Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Who else hated it?

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
Halik Falkosi said:
Yeah, I hate the old Clone Wars series. It is flat out terrible. Filled with stupidity and over the top nonsense that really has no place in SW. Mace Windu's fight scene is just absurd. One Jedi against an entire army of Droids? Who needs clones? Yeah, okay he is one of the top Jedi. But I am pretty certain I watched him not be that insanely incredible in the Geonosis battle. Oh and if you argument is that the new show is not fitting with EU. Then lol. Read the Republic comics. Mace Windu never does anything near on that level. In the movies he doesn't. In the books he doesn't. The old cartoon doesn't even fit with Labyrinth of Evil in terms of how it tells the story of what happens right before episode III. Honestly, the old cartoon is not superior in any way other than in being absurd.

The new cartoon is far superior. It actually tells stories. It builds characters and relationships. It even has fights that look significantly better than anything in the old cartoon or the movies (frickin' sword dancing crap in Ep. III). The plots might not be stuff that you like but meh. I was a little bummed that they did not show Drexl on Onderon, or at least the things they showed looked nothing like them. But I do not care. It was still a great storyline. The Mandalorian stuff is just GREAT. Flat out awesome. It shows that during a point in their history they tried to change their ways because they saw nothing fruitful coming from their warlike past, which honestly had resulted in them losing over and over again. Not really a great way of life to cling to when you're being beaten every time. And in the end they are once again the warriors we know about. All the clone wars did was reveal another part of their history. It was quite honestly... brilliant.

Maul being alive has actually worked out splendidly and in an absolutely fascinating way. Really has made him more of a complete character. Sidious absolutely crushing him is just amazing.

The Clone Wars has given us early Tarkin which was interesting to say the least.

And I get some people's issue with Ahsoka but the question of Ahsoka is probably one of the most interesting in the entire series. And honestly looks to be going in a very very interesting direction.
i also liked the new CW cartoon. IMO it gives we the viewers ALOT more lore; tarkin, Maul, The Mandalorians, other known criminals, other jedi, republic commandos, ect ect

and perhaps more than that, ahsoka is there for 2 reasons; 1 she is just a fun little sister character, and makes a very good counterpoint to both anakin and obiwan, and rex when applicable.
and 2, more importantly, her leaving the jedi order illustrates fairly clearly that anakin FAILED TO BE ABLE TO TRAIN AN APPRENTICE, thus yet another mark against him as a successful jedi, which is expectedly another stone lain down for his path to the dark side.

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
The true Clone Wars was the one made Genndy Tartakovsky. It was so good that Lord Lucas panicked and decided to reboot the franchise. And then decided to erase all traces of it.

It was that good.

John Harrison

J
Ironwolf said:
The true Clone Wars was the one made Genndy Tartakovsky. It was so good that Lord Lucas panicked and decided to reboot the franchise. And then decided to erase all traces of it.

It was that good.
I loved that series. Didn't have Sky though, so I missed loads of it. I got them on DVD though, so I can watch them all whenever I please.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
I actually like it a bit. Though I agree that some elements of it were redundant, unnecessary, redundant, and somewhat stupid. Though I would like to see what happens to Ahsoka. It would be interesting.

They should have just left it with the old 2003 series...plus in that one clones were boss,especially the ARC Troopers* stupid auto correct...there MAY not be that much lore but at least I don't feel like I'm watching a presidential debate

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
anyone else think that Rookies was the best episode? No politics, jedi, or intricate plots. Just some droids shooting clones, then some clones shooting droids, and then.... BOOM!

I still think the older clones were awesomer . They actually had the build of soldiers, their arms and legs weren't puny compared to their rifles.. Although the old series didn't include RCs .(I think) two minutes of screen time it was made up pretty close by the ARC troopers. Although the old series did have one part with mace windu and the giant cube of death...I liked it better

Puny? They look like soldiers to me. Have you been around the army? The clone troopers look just as fit in those as real soldiers do. Yeah, they aren't Master Chief or the Gears of War losers, but they're certainly not small fries.

And really, I just can't take those who think the old series is better very seriously on this matter. The old series was a few minute blurbs with next to zero substance. The new series has story, character development, and everything a the previous series did not. I honestly don't think they have seen the new series or they went into it intending to dislike it.

Trust me I don't WANT them to be gears of war size.... They just aren't too armored looking. When I compared the ones from the Movie release of the new sereis to the old ones of 2003 it was a down size. I didn't say the old sereis had storyline but I just dont like the fact that mandalorians are tree huggers except for the death watch

I liked it. I thought it was flavorful. Gives them a bit more history. Also was all around interesting. It did not change anything really, just added. Which is why I think the anger at the addition is a tad bit silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom