Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Started from the Bottom so Now What?

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler
"Doubtful Shoan wears a small bikini in his holorecordings," Sorr said while he got up and walked through the main room of Tiaza's Purr. "My experience with Tiaza's recordings is....."

Sorr closed his eyes blushing wildly remembering how..... sensual her recordings are. "My experience....." he muttered looking away from Brinna. The young man sighed when Brinna suggested that she might get by with some flirting. "You can certainly try," Sorr said. "But you might get an eyeroll at best, Imperial Officers are a cut above some Mudtrooper. They're not going to be enthralled by your large chest."

It would be funny for her to try though.

As they reached the ramp, Sorr pressed the button gulping in the process. "The first day of the rest of my life," Sorr said pressing the button to begin the ramp's decent. "Let's get this done."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Objective: Avoid Imperial Entanglements
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

“Oh you don’t want to see what Shoan is wearing most of the time he sends messages,” Brinna responded with a grin. She didn’t ever think about what Shoan would look like in a bikini. She didn’t want anything to cover up his chest. Maybe something a little tighter and smaller in the shorts area, but when Shoan wanted to make Brinna miss him he wasn’t wearing anything in his messages. “I set up a private directory for you. If you move your files there M.O.M. will not have access. If you change the pass codes I won’t either. Just don’t change it to something stupid like Tiaza or purr.”

On the way out Sorr seemed to think that flirting wouldn’t work. That the old officer would look past her figure and move along with his job. “They must brainwash these fellows really hard if you think that they won’t notice my chest. Everyone notices my chest. I bet you noticed. And I bet you and Tiaza have had at least one argument about me already.”

Brinna stepped out of the ship just behind Sorr. She smiled to the Captain. “Greetings Captain. What is the process here? This is our first time visiting the Empire without our parents. They usually handle all the formalities. As my friend said, we have all the proper documents. Visiting relatives. We’re from
Chandaar. That planet could certainly use some Imperial touch. Why we’re considering moving here to Lianna to study.”

Sorr Kortu

Sorr forgot to tell Brinna to let him do the talking when he was a kid, he'd done more mingling with Imperial officials than he cared to. It was part of the Alliance's plan to mingle with the New Imperial Order who had just successfully broken away from the Sith Empire. Sorr remembered conversing with the snobby, out of touch, Imperial officials on Alderaan. Their views on slavery, democracy was a far cry from the Alliance. Sorr talked to a young Imperial cadet who was the son of a Grand Moff. He talked about how the Alliance could benefit into having a more authoritarian leadership to avoid the constant squabble. "The Alliance values our freedom," Sorr said. "That way everyone gets a say in affairs."

"Our system works," The Cadet replied bluntly. "There's no use arguing over what the peasants get. You do as you're told, nothing more, nothing less."

Sorr wanted to punch him for that, order and security is what the NIO desired same as the Galactic Empire. Yet it came at a cost of personal freedoms and there was a sharp divide between the rich and the poor. "Trust me Brinna," Sorr whispered to his co-pilot. "Tiaza is jealous of your chest."

"The only thing you need to do," the Captain said. "Is to allow our scanning team to search your ship for any signs of contraband and you will be answering some questions."

"Very well," Sorr said. "It's nice to feel welcomed in New Imperial space."

"Oh we are no longer called the New Imperial Order," the Captain said as 9 Stormtroopers began to climb the ramp of Tiaza's Purr. "We are called the Empire."

Sorr raised an eyebrow. "Wait?! What!?" He said flabbergasted at what he heard.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Location: Imperial Star Destroyer Ruthless Intent | Outside Tiaza’s Purr

Brinna rolled her eyes when the Captain corrected Sorr about the name of the Empire. New name, same old chumps, she thought to herself. It wouldn’t change anything about the visit so she didn’t say a word. Just waited for the next question to come and glared at the stormtroopers entering the ship. “I’ve got my droid tech final in there. If there are pieces missing when your troopers are done I promise that my instructor back on Chandaar will be asking what went on.”

She nodded to the Captain, “With respect sir,” Brinna followed it up with. “Just get a little nervous about other people around my projects.”

Sorr Kortu

"We've expanded as a result of the bloody conflict against the Brotherhood," The Captain said. "We're self-sufficient enough that we can proudly become the Empire of old. An Empire that will truly last a thousand years."

"Whoop de do," Sorr sighed. The last thing anyone needs is a revived Galactic Empire but it serves the Galactic Alliance right for trying to ally with them.

"What kind of Droid do you have young woman?" The Captain asked returning to his pad. "State the model."

He turned to Sorr. "What kind of freighter is this?" Sorr sighed. "It's an old model," Sorr replied. "But we've made some.... modifications mostly to the hyperdrive and a few luxury items."

"Such as?"

Sorr gulped so many questions. "The rooms mostly," he responded. "My Mom expanded it on my Birthday. She wanted me to feel at home at all times."

"Where's your Mother?"

"Dead," Sorr said feeling a twinge of guilt while he said it, lying really stunk especially when saying his Mom died. "This ship is all I have left of her."

"What about you girl?" The captain turned to Brinna. "Any family?"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna was afraid that her eyes would be permanently stuck in the back of their sockets with all the eyerolls these Imps were getting. They needed to know everything. Like she was actually tell them that the apparently inoperative and slightly disassembled droid in the cargo bay was a prototype bodyguard droid that if activated would take no time in eliminating him and his whole squad of bucketheads.

“The droid is for etiquette and protocol, my own design,” Brinna spoke up. “That was the assignment after all. Haven’t finished adding the personality matrix and have some body work that needs to be done. But when I finally get to turn it on it will be fluent in over seven billion forms of communication. Improved on those old 3PO models. When it’s ready for mass production I’ll remember the Empire. Give you guys a good price on them.”

Thankfully the captain moved to Sorr for questions about the ship. She really didn’t want to get into all that. But she did see that Sorr had a little difficulty in lying. That was something she would have to work on if they were going to make it as a great smuggling group. “Been living with my Aunt, Uncle and cousin here since my own parents passed away a long time ago. As I said Chandaar could do with a bit of Imperializing. It’s a dangerous place. Me and Gerv are pretty much out on our own now. Trying to figure out the best place to put our science studies to use. While expanding upon them. Have distant cousins on Lianna. Someone said they were involved with Sienar, but we both think that’s just bragging. Maybe a secretary or something.”

Sorr Kortu

"Very nice....." Captain Munevius recorded Brinna's answer down on his Holopad. Sorr was getting a little annoyed with this interrogation, is this a scanning operation? Or a job interview? Was this designed to make the pilot feel guilty and confess? Because if it is, it's doing a good job so far. Sorr was scared out of his mind, his hands were fidgety. There were cameras placed on every corner of the spaceport, Sorr could feel that they were trained on him and Brinna watching them with great interest.

"How long will your trip last?" Captain Muevius asked while Sorr heard some armor clacking against metal inside of Tiaza's Purr. What were those Stormtroopers doing? Hopefully not messing up the already beautiful rooms in the ship. That would be a drag if they left a large mess for Sorr to clean up.

"I'm not sure," Sorr said. "A week? Two weeks? Right now we want to make sure that the Academy is for us."

"I think you'll be pleased," Captain Munevius said smiling. "The Empire is always expanding and therefore on the lookout for the best and the most loyal. With a succession crisis though, the first thing we need is to make sure that the Empire remains united."

"Succession crisis?" Sorr asked. "What happened?"

"The Emperor is dead," Munevius lamented. "And while the situation is temporary fixed with the Lord Regent, I fear a civil war will be on the horizon if we don't find a suitable replacement."

"Good let them kill each other," Sorr thought. "One last enemy the Galaxy has to deal with."

"
If you ask me," Munevius said while the squad of Stormtroopers exited from the Tiaza's Purr. "I would love to see Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku on the throne: Young, charismatic, and a brilliant warrior. He can unite the growing factions occurring in the Empire."

"Sir!" A female Stormtrooper approached Munevius. "Scan is complete, they're clean." Sorr gave a sigh of relief smiling at Brinna feeling the urge to lean on her for support.

"Wonderful!" Munevius said. "I hope you two enjoy your stay on Lianna. Maybe we can get some promising recruits."

"Of course sir!" Sorr said grabbing Brinna's hand. "We'll think about it! Thank you!"

And with that Sorr climbed the ramp and plopped himself on the pilots seat. "Ugh!" Sorr said turning on the ship. "I thought it would never end."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Objective: Make tracks

Brinna wanted to puke at the praise from the staunch Imperial officer. She hated the type. The fact that her lie had impressed him was infuriating. The questions continued as the crew searched the inside of the ship. Brinna hoped M.O.M. and Proto would stay undetected until they could get the heck out of here.

How long were they staying? State of the Empire. Who should be our valiant leader going forward? Blah Blah Blah. They needed to let them go before Brinna punched someone just to stop listening to the drivel. Finally the squad of stormtroopers exited their ship and reported there was nothing out of line. Brinna held back a sigh of relief that would have given away that they had something to hide.

She gave a mock salute, though she tried to make it look sincere. Both her and Sorr hurried up into the ship and to their respective seats. Now she gave the sigh and started up the engines for departure. “That’s what they want you to think. That actually wasn’t too bad length wise, but still one more mention of the Empire and I think I might have had to pop him one.” She pressed a few buttons and nodded to Sorr. “I’ll even make you happy and keep M.O.M. shut down until we make it to the spaceport.”

Sorr Kortu

"I'm glad it was over then," Sorr sighed, Tiaza's Purr beginning to lift off. "The last thing I want is to be thrown in jail before my career begins." He was still shaking from that inspection. What's worse was that it'll be one of many inspections from authorities Sorr was sure of that.

"I don't want any trouble," Sorr said. "Just keep your fists to yourself because If we're going to be living in Imperial space then we need to get used to inspections."

He sighing and shaking his head when Brinna told him that she could shut down M.O.M. "You can activate her if you want." Sorr said as they entered the planet's atmosphere. "It's not like she'll turn against us the moment she turns on."

Or can she?

Tiaza's Purr entered the spacepad as Sorr made the final adjustments to start the landing cycle. "Right Melford that's the city we're investigating?" Sorr asked. "We go in, scout the area and make a decision. If we like it: Home sweet home, If not....."

Sorr gulped. "I don't know what to do," he said. "That's all of Lady X's old hiding places."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Objective: Investigate potential base

“I would say jail ain’t such a bad place,” Brinna said with a smirk. To say she was in jail was an embellishment. She spent a night in a drunk tank on Lannik some time back. “But I bet those bucketheads give new meaning to the term jail.” She looked at her hands and smirked. “I’ll do the best I can staying civil, but I have to sit through that every time we come home I’m not going to be able to hold out. We should just fake an Imperial transponder code if we set up shop. Hopefully they will stop bothering us after a couple trips with their own stamp of approval on the ship.”

Brinna laughed as Sorr allowed her to switch on M.O.M. She pushed a button and spoke. “M.O.M. can you see that Proto is ready for action once we’re planetside? There she will be out of the cockpit,” Brinna said with a smirk. The AI was everyone and nowhere when she was turned on, so it was really just a joke.

“Melford it is,” Brinna said, nodding in agreement. “We’ll set down in the spaceport and rent a speeder to get to the outskirts where the factory is.”

Sorr Kortu

"Just because you've been to jail Brinna," Sorr growled accelerating away from the Ruthless Intent. "Doesn't mean I intend to go to jail. If we settle down on Lianna, then Lady X will provide us with the necessary documents for us to go in and out of Lianna. I bet it won't be easy considering how meticulous the New.... I'm sorry the Empire is when it comes inspection but she has not let us down so far."

As Tiaza's Purr entered Liana's atmosphere, Sorr gave a whine when M.O.M was reactivated. "I have to thank her for actually standing up for me," Sorr said. "She better not get used to it."

Sorr could see the city of Melford above, it looked impressive with a mixture of city and manicured lawns as well large generators pumping out clean air. The young man took a look at the map nodding when he saw that there was a train that could take them to the outskirts. "We don't need a speeder," Sorr said approaching the spacepad. "Lianna has some of the best repulsorlift trains in the Galaxy, relying heavily on clean energy."

R.b7dc74f982645b129a1101a511fe6d14

As soon as they landed, Sorr sighed, pressing a few buttons to start the shutdown process. "Nearest train is a few meters ahead," Sorr said. "Let's get some tickets."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Sorr was going to come around on M.O.M. Brinna just knew that was going to happen. M.O.M. was programmed to learn, but not truly evolve like any nightmare AI that she had heard stories about. And in the slicer community there were more stories than Sorr could even imagine. Brinna certainly wouldn't be sharing those stories. "Train sounds nice and relaxing."

When the
Purr touched down, Brinna did her quick routine. "M.O.M. please stick to security routine alpha." Brinna was a bit of a security nut. She knew how much damage a good slicer could do. Because she was a good slicer. For now she figured basic security protocols would work just fine while they checked out the area. The Imps had already given the ship a once over, so they shouldn't get any trouble from them. And if they did having guns blazing when they finally hacked in probably wasn't the action Brinna or Sorr wanted. Yet.

"Yes Miss Brinna," M.O.M. echoed with a smile. "Security Routine Alpha will be initiated on your code entry."

"Thanks M.O.M.," Brinna said with a grin. She popped out of the co-pilot's chair and started toward the exit ramp. When she reached the cargo bay
Proto Type was standing ready to accompany her on the scouting trip. Brinna smiled at the droid. "Sorry you have to go in unarmed big guy. But I think passing you off as a protocol droid is for the best at the moment." Brinna picked up a blaster pistol and holster, frowning as she strapped it around her waist. "I've got you covered if we get into a scrape though." She twirled around. "What do you think? Does it fit my girlish figure just right?"

The droid was stoic as usual. Brinna gave a wave and continued after Sorr. "This place is a good spot for a base," Brinna whispered as she caught up to Sorr. "So much hustle and bustle we won't ever be detected on planet. As long as we can make sure that the Imperial blockade doesn't nab us that is. Right the train. Can't wait to see this place from the comforts of a repulsortrain. I'm assuming droids don't ride for free?" Brinna asked with a chuckle as they approached the ticket booth.

Last edited:

Sorr Kortu

Sorr squinted at the train while he and Brinna approached the ticket booth. It was pretty old fashioned compared to the fast Repulsor trains back home. Sorr remembered the newer models had clean energy while this one just coughed black smoke which could affect the environment. "Have you ever faced Imperials before?" Sorr asked when Brinna said she was confident that they won't get caught. "Let's just hope that Lady X has people inside the Empire otherwise we'll have a short Smuggling career."

Sorr saw a small line mostly comprised of non-humans and poor humans all dressed in tattered clothing. They waited patiently inside the busy spaceport while a group of Stormtroopers about 12 silently patrolled the area on the lookout for any wrongdoing. "We're not out of the woods yet Brinna," Sorr whispered. "Just keep your fists to yourself and don't make eye contact. Stormtroopers will think that you have something to hide. Just act cool and calm and we'll get to the outskirts in no time."

Though given how Brinna hated authoritarian systems, that may prove to be nearly impossible for her to resist punching a Stormtrooper.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

NPCs: Proto Type | Syala Kiles

“You worry too much,” Brinna said with a wide smile as she bought the tickets for herself, Proto and Sorr. “I guess that’s what happens when you are born with a lot. You look for things to be wrong. When you have to worry about keeping a roof over your head and food on plates you don’t look so hard.” She gave him a smile. “Don’t worry though. You’re a smuggler now. You’ll see the other side pretty soon and things like the Empire being outside your front door won’t seem so bad.”

Brinna looked at one of the patrolling stormtroopers and shrugged. “I think I can keep my hands to myself as long as they do…” An announcement came over the speaker announcing the train that seemed to be the one they were taking.

“Our train Miss Brinna and Master Gerv,” Proto announced as if he were a babysitter to a couple teenaged tourists.

“Well here we go then,” Brinna said with a smile. “Doubt very much there will be such a…presence in the outskirts.”

Brinna started in towards the train when a young woman rushed between Sorr and herself. She bumped into Sorr’s shoulder as she tried to pass. She was wearing a shin-length pink dress that buttons up the front and a red bolero jacket. Over her left shoulder was a book bag. “Ooh. Oh my. I’m terribly sorry. Don’t want to miss the train back home. They don’t always wait to close the doors, we should hurry.”

Proto took a step into the train’s doorway. “Please enter. I will make sure that the door does not close too early.”

Brinna looked to Sorr and the girl and gave a shrug before entering the train. The girl followed along. Once all three were in Proto stepped inside as well. “You guys don’t look like the type to be heading to the slums. You sure you’re on the right train? I mean don’t get me wrong there are plenty of nice people in the slums. Better than some of the folks here downtown. But it’s not very fancy. Oh. I forgot my name is Syala, but you can call me Sy or Sya or Ala. I live in the slums for now. Trying to become a nurse.”

“Hi Syala. I’m Brinna and this is Gerv. But Gerv is his dad’s name too so he goes by Sorr most of the time. And the droid we call Proto. He's a work in progress of mine,” Brinna introduced the group. “We’re looking at setting up shop on Lianna. Heard the slums was the best place to avoid all the patrols.”

Sorr Kortu

"I've read what happens when the Empire is on your doorstep," Sorr said. "It's not pretty to say the least and Galactic Alliance let their..... aggressive negotiations slide because they've allied with them during the stygan campaign."

Sorr boarded the train as soon as Proto announced that it arrived, he was at the entrance until a young woman bumped his shoulder trying to get in first. She was had brown hair tied to a bun and was wearing small red jacket and a flowery dress. "That's okay," Sorr said shaking his head. "I understand, a lot of these trains are working by the hour."

The young woman introduced herself as Syla and she is training to be a nurse living in the slums. "Pleasure to meet you," Sorr smiled. "It's good that the slums are getting some help."

Speaking of the slums.....

"Why are there slums in a place like Lianna?" Sorr asked. "You would think that a rich planet like Lianna wouldn't have a place called the slums?"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna gave an annoyed sigh. “Rich kid syndrome,” she said, shaking her head before Syala had a chance to respond about the slums. “Coruscant is one of the richest planets in the galaxy. I’m sure you only saw the upper levels Sorr, but some of us were in the depths and it was not easy. Everywhere there is richness there is poverty too.”

Syala blushed as Brinna called out Sorr. “Um I wouldn’t be that harsh about it, but what she says is true. And of course the people who name things officially don’t call them the slums. I believe the official name is Outer Melford. When the Sienar factory was ruined it was easier for them just to move on, but they left a lot of people behind when they did. Some of those people were able to take their skills and move on. Others were stuck in the muck that was created.”

Brinna nodded and frowned. “So the Empire come down hard on the people of Outer Melford? They don’t seem like the types to just let people do their own thing.”

“Actually there is not a lot of Imperial presence in Outer Melford,” Syala responded. “They don’t feel like those of us that choose to stay there are worth their time. Sure they come in and drag criminals out from time to time. But you hardly ever see a stormtrooper. Thank the Force.”

Sorr Kortu

Sorr felt his ears redden when Brinan insinuated that he is a rich kid. Well, it was true but at least trying to understand the plight of the lower-class people! Unlike his brother: Markus Kortu Markus Kortu who snubbed his nose at them. At one time, Sorr remembered Markus despising the scent of poor people and this piece of work was supposed to be a Jedi! "I mean yeah there is," Sorr said. "But at least the Alliance tried to address the problem with poverty well at least before Chancellor came along and put a stop to that.

"Then again the Empire is the same old, same old." Sorr said. "Either you're really rich or you're living abject poverty."

When Syala said that there wasn't much of an Imperial Presence on Outer Melford, Sorr gave a sigh of relief. "That's great!" Sorr said. "It'll serve as a home after all."

The young man smiled at Brinna. "Just gotta see what it looks like though, and we gotta make note of Stormtrooper patrols."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

The young nursing student gave both Sorr and Brinna suspicious looks. “You are both pretty interested in Imperial. Stormtrooper presence. Are you doing something illegal? I mean I’m sure almost everyone in the Slums is doing something illegal according to the Imperials. But seems like you guys are hiding.”

Brinna frowned. If this girl figured them out in two minutes what would the rest of their new neighbors think of them. “We’re starting up a transport company. We don’t plan to work within the Empire too much, but we’re not too sure they will be happy with what we do. Mostly we try to help people.” That was a stretch. Sure they would love to be the benevolent smugglers who supply those that are desperate for food and medicine or arms to freedom fighters. But they were new and needed to pay bills. Brinna was quite sure there would be spice runs mixed into their jobs here and there.

“Oh. You guys should talk to the mayor,” Syala responded with a smile. “He’s been around the galaxy. And he doesn’t like the Empire one bit. Kinda a crazy old Ithorian who just does what he can to help out in the neighborhood. Not really a mayor. Like the Empire would let us have representation or leadership. He’s just the guy who puts things together. I’m his friend if you want. I could probably introduce you. If he’s in his usual spot.”

Sorr Kortu

"An Ithorian?" Sorr said raising an eyebrow. "Never thought the Imperials would allow other species besides Chiss." On the topic of Chiss, Sorr wondered why the Empire didn't help the Chiss after their planet was destroyed. Generations of service means nothing if you're not human it seems.

"In any case," Sorr smiled to Syala. "We'll talk to the mayor, hard to believe though that they would allow an Ithorian to run things even if it is the poorest region in Lianna they are deeply xenophobic afterall. The Empire loves to keep a tight lid on things which means everything, and everyone is being watched."

It did raise alarm bells that the Empire left Lower Melford alone. Perhaps the Imperial Security Bureau is keeping tabs in the areas. "There's my paranoia taking over again." Sorr thought.

"Please take us to him." Sorr said smiling."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

“The Empire merely does not care,” Syala explained further. “Chut does not lead so much as he guides and cares for. The Empire doesn’t object to anyone keeping us poor folks out of their hair. No matter what species they belong to. Chut has a garden, that’s where I usually find him. He’s a good friend to the orphans of Outer Melford.”

“Don’t mind his eyes everywhere stuff,” Brinna said with a smirk. “He thinks the ship’s AI is out to get him too.” She gave Sorr and Syala a wink. “But you’re saying that the Empire doesn’t care what happens in Outer Melford?”

Syala gave a bit of a shrug. “If we go to Melford proper and start trouble they come in and yank folks out to sit in jails or worse. It we got a collection going to start a rebellion I’m sure they would swoop in like no one’s business and put us down. But the people here are just trying to get by. As long as we keep our dirty hands out of Imperial business they pretty much let us do what we like.”

As the view outside the train changed from pristinely kept modern buildings to downtrodden aging facilities the train’s comm gave a tone. “Exit X. End of the line. For those returning to Melford keep your seat for a sort transition period. All others please depart promptly.”

Syala moved towards the doorway. “Come on,” she said with a smile. “I’ll show you to Chut’s garden and introduce you.”

Brinna gave Sorr a bit of a look. He was paranoid about overbearing governments. Brinna was paranoid about people being too nice. “I’m sure it is on the way,” she said trying to convince herself this was a coincidence. “What can it hurt to meet an old hammerhead?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom