Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Who else hated it?

The problem is you consider the 2D animated show a 'masterpiece' because it was made to, as you said, 'put epic action' on the screen, not tell a story. The Clone Wars CGI show told stories much more in line with the prequel films. And like I said, do you hate the prequels too for changing EU? Because the prequels did more EU damage than The Clone Wars show ever did.
And Jedi were Generals because they had both training and enhanced abilities. Not because they were invincible. Again, if they were invincible, Order 66 would never have worked.
You don't have to like the show, not everybody does, but it feels to me you wanted a series of constant far over the top action and instead got a character driven series in line with the films and it wasn't what you wanted.

Sheena said:
The problem is you consider the 2D animated show a 'masterpiece' because it was made to, as you said, 'put epic action' on the screen, not tell a story. The Clone Wars CGI show told stories much more in line with the prequel films. And like I said, do you hate the prequels too for changing EU? Because the prequels did more EU damage than The Clone Wars show ever did.
And Jedi were Generals because they had both training and enhanced abilities. Not because they were invincible. Again, if they were invincible, Order 66 would never have worked.
I consider it a masterpiece mainly because it was actually made by a good team of writers who made sure it fit cohesively between Episode II and III. The new Clone Wars does not. The prequel films did not really do anything to EU, what are you talking about?

Order 66 worked because the Jedi had no way to expect that they were going to be betrayed, and they were overconfident in their abilities sometimes. Even the mightiest warrior can fall if a thousand of his allies blindside him.

Sandis Veeran said:
Yeah, but did you not just watch that Mace Windu clip?
But is it fair to compare one of the top three Jedi to every other Jedi/Sith in the galaxy. Very few ever get that powerful or else force users truly would own the galaxy and being a non force user would almost never work in a RP unless you wanted to be a slave.

Sandis Veeran said:
I consider it a masterpiece mainly because it was actually made by a good team of writers who made sure it fit cohesively between Episode II and III. The new Clone Wars does not. The prequel films did not really do anything to EU, what are you talking about?

Order 66 worked because the Jedi had no way to expect that they were going to be betrayed, and they were overconfident in their abilities sometimes. Even the mightiest warrior can fall if a thousand of his allies blindside him.
About fifteen galactic marines killed Kit-Adi-Mundi. He saw it and had time to react but was still brought down by the fifteen. Jedi aren't gods.

Davin Jusik said:
But is it fair to compare one of the top three Jedi to every other Jedi/Sith in the galaxy. Very few ever get that powerful or else force users truly would own the galaxy and being a non force user would almost never work in a RP unless you wanted to be a slave.
This... is true. I did not consider this.

However, the Clone Wars was still based on the best of the best of the Jedi. Not the ones you never hear about.

Actually, I'd argue the Mace clip is my exact problem with that show. Simply put, it DOESN'T fit in to what we see in Episode 2 and 3. At all. We see Mace and an army of Jedi fighting droids and he loses.

Which makes no sense when he can tear apart an army unarmed all on his own.

He didn't lose by himself, army of Jedi he was trying to protect through the whole thing can be a huge crutch.

I don't like the clone wars tv show because simply put, the story is stupid. Yes the portrayal of the force is a accurate but that doesn't matter if the story doesn't make sense.

I do dislike certain EU versions of the force because they do make Jedi seem like something they're not. Gods. Some translate that to Rps and other stories incorrectly.

But if Jedi were that capable, they wouldn't need protecting. That Mace sequence in the cartoon doesn't marry up to the movies.

Disliking TCW because you didn't like the storylines makes more sense to me. Obviously I disagree but it's a reason I can understand.

Yeah, I hate the old Clone Wars series. It is flat out terrible. Filled with stupidity and over the top nonsense that really has no place in SW. Mace Windu's fight scene is just absurd. One Jedi against an entire army of Droids? Who needs clones? Yeah, okay he is one of the top Jedi. But I am pretty certain I watched him not be that insanely incredible in the Geonosis battle. Oh and if you argument is that the new show is not fitting with EU. Then lol. Read the Republic comics. Mace Windu never does anything near on that level. In the movies he doesn't. In the books he doesn't. The old cartoon doesn't even fit with Labyrinth of Evil in terms of how it tells the story of what happens right before episode III. Honestly, the old cartoon is not superior in any way other than in being absurd.

The new cartoon is far superior. It actually tells stories. It builds characters and relationships. It even has fights that look significantly better than anything in the old cartoon or the movies (frickin' sword dancing crap in Ep. III). The plots might not be stuff that you like but meh. I was a little bummed that they did not show Drexl on Onderon, or at least the things they showed looked nothing like them. But I do not care. It was still a great storyline. The Mandalorian stuff is just GREAT. Flat out awesome. It shows that during a point in their history they tried to change their ways because they saw nothing fruitful coming from their warlike past, which honestly had resulted in them losing over and over again. Not really a great way of life to cling to when you're being beaten every time. And in the end they are once again the warriors we know about. All the clone wars did was reveal another part of their history. It was quite honestly... brilliant.

Maul being alive has actually worked out splendidly and in an absolutely fascinating way. Really has made him more of a complete character. Sidious absolutely crushing him is just amazing.

The Clone Wars has given us early Tarkin which was interesting to say the least.

And I get some people's issue with Ahsoka but the question of Ahsoka is probably one of the most interesting in the entire series. And honestly looks to be going in a very very interesting direction.

I will admit, Tarkin was one of my favorite of the story arcs because Tarkin was such a great villain that we never saw again. It was one of the better told of the stories.

I think now we should agree on one thing; everybody has different tastes. Those who prefer the movies over the lore prefer the new one. Those who prefer the lore over the movies (such as myself) prefer the old one. I will consent that there are some storytellers out there who are not good at their job. But that doesn't change the fact that we each enjoy our own different stories.

Like I said before, the Mace scene in the old Clone Wars show was so over the top the EU actually made an excuse for it too. According to that, the little kid who he sees at the end grows up to be an animator, and animates a film about how awesome the Jedi were for Rebel propaganda, based on a Jedi he met on Dantooine.
In other words, the cartoon we see is meant to be the 'in universe' cartoon this kid made, and hence why it's so over the top. It's a retcon, but shows that even the EU considered that sequence too much...

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
I have all of the old clone wars cartoons on DVD. And I love them.

But now Windu's epic droid-massacre is a propaganda film!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
It still destroyed the awesome. I was happy to see him do that stuff. I didn't care about the implications, it was awesome. It's like watching Star Trek and hating it because: "It's an unrealistic representation of space travel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom