Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stampeding Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff has clarified the stampeding rule. We will also have new procedures for looking at what and what is not stampeding to make it fair for both sides.

The revision is below:

• Stampeding is not allowed. Stampeding is when several members of a Major Faction post repetitively without waiting for a proper response from the opposition.

Whilst this still is open to interpretation, I have instructed staff that from now on unfairness and stifling of the opposition has to be clearly apparent.

This is a blank slate and neither applies to old cases, nor will old cases inform how we judge in the future.

So just for clarification clarification's sake, pre-writing invasion opening posts and having a faction post theirs all at once is still kosher, right? The vibe I got from the previous discussion was that it's okay depending on the content of the post. I.E. it's alright to have an intro post to define your starting point in the invasion but not to land, smash though the enemy's shields and slaughter a bunch of their soldiers all in one post without giving them a chance to counter.

[member="Farah"]
The context is important, but in theory, yes, you can put a bunch of pre-written posts into effect.

BUT

You must give the opposition reasonable time to respond

and

You must not one hit/metagame into a position where they cannot react.

For example:
Writer 1: Fleet emerges from hyperspace.
W2: Fleet assumes total blockade position.
W3: Fleet blocks all communications.
W4: Fleet attacks a space station in orbit.
All without waiting for a response.

Now, that's an extreme version, but fairness is key. Think; 'Would I be fine with this if an enemy did this to my faction?'

So you are saying we must wait for a faction to reply to a single writer before the rest of us can post? Isn't that a good way for a faction to avoid invasions by just not posting within the needed time for the invasion to be considered to be valid?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Gotcha, that makes sense. So it’s a bit more nuanced in the sense that writers from one faction can all post at once provided that their posts don’t build off of each other in a way that ends up metagaming. Thanks!

[member="Aedan Miles"]
Did I say that? Where did I say that? Of course I didn't say that.

Post, but let the opposition reply before you reply again.

How is this difficult to understand?

Stampeding is when several members of a Major Faction post repetitively without waiting for a proper response from the opposition.

But I fail to see how that definition of it applied to what happened in a recent invasion I was in. I just re read it and can't really see how that applies at all.

[member="Aedan Miles"]
Are you actually reading posts or are you just trolling me? Probably both.

Let's look at my original post shall we:

"This is a blank slate and neither applies to old cases, nor will old cases inform how we judge in the future."

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
how #%^*ed is ur idea of leadership that u think dog piling posts is gonna “win” fictional stories

and how many sheeple do we have listening to stampeders thinking “yeah this is kay”

i bet ur big, lonely stampedes get u all the girls

Just as a point I raised prior.

Faction A has 60 members.
Faction B has 6 members.

Faction A will have to pace out their posts? Wouldn't that mean that certain members of faction A don't get to post as there will be other members of Faction A who beat them to it and for fears of stampeding they won't post?

I love the clarification, just a little unsure of how it'll work if there's a really large member difference between factions.

The difference is very simple.

No, the 60 members don't have to pace out their posts. It's not them posting that really the issue of stampeding, it's rather what is being posted.

60 x "I am here. I have arrived at scene. Let's fight" is fine.

The problem arrives when

A establishes position.
B Uses established position to gain advantage.
C Escalates advantage based on A and B.

All without waiting for a response from the opposing faction.

Like this:
Valiens Nantaris said:
Writer 1: Fleet emerges from hyperspace.
W2: Fleet assumes total blockade position.
W3: Fleet blocks all communications.
W4: Fleet attacks a space station in orbit.
All without waiting for a response.

6 vs. 60 is a bad example, though I think the question it's supposed to ask is relatively important. That is, what if there is a notable size-difference between the two competing factions? Should one side hold back members out of fear of stampeding?

The answer is a simple no.

As mentioned in my previous comment; it has more to do with the content of the replies than the number thereof. Iirc, stampeding is about pushing your advantage over the other faction without giving them time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom