Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Starlight and Serpents | Exploration of Sellia I

sellia_banner_1.png

STARLIGHT AND SERPENTS
EXPLORATION OF SELLIA I
Tags: Open

ord_providence_divider.png

New House of the Goddess, Sellia II, Sellia I

The Moon of Sellia I is now open to the Galaxy. After an toilsome migration off of Rishi with the assistance of the government of Ord Providence, the Rishii colonists of the oceanic moon have sent out official notice to the rest of the civilized world of a first successful year. Visitors are now being allowed to the moon, where a collection of occurances are underway. The moon's bustling ecosystem and civilization now call to those seeking adventure and new experiences to their front door....

sellia_banner_4.png

OBJECTIVE 1
SEA BEASTS

Hunter's trials have begun, unique to the Rishii tribe that have settled Sellia I, an act of defiance for being unable to hunt the sacred Maungur of their homeworld of Rishi. Now the best warriors take flight, bows in talon to hunt big game and recieve honor. Sea Dragons have recently been found to dwell on the moon, supplanted centuries ago by an unknown force of great power. Now the Rishii look to them as a test of strength. As a show of good faith to the Galactic Alliance for providing them sanctuary, warriors from across the Galaxy have been invited to partake in their sacred hunt....

sellia_banner_2.png

OBJECTIVE 2
WATERY WASTES

Long ago, Ord Providence was under the rule of the Pius Dea. Many of their cathedral ships, shot down in an ancient battle that would render the planet's atmosphere unbreathable, would crash into the watery surface of Sellia I, where they still linger in the shallow seas. The Rishii and the High Elders of Ord Providence have made a joint decision to give sanction to those looking to salvage old equipment to be smelted down or retained as historical artifacts. The depths of the ocean are now open to those looking for fortune on the high seas....

sellia_banner_3.png

OBJECTIVE 3
LUCKY BOAT FESTIVAL

With a first year of great success and safety in their new home, the Rishii migrants of Sellia I have decided to create a brand new ceremony in order to give thanks to their prosperity. The Lucky Boat Festival, as the name implies, is a maritime observance where the fishing boats of the village are decorated with lights and banners. The Blueport is packed with festive vessels, and the local settlement of Wozwashi Village has also set up stalls to sell goods and festival food. Their chieftain, Yulon Spinner, is expected to be present with his family and intends to give some short words to his people and their intergalactic guests. All are invited to come and share in the festivities....

Last edited:
Salacia Consolidated, at its core, was a salvage company that had got its roots collecting ocean salvage and debris. From Ceto, the company had expanded into space salvage quickly, earning a lions share of its growth and wealth due to the constant battles of force users in the galaxy.

Yet, it was always nice to get back to what started it all.

Makai stood with his back towards the sun, eschewing his normal suit and tie for shorts and a long-sleeved rash guard, knowing full well at some point he would be getting in the water, even if it wasn't salvage related.

The boat he was on slowly bobbed up in down in the current, crews working on pulling up pieces of the shipwrecks that lay below. If he leaned over the boat, some were easy to see in the crystal clear waters, dark shadows not too far down. Others were more hidden, overtaken by corals and rocks. Salacia would be leaving those alone, knowing they were habitats for life, critical to the fishing villages on the small dotted islands.

[ Sir, I will require more maintenance after this. During our excursion on Ceto, I acquired superficial salt damage to the left quadrant of my chassis. ]

Only Thirty-Seven would complain about superficial damage to his chassis. Any other droid would shake it off and keep moving. Yet the protocol droid was always concerned about his appearance, claiming he was also an extension of Makai and must present himself as such.

The droid had spent too much time around Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau it seemed.

"The minute we leave Thirty-Seven, I'll be sure we visit an ATC station to get you back better than new."

sellia_banner_3.png

Sellia I
Tags: Open

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"...and we must recognize that the road to this place did not come without hardship..."

Shem's father stood on a podium rigged up at the Blueport, overlooking the soon to commence festivities. The fledgling himself was listening intently. After all, he had not been home in some time, nor had he been able to hear the words of his old man. The bird prince was, if anything, greatly enthralled by the speaking abilities of Chieftain Yulon Spinner. That was the kind of man he wanted to be when he grew up after all.

"Rishi brought our people great turmoil," the older avian man continued. "Not all of us made it to this new sanctuary. Even as we departed, our old home was subject to the flames of invasion. I hope this day cannot simply be a celebration of success, but a day of memorial for the departed as well. Beloved family, those taken unceremoniously..."

He understood what this was in reference to. Shem's people had become warriors for a reason, after all. The hostile beats of Rishi had inflicted great hardships upon them, beasts that they were forbidden to slay. It was a struggle that had taken his mother. It was an event that effected Shem very little, but the boy was ever observant of the lasting effects that this had on his dear father. When Yulon spoke of the loss that they had experienced, he very much listened.

"But this is a new beginning," the Chieftain stated, his tone uplifting. "The waters here are ripe with game, the skies clear and calm. Our new position under the wing of our allies strengthens our people once more. Bellies are full, and the new generation is already overflowing with hope and aspiration. None will be unable to recognize that this day is indeed a good day. I, for one, plan to spend this day in high spirits. I am particularly eager to try a nice bottle of Corellian Whiskey that was gifted to me by Madam Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia . The senator has assured me it will make me 'feel like a chancellor'."

A warm wave of amusement washed over the gathered crowd.

"Go forth, then," Yulon said to them finally, "Be merry. The night is young."

And the festival had thus begun. Lanterns lit up freshly constructed fishing vessels, all featuring ornate figureheads of birds and serpents. People began to scatter, stalls began to open, and very quickly Shem found himself unsure of where to start.

Perhaps he'd take a minute to think.

She had the funds, and could really get about anywhere she wanted to go, but if she was going into the Alliance space? She was going to need some help. And that meant reaching out for some friends she met. As a Witch, her credits came from a less-than-honest form. Sure, it was technically stealing, but she followed an old Chandrillan folktale that stealing from the rich and bring that to a place where it could be better used. And the Dathomiri had plenty of enemies to steal from guilt free.

So did her Jedi friends.

Brooke though, had found her way out to Sellia I by contacting her friend Makai. Well, friend, more like colleague. She helped check out a world with him and another fish. This world had a lot, but since it already was being founded and covered by another group? She wasn’t about to bring her Witch Clan here. Salacia was a salvage company, so this was going to be very different.

Being aboard a boat was something she was used to. She wished she could have flown her own boat here, but it wasn’t always easy for her to get it moved. “Sounds like some of us take more care than the rest…” She laughed at Makai’s droid. The blonde was in a skinsuit, as usual. If she was out working she wasn’t about to be showing off. It’d get really bothersome to some folks. She had a net, and her Gem of Arda on her hip.

“Are we looking for anything in particular?” Or could she start hunting any old crash to see if there was a Force artifact to be hidden away.

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

“Are we looking for anything in particular?” Or could she start hunting any old crash to see if there was a Force artifact to be hidden away.

"We are not looking for anything in particular, just typical salvage. Crews will pull up the wrecks that aren't teeming with life and melt them down into new metals."

Gaze fell back onto the horizon, looking at one of the distant islands he knew lay out in the sea. A small fishing village, it has reminded him of Gala and his mothers side of the family.

"Figured some of the wrecks are good for keeping these fishing villages afloat. Biodiversity. The rest is ours to explore and enjoy and salvage."

Makai walked to the edge of the boat, ready to dive into the water and get started. Crews would work on pulling up wrecks, a slow process at times. They had plenty of hours to explore.

"Think we will find some aurodium doubloons, like in the holofilms? Probably not so lucky, maybe some interesting but useless technology thats all water-logged."

Without another word, Makai dived into the water, disappearing under the waves.

Brooke Waters Brooke Waters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom