Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stampeding Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joycelyn Zambrano said:
6 vs. 60 is a bad example, though I think the question it's supposed to ask is relatively important. That is, what if there is a notable size-difference between the two competing factions? Should one side hold back members out of fear of stampeding?

The answer is a simple no.

As mentioned in my previous comment; it has more to do with the content of the replies than the number thereof. Iirc, stampeding is about pushing your advantage over the other faction without giving them time to respond.
Pretty much this with a bad example.

Yeah, cheers Joycelyn :)

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]
Previous threads, or any previous actions have no applicability to this new clarification.

[member="Joycelyn Zambrano"]
Is correct in their assessment.

I'm not sure how much simpler I can put this, it's all quite clear in the initial post.

Let's take this mythical 60 vs 6 invasion, which would not even be a contest, but still.

Your 60 invaders can all post, so long as in doing so they're not stampeding the opposition into a position where they can't reply. They also should only be posting once, not multiple times. They then wait a reasonable amount of time for the 6 enemies, who by this point are probably lolnoping their way out of there, and then they can post again.

You know, maybe. Just Maybe. JUST MAYBE. MAYBE. The problem isn't clarification. No.

Someone dived into the ice...

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], they keep it intentionally vague so you know, they'll call it maybe.

[member="Darth Metus"]
I think that is a reasonable amount of time - that's what the usual convention is.

Though, you need to show some awareness of the situation and not count down minutes and seconds on a stopwatch. That's just silly.

There are things one can do to progress without it being stampeding. If the opposition is taking too much time, you could reach out in the OOC or through PM and see if they will be able to respond, perhaps even hash out what happens. Cooperation and OOC conduct is a factor in judging these invasions after all (see: Invasion Rules, Victory Conditions; Participation, and Drama).

Tanomas Graf

T
DQ8hfr6.gif

Yes, for all you rules lawyers, my judges have the ability to interpret the rule as they need to. What I have given here is examples and scenarios which are pretty absurd.

So if you start quoting this thread to them like "We did X because Valiens said Y here" that's gonna cut as much ice as a rubber saw.

Definitely Not Tefka said:
And on this day, of all days, the vocal few demanded quotable and exploitable definitions from Staff to override the quiet majority’s common sense and good sportsmanship.
Common sense tends to be used by those who are not vocal and don't ask for clarifications. It should be common sense.

Don't care for the new rule change, understand it for some, but I see it as a waste.

Memes said:
Kei Raxis, on 10 Mar 2018 - 3:42 PM, said: Faction A has 60 members. Faction B has 6 members. I don't think any rule change is going to help Faction B at this point, lol.

Team B needs Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, ten good men and climbing spikes. :p

There's also Ser Twenty Goodmen Ramsay.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Memes"]

Memes

Pizza Dog, Pizza Dog, put him in the oven and watc
[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

That will, for sure, impregnate the Faction A.

Edit: It's just quote wordplay. Don't give me that look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom