Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique: December 2013

Suhr

S
The mods and admins haven't recorded a christmas song, and thus run the risk of RUINING CHRISTMAS . This should be rectified immediately in order to save christmas and not be looked upon as ye olde scrooges for the rest of the year.

We've actually done a lot already for Christmas (new map, rank titles redone) but I've still got one more present to the community up my sleeve. Some other Staffers are also working on some pretty cool projects.

With that said, I'm definitely not singing for you.

@[member="Daella Apparine"] @ALL STAFF

I have tried to go into RP thread to see the "Error page" I have asked a few people VIA PM that still works if they have seen it, and they have also said that it is happening to them as well. Could this be a Site wide problem or just a select few who happen to have a bug?

In relation to the staff events, I would propose that instead of making it strictly staff run, you guys look to put a staff member or two in charge of organizing an idea, selecting a couple non-staff members to help run it, and go from there. Then all the weight isn't on staff and they can continue to do what they like. Providing guiding hands to sort of keep it in the direction they want to go.

I would also tone down some of the rewards for it. The event should be participated in for the story and a neat reward, not something that is going to make them uber resistant to lightsabers or whatever.

Staff does a good job, I've never been a fan of instant denies, everyone should have a chance to rework their creation rather than it being immediately thrown into the crap bin.

I think ensuring all the rules are up to date where they are listed is an important thing to stay on top of because members rely on that for their rules. Staff can always use a nicer tone whenever possible and should avoid being too snarky/rude, even if not in a staff voice, because they are precedent setters in just about whatever they do.

A few more examples of "good tech" submissions would certainly help in the factory rather than necessarily just an outline.

Overall I think you guys do a pretty good job but there is always room for improvement. Everything should always be as courteous as possible, not just staff but everyone, even if it's irritable. Just take a breather before responding and lets all keep the board an inviting place. We're essentially a large family here, like any community, and we're going to have our scuffles but it's always important to be able to move past that and keep an open mind without always judging someone for their past actions.

*Edit (Rp to staff)

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but yesterday and again today i've had instances where a friend is online, but it says they're offline when I check the 'friends online' button. This has happened on a few of my characters. Its nothing really huge, just wondering what's up.

Torjesgo said:
I would propose that instead of making it strictly staff run, you guys look to put a staff member or two in charge of organizing an idea, selecting a couple non-staff members to help run it, and go from there
This is definitely possible. I'll forward this to the guys working on the event.

Torjesgo said:
I would also tone down some of the rewards for it.
I will forward this to them as well.

Torjesgo said:
I've never been a fan of instant denies, everyone should have a chance to rework their creation rather than it being immediately thrown into the crap bin.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I would suggest that if you feel the denial was unwarranted and your submission can be accepted as you had written it, then ask for a Second Chance. If you feel that your submission requires some edits including those that the Judge thought was necessary, feel free to edit it and submit a new thread.

Torjesgo said:
Staff can always use a nicer tone whenever possible and should avoid being too snarky/rude, even if not in a staff voice, because they are precedent setters in just about whatever they do.
I'll keep that in mind, and I'll forward this concern to the rest of Staff. Thank you for pointing this out, as it is sometimes hard even for myself to know when I am acting too rude.

Darth Sadrion said:
I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but yesterday and again today i've had instances where a friend is online, but it says they're offline when I check the 'friends online' button. This has happened on a few of my characters. Its nothing really huge, just wondering what's up.
I'll check out the Friend's Online feature.

Ignasius Van-Derveld

I'm the mother flippin'
Hi! Yup!
Aside from getting instabanned over a totally flukey name choice I used when I first joined the site, I have not had any issues. I just keep to myself and do my thing.

I am wanting to incorporate more of the current board lore and plot elements into my threads. In fact, I plan to do so with the Mage's first little adventure. The only thing I am a little unsure about is how I am able to use these board plot elements. The dead are rising, sounds fun! But is this just on Dagobah? I could dredge through dozens of RPs to find out, but I was hoping there was some place easier to source this info. Are people still coming down with the plague at all? I know it seems to have died off, but is it ok to have someone die of it occasionally? I would like to have a ship full of 'risen dead' to content with but am unsure of the mechanics of HOW these have come to be. Is there a particular thread that I should read? What are the rules or 'board canon' about these creatures?

For someone new to the universe like me, it is a bit tough not to revert to the 'Star Wars I know' rather than playing in the 'Star Wars that exists here'. Perhaps an easier way to learn these things? Not really a complaint, just a request.

Ignasius Van-Derveld said:
For someone new to the universe like me, it is a bit tough not to revert to the 'Star Wars I know' rather than playing in the 'Star Wars that exists here'.
It might be best to run with the Star Wars you know, as in Star Wars canon. The timeline exists mostly to say that things have been "reset to a blank state." Planets such as Alderaan have been recreated, for example. It is far enough ahead in the Star Wars timeline to where none of the canon characters exist. Most big galactic events, such as the Clockwork and Dead Harvester events, usually end with a return to normalcy.

The Warring Factions feature does add a bit to the site's history, though. I would suggest talking to the faction you join about what is going on, as not even I know everything happening in Star Wars RP.net.

Zykhan

Eternal Darkness
Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but the rank request thread's first post has some of the ranks mission and the factions section has some repeats, also I think there might be a repeat in the general titles also. Just a heads up! :)

Tefrida said:
With that said, I'm definitely not singing for you.
Can we get Adam to come back for the sole purpose of singing?

His voice cracks me up.

Anyhow-

ARH'VE GOT NEE COMPLANETS FER TIS MUNTH LIEK

thx josh for doing my questionable demands

luv u bb

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The new ship guide is the bane of my creativity's existence. x.x Completely irrelevant.

I don't have any complaints, per'se more of a request or a notice.
I'm not trying to sound rude; I posted something on the night of the 15th I believe and it is now... roughly 7 days later. I went through virtually the whole editing gambit already and fixed/added just about everything requested (I even double checked to make sure I got everything). I get it's the holiday season and all, and believe me -- I expect everyone to enjoy themselves and that things would be going slower in terms of the Factory. But it was kind of a time-sensitive neccessity and if I wait too long, It'll kinda dislodge my plotted part in several threads both here and to come. If I wait too long, I'll either fall behind or just have to come up with fillers. (Eww. Filler stuffs. XD) So I ask humbly, please, could someone get to looking into this matter before X-mas? I reckon it's already done, just needs to be reviewed another time and pushed forward. Thanks forr your consideration. :)

In the mean time I am unfortunately facing two options; fill in with some other canon craft and a reasonable excuse why I'd have IT instead // exhibit and move the fighter without a reactor, as a car without an engine is legally a car accessory.
Or.
Simply don't post in the RP stuffs until it is finally approved.
Either choice isn't really proactive and thus it will, over time, have a greater impact on continuity.

(edit: I'm gonna be hated for this post... I just know it.... ;o.o)

OH. I LIED. I DO HAVE SOMETHING. Actually, it's not really a staff complaint but... dunno, I'll just post it here. You know that little black box you get on the top of your screen when you send a message, edit a post, update a status, et-c? It's annoying! Heh, isn't so little when you're not on a gargantuan screen, oh say, 1024 or less, is it? It blocks half the screen and stays for a few seconds when it should probably disappear after like one. It blocks the site's navbar and all the forum buttons! Any way you guys could fix the timer on that, or do you get your coding third-party?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom