Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Who else hated it?

Okay, before I get started, I would like to say that when I'm angry about something, I REALLY rant about things.
Anyways.
The Clone Wars, for me, was the biggest Star Wars letdown I've ever experienced. And there are MANY reasons for this.
First and foremost, the Force. The Clone Wars show came out the same year as the Force Unleashed, so I will give the first season the benefit of the doubt on this part. However, throughout the show, the Force was SO underrated, it's not even funny. I mean, they practically used it as a tool to retrieve your lightsaber when you dropped it. Star Killer from Force Unleashed was not as powerful as Darth Vader, but Anakin Skywalker from the show was either the stupidest or weakest Jedi when it came to the Force. I mean, how many times did he get captured instead of using the Force? And then there's the whole, "Let's physically fight every single enemy without a plan, including Grievous, who we could literally crush his lungs with a flick of our hands like in the Old Clone Wars show." Honestly, they used the Force worse than the Original Trilogy, which is saying something because at the time of making the Original Trilogy, they didn't the technology to do all the crazy stuff they could have. The Clone Wars, however, DEFINITELY had the technology, and it would have been so easy. I've programmed stuff before, I know what I'm talking about.
Then there was a bunch of plot stuff that I hated. The Hutts, for instance. They specifically introduce Jabba's Mother and Father. Aren't Hutts hermaphroditic? Also, Savage Opress was one of my favorite characters in the show, and he was so cool, but then they made him lame. I don't fully remember what happened because I stopped watching it last year, but I hated that story arc because it made him this awesome assassin, cooler than Darth Maul in my opinion, and then they had Ventress beat him or something. Stupid. Ventress is SO not better than Darth Maul. And then they brought Darth Maul back! Why would you do that?! You can't bring back people who you specifically KILLED! Ugh. And then someone showed me the whole story arc, and I hated it. It just infuriated me. The whole show infuriated me.
I mean, this is a kid's show, right?
WHY THE HECK IS THE MAIN PLOT COMPLETELY REVOLVING AROUND THE POLITICS INSTEAD OF THE AWESOME ACTION THAT WAS TAKING PLACE?!
Okay, deep breaths...deep breaths. I stopped watching the show when they got into the "Four Episode Story arc," when a lot of the stuff they were showing was pointless and unnecessary. Honestly, I no longer consider the show Canon.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
I saw the theater preview with my family when it came out and decided that watching it would only make me mad. There's a significant portion of lore I'm missing because of that, but I can't say I know half the star wars lore anyways, so it doesn't really matter that much to me.

Ava Solborne

A
The Clone Wars, along with all Prequels... was great. The storyline wasn't the best, but it was bet... Oh, forgot. I can't say anything about that anymore. But yes, I liked the Clone Wars and I still like it. :D

Wow you Sith are violent.
And anyways, I prefer'd the old Clone Wars, before Episode III came out. That thing was epic. I mean, one of the episodes was literally Mace Windu single-handedly destroying an army of droids...with his fists.

I hated the fact Anakin had a Padawan. I know it was aimed at kids but they totally just f'd canon on the show. I can only stand bits and pieces, I don't see it as the great masterpiece everyone else seems to.

Ava Solborne

A
It all happened too suddenly... Well, in the second film, Anakin was a Padawan and, boom, in the Clone Wars he was a Knight. I know there were two different series, but I am talking about the second one. Making the second series without explaining, what happened before was just bad. Really bad. But the whole series was great. :D

And also, the first five seasons were only a year of the three year gap, too. The other one worked better not just as a show, but because you could sit and watch Attack of the Clones, then both seasons of Clone Wars, and then go straight into Episode III with only like an hour or two spent in between the two episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom