Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spy Party - TGE Dominion of Schesa

Masaru Mori

Entirely Legitimate Businessman
The more time Masaru Mori spent around the Governor of Schesa, the harder it became to resist the urge to grab the knife off of the dinner table and lodge it in the chiss's eye.

His name was Foduro, though he insisted on always going by his title. The governor was a portly man, as well as loud, brash and, in prolonged contact, somewhat obnoxious. It was astounding that he'd ever risen to any position of power in Chiss society, but for all his personal faults he'd maintained his world well in the last decade. He supposed that was what mattered in the end. And, truthfully, the fact the man had a spice habit had just made the annexation negotiations go smoother, as Mori had been able to redirect his focus and attention whenever something in the treaty rankled the man. From what he'd heard over the holonet, the other diplomats meeting the governors along the Path of the Houses were mostly successful as well, though curiously enough the world of Sharb had canceled their meeting. That was something to worry about later, however.

There was a more pressing concern on Schesa.

Someone had attempted to shoot the Governor in his own home three days ago. The would be assassin had killed several of the house guard before escaping out a fourth floor window. No body was discovered, and it was only assumed the man had some way to survive such a drop. Mori could not be certain what motives existed, though he had theories, but losing a leader so sympathetic to their cause before the ink on the treaty dried was thoroughly unacceptable. In a week, it wouldn't matter if the man lived or died, but tonight... Tonight the Governor of Schesa had to live.

Which made it all the more frustrating that he'd insisted on throwing a grand ball to celebrate the impending merger, rather than keeping safe under guard. The main hall of the Governor's palace was filled with dignitaries from the Empire, the surrounding worlds of the Ascendency and Schesa itself. A band played music in the corner, servers and droids whisked their way through the crowds with food and beverage, and every bit of opulence the Governor could manage was on display.

Masaru sat at the head table on the Governor's left, dressed in a pressed uniform of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps, though rather than a military rank he wore the symbol of the Yovshin clan Mori on his chest. He took up his knife and cut deeply into the steak on his plate, relieving some of his frustrations on his meal as he hoped against all odds that the agents the IIB and ISB had provided his delegation would be enough to keep this fool alive for just one more day.

The Elder Togashi found himself at a grand ball. The drinks were for free. Up at the bar he found himself slightly cranky. Tonight he could not drink as much as he would like. The possibility of the unknown assassin could show up. Because of the strange circumstances the Inquisition believed the assassin to be a Force user…or the possibility.

The Elder Yovshin scanned the crowed. There was nothing yet that alerted him or drew his attention. Maybe, there was that possibility this would just turn out the run of the mill ball. Yokuni was hoping so. Sipping whisky suck!

Rexus Drath

Gunnery Sergeant Drath was who the inquisitor was tonight, and he was providing security for the event, it was honestly extremely boring standing at parade rest in full emperor's own legion armor. But apparently this guy was a big deal on this planet and he needed to be kept alive at least for the night. Looking over to his squad of twelve men Rex would usually be kicking it with the platoon lieutenant but he was too busy flirting with the blue chicks of this planet in his nice pressed little officer uniform. Not that he shouldnt procreate or anything but Rexus would love to kick his appendages into his body for being stuck on this lame assignment.

"This music sucks." he said as he stood outside of the party's building at the front gate, hopefully something would go down and he could beat someone into a pulp. Honestly he should of put in for first sergeant to make this whole night not a complete waste of his time.

Lt. Rodrigo Satoshi's assignment, in this particular role of being a fleet officer, was to be Grand Admiral Tregessar's shadow. Accompany him, defer to him and generally add to his importance and prestige. He was wearing his grey dress uniform, rank insignia prominent and he stood in a poised, military manner. When engaged in conversation, Satoshi was to maintain a veneer of intelligent, professional charm and candour. He was also to observe the various guests of the party, sort the wheat from the chaff in terms of importance, and make sure that the Admiral was only engaged with people who mattered. As for the others, he would provide a distraction so as to not waste his superior officer's time. This was a boring task. Satoshi found the company of other people a shallow and dull affair, especially at parties like this. Rarely did he feel more superior than he felt at a "high-society" party. There were many minds here that only touched the surface of understanding and consciousness. Few perceived and understood the fullest sense of its meaning. The young Lieutenant briefly considered ducking out for a smoke and perhaps a taste of covert violence, but he resisted the urge for now.

If this treaty was signed, the Chiss worlds would be assimilated well and truly into the Galactic Empire. Grand Admiral Tregessar's presence was necessary to facilitate the assimilation, and so Satoshi would make sure he was able to act in that role. Speak when spoken to, and all that jazz.

Somarae idly sipped at a half-empty glass of wine. Officially she was here as an officer of the Imperial Navy, and was dressed in the slate gray uniform of her position. Unofficially, she'd been one of the Inquisitors assigned to the delegation after the assassination attempt. She'd been working on the drink for the last half hour, keeping her mind and senses clear for any possible threats at her end of the festivities rather than actually relaxing and enjoying the party.

She was interrupted from her observations by a sudden string of words in cheuhn, a blue skinned man in local finery walking up to her with two drinks in hand, all smiles.

Somarae blinked. ... well, I understood 'hello.'

"Ah... I'm sorry, basic please?" she offered an apologetic bow of her head, "I am afraid I'm not from the Ascendency..."

The man blinked, a flash of surprise across his features. Before he chuckled, "Well, I speak some basic, yes, but I don't believe myself in associating myself with a woman so vulgar she cannot even speak her people's tongue."

Somarae stiffened, her empty hand curling into a fist and her teeth clenching. The man and his companions chuckled, and Somarae felt her cheeks beginning to flush with embarrassment. Her eyes narrowed, her voice low, "Then by all means, sir, do not allow me to trouble you any further."

The men laughed, conversing rapidly with themselves in their own tongue, still laughing as they went. Somarae's jaw and spine refused to relax, the heat in her face creeping up to her ears. She could still feel the eyes on her in the crowd.

... I need air. Just for a moment. Let them all drink and forget any of that happened.

Movements stiff, but quick, she made her way through the crowd and guards and stepped outside.

@[member="Rexus Drath"]

Masaru Mori

"And that is why we do this! We have to show the sons of hutts that we hold no fear of them. None whatsoever," the governor was quite insistent, lifting his fourth glass of wine as he made the boast once again to his assembled advisors. Mori was fairly convinced he was saying it for himself, given how his hands wavered slightly. Or perhaps he still hadn't come down from the glitterstim he'd helped himself to before the ball. Maybe even both.

"Regardless, governor... for your own protection I recommend you retire early tonight. One never knows when your enemies might be brazen enough to try something like that again."

"Bah, as if they would in the face of so much might of your Empire, Masaru!" Masaru's eye twitched slightly, but the chiss failed to notice the man's irritation at the familiarity, "Just watch, I'd like to see them try!"

I'm starting to think I would as well.

---
@[member="Togashi Yokuni"]

There was nothing unexpected within the crowd itself, but curiously enough one of the serving droids looked somewhat... out of place, compared to the others. For one, it was a protocol model, when most of the drink carrying droids were more typical astromech models. It also seemed to have an extra bottle on its platter compared to the other droids leaving the bar.

---
@[member="Rexus Drath"]

A few moments after the Chiss stepped outside, there was a muffled sound from around the corner of the building. Voices and movement. Curious, everyone was supposed to be inside by now...

---
@[member="Rodrigo Satoshi"]

As Lt. Satoshi scanned the crowd near his superior, he couldn't help but notice one man in particular fidgeting with something beneath his long sleeve as he waited for an opportunity to speak with the dignitaries at the head table. It almost appeared as if he were adjusting something.

Rexus Drath

"I hate my life." Rexus said to his men awaiting for the party just to be over, honestly standing there in full armor was not his ideal version of a good night. "Hey you." he pointed over to one of his men, and as they responded and walked over to him Rex spoke. "What's your name kid?" he asked his subordinate. "Lance Corporal Sheldon." he said back to Rex. "Perfect." Rexus pointed him over to where he was standing, he didn't have to give more than a commanding nod for him to know it was time to take post.

Then that's when he heard it, voices, definite movement around the corner of the perimeter. Looking to his team the gunnery sergeant sighed, he was the most qualified to take a look at what was going on. "Okay Sheldon, if I'm not back in five minutes. Call the emperor." he joked and started to walk around the corner, switching over to his more secure channel that didn't technically exist he spoke into his comm unit to raise some possible awareness to what was happening

"Team this is Inquisitor Drath, possible activity at the front gate moving to check it out over." better safe than sorry he thought, it was better than going alone and notifying any other inquisitor of the possible threat. "If this is just two teenagers making out I'm going to be really pissed." he said as he turned the corner to see..

Soma leaned back slightly against the outside wall, reaching up to rub her fingertips across her forehead. It was stupid. Not worth her time. She had a job to do. Even so, she hadn't felt so humiliated in a long time. She wasn't looking forward to stepping back inside in the slightest, but...

"Team this is Inquisitor Drath, possible activity at the front gate moving to check it out over."

Well... it certainly passes for an excuse.

She wasn't far from there at all, and lifted her head to observe an armored soldier suddenly moving away from the gate.

She stepped away from the wall, taking a quick glance around to make sure no one was nearby before speaking quietly into a hidden commlink, "Rexus, it's Soma. Think I can see you, moving to back you up."

@[member="Rexus Drath"]

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
There were few things Cyrus Tregessar hated more than civil events. Hours of long, pointless drivel and conversation that amounted to nothing but simply had to be done before any business could be discussed. Then when the greetings and bowing and ceremonies were over everyone talked in circles, as if afraid that cutting straight to the point would render them at some disadvantage in the negotiations. And oh, they had to be negotiations. Always a give and take, or some quid pro quo nonsense. Oh politics, they were a messy affair and someone had to deal with them, but that someone didn't have to be HIM. And yet here he was, representing the might of the Empire. The physical face of the force that would become the sword and shield of the Chiss, if they wanted it.

Well they damn well better, because this party had gone on long enough already.

Cyrus looked down at the figure in front of him. Some merchant prince or something, who had for the past twenty minutes or so been attempting to make himself appear as a person of some importance with regards to the military defense of the scattered chiss-controlled systems. So far all Cyrus had learned was that he was a useless incompetent who had purchased his commissions, and the more the increasingly pathetic man prattled on the more Cyrus wanted to redecorate the floor with his skull. He pictured the chiss' shocked face surrounded by bits of bone and grey matter, and with that comforting image in mind turned away without a word and made his way to the drinks. The social faux-pas was intentional, as every son and daughter of the Tregessar family was fully educated in the myriad rules and regulations that governed high society. Cyrus simply wanted to make a point, and he couldn't exactly hit the man.

And there was talk of making him a Moff. Hah.

Taking another drag of his cigarette, Taft continued to mutter insults and complaints regarding the people he was tasked to observe and protect, attempting to rein himself in from punching a hole into the bathroom wall out of sheer annoyance. He was sent to the ball on behalf of the Security Bureau, tasked with accompanying an old and pompous Chiss official and making sure no harm befalls the official for the duration of the evening. Yet, considering the direction their relationship was progressing, Taft would be the first to attempt to curl his fingers around the aliens neck.

"Bloody self-important prick. Where do they even find 'em." He muttered to himself, getting up on his feet and taking one last drag of his cigarette, before slightly twisting his upper body sideways and lifting the lid of the toilet he sat on, throwing the remainder of his smoke into the bowl and flushing the toilet. Approaching the sink, he turned on the faucet and washed his face, taking a minute to check his appearance in the mirror. He wore the white uniform of an official, his beard groomed and shaved, makeup applied to his face as well to hide any signs of stress or lack of sleep. On all accounts, he looked presentable, respectable even. "Just a couple more damn hours." He muttered to himself. "And then, I can ditch this damn hellhole and get a stiff drink."

Turning towards the door, he exited the bathroom and rejoined the festivities in the main hall of the palace, frantically looking around the area for the Chiss he was tasked to protect. He only left him for a mere few minutes, under the excuse of needing to use the restroom, he doubted the alien got himself in trouble with so many people around

Satoshi stood at Admiral Tregessar's shoulder, smiling almost sympathetically at the Chiss who was trying to pass himself off as a general while simultaneously thinking about drowning him in one of the various punch bowls that dotted the room. Imagine that, the idiot drowning in six inches of orange liquid and ice cubes. It would be a most disappointing way to meet your end ... Satoshi's smile widened out of reflex before he controlled himself. He briefly wondered if the Admiral was thinking something similar ... and his suspicion was confirmed when his superior turned away from the man, snubbing him entirely. The Lieutenant saved the situation somewhat as the Admiral walked towards the drinks, nodding to the man silently before following, like a lapdog following its master. Utterly demeaning, but if Satoshi was to be an admiral himself someday, he'd have to do what he had to. So he shadowed Tregessar to the drinks, thinking again of the drowning and the punchbowls. The bubbling of desperate breath amongst the pally juice and Bakuran vodka. Another grim smile creased his visage.

Scanning the crowd, Satoshi noticed a man fiddling with his sleeve. He was about five foot six, young, clean-shaven and obviously of noble lineage. His posture said enough about his personality, but there was an air of nervousness about him. Fidgeting ... Satoshi began to wonder if there was something up that sleeve. That would account for the fiddling and the nervousness. It all seemed too obvious, but then again, he had to do his job. And his job certainly did not allow him to ignore this. Suddenly, the Lieutenant felt the presence of the blaster on his hip all the more, and stiffened. He hoped that he wouldn't have a chance to use it. Blasters and dinner parties didn't really mix ... and besides, he was more interested in stabbing the man with whatever he had up his sleeve. Nodding to Tregessar, as if to say that he would be back in a moment (not that the Admiral really cared), Satoshi moved into a position where he could intercept the man quickly and easily. Just in case he was there to cause trouble.

Imperial Shipworks Conglomerate's CEO Senior Prefect Aditya Amadis graced the party with the presence of a prima ballerina with two left shoes. Although dressed to the nines, and wearing everything one would expect from the Atrisian's largest corporation's head, Aditya had been taken aback by one thing and one thing alone.

The governor was a moron. She knew the type, they paid great in tips, but if you didn't sing that song just for them, watch out! She treaded carefully, playing with the wedding ring perched on her finger and relaxed only when her bodyguards were nearby. Her assistant was also present, dressed in a smart grey dress uniform, all military. "Told you to wear something comfortable and smashing, chicka."

"This is all I require, Ma'am." And she clicked her heels. Aditya rolled her eyes, sipped champagne and walked up to @[member="Masaru Mori"] and the Governor. "Is that hubris or clever cognizance, Governor? My corporation stands to create quite the merger with Schesa, and your faith is . . . incredible." She smiled with the grin of an actress playing a role, coming to Masaru's side.

"Master Mori, it is delightful to see more of our business will survive the night, hmm?" She blinked and watched the rotund Governor's gaze traipse wherever it pleased. Aditya played with her ring.

Masaru Mori

"Indeed. I hope the evening finds you well, Prefect Amadis," he bowed his head politely, his voice dropping lower as Foduro's attention wandered yet again, "At least our business will be completed quickly. As accommodating as our host has been, I will be quite glad to return to work."

"Hmn? What was that, Masaru?" the heavyset chiss's attention snapped back towards the pair.

"My compliments to your kitchen staff, Governor. The steak is divine."

@[member="Aditya Amadis"]
---
@[member="Rexus Drath"]

As Rexus rounded the corner, he came across one of the service entrances. The door was open, just slightly. It was supposed to be locked.

---
@[member="Joseph Taft"]

Taft couldn't spot his assigned dignitary right away, but after a moment or two of looking he found him again across the room, right before the man made his way through a side door.

---
@[member="Rodrigo Satoshi"], @[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Whether he noticed the sudden attention or not, the chiss seemed to get even more nervous. He shifted his balance frequently, thumb rubbing against forefinger. A few more dignitaries moved past the head table, the noble got closer... and then he suddenly realized he was being followed, his head turning as he stared back at Rodrigo, "Ah... good evening. Can I assist you?"

"I know what you mean, eh?" Aditya hid a glance of disgust behind a cough and licked her lips. She stood stock-still when the Governor himself chimed up and put on a bright shining smile. "Deeelightful! Where did you find your kitchen staff? I might be willing to hire them for Imperial Shipworks functions."

Only if they invented this thing called salad. She looked at the Governor, really looked at his face and nose, and crept a bit closer to @[member="Masaru Mori"] "We're excited about the diplomatic extension of mutual interest, Governor. I for one am excited by your population's economic skills. How. . . how was your industry handling the influx of new technology?"

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
Look for anything out of the ordinary. A man hiding his face, someone with their hand in a concealed pocket on the inside of their jacket or robe. The Chiss agent glanced about the main hall quickly, a waiter who is sweating way too much, a delegate who is overly nervous, a man standing out of place. Yet nobody showed these signs or any signs of imminent attack or betrayal. Aiakos took a moment to look at each person in the room. From where he was standing, the agent could cover every vantage point a shooter could take at a distance at the governor. But the lingering threat that the enemy was a force had the the Imperial Agent worried. He had met Jedi and Dark Jedi before, but only on a few occasions and, and he had never faced one in combat. From the stories he heard, if they were true, force users could do everything from move entire ships around or kill a squad of men with just a single thought.

Nobodys blaster proof. He thought to himself, a line that one of his instructors used to say while at the academy. Patrolling the edge of the room he was dressed in a officers uniform, one that identified him as an Imperial Agent. Two blasters were holstered on each side of his belt, and a small hold out blaster was up his right sleeve. Aiakos hated this kind of work, he was meant for covert action and intelligence gathering. But he had agreed to the mission if it meant bringing more Chiss into the fold of the Empire. Reaching up to his ear, he activated the comm unit inside.

"Watcher this is Agent Aiakos, all clear so far on my end." He gave the room another scan, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Rexus Drath

"Inquisitor team I have an opened service door at the edge of the party, it's supposed to be locked and all guests are accounted for. Possible threat, updating situation to yellow, over." Rex spoke into his comm unit and walked up to the door, he wouldn't go in alone. That was just stupid, he would wait for his fellow Inquistor to catch up so they could sweep and clear the perimeter themselves. "@[member="Somarae"] this is Drath, waiting for you to catch up."

Waiting there Rex grabbed his rifle and shouldered it in case he needed to to snap up to the ready. He honestly didn't want to kill anyone today but if he had to Rexus would do it. "Oh hey Rex, let's go to the party it will be fun, everything is gonna be great. Get a few drinks get with a few blue chicks yeeeah fan fraking tastic." he said to himself frustrated over the whole situation

"Ah... good evening. Can I assist you?"

The Chiss' powers of perception were certainly a surprise, but then again, a heightened sense of nervousness would only make you more aware of your surroundings. Particularly when you had something to hide ... Lt. Satoshi's brilliant mind now worked in overdrive, searching for a solution to this problem. He had meant to ghost the man, like a shadow, and strike from outside of his realm of perception ... that is, if the noble was indeed up to something nefarious. This situation had just become much more direct. The noble had chosen to confront Satoshi directly, a brilliant move, as it allowed him to determine Satoshi's future actions while putting the Imperial Fleet officer on the back foot. Satoshi's riposte had to be fluent, and well, equally as brilliant. Thankfully, the young Half-Atrisian Wolf had an IQ in the fortunate 140's. Superior enough to lead, but not too superior to be followed. He had the mental faculties to perceive and analyze possible directions of action, but none of the high-functioning autism that was so prevalent with exceptional genius. A man with an IQ in the 180's would be dead in the water in a situation like this.

"Of course." Satoshi smiled disarmingly and approached the Chiss, taking the other man's hand in greeting. "My name is Lt. Satoshi, of the Imperial Fleet."

Satoshi's tactic changed, as he now became more direct to complement the approach of the fidgety Chiss noble. Either he would get his way by sheer force of personality, or he would force the Chiss to act erratically, possibly attempt to make a play or force a confrontation, thus demonstrating to the Governor his need of Imperial protection. Either way, he would occupy the man's time for now, not letting him make his excuses or leave, then maneuver him into a position where he could be dealt with decisively.

"It is a pleasure to meet you at last."

@[member="Masaru Mori"]

It was strange but could be explained. Still out was out of the ordinary of what was happening at the party. Yokuni would derelict in his duties if he did not take a closer look into the situation. There was a solid source of information standing on the other side of the bar. “Excuse me”, Yokuni waved for the man standing on the other side of the bar serving drinks. It was a little bit tricky trying to have slight eye contact with the bar keep and the droid but Yokuni managed to see the droid moving through the crowd. “Do you know why there is a protocol droids serving drinks when all the other droids…well they are serving droids?”

"I sincerely hope it wasn't that much of a wait," the chiss pilot's voice came from just a few meters behind Rexus rather than over the commlink. She moved up towards the door, standing on the opposite side of the frame from the other Inquisitor, "Doesn't look like a forced entry, but that certainly doesn't absolve anyone of anything..."

She frowned, her hand moving to rest on the grip of the blaster on her belt, "Afraid you're the one in armor. Take point and I'll watch your back."

@[member="Rexus Drath"]

Masaru Mori

"Oh I'm sure something is getting integrated into something. I don't fuss the details like that, that's what I have a cabinet for," he nodded seriously, before breaking into a large grin at the arrival of the next course. No one else at the table had even half finished their first, but the Governor quite eagerly began to dig in.

Masaru sighed as his plate was taken and replaced with something that he hoped was seafood and not a variety of large insect. What a waste.

"Have you been enjoying the party, Prefect Amadis? As you can no doubt ascertain, I've been having quite the intellectual evening with the Governor here."

"Yes! It's rare I meet a mind that can keep up with mine, but your Yovshin here is right on the ball!" Foduro managed between large, only just chewed, bites.

Masaru's lips twitched with the slightest hint of a restrained scowl.

@[member="Aditya Amadis"]

---
@[member="Aiakos"]

As he watches the room, Aiakos catches a glimpse of a few of the serving staff hanging around near the entrance to the kitchen. One of them fidgets, constantly sweeping the room with his own gaze. He catches Aiakos looking in their direction and immediately attempts to look busy after a few hushed words to his two companions to do the same. Two of them vanish back into the kitchen, while the jumpy one remains planted right by the door.

---
@[member="Rexus Drath"]

The door is slightly ajar, not enough to see inside. As the pair of Inquisitors enter, they can see the hallway is completely empty, but further down is another open door, swaying on its hinges. Someone was in a rush.

---
@[member="Rodrigo Satoshi"]

"Y-you know who I am?" he blinked. To say his palm was damp would be a disservice on par with saying a hutt preferred to make credits if he could. "Er, well, yes, of course you know who I am! Who doesn't! A-ahahaha..."

The chiss trailed off into nervous laughter. If his grip was anything to go by, Rodrigo could probably overpower him if it came to it. Now that he was closer, the Imperial officer could most distinctly see the outline of something sticking out against the other man's sleeve. What it was would be anyone's guess.

---
@[member="Togashi Yokuni"]

"Huh? Oh, the protocol droid isn't mine. I think it belongs to our good Governor's brother. He's at the head table over there," the bartender nodded towards the figure sitting a few seats down the table to the governor's right, politely avoiding the conversation between his brother and the Imperial officials, "Droid said its master had something special in mind for his brother's party and requested a bottle of Old Janx Spirit."

The droid was about halfway between the bar and its destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom