | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink || BB-4 astro droid – Little One || X-wing
6akoRGg.png

Rhys learned almost immediately that they would not be two, but a third companion. She nodded understandingly that the woman would tell her later what the task would be. In light of this, she really felt unnecessary for the other red-haired woman to give a briefing twice. Fortunately, the third person, a man, also arrived soon. However, it was nowhere near as friendly as the woman.

”Welcome Corek! I can be called everything, but I’m not a greenhorn. I am a trained soldier and commando, in addition to a fighter pilot.”

She didn’t mention that she is Force user, too, which wasn't that important. Anyway, she almost always relied on her military affairs and training and not to the Force. And she finally started telling her what the job would be. Rhys scowled when she heard the reasons. She knew right night that it was good to have come for this task. When Delila mentioned the children, she instinctively touched her belly for a moment. This topic has touched her sensitively.

Although many, many months, perhaps a year, had passed since she lost her child, she still mourned him, her unborn child, and such a subject, which affected the children, touched her very deeply. Perhaps since she did not have a normal childhood either, she always wanted to take care of them, as true to anyone else as one would expect from a self-sacrificing soldier. And in light of what was thee other woman said, there was no doubt at all what she would respond to the request. Such an organization had to be liquidated. If it weren't for the kids, it would have been.

”I'm in, I'll help. I also give you my share of the payment, I don't really care about things like that. However, in addition to such inferior deeds, I cannot just walk away…”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah suppressed a groan as he sunk down onto a nearby log, not wanting to give Delila any ammunition to tease him about his age. Reaching up he depressurized his helmet and set it down on the log next to him before setting his rifle in his lap, giving it a good once over as he listened to Dells. He snorted at her characterization of the mercenaries he led and raised an eyebrow at her. "If I remember correctly you are responsible for a good portion of those 'meatheads' training."

His head turned towards Rhyssa and gave her a small but genuine smile. "Didn't mean anything by it kid, it's just when you've been in the business as long as me and Dells have, everyone becomes a greenhorn. But if Dells is vouching for you...well I trust her more than most." Looking back to his rifle he finished giving it a inspection before he began to rotate through the rest of his weapons, inspecting all of them as he listened to Dells, gathering more information than it would seem to the casual observer.

Taking a small pack of cigarettes and a battered lighter with a military insignia out of one of his armors harness pockets he, he withdrew one and lit it, taking a drag on it before narrowing his eyes at Dells words. "Kids? Their taking kids? Feth the credits...I'll take their heads for free." He took a more aggressive drag on the cigarette, almost smoking it down to a nub before throwing it down at his feet and stomping it out. The fact that they were taking children was obviously upsetting to him.

[[ Noah Corek Noah Corek ]] [[ Voldran Molf Voldran Molf ]]

"Just because I trained them doesn't mean they aren't meatheads. I can't work miracles."

Green eyes flicked between the two soldiers assembled in front of her. It seemed both were bought into the process of going out and hunting the odd cult in the area. Delila wasn't going to reiterate the dangers they would be facing. Both were hardened soldiers and knew the potential of death was high with every assignment given.

"No idea if we will actually find anything. Just some clues on where this cult could be, tales from spacers in the area. If you don't know this area is ripe with glitterstim and slaves, so don't be surprised if we find pockets of drug lords and lawlessness. Most of the reports in this system are coming from Nyrvona from what I can tell. There might be a stronghold somewhere on planet or a series of safehouses. Those who get that close don't come back to tell the tale if you get my drift."

"Corek, this is why I had you bring one of your vessels. We're going to need something with a bit more armor than what I have. I imagine once we rescue who we can rescue and blow up what we can they won't be too happy."

She looked between the two again.

"Any more questions before we ship out? If not, Corek lead the way."

S H A D O W - L O R D
pCyWmgp.png
6akoRGg.png

Truth be told, Rhys thought she needed to demonstrate what she could do or convince the man before the task. However, it was a pleasant surprise. After the first impression, somehow she didn’t expect this from the other, but she was pleasantly disappointed. She, too, smiled tenderly and nodded understandingly at the other's words.

”Of course, I understand, I am the rookie on the team. I just find it a little hard to be considered an amateur when I’ve been involved in countless fights and wars in my life.”

Not that they didn't know her merits, they might not even know she was in the rank of major, which wasn't given to everyone who came. But still, they didn’t know, they couldn’t trust her completely.

”Thank you, I will prove that you can trust me too, because I will not let you down.” the red-haired woman said this too.

However, the first part of the man's words was interesting, Rhys looked at the other woman questioningly. She was actually glad that the man also reacted quite fiercely to the fact that children were involved and he was not neutral about the matter. Delila said more information about where their opponents might be. Here in the system, Rhys nodded. In fact, she was of the opinion that whatever clue was the clue and was worth investigating, she did not want to leave here until they were found and this “cult” or sect was disposed of.

As for the risk factor, she was aware as a soldier that any mission could be the last, so she had no problem with that. Rhys shook her head firmly at Delila's question.

”I have no question, for my part we can even start immediately.”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

He chuckled and Dells response and raised an eyebrow. "You aren't a miracle worker? Damn, should ask for my money back then. I expected a miracle from the great Delila Castillon!" The sarcastic quip came with a flourish of his hand towards Dells and a smirk to match the tone. His eyes swiveled towards Rhyssa and raised an eyebrow. "I don't doubt that you've been through the wringer kid, but me and Dells? Between the two of us I'd say we have close to seventy-five years of experience."

"Dells I trust cause I've seen her fight but you? I reserve judgement for when I see you fight."
His head swiveled back towards Dells when she spoke about his ship and he chuckled once again. "Aw, you break my heart Dells, thought you wanted me here for my wit and intellectual stimulation but your just using me for me ship..."

He sighed and pulled out a small holoprojector, flicking it on the show the Solomon, a ship Dells would remember well from their time together in the Pyre. "Fresh from the Wretched Hive shipyards, got her refitted from the last time Jorus worked on her. She's sitting out of system waiting for the call."

When Dells mentioned him leading the way he snorted and reached for his helmet, slipping it on before standing up from the log he had been parked on before cracking his neck and racking the bolt on his rifle. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to get me killed..." With that Noah began plodding along through the jungle.

[[ Voldran Molf Voldran Molf ]] [[ Noah Corek Noah Corek ]]

Delila gave a world-weary sigh as Corek continued on. This had always been a problem - Corek preferred to sit and flap his gums and trash talk rather than getting underway. Perhaps it was more her personality, just fitting quips in here and there rather than trying to cram them all in before they set off on the assignment. Blue-green eyes shifted to the woman, Rhyssa, and she shook her head slightly. Delila was silently apologizing for her part in dragging Corek along, even if the fellow redhead didn't quite understand.

"I assume you're heading out into a clearing to land this thing?"

Dells was a bit slower to follow behind. It would give her a chance to speak to the woman as well.

"Don't mind Corek. He thinks he's a super-soldier because he knocked some heads around on Fondor back in the day. I have full confidence on your abilities otherwise why would I bring you along?"

S H A D O W - L O R D
pCyWmgp.png
6akoRGg.png

The man's manners were still not the best, and Rhys began to feel that if it weren't for the kids, she might have turned around and gone home. The man was a great reminder of why she didn't like mercenaries. It didn’t really matter, she was professional enough not to show that she was hurt by this attitude. And she was professional enough to do the job anyway. She will not let the children down.

Meanwhile, she walked on in the direction of the ship, following the man. Rhys managed to catch Delila's gaze, to which she smiled gratefully and nodded. It was good for her that at least the woman trusted her abilities when the man was no longer like that. Eventually, she stepped over to say a few words. She was really smiling involuntarily now. She had already noticed that it was the way Delila says.

”Thanks for the encouragement! And I guess you wouldn’t have called me if you didn’t feel I was fit for the job.”

The ship they had arrived at was a rather imposing sight, the red-haired woman liked it quite, it looked like a massive piece. And if they were there, Rhys really had no choice but to take off. Not wanting any more clashes with the man, for the time being, she tried to stay there where she can avoid the further troubles. So she is looking for a place where she is not on his way and can sit down.

//Sorry for the short response, I don't really feel good.//
XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah rolled his eyes under his helmet at Dells words before turning around, backpedaling as he spoke, a task made exponentially easier by his helmet's three sixty degree HUD. "Nah, I thought I'd just wander around the jungle for a few hours. Ya know, take in the sights and sounds and get us lost while I'm at it." With his snark out of the way he turned back around and began his leisurely pace through the jungle.

As he did this he brought one of his vambrace's up to eye lever, slinging his rifle at his hip, and began to look over some maps of the area before finally finding what he was looking for: a clearing large enough to land the Solomon in. Tapping out a quick message to the bridge crew of the ship he gave them a brief explanation and the coordinates to the clearing before sending the message.

While he had been doing this he had been listening to Dells and Rhyssa's conversation and chuckled when Dells indicated the thought of himself as a supersoldier. "I don't consider myself to be a supersoldier, contrary to Dells' opinion. I do however consider myself to be a higher breed of warrior because I am Mando'ade or Mandalorian for you two who don't speak the language. And that's not me being a braggart, that's just fact."

As Noah finished his little speech they finally arrived at the clearing and under his helmet he smiled as he saw his ship, his home away from home or his 'true home' as his wives often jokingly referred to it. He gave a nod to the
squad of Legionnaires guarding the loading ramp. They gave nod back to him and Dells as well, her having trained a few of them, and eyed the newcomer.

Noah led Rhyssa and Dells up the ramp and into the ship, taking a few turns before finally reaching the bridge.Much like Rhyssa he found an out of the way place to sit and gestured towards the holotable in the center of the vacant bridge.
"Your show Dells."

"Superior warrior. If I shoot you, you'll die the same as the others I've killed before you have. Tell me what is so superior about that?"

Clearly Delila did not hold Mandos in high regard. Nor did she Jedi, yet this was a story for another day. She had hoped to get some 'quality girl time' in with the other soldier while walking but Corek seem to see it fit to dash her dreams for female friendship. Delila was terrible keeping friends and her job didn't quite help, traveling in the black for weeks and sometimes months on end. Didn't leave a lot of time for meeting up on a semi-regular basis.

Delila was center now to give a briefing on the situation. Yet she was going to pause.

"How about you get us underway and we have a bit of a break? Got a few hours before I really have to give an update as to what we will really be doing."

Noah Corek Noah Corek || Voldran Molf Voldran Molf

S H A D O W - L O R D
pCyWmgp.png
6akoRGg.png

While she was talking to Delila, the man also spoke. Mandalorian, yes, that explained pretty much everything to Rhys. Among other things, why Delila called the man a super soldier. To tell the truth, the red-haired woman thought the other red wasn’t wrong much when she said that. She has not had much contact with their Mandalorians so far, but she has heard and read enough about them to know that this is so.

”Then I think Miss Castillon was not wrong about the super soldier finding.”

She said without any reproach, appreciatively. Although the spike was still there in the woman, the man shouldn't have looked down on her just because she wasn't like him, or the other woman. She may not have been Mando, but even that made her a good warrior. After a few walks, they really arrived at the ship, where Rhys also found herself a place to sit down. However, Delila didn't seem too enthusiastic about what the man was like. How could she work with him if she didn’t like Mandos? It was an interesting question, but the woman was not in a position to ask it.

She looked at Corek expectantly from her seat, it seemed like they would really still have some time to rest, maybe assess what Rhys was capable of, maybe she could see what the others were capable of. So for now, she waited to leave. She actually had other questions related to the case, but not one to see who was the best or similar. It was much more about getting information.

”By the way, is it possible to know how many of these sect members or cultists are on the planet and what equipment they have?”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled at Dells' words and shook his head. "Yes and that is exactly the reason we are better warriors. We realize that we can be killed just as easily as any other warrior...we just don't care. Not caring about one's one safety in battle gives a warrior certain abilities that others don't have..." Once again Noah said this with an air of finality and truth before shrugging. "Eh look whom I'm talking to...a pair of aruetiise, not like you would understand."

Noah shrugged and nodded, walking off towards the ships flight controls. When he had the ship refitted he had made sure that it could be as easily as operated by a single person if necessary, and so it was as simple the push of a few buttons and the ship began to slowly but surely rise into the planets lower atmosphere. As it was doing this Noah took one of his knives and began sharpening it against one of the forearms of his armor.

When he heard Rhyssa's question he nodded to her.
"I have a friend or two who owe me a favor in this sector, though I'm sure Dells already is gathering all the information we need from her own sources. If you want I've got a full gym and shooting range on board that we can use, as well as a well stocked armory if you wanna stock up on anything you might need and/or want."

[[ Noah Corek Noah Corek ]] [[ Voldran Molf Voldran Molf ]]

"Perhaps you don't understand because you are not a redhead. I keep forgetting those without a fiery manes are lesser beings."

Delila snorted in laughter at her own joke, lame as it may be. Corek was at the controls, allowing her to sit with Rhyssa. Hand dug around in her front pocket before pulling out a small credcard sized storage device. It was fed into the console in front of her, map stretching out before them. She figured they had at least two hours before arrival with the ability to answer some questions for both aboard.

"Rough estimate is thirty, which means ten for each of us. From what I can gather though only a dozen are real soldiers or threats to us. The rest are workers and low-life criminals meant to keep the kidnapped in line or perform cult activity on the kidnapped. I am not sure if these others hired the twelve or so to do their dirty work and I'm not sure that matters. Rumors on the street say their vessel is highly booby-trapped."

S H A D O W - L O R D
pCyWmgp.png
6akoRGg.png

During the trip, she finally got some more factual information about the "sect" members. At first she nodded at the man's words that it was Delila's job, so she meaningfully expected answers from her, which she received. So there were roughly thirty people you could know about. Rhys found this for many and few at once. They cut their axe into too big a tree or someone hired them. There were too many question marks, at least she felt that way.

”The composition of the enemy is very interesting. But it also seems to me that the underworld group, or sect, has hired mercenaries to protect them. I think it matters so much that maybe the soldiers are braver and better equipped and the original company might be sacrificing them.”

At least from a military point of view, she saw it as logical, and of course it was an experience, because she had already encountered it during her military career. One way or another, but they will have to deal with both groups, because the mercenaries should have a good reason to give up the fight, it may not be enough if the remaining eighteen people are captured or neutralized. At the beginning of her career, she would have believed it was enough, but since then she hasn’t been nearly as naive.

”To make things even easier, we may need to use the “divide and rule” principle. Disassemble the enemy team and hunt them down.”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Last edited:

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

He found himself snorting and rolling his eyes at Dells redhead comments but chuckling all the while. "Ya know I married a redhead so..." He trailed off with a chuckled his ears perking up at their conversations before turning around to observe the holotable that Dells had plugged into. He looked at the map, taking in every detail he could and noting down every possible strategy he could, an automatic reflex he couldn't turn off from his time in the military.

He raised an eyebrow at her words and chuckled. "Thirty? You got me up and out of the house, away from my loving wives and beautiful children for what was it? Twelve mercs who probably can barely hold a blaster and another eighteen cultists that are probably so stoned out of the minds they can barely stand up straight? You must be losing your edge there Dells."

His eyes shifted over to Rhyssa and nodded at her words. "Not a half bad idea. Remove the mercs from the cultists and remind them that they aren't getting paid enough to end up dead and they'll probably turn tail. After that taking out the cultists and rescuing the hostages we'll be easier than a womprat hunt...good plan kid."

Delila realized after dealing with Corek on this assignment she was going to need blood pressure medication. She had clenched her jaw so much on the trip - perhaps once she was focused on taking down some cultists things would ease up. Rhyssa had a plan already in place it seemed and it was a good one, once they either broke apart the cultists and mercenaries or cultists and hostages it would make for an easier handling of the situation. At least it would in theory - Delila was a bit concerned the hostages would be unwilling to leave and potentially brainwashed at this point.

"You may think this is fun and games Corek but you didn't go up against Reavers like I did. I nearly died. These brainwashed types may seem weak and fragile to you but when confront them with reality and truth they become violent. I'm not putting it past them to give us more trouble than the mercs. Lets not forget these hostages may no longer view themselves as hostages either. Its going to depend how long they have been traveling with this group, some reports of missing children go months back."

A small alarm blared - they were approaching their exit out of hyperspace.

"I'm just saying we should be careful. I don't feel like dying at the hands of a religious zealot."

[[ Noah Corek Noah Corek , Voldran Molf Voldran Molf ]]

S H A D O W - L O R D
pCyWmgp.png
6akoRGg.png

Rhys couldn't decide if the man judged the enemy too small to be needed for the job, or if it was some other problem. In any case, Delila could very well be confident that three would be enough to neutralize the thirty enemies. After all, that’s why she said her own idea of what could be done. That is, how would the commando act so as not to endanger the hostages.

By the time the man turned to her, Rhys could already feel that her idea had not won the favour of the Mandalorian. That’s why it was very surprising when the man found it a good idea. She smiled a very little at the praise; after all, she was just doing her job. She finally turned to the woman when Delila spoke. She said legitimate things, she didn't think so. She actually assumed it wasn’t that things turned out so badly. That is, she just hoped because brainwashing always makes things harder.

”Do you think the situation is so bad already? In this case, we use a stunning grade on the weapons. Then they certainly won't be hurt.”

She didn't know who would want to use such an opportunity. Rhys had no objection to that anyway. She nodded at the end, she didn't want to die either, and caution was always important. She really wanted to save the hostages and hoped Delila wouldn’t be right and they still considered themselves hostages and not for sect members. In the meantime, they stepped out of hyperspace.

” Whatever the case, we will soon find out what we really have to face…”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom