Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still isolated…frozen…crumbling…

Kian could hear his apprentice speaking to Jedi Vael over the wind and he smiled to himself as he pulled his hood tighter and followed closely behind the young padawan trudging ahead. They made it to the cave in record time and as Kian shook the snow from his clothes, he glanced into the darkness, stretching out with the force to try and ascertain if there was anything dangerous ahead. It never hurt to be paranoid.

Then Roshki entered the cavern and yelled. Kian's eyes narrowed under his goggles and he turned toward her. He wasn't overly mad, just disappointed that she hadn't thought anything of it.

"Roshki." Kian said in a even tone, though he was sure the girl would know he wasn't joking.....of course whether she'd pay heed to that fact or not was anyone's guess. "I highly doubt we are the only ones who had the bright idea to take refuge in this cavern.....perhaps it would be best if we proceeded with at least a small amount of caution."

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Gherron Vael"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"]

Gherron had been prepared for a fight, but lowered his weapon when the creatures began backing off, thanks to the intervention of master Karr. Taking a breath, he turned off the blade and put it away, following the others into the cave. He suspected Corvus was right however, and kept his senses alert. There was always reason for caution. Almost immediately after he made it inside, Gherron's head swiveled to the side as the padawan that had been with Karr earlier poked fun at him. Calling him jumpy. Normally, he would have replied with a similar retort, but he bit his tongue. He had realized a change in his psyche recently, though he didn't know the reasoning. Maybe it was nothing. Shaking the snow from his body, he looked around the cavern. Karr was right, it was doubtful the group of Jedi were the only ones to wander into these caverns. Caution would be a good thing.

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Seamus Valik"] [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] [member="Jake Cabur Tor"]

My apologies! Invasions, event! Distraction, burnout! I've been all over the place!

While it seemed most of those around him were educated and suited to offense and dealing with the creatures, the seer was largely a defensive Jedi. That was where his strengths seemed to lie. There really wasn't much he could do, apart from keeping any threats at bay with the protection of a Force-borne deflective bubble, or... well, warding them off with a significant enough touch of mentalistic manipulation. Enough to convince one or two of the creatures to simply leave, though the brunt of the work was done by his Kel-Dor friend.

For the most part he had hung back, sticking near to a Felacatian he had met many years before, a day or two after his initial arrival at Ossus, before his training had begun. Despite the distance, somehow he had managed to remember the name of the large, orange-eyed man and had exchanged a word or two, offering protection while the other prepared to fight some of the creatures off... which had turned out to not be needed, thanks to [member="Kian Karr"].

"Well, tha' seems t'ave done it," he said, sotto voce, to [member="Meeristali Peradun"]. But he was no longer looking at the musclebound knight, instead wondering where his padawan, [member="Steve"], had gotten off to. Thoughts that he was momentarily distracted from by the shouting padawan, [member="Roshki Belawiiks"]. The seer grimaced, eyes still trying to spot the diminutive, yellow-skinned padawan in the dark. You'd think being that yellow that the little guy would have glowed. He glanced again at the Felacatian Jedi Guardian, "Ehm, 'ave ye seen th'lil yellow guy about?"

He figured that the other knight, being feline, would have better eyesight in the darkness.

[member="Gherron Vael"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"]​

Apologies! Same as the guy above me because, well... we're written by the same person!

He peered around, wondering for himself where his cousin [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] and her apprentice, [member="Marcus"], had gotten off to. Not that he was all that worried about his kin - she was quite capable of taking care of herself, so without a doubt her student was also in good hands. Then the query came from the other knight and he took stock of each of the faces in the group as he had before they'd set foot on Rhen Var.

"You would think one as exuberant as him would be easy to spot, regardless of the bright colour of his skin," he shot back, the faintest of grins painted on his mouth, "perhaps you should keep better track of your students."

With that, he wandered forward to keep with the group. This was his second time on this ice ball. Having to replace his lightsaber so soon had caused some brief grumbling, but after Manaan he had come to a few realisations of additions he wanted to make, anyway.

[member="Jannik Morlandt"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"]​

Jannik, I thought you were talking about Uri for a second. :p

PS: 200th post!

[member="Jannik Morlandt"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Uri watched at the creatures left then stayed close to his master. He was one the smallest on the trip. If any were to be picked off first, it would be him. He was relieved to see the cavern but he couldn't help but have the sinking feeling that he had seen it before. He resisted the urge to reach for his journal and look to see if his sinking feeling was correct. Uri slowed his step a little bit trying not to walk directly on top of his master but as close as possible.

"The Grandmaster's a nerfherder!" "The Grandmaster's a nerfherder!"

Uri furrowed his brow as the words echoed back at them. For twelve years of age, Uri's young mind questioned the maturity of the older padawan. He glanced back at Master Corvus after the echo went away. The look still on his face say 'Did she really just shout that?' He couldn't see her face for the light behind her coming from outside the cavern. The looked left his face when he over heard the man with the thick accent asking where the little yellow guy was. Did he mean Uri? Uri technically wasn't yellow. He was more golden some might even argue orange yellow. His question was followed by the statement from another knight. Exuberant. Uri didn't know what that meant but he hoped they weren't talking about him. As they walked deeper in the light from the entrance was nearly engulfed. He remember his own light then it dawned on him that his master didn't even know about it yet. No one here did. The only people that knew were the monks he left on Agamar and an Arkanian padawan who showed him telekinesis.

"I can light the way, Master," he smiled reluctantly to her. He worried what the others might think. Mostly what she would think. He couldn't explain what it was. He did some reading and only found force light and beam of light. It was similar to these but then again it wasn't. He took a few deep breaths closing his eyes for a second feeling the force as his skin began to give off a light glow. Opening his eyes, he focused more and expanded it further making it shine brighter than the glowrods others had. A little too bright in his opinion as he felt a light headache and knew the others would have to be blind to not notice the glowing golden boy.

[member="Jannik Morlandt"]

Steve had wandered into a small opening in the cave, one that led to another opening in the cave with a multitude of crystals around him. Steve looked around to find the brightest Crystal he could, then, he literally stumbled upon in when he lost his footing on some ice. There it was, BLAM, right in front...on his face. A crystal print now adorned his forehead, and Steve had wrenched the Crystal from its home in the ice. Seeing as how he knew nothing of the powers of the Force, he believed he had found the Crystal on his own, not understanding the Force had led him to it.

He walked back towards the opening where he spotted his master Jannik searching, for something, or someone. He popped out from his little hole..."Hello Big Boss Jannik! Meh found mucho Crystals. Voy aqui, in there..." He pointed at the small hole he'd come through. It was his size and he'd been looking for it. It was easy to miss if not looking for another way.

Corvus was used to caves. Corellia was famous for its underwater ones and she’d explored enough in her time. But the cold was the challenge here. Even underwater on Corellia, it wasn’t sub-zero.

She was pleased that Uri was providing light but as their eyes grew accustomed to the darkness she was aware that – like most caves she’d visited – luminous lichen lined the walls where there wasn't ice and provided low light, but it was just enough to see by.

Finally they reached a large cavern that seemed to curve to the right. It must have been eight hundred metres in diameter. Continuing to be wary of her footing she kept pace with the group.

As they turned the corner they saw an exit from the section they were in. Unlike the walls they stood beside, the entrance glowed orange. They must all have felt the disturbance in the Force by now. After an hour of walking through the caves, they must have found where the crystals were.

And she felt the presence that reminded her of the last time she came here – one that, in truth she now carried with her everywhere she went.

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Gherron Vael"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Steve"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

A disturbance in the Force grew until, in front of the group, a transparent image formed. Like a holocron and definitely not human – but filled with the Force.

“I have been observing you. You have done well to reach this far but I give you a warning. I am not a guardian of the place you seek – I have no power to stop you – but I beseech you to consider your motives before you enter the Solari cave itself.”

“I was once a Jedi. I went by the name of Ulic Qel-Droma and once trained a Padawan not far from here. Sunrider. She was a great student. But that is of no consequence. I was once a good Jedi and at one time a very bad one. This planet represents where I returned to the Light side and also where I finally joined the Force.”

“My body was placed in a tomb a distance from here and protected by some guardians of its own. A young Jedi named Anakin Skywalker defeated them and learned from me about how to defeat the Force Harvester. Another fine young Jedi – no doubt destined to do great things.”

“Without the guardians, my tomb was repeatedly robbed and desecrated. My Force ghost fragmented. The Yuuzhan Vong came and went and I suspect I’m the last remnant of my ghost left.”

“As I say, I am no gatekeeper but I have a sombre message for you. The caves are strong with the Force. Is it Light or is it Dark? That all depends on you.”

“The Force has brought you here. Your path is clearly set out but is fraught with danger. There is a part of yourself in these caves – you may not be seeking it but you will find it."

“Jedi believe they choose a crystal to create a saber. The truth is that the crystal – as an embodiment of the Force – chooses you. At least that is my belief.”

“Choose not the prettiest or the one whose colour reflects what you believe a guardian or a consular should have. I’m not saying don’t choose blue or green or any other colour that is traditional – but trust in the Force.”

“Wecome again Corvus. I sense you are here if you are needed but i ask you to remain out here, the Force will tell you if your presence is required.”

Turning back to the group he finished, "Your path now is a solitary one. Split up and go wherever the Force takes you." With that, he slowly dissappeared.

Kian followed behind [member="Corvus Raaf"] as they made their way deeper into the cavern system. He could sense the force flowing through the place, he could feel the call of the crystals. He had felt it when they first came in and as they progressed deeper into the place the strength of it was growing. Kian glanced back to make sure [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] was keeping up, and when he turned back the group had stopped. Then the ghost of Ulic Qel-Droma appeared and began to speak.

Kian wasn't as well read on the histories of the Jedi as Phylis Alince or Corvus Raaf, but he knew who Ulic Qel-Droma was and he was absolutely amazed to see the force ghost appear before them. Kian had witnessed force ghosts before, but never of one so long since gone.

"Amazing." Kian uttered and crossed his hands before him as he listened to the force ghost's words. They would progress on their own it would seem. Kian turned to Roshki and stretched out a hand indicating for her to lead on.

"Ladies first." Kian said dryly, a cocky grin on his face.

[member="Ghost of Ulic Qel-Droma"] | [member="Steve"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Jannik Morlandt"] | [member="Gherron Vael"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | [member="Jake Cabur Tor"]​

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
I rolled my eyes at the Kel Dor, though my attitude did lose some of its unique charm. "I know that," I lied. "But whatever's in there was probably spooked, maybe even scared by the echo -- and just might leave us alone." A mischievous grin formed on my face. "Besides, I wanted to test this place's acoustics." I continued to throw the pebble up and down, looking around -- at least, trying to. Caves were boring to me, and it was hard to stay focused.

Of course, my attention found something else to keep me distracted. One of the other Jedi was glowing. Glowing! And it was a nice light, too -- all golden-y and whatnot. Letting out a low whistle, I said to the Golden Boy, "That's a neat trick. Remind me to bring you along next time I wanna go spelunking or somethin'."

As we began to walk again, I shoved the pebble and my hands into my pockets, focusing on where I was walking. It helped to take my mind off of this stupid cold. "Double Kay," I muttered, not in the least expecting him to hear, "When we get done, you're going to make me a big cup of hot caf and buy me a bundle of blankets, you hear?" I looked up again, frowning. Something was...odd. Not in a bad way or anything, just...weird. And no, it wasn't the glowy orange entrance that looked like it either led to a Zeltron dance club or the pits of hell (one and the same, depending on who you ask).

I turned my head to the side, ready to plow into Karr with a billion and one more complaints/questions, when something freaky happened: A gosh-darn ghost thing appeared right in front of the group. "What the kark?!" I squawked, my nails digging into the Kel Dor's arm as I moved up next to him. The ghost, introducing himself as Ulic Qel-Droma or whatever, began to speak, but I didn't listen. Instead, I was too concerned about the ghost itself, and the others. I mean, seriously; the whole lot of them were acting as if transparent dead guys popped up all the time. How do they know this guy's really who he says? And who the kark is Ulic Qel-Droma, anyway?

What can I say? I was more of a planet-buff than anything else. Dead guys were boring.

Eventually, the ghost left (or did he? DUN DUN DUN! I still didn't trust him) and I quickly let go of Karr. As if sensing my apprehension, the Jedi then gestured for me to go first into the scary-looking pits. Gee, thanks. Squaring my shoulders, I returned his cockiness with a smirk and a subtle gesture I'd picked up from my home. I won't say what it meant, but it wasn't completely nice. "I'd say brains before beauty, but that wouldn't be fair to you, Double Kay."

I marched up to the front of the group, and walked into the cavern. If I die, I'm gonna be a ghosty-thing and come back to haunt all of them.

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Gherron Vael"] [member="Ghost of Ulic Qel-Droma"] [member="Uri Aureleos"]

Jake Listened as Ulic spoke, then after he spoke, he decided that he would meditate for a couple minutes, and become more focused on the will of the force before continuing. he opened his eyes after feeling the tug in his gut towards the left. opening his eyes, nothing was there, but he made his way to the left. The moments he had spent meditating, had boosted his night vision, and with the aid of the lichens, and other life forms of the cave, he made his way through the tunnel. he had no idea how long he would be walking, but he knew he would find what he was looking for in the direction he was being drawn to. on his way, he noticed a few crystals, that weren't going to work as full fledged lightsaber crystals, but could serve as excellent training saber crystals. Taking those that he could find, and adding them to his pouch on his waist, he continued on his long walk through the illuminated caverns hoping to find the crystal the force was tugging him for. He remembered his first trip to get his crystal. With his master before she had died. She had taught him patience, and self discipline and had taken months upon months to completely learn to control just one concept. She wanted him to be well rounded, and well rounded, he had become, he just needed to choose how he could best help others, and choose a which path to take. he took a right turn this time, and the tunnel went dark from the lack of growth. He reached for his saber, igniting it, he continued on, following the direction he was given from the force.

Kian chuckled as they walked further into the cavern on their own. Kian could feel the call of the crystals, he could feel the flow of the force in this place. He was still reeling from the appearance of the force ghost. He'd only ever seen one on another occasion and surely never one from so long ago. Kian made a note that he should read further on the history of Qel-Droma when he returned to the academy.

"I want you to stretch out in the force Roshki." Kian said as they walked alone together. "Can you feel the call of the crystals?" Kian asked wondering if she had noticed it yet. He remembered being confused by it when he was a padawan.

"It might be subtle at first, but it will grow in strength as we near the crystal or crystals that are meant for you." Kian said wondering if it would happen against for him and if it would be the same as it was when he was younger.

"Have you put any thought into the type of lightsaber you wish to construct?"
[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]​
[member="Corvus Raaf"]​

Uri watched the ghost taking in every word the phantom said. He wondered what exactly Ulic meant by 'part of yourself is in these caves.' He was suddenly uncertain about this trip. He watched as Master Karr followed his padawan into the cavern. Uri took several steps forward then glanced back at Master Corvus who motioned him to keep going forward. Her place was there. His lay deeper in the connection of tunnels and caves where his crystal waited for him to come claim it... or called him to claim it.

He glanced between her and the direction he was walking then finally continued his stride. Going the direction he felt was right using the force as his guide. He trusted the force despite not knowing exactly where he was going. He couldn't hear anything or anyone around him. He lost sight of the entrance a while back. That is why it confused him when he saw a light in front of him. For a second the question if the force lead him in a circle. His eyes widened as he saw a man in front of him. His back was turned to Uri but it looked like he was holding a light and his robes... Uri knew these robes. He wore them his whole life as a monk.

The man turned out of his sight and Uri jogged to catch up to him. As he turned around the same corner his feet fell out from under him. He tumbled down into another part of the cavern. The fall disoriented him but other wise he only had a few scrapes and bruises. He stood up slowly then noticed a hand reached out to him. A hand clad in gold skin not a glove. He looked up to see it was the same person as before. Uri focused his eyes on the mans face. He opened his mouth to speak but the man interrupted him and spoke instead.

"You know who I am."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Roshki Belawiiks

[member="Kian Karr"]

I rolled my eyes as the Kel Dor kept pace with me, but I didn't say anything. "Yeah, sure, whatever," I muttered. "Call of the crystals? What is this, some bad holodrama? Oooooh, scary!" I crossed my arms, briefly tempted to ignore his request, but then thought better of it. After all, what could it hurt? And maybe I'd have better luck than with the creatures.

With a snort, I nonetheless did what he said, though I did it my way. Cocking my head slightly, I half-closed my eyes as we walked, doing...Well, I guess the best way to describe it was "expanding my awareness." Either way, I could sort of feel my presense or whatever reach out. And...odd. There was something. It was faint, so faint that for the longest time I thought I was imagining it. But nope, it was still there, and it had a hold on my feet. Somehow, I got the sense that my feet were now walking on their own more than anything.

Then the Jedi asked a question, but of course I wasn't listening. "Huh?" The pebble from earlier began to bounce up and down in my hand as my brain caught up to the present. "Oh, right. Uh...." Oh, shoot. What was the name of it again?

During one of my many episodes of skipping class, I'd briefly browsed the servers for different lightsaber designs, and there was one I'd really liked. I mean, this one was awesome. I could kick butt in it and look amazing doing it.

Finally, the name came to me and I snapped my fingers. "I want a saberstaff. Like what Shado Vao had."

Jake continued on down the tunnel by the light of his saber, reaching a huge cavern, he felt the urge to meditate. After doing so, he felt a presence surge through the force. He opened his eyes to see none other than his previous master, Savara Rein. "Oh my gosh! Its so great to see you master, there is so much to talk about. I have been exercising and training as hard as I could just to make sure I wasn't too weak to g oon another mission, leaving one person to deal with it again!"

"Hush Padawan! It wasn't your fault." Savara replied. "I had to go on the mission solo because I had a vision telling me to do so. If you had gone with me you would be dead now as well." She sighed, knowing she could never take away her padawan's guilt, he had to forgive himself, and learn to move on. "This is the first time I could visit you, as this place is filled with the force." She thought about what had allowed her to come and communicate to her padawan in the first place. "I believe the force may have guided you here, so that we can communicate once more."She walked, or rather floated towards a small section of the wall and noticed an opening. "Follow me Jake." She went through the hole. Jake followed her as he was overjoyed to see his master again.
"I am still sorry I couldn't be there to help you through the ambush the sith had set up for you." Following her he asked "Where are we going Master?" they continued until they had reached a wall of crystals.
"I believe one of these crystals was meant for you." She paused. "Or rather, for us." Her words were confusing to Jake, and he had little Idea what she meant.
"Maybe we should meditate on this for a while?" Jake asked hoping he chose correctly.
"Let us meditate then." Savara replied as they got into meditative postures, waiting for guidance from the force.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Sanya followed the others into the entrance of the cave, everyone seemed to have split up from there. Sanya decided to do the same, over hearing kian talking to his Padawan she could feel the crystals everywhere. As she focused more clearing her mind she could sense something, it stood out from the rest, was it because it pulsed like a beacon, or that it was stronger than the rest.

Her legs seemed to have carried her in the direction without realizing she was even moving at all. Her eyes where shut for the most part, Sanya fully relied on the force to guide her. With each step there was an echo, with each pulse she knew she was closer. The voices from the others could no longer be herd, actually the further she moved the more muffled everything sounded.

Her steps no longer echoed, she opened her eyes to see someone sat on the floor crying. The girl was dressed the same as Sanya's normal clothes this raised questions but she was obviously upset. Sanya stood there looking at the girl. 'maybe she is lost', trying to speak to the girl to comfort her and ask questions no sound came out of her mouth as if her words where non existent. She looked behind her to only find a wall there was no way in or out yet she was sure she came from that direction. When she looked back the girl was no longer there but instead of an arch way.

'What the kark is happening, I need to keep moving'
She continued down the path that had revealed itself. After a while of walking she reached a large room made of stone, she stood in the center evaluating her options layed in front of her was three paths to chosen from...

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
once again Sanya shut her eye's to try and focus on the pulse that had gotten her this far, but it felt as if nothing was there not even the signature of the other's. She opened her eye's and advanced through the doorway to her right. The moment she stepped was past the frame the way back sealed.

As she kept on walking she could since the presence of someone familiar, Sanya's pace quickened almost into a jog before coming into another room. This room had no other doorways but a person sat in the middle of the room, wearing Jedi robes and the only distinct feature that Sanya could see was her Byzantine Lekku, Sanya reached out with her hand in the direction of the person "sera?" at that very moment Sanya realized she wasn't on the ship with the rest of the group. "wait how did you get here?" no reply came from her but instead stood up.

Sera turned to face Sanya, Her face was corrupted like sera had embraced the dark side of the force, her signature was no longer the same. "Sera what's happened to you?" Sanya was in shock the person she loved now a tool of the dark side. "oh come on Sanya those 'walls' where just an excuse, who could love a feeble little brat like you." she walked over to Sanya placing one hand upon her face, "you really thought you had a chance didn't you? Poor little girl it's a shame you will be trapped here... alone, forgotten about, no one will care that your gone."

All Sanya wanted to do was brake down and cry, as much as she thought those words were true she knew they wasn't. 'There is no emotion, there is peace' knocking Sera's and away from her face "the people back at the temple are my family, they may not like me at times but I know deep down they all care. The thing is I'm not afraid of opening up, emotions can never be ignored but we don't have to act upon them. Been a Jedi not not about been liked it's about doing the right thing putting one's self before the needs of others, no one can stop me from been me but at the same time I will never try to change someone else but instead try to guide them in the right direction... and yes I do think I still have a chance but with the real sera, the one who is kind, the one who puts her self before others, the one I still love not this fake mirage stood in front of me." Sanya's head lifts up to stare sera "I'm not afraid of been alone and I'm definitely not afraid of losing everything and everyone I hold close, it's happened before and yet I still remains to put myself before the needs of others"

Sanya closes her eye's and takes in a deep breath through her nose feeling the cold air enter her lungs before exhaling through her mouth. When she opened her eye's she was back in the room where she was before, the door to her right was still closed and unassailable. She stood there taking in what just happened before choosing what path to take next...

[member="Corvus Raaf"] Ξ [member="Jake Cabur Tor"] Ξ [member="Kian Karr"] Ξ [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] Ξ [member="Uri Aureleos"] Ξ [member="Steve"] Ξ [member="Meeristali Peradun"] Ξ [member="Jannik Morlandt"] Ξ [member="Gherron Vael"]

Kian nodded his head approvingly at Roshki's words. A saberstaff was the traditional weapon of a Jedi Shadow, though it wasn't something that was mandated. They had the advantage of providing more surface area with which to deflect and attack, but also had some disadvantages. Perhaps the most helpful thing about them, however, was the fact that they were rarer weapons that gave an advantage to its wielder in that an opponent wasn't always prepared to face them.

"Good choice." Kian said. "It is a unique weapon....and one I have some experience with." Kian hadn't ever wielded a saberstaff, but the Baran Do favored wooden staff fighting. Kian had learned how to fight with a staff and face against one. Kian was about to continue his discussion of the weapon, but then he saw movement ahead out of the corner of his eye.

"Did you see that?" Kian asked and he turned toward where he saw the movement. Kian moved out ahead of Roshki and unclipped his lightsaber. He sensed something......dark.....about what was ahead of them. As they moved deeper, the sense of darkness grew.

"Be on your guard." Kian said over his shoulder, but when he turned around he didn't see Roshki there. "Roshki!" Kian called out but heard nothing. He went to move back to see if she was around the corner, when he heard the snap his of the lightsabers behind him. Kian spun around and ignited his blade. Standing before him was Darth Sevena, her purple saberstaff held before her.

"Hello Jeedii." She said, almost hissing the words out and then leapt at Kian, her purple blade aiming for his throat.

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]​

Roshki Belawiiks

[member="Kian Karr"]

"Oh, well that's a relief." It hadn't exactly occurred to me that Karr might not have known how to wield one....and the last thing I would've needed was to chop my own arm off. Yikes.

The Kel Dor and I once again fell into silence, walking along the tunnels. I couldn't help but frown, though. It almost seemed as if there was only one--

I whirled around, frantic. Yup. I was all alone. In a cave. With no map.

Or food.

"Double Kay? This isn't funny!" I tried to keep panic from my voice, but it still seeped through. "Karr!"

"Oh Double Kay, where are you? I'm so scared!" The voice snickered from behind me, sending a shiver down my spine. Slowly, I turned around and came face-to-face with...Me?

The Togruta before me sneered. "Yes, little girl, I'm you. Surprise!"

My tongue quickly found itself again, and I replied with false bravado, "Impossible. I'm not that ugly."

The dark version of me snarled, and took a step forward when yet another voice called out, "Stop."

Me and Ugly Me whipped our heads about at yet another version appearing. This one was the complete opposite of Ugly Me -- where the one was impassioned, the other was calm. And better looking. But both had the air of someone who had done something terrible, and while the one wore it proudly, the other carried it like a heavy burden.

The Pretty Me stepped forward, throwing a look at Ugly Me before looking towards me. "No doubt you are wondering who we are." Before she could speak any more, I raised my hand.

"Ugly Me is what I look like as a Dark Sider. You, Pretty Me, is what I look like if I stay with the Jedi." I looked around, rubbing my chin. "Where's the one that stays with neither?"

"Few things of the future are set in stone--"

"But we're one of two possibilities." Ugly Me grinned, her yellow eyes pinpoint, like a predator. "Further down the road, you're gonna have to make a choice, little girl."

Pretty Me gave Ugly Me an exasperated look. "Soon, something terrible will happen. You will commit an unforgivable act, and be faced with an unavoidable choice. Should you go one way, you will commit more acts--"

"For the price of true freedom! True freedom, true freedom, true freedom! No suffocating doctrines, and the whole galaxy is yours for the taking!" Ugly Me threw back her head and cackled.

Pretty Me sighed. "Should you go the other, many people will be alive because of it. But it is a hard road to keep to, rich with temptations and distractions."

"But how can I choose now if I don't even know what I'm going to do?"

Kian was aware on some level that none of this was true. Darth Sevena would have no reason to be on Rhen Var, nor would she be hunting him. The last time they met, Kian and the Shadows had sent her scrambling. Darth Sevena was a consummate survivor and wouldn't risk her life in a cave full of Jedi.

But regardless of this, Kian reacted on instinct, his lightsaber igniting before him and the blade coming up to block the violent attack of the Sith. She was a skilled duelist with her saberstaff, Kian had found that out in combat with her the first time they'd met. While Kian had eventually gained the upper hand against her, it hadn't been easy and she had managed to escape.

"I know you've been looking for me." She hissed as her blade pressed against his own. "You hunt me and for what Jedi! To get revenge?" She broke the saber lock, spinning to the side and bringing the second blade around. Kian stepped back and slapped the blade, throwing her off target and then attacked with a pommel strike at her face. It hit home and drove the Sith back into the wall. "That isn't very Jedi-like!" She hissed in pain and anger.

"It is the duty of a Jedi Shadow to seek out the Sith wherever they might hide." Kian said driving forward with a powerful two-handed slash. Sevena leapt back and Kian's blade dug a jagged burn in the rock wall beside her. Kian didn't let up though, he drove forward with the powerful blows of Form V, driving her further back into the darkness behind them.

"You can not hide from the light!" Kian said catching her blade and shoving her backwards. As they stepped into the more open area, the light from their blades cast an eerie glow across the area and revealed that they were entering into a more open area of the cavern. It took several moments for Kian to realize that not all the light was cast from their blades.....some was cast from the crystals lining the walls. He didn't have time to think on this however, as Sevena had gathered some of her initiative and was striking back with a sweeping kick at Kian's legs. Kian was forced to leap back to avoid the attack.

[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom