Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique: December 2013

Alachei Mnemenos said:
The WYSIWYG isn't always 100%, as it sometimes tends to resize images, add unwanted line breaks and do a few other simple but quirky things when copying from sources outside of the editor.
That's definitely an issue. Send me a private message of which submissions you want the source code for and I'll get it for you.

I would say you guys are doing fairly well, you keep the atmo rather fun and pleasent.... but to much elmo and disney.... way to much...i mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IxliAPjAk

I've been RPing somewhere around for or five years and no matter what site I go to, one thing has always been consistent. The staff have always scared the living kriff out of me. However, this place is an exception. For once I don't feel like running for my life when I meet an admin. Good job in making this phobia disappear with your awesomeness.

I've written at so many boards.

My honest critique is i've never seen better staff. This thread is probably the only example I need to give of that, I'd like name another board that's done it but I can't. I've happily seen a factory once or twice to churn out player developed ideas, rarely, but never this :)

I fully expect to get a wrap on the knuckles if I break the rules.
I also fully respect all the freedom writers get here.

That's about it. Don't know if means anything but mostly, beyond that I respect staff telling folk to keep OOC and IC separate. <--- that's about the biggest thing over all the years that mattered.

I actually really like the staff on this RP site, you guys are awesome. :)

Other than that, I wish the tag @ thing would work for me... cause right now it doesn't work for some reason. (sorry not really a staff critique)

Paega Anginous said:
I actually really like the staff on this RP site, you guys are awesome. :)

Other than that, I wish the tag @ thing would work for me... cause right now it doesn't work for some reason. (sorry not really a staff critique)
Yeah its the problem of getting a ' in < not sure how you'd do this even from a coders point of view ,which I used to be. Because you need a way for the code to realise its not a special comment, or command in the code. Probably possible but it'd require a search of all the names possible after that ' to make sure it wasn't a comment, indexing the names and such. Basically a big load on the database. *Some assumptions on my part here.

@[member="Paega Anginous"]
Arumi Zy said:
Ok for serious now, i would like to see more staff events, those things are wicked fun
While I agree, man it takes a lot of effort/energy. They're fun, but as a Staff, I feel like we can get burned out pretty quickly.

Kei Amadis said:
I've written at so many boards.
My honest critique is i've never seen better staff. This thread is probably the only example I need to give of that, I'd like name another board that's done it but I can't. I've happily seen a factory once or twice to churn out player developed ideas, rarely, but never this :)
I fully expect to get a wrap on the knuckles if I break the rules.
I also fully respect all the freedom writers get here.
That's about it. Don't know if means anything but mostly, beyond that I respect staff telling folk to keep OOC and IC separate. <--- that's about the biggest thing over all the years that mattered.
You're going to go far with that kind of mindset here. There's nothing more relaxing than to hear a player say "keep OOC and IC separate."

Vulpesen said:
I've been RPing somewhere around for or five years and no matter what site I go to, one thing has always been consistent. The staff have always scared the living kriff out of me. However, this place is an exception. For once I don't feel like running for my life when I meet an admin. Good job in making this phobia disappear with your awesomeness.
Most of the Admins/RPJs here are pretty cuddly. Sometimes I'll lose my temper, patience is a precious commodity on Staff, but thankfully I've got some pretty chill dudes that can cover for me while I'm off flipping desks in the background.

We're human, and we do make mistakes all the time, and we do lose our cool all the time. But as long as a Staff member remembers to step away when they become compromised like that, and take a breather, this place'll remain chill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom