Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Starbane Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.
ad1edb090a964825d611a9a293e22db7.jpg

Starbane Fighter Squadrons launching an attack against enemy orbital defenses.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Mass-Produced bomber-Transport hybrid craft for the Athysian League navy
  • Image Source: (Credit)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: X-Wing
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Bomber-Transport Hybrid (Requires retrofitting to change purpose)
  • Length: 15 meters
  • Width: 17 meters
  • Height: 3,3 meters
  • Armament: High
    • 4 Laser Cannons (Wing Armaments)
    • 2 Proton Torpedo Launchers (4 torpedoes each)
    • 1 Rotating Dual-Laser Cannon Turret
    • 36 Proton Bombs carrying Capacity (Can also be retrofitted to carry 20 passengers)
  • Defenses: Average
    • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Squadron Count: 12
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Low
    • Twin Ion Engines
  • Hyperdrive Class: 2.5
    • Standard Hyperdrive
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Twin Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Advanced Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Proton Torpedo Launchers, Proton Bombs
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Bomber, or Transport alike. The Starbanes have a large carrying capacity for Proton torpedoes, however, they can also be retrofitted with passenger belts and serve as troop transport shuttles, should the Host requires to move troops between ships, or even perform landings.
  • Flying fortress. The large number of defensive armaments allow the Starbanes to prove a rather dangerous enemy in battle, being able to serve also as small gunboats, providing supressive fire and anti-air cover, during troop landfalls and embarkments.
  • Blaze the foe. The Starbanes, when fitted to carry Proton Bombs, they can fly in large numbers over enemy target (best suited planetary) and unload their deadly cargo in Aerial Strikes.
WEAKNESSES
  • Slow Jump. Although rather stout and powerful assets to be used in void and aerial warfare alike, the Starbanes are equipped with rather slow hyperdrives, with most interest when it comes to engines being put into allowing maneuvering, but not initially designed for hyperspace travels, unless it is absolutely necessary.
  • Small Crafts. When it comes to troop transports, the Starbanes are unable to carry a significant number of troops, which limits their role to small scale transportations, mostly utilized as such out-of-combat, as supply boats.
DESCRIPTION
The Starbane bomber is a thick, stout craft with a rather wide spread of wings and large body. Their durasteel hulls are always painted with the signifying red of the Athysian Hegenikas. The most usual appearance of such shuttles is from the docks of a large cruiser or destroyer warship of the Athysian League. Their most renown use is the "Wildfire" bombardments, which is a strategy in which several squadrons of Starbane bombers band together, unloading their deadly cargo in mass scale, aiming to completely destroy the planetary target.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Desmundor Alcademon Desmundor Alcademon

Hello! I'll be your judge today! Warhammer 40K pictures always are always good choice!
  • Please link the proper link, where you find the picture (not the picture, the website).
  • Please link Athys Industries, if this not exist, please create it, or choose an existing canon/eu factory.
  • Under the Affiliation, please link the faction page, not the ad thread.
  • You mentioned this is a hybrid bomber/gunboat, please modify the classification to reflect this as well.
  • The ship is a bit overpowered, +1. Please fix it.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Starship Spreadsheet here under the tools. You need to download it to your computer/phone first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • Please explain where high protection comes from. With a short list, such as a shield, reinforced hull , etc. Where you can link reference (from wookipedia for example), do this please.
  • The 36 proton torpedo with the other weapons are beyond the average rating, please choose a smaller number.
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.

Desmundor Alcademon Desmundor Alcademon

Hello! I'll be your judge today! Warhammer 40K pictures always are always good choice!
  • Please link the proper link, where you find the picture (not the picture, the website).
  • Please link Athys Industries, if this not exist, please create it, or choose an existing canon/eu factory.
  • Under the Affiliation, please link the faction page, not the ad thread.
  • You mentioned this is a hybrid bomber/gunboat, please modify the classification to reflect this as well.
  • The ship is a bit overpowered, +1. Please fix it.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Starship Spreadsheet here under the tools. You need to download it to your computer/phone first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • Please explain where high protection comes from. With a short list, such as a shield, reinforced hull , etc. Where you can link reference (from wookipedia for example), do this please.
  • The 36 proton torpedo with the other weapons are beyond the average rating, please choose a smaller number.
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.
Hey boss! On it with the changes! 36 proton bombs i put due to the bomber nature. Number was just my jnterpretation of stowage capacity so cannot say it was a rational decision! Will be having it fixed by tonight!

My important question though! The Athysian Industries reflect to the noble houses who produce equipment. Imagine colonial british empire. You basically had nobility being also production source. Should i make them a profile company per se?

MANIAC MANIAC

Patch notes:
  • Remade the stats to fit the class, as suggested, based on the Spreadsheet calculations.
  • Class fixed to hybrid
  • Links fixed
  • Added the way through which Proton Bombs are utilized. Rather limited way, as they all rain down once, so it operates pretty much like the flying fortress plane of WW2, nullifying the tactical advantage when it comes to using it offensivelly.

I added an actual video on how aerial strikes look when conducted, please approve whether it is allowed or not.

awaiting yours,

Me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom