Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Special Project PK-1: "Mercy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChVAW7n.png

miniedm05_1.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Flying Fortress: "Mercy" is capable of weathering all but the mightiest of assaults. This is due to both it's extensive armor plating and shielding.
  • Superlaser: It's main focus is it's capability to destroy a planet through the sheer firepower it wields.
WEAKNESSES
  • Beast of Burden: Very slow, no maneuverability. Chances are you'll hit the planet killer.
  • Stick Out Like A Sore Thumb: Large profile, high visibility and an easy target for fleet engagements.
  • Weapon Charge: Extremely inefficient and slow methods of charging the weapon lead to lengthy wait times between shots that can lead to peril if left in a fleet engagement.
DESCRIPTION

Created in secret within the depths of the Unknown Regions using Croke technological secrets acquired from the brutal subjugation of the Croke Reach. Originally designed to mimic the raw firepower of the Death Star without access to the vast quantities of resources and kyber crystals at the disposal of the Galactic Empire. The brightest engineers of the Epoch Enginnering Corporation were spirited away by the elusive Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis along with dozens of Sith sympathizers under the mysterious Operation: FINAL DAWN to the Dread Forge over Osseriton.

Using the Worldcraft Holy City of Gehinnom as a template for reference with a mixture of modern methods and ancient Imperial design, "Mercy" was born. The name a cruel joke, born from the contempt of the Dark Voice over the galaxy at large. The military station sports a dish superlaser in reminiscence of the Death Star, utilizing Dark Matter Quintessence in lue of traditional kyberite. While a far cry from the technological terror of the Death Star or Star Killer Base with it's Phantom Energy Weapon, the PK-1 "Mercy" is a weapon of terror for the ages. It is the opening salvo to the Age of Annihilation.

Last edited:
I will be conducting the initial review on this submission before handing it over to the Factory Admin for secondary. Please stand by while I give it a very thorough initial reading, after which I will tag you with any suggested and/or required changes.

As an initial note, SSD meterage without the required Dominions will be accepted in this case, given the special nature of Superweapons and the highly restrictive manner in which they can be used in roleplay.

I look forward to seeing whether you have the chance to "fire when ready".

Under Review.

Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis

Conceptually solid and informative without transitioning into the tedious; I could approve it as is without it being unbalanced, but there are some formalities to look at first. Keep in mind that not all of the above are required changes, as specified by the use of "should" or "may".
  • You should correct the Brotherhood of the Maw link under "Manufacturer" and "Affiliations" to the post-Update link, as this one is broken.
  • You may want to link the Croke, and (if possible/applicable) the so-called Dread Forge. The Croke due to their rarity, and the Dread Forge due to my failure to find it on Wookiepedia. If it is a Chaos submission you should link it, if it is merely vaguely defined fluff (an unsubbed shipyard of some sort, perhaps?) no link is required. There is the Dread Forge in SWTOR's Dread Fortress, but that does not fit contextually.
  • Turbolasers being placed under "Defences" is quite unconventional, but I see the logic in this case. I'm inclined to allow it.
As an aside, only the Dreadnought/SSD Template lacks the "Market Status" field. Given the nature of this submission and the strict rules that govern the ownership and the destruction of a Superweapon I am inclined to agree with your decision to follow it in this case.​

Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis | AMCO AMCO

This looks good so far, the only thing I notice is that you have the following put into the defences field when they are offensive weapons:
These are offensive, not defensive weapons and so should be moved into the armament category.

This means that your "Flying Fortress" strength is, while still technically correct, might need adjusting accordingly.

If you can take care of that, then you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom