Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Speak of the Devil | GA Dominion of Devaron

Galactic Alliance Rapporteur

Devaron
The Colonies Region

LlDDs0A.png

With the Core worlds now united under one banner, the Galactic Alliance turns its attention to potential member states throughout the Colonies region. The Corporate Authorities of Denon have long held sway over Devaron, but thanks to the insurgent campaign of the underground movement known as Darkwire, the weakened CAD finds its attention drawn toward its capital of Denon. Sensing an opportunity, the Chancellor invites the world to join the Galactic Alliance to secure a brighter future.

But Devaron, much like its inhabitants, will not be easily tamed. The jungle world has a long and proud history, one exemplified by values that do not neatly align with those of the Alliance. In order to bring the planet into the fold, the Alliance will need to face its inner demons.

Objective I: A PAC with the Devil
devaron1.png

The polls are about to close on the eve of the special by-election to select who will represent Devaron in the Federal Assembly, and the race is too close to call. The prospect of a new Senatorial colleague - and the potential to sway their vote - sees representatives of the five Senate parties plus the independents dispatched to the capital of Montellian Serat to campaign on behalf of their preferred candidate.

Attend a fundraising event, appear on the local holonet channel, hold a rally, besmirch your opponents, shake hands and kiss babies, hire a Darkwire slicer - do whatever it takes to get the Senator from your party across the line!

Objective II: Dead Wood
devaron2.png

The Galactic Alliance Defense Force and the Strategic Intelligence Agency are relied upon to bring the fight to the enemy throughout every corner of the galaxy. While the recent Stygian Campaign focused on the desolate Sith world, High Command knows all too well that they must be prepared to operate effectively in any theatre of war. The dense jungles of Devaron provide an ideal training location for a group of soldiers, starfighter pilots, intelligence operatives and naval officers to practice their navigation and survival skills. Just stay clear of the local wildlife.

Together with your GADF and SIA colleagues, make your way from the dropzone deep within the jungle back to the exfiltration point in one piece.

Objective III: Devil’s Advocate
devaron3.png

The Devaronian adherence to a strict policy of capital punishment has long stood as a barrier to its membership within the Alliance. Others see this as an opportunity. One enterprising member of the Corporate Authorities of Denon has struck a deal with a local magistrate, offering hardened criminals on death row an alternative to execution - fight in the brutal gladiatorial arenas.

The New Jedi Order has been dispatched to Devaron to finish this macabre spectacle. Link up with the vigilante group Darkwire to bring an end to the cruel practice.

BYOO
devaron4.png

Devaron is a jungle planet located on the busy Corellian Trade Spine and known for its strict capital punishment and a matriarchal government.

What’s the worst that could happen?

devaron1.png

OBJECTIVE: I - A PAC with the Devil
TAG: Alliance Senators & Darkwire

wsL0bBY.png

“…and I’ll add that rumours of Ritt hunting humans for sport are egregious and apocryphal. Good day.”

Aerarii Tithe terminated the call and cast his comlink across the room. He shook his head in disbelief for a moment before grabbing his glass of aged Corellian brandy from the nearby table and headed back out into the main room of the hotel suite which served the as Corporatist Party’s base of operations for the Devaron election.

The suite was a hive of activity as party officials, elected Senators and political operatives bought all their skills, favours and credits to bear on the local electoral system. Tithe himself had paid good money to have the gruesome tales of the Corporatist Party’s candidate - Ritt Murotnas - buried and forgotten. Evidently, the press had found a witness who had escaped the exacting search conducted by the Corporatists when the rumours had first surfaced. Not that Tithe could refer to them as rumours - it was an undeniable fact that Ritt liked to hunt humans for fun - but why should that stop him from being elected the planet's representative to the Federal Assembly?

“I’m, ah, loath to ask,” he said to the Corporatist member studying the polling data. “But how are we looking?” With only a few hours left before polls closed, the story couldn’t have broken at a more inopportune time. It would take a miracle to quell the rumours and get Ritt elected. But stranger things had happened - the everyday rabble was not always known to vote as one would expect.

Ah yes, the virtues of democracy.

Last edited:

Vreemde Morteisen

V
0v7RlQs.png

Morteisen, Vreemde
CEO of Macharian Industries Corporation | Senator of Brentaal
Equipment:
Attire | DC-17 | Holo-Projector | Com-link | Datapad | Personal shield generator

Objective: III. Devil's Advocate
Tag(s): open

2xxMwEF.png

The senator of Brentaal had received the intelligence reports of the gladiatorial pits and it was intriguing. He was not a fan of blood-sports, not at all, but he was an opposer to waste and he knew what would happen here. Morteisen had dispatched several of his subordinates to the lesser arenas to bring exactly the same message and to prevent the Jedi and associates to bring the criminals in any prison.

Despite him knowing that he was entering a place full of skilled and deadly warriors, criminals and their masters, Vreemde only chose one bodyguard to come with him, there were more security units he could call upon, especially once the desired goal was achieved, but he felt absolutely safe with the Rim-Guard paladin at his side. The tall golden figure with the large carbine would provide enough intimidation.

Vreemde Morteisen entered the large arena area, leaving the shuttle which brought him as he proceeded towards the security guards of the fighting pit. He did not seem to be a threat, but his two meter, gold armoured companion was and the guards stopped him. Though before they could speak, he already had his holo-device drawn and presented the accusations and order to clear this place by the New Jedi.

"I am Senator of the Galactic Alliance and here to make sure that we find a peaceful solution. You can either bring me to your employer or my friend here and soon, the Jedi will take care of the situation.

You should think rather quick, my solution expires as soon as the New Jedi Order arrives."

devaron1.png

PAC with the Devil
FUNDRAISER
OPEN TO INTERACTION
wsL0bBY.png

The towers over Montellian Serat flew by as the speeder passed. They were much different than that of Galactic City's, stone in place of steel. Street lights flashed over Anna's face, reflecting off her satin dress. Though she looked at the streets of Devaron, her mind was far away, on Jakku. She had come to miss the backwater planet more than she expected whilst on the campaign trail. She longed for her station once more, but duty called. The speeder began to slow as crowds came into view.

"Do you think any of those criminal types the rumors talk about will be here?" Myra asked, leaning in from the seat next to Anna to get a better view of their destination.

"Criminality is subjective," Anna stated dismissively. "And I'm hesitant to believe anything from the mouths of megacorporations."

"Do you think the reports untrue, then?"

"I think truth is subjective, as well. Such a thing rides on who comes out on top of this race- this fundraiser is key."

With the statement, the door to the cruiser opened. Annasari slid out gracefully. The rust-colored gown fell around her ankles. She offered a nod to the driver, before making her way down the row. Lights flashed as holo-reporters captured her image. The questions were relentless, but she simply made her way to the door of the building. A guard opened it for her, revealing a grand ballroom inside. The rich chatted with the rich, making deals. The woman continued, disappearing in the thick crowd.

Vel'alari

V
devaron1.png

Objective: A PAC with a Devil
Vel'alari quietly relaxed upon a barstool at the bar, taking in the atmosphere of festivities in the main room of the hotel suite. She'd opted to dress appropriately for the party, wearing an exotic white dress instead of her usual imperialistic panopoly. She did enjoy the chance to, as she put it, "be girly" for a change.

Her recent intervention to assist the Galactic Alliance Defence Force fleet at Byss had curried her much favour with the senate. She needed any favour or support she could get, being one of the very few Imperial Party senators. She noticed Vice Chancellor Tithe at the corner of her eye, quickly finishing her glass of wine before arising from her seat to approach.

"Vice Chancellor! It's good to finally meet you in person.", she said with a warm smile upon those blue lips of hers. "I trust all is well? You look a little hot and bothered. That mess with Ritt, I'm guessing.", she inquired. She was, after all, a very well informed woman. "I was hoping you might have a few moments spare to chat? I wanted to discuss a few crucial matters with you...."

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

Last edited by a moderator:
devaron3.png

OBJECTIVE III: DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
The Hunt for the Red Marauder

Actors: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Bernard, Khan Horne [Muun NPC]

A low rumbling announced the door's opening. The two massive blocks of black stone moved seamlessly over the ebon floor. Red light flashed through the split, flooding and illuminating the foyer as the opening widened.

Bernard held up his sleeve to shield his eyes from the sudden light. Whoever had designed it made sure it worked across all spectra, making it doubly bright for the Arkanian.

"Let's go," he said, taking the first step into the office.

The space was large and rectangular. Black tiles formed a cross on the floor while the four quadrants they didn't cover held black liquid that sat almost perfectly still. Red light flooded the room, projected from hanging crystalline structures that resembled long, thin spikes. The walls were jet-black, sleek, and reflected Bernard and Aaran as they walked towards the solid-rock desk tucked away into an alcove on the other side of the floor. Each of their footsteps created a small ripple in the waters on either side. The embers of a cigarra lit up in the shadowed out space and a plume of smoke emerged, catching red light in its complex shape.

"You're missing quite the sight," Bernard whispered.

They'd reached reached the centre of the room when a low, almost mechanically rumbling voice came from behind the massive red desk. It belonged to the Muun, Khan Horne, who, according to the Marshal's files, was responsible for a warrior who'd recently been flagged by the Investigative Operations Division's committee on Force Matters as a practitioner of the Dark Side.

"That's quite far enough, Jedi," the accent was distinctly Corellian. "My associates tell me you've come for my champion? Don't you have a war to fight somewhere instead of coming to my arena, wasting my precious time and accusing both my business and my champion of ridiculous crimes?"

Last edited:

BURNING LIGHT
devaron3.png

OBJECTIVE III
Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll | OPEN

YES ITS POLITICAL

"Master Tafo should keep the uppers distracted enough." Ishida mused, tilting her head to look up where the supposed main offices are.

"You're going to disable the security systems long enough for us to indefinitely put this all on hold." Her hands, her left quivering slightly, fell to the two hilts positioned at her hips.

"And see to it nobody gets in your way."

With the slicer disabling the security systems, they'd have more leverage over the whole infrastructure of the draconian installation. Her face hardened, thinking through some of the implications. There would be darksiders in there, cruel people who had defied the law. They deserved to die...but this practice only prolonged the inevitable.

That was the cruel part.

Last edited:
SetoHeader13.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective I:
A PAC with the Devil
Action: Gather Support
Interaction: Open
Attire

Br8YpBr.png
Seto quickly walked around a growing crowd moving with a fluid motion as his eyes ever shifted across his destination and the data-slate held by his left hand. The election races were rather neck and neck, and the backing of Seto’s own party had to contend with the Federalist and Populist. Credit to credit I doubt they can match on their own, but together it’s a close thing. Seto knew that credit spent per vote had a depreciation value after a certain threshold, so this was where popularity and good press came to play to tidy up more points in the polls.
The room had filled with further people of influence, and Seto eyed a certain couple not far from his own position. There hadn’t been any Jedi from the Order in the hotel and that had allowed Seto a chance to enhance his charming personality and convince several Corporate talking heads to express their support to Ritt in a much more vocal way. Seto loathed using his abilities in such a way that didn’t directly better Empress Teta but he had to show results to his party. His staunch support of the Unions of Empress Teta had casted some doubt on the young Du Couteau’s commitment to Corporatist Ideals. What needs to be done.
With a sigh, Seto moved across the room to reach the couple, the pair were heads of an education district. they held a bit of a sway with the local population of an area that could give Ritt some breathing room if it swung in the Corporatist’s direction. Seto cleared his throat, his smile grew and his eyes glimmered as he approached the two Devaronian. His voice dripped with charm and honey to sweeten and lighten the atmosphere around them, Seto stretched out his Force sense to better navigate the emotions of the two.
“Hello there, allow me to introduce myself, I am Senator Du Couteau of Empress Teta. . . perhaps you wouldn’t mind exchanging a few words with me for just a few moments. . .”

if they're watching anyways

"We've got two minutes, I so have a bit more time to talk," she said into the comm. "Anyways, Devaronian society is more matriarchically inclined than most. The men were often overtaken by wanderlust, especially because of the vast distances they'd travel on hunting trips into the Devaronian jungles. On that note -- Viers, Hel, you two keep an eye on Dagon, make sure he doesn't get lost."

She grinned at her own joke. Of course, she wasn't sure how much the other two were listening to her talk about Devaronians and their culture, but at the very least they might appreciate a bit of fun-poking at Dagon. Nonetheless, they were almost to where they needed to be, so Auteme focused up. Despite her place at the Coruscant Temple, helping coordinate the groups on Devaron was still something she needed to be ready for.

"I'll try to, ah, keep you in the loop with Aaran and Bernard if they need help. Ishida- ah, I think she's almost got things ready with the slicer. Good luck." She got off the comm for a moment.

No matter how focused she was, she'd started to feel the pressure -- there were so many moving pieces when it came to these sorts of operations. Not as complex as Devaronian biology, certainly, but complex nonetheless. It didn't help that she had a bit less knowledge about all the technology contained in her makeshift control room.

Pings from within the arena came in; the three padawans had arrived at their destination, Aaran and Bernard were in the Muun's office, and some progress had been made with getting into the arena's security.

It was terrifying to feel so cool and so inept at the same time.

On her spinny-wheely-chair she pushed herself off, over to the door where she hit the release and poked her head out. "HEY! Could anyone give me a hand?"

Everyone in the Temple was thoroughly trustworthy, of course.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

tumblr_p9bjjhFJ651wk0giso1_500.gifv

TAG: Alliance Senators & Darkwire & Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

kwzlsmL.png

The fight for an electoral seat on Devaron had unexpectedly drawn the eyes of nearly every other system in the sphere of Alliance influence. What had once been a surefire addition to Adhira's comfortable lead in the faction-wide Senatorial polls had suddenly - and rather unexpectedly - become one of the quickest challenges to the Chancellor's grip on power. It had worried her administration so much that her entire schedule changed to include a special stop to boost the chances of the Federalist Bloc's favorite. Adhira had been a darling of the CAD worlds since her close call on Denon, so it came as a shock to the system when she learned the polling had the Corporatist candidate within spitting distance of a seat in the Senate.

Even given the relatively short notice of her arrival, a small gathering of Devaron citizens had gathered on the landing bay to greet her. In brilliant blue and gold silks, she disembarked to polite applause among a cadre of cerulean-clad Senate guard, offering a wave to the nearby reporters. What struck Adhira as odd as she reached the ground level was that very nearby to her personal barge was that of her faithful deputy Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe . Lovingly dubbed Alliance Two, she would have recognized the glittering luxury yacht anywhere. "My Lady, the Vice Chancellor has already arrived," one of her aides offered as she chewed the inside of her cheek.

"Yes... I'd noticed," she replied.

"And in a rare display of the power and influence that has come with her office, we see now the Chancellor herself has stepped foot on Devaron to make sure there is no doubt who she favors for this local election..." Adhira could only just hear the commentary off to the side as she walked confidently in the direction of the Federalist candidate who was so graciously waiting to greet her. She had no doubt that word would soon reach Tithe that she had made the unannounced trip. What remained was to see how he took the sudden news.

"Inform Aerarii of my arrival, I'd like a quick chat," she remarked before embracing the Federalist delegate and pausing for a wave to the cameras.

1lq6Tut.png

6qwMJoY.png

Objective 3​

Kirie’s footsteps echoed down the hallway. She was alone in one of the back passages of the temple, essentially just wandering around. She’d been content to mostly just sit in her visitors quarters with the plan of going out and making some connections in the last few days of her stay, but Kirie was scheduled to fly out the day after tomorrow, so if she was to achieve what she actually came here for she’d have to get out and do it.

The hallway was light and airy, and it carried with it the air of quiet concentration that propagated across most of the Jedi Temple of Coruscant, the peaceful-but-busy feeling of people working and concentrating. It made Kirie feel out of place and self-conscious, like someone who’d wandered in somewhere they weren’t supposed to. She half-expected someone to come and scold her.

Most of her planning to come to the Jedi temple had centred on actually bringing herself to travel back to the Core, to cancel her upcoming contracts and to leave the solitude and wonder of the Unknown Regions. When she came back, she figured she would find answers waiting for her. The hanging threads she had abandoned years ago would simply come back together and she would understand the Force, the Galaxy and her place in it.

That wasn’t the case. She didn’t even know where to start.

Slowing her aimless wander to a halt, Kirie sighed and leaned against one of the walls.

What was it she even wanted? Training, she supposed, and guidance in the Force. But what did that entail, where did she start? She wasn’t a Jedi by any stretch of the imagination, so was she even welcome here?

Maybe it would be smarter just to leave.

Kirie turned to walk back up the hall, suddenly dejected and feeling more lost than ever. Almost as soon as she started walking, however, a head poked out of one of the side doors and yelled something at her. She opened her mouth to reply, but the person had already disappeared. Tentatively, she opened the door and stepped into the room beyond. It was dark and lit with screens.

“Hello? Did you say you needed- Woah.” Each of the screens displayed various maps and diagnostics. It looked like the kind of thing she wasn’t supposed to see.

She looked down at the person, an auburn-haired woman who looked somehow familiar, blinking a few times.

“I-Uh” She signed a quick hello on instinct as she spoke. “Hi, I’m not sure if I’m in the right place. Did you say you needed help with something?”

devaron1.png

TAG: Annasari Annasari | Grand Moff Vel'alari | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Senators | Darkwire

wsL0bBY.png

A groan filled the Corporatist Party hotel suite as one of the larger mining towns was called in favour of the Concord Party candidate. The demographics of the area and the pre-polling data pointed toward a Corporatist landslide, but that was before the stories of Ritt Murotnas’ extra-curricular activities - which just so happened to be reports that he hunted humans for sport - had gotten out. The Corporatist operatives hadn’t accounted for the sway that the human foreman in the mines would have in swinging local opinion.

Thankfully, the race was far from over.

The Honourable Member for Bilbringi, despite being a member of the opposing Imperial Party, had gotten herself admitted to the Corporatist hotel suite. Tithe approach the Chiss and positioned himself to draw her attention away from the strategy documents his Corporatist colleagues were pouring over.

“Media slander,” Tithe replied to the question about his candidate. “A right ol’ beat up, with not a, ah, word of truth to it.” The Aargauun continued to curse himself for not burying the story beyond the reach of the local journalists. “A crucial matter you say? Well, I do hope you’re here to concede defeat on behalf of your candidate?” His polling data showed that were the Imperial Party candidate to drop out, the majority of the vote would flow to the Corporatist column.

Tithe’s senior chief of staff approached and advised him that the Chancellor has called.

Every time Tithe returned to his office, he asked his executive assistant the same question - ’Did the Chancellor call?’ The response was always a resounding ’No’. For Adhira to be asking for him now was an unexpected turn of event. “I serve at her pleasure,” he replied. “Set up a secure hololink.” While his senior chief of staff hurried off to make that happen Tithe turned his attention back to Vel'alari.

devaron3.png

NEW JEDI ORDER | GALACTIC ALLIANCE | OBJ III: STOP THE TRAIN OF PRISONERS
IN IMMEDIATE AREA: Viers Connory Viers Connory | Mrurh'en'lase | Hel Mrurh'en'lase | Hel | Kira Nym Kira Nym
INDIRECT TAGS: Auteme Auteme | Kirie Kirie | Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll | Vreemde Morteisen

kwzlsmL.png
While the rest of the New Jedi dealt with the gladiator arena directly, they were tasked with disrupting the supply lines. Cut the trains responsible for feeding the arena with inmates from the prisons across Devaron. The stealth vessel they had been generously provided with pierced the air above the hovertrain following its route. The mission was simple - infiltrate the train and stop it in its tracks.

Without having a fugitive crisis. That was paramount. And highlighted to Dagon specifically, given some of his previous, uh, hiccups. The raven-haired Jedi was methodical, excelling in plans and preparations, but for some reason - perhaps lacking the experience of his master Asmundr - his operations occasionally, while mostly successful, always had an unpredictable variable spring up and turn the approach upside down.

"Ha-ha. Did you start taking lessons on dry humor from Aeris?" Dag muttered through the comms as he observed the train below from the open hatch. He glanced back to the other Jedi beside him, "Let's recap again - Viers and I will form Team A, we'll get into the cockpit and stop the train from there, Hel, Kira - you guys are Team B - you'll try shutting the engines manually. Two-pronged attack with the same goal, if one team fails, then the other is bound to succeed. If we both fail, plan C - find a way to shut the anti-ionization field and Bird here-" the stealth gunship, "-will shut the train down using its ion canons."

"Any questions?"

Last edited:

Vel'alari

V
devaron1.png

Objective: A PAC with a Devil
Vel'alari nodded. "The imperial candidate has recently suffered illness, and as such has had to drop out of the election to focus on his own health. As such, he requested I come in his stead to announce his withdrawl. Though, that wasn't the only matter I wished to discuss with you. I've had a mass influx of Chiss refugees fleeing to Bilbringi in the wake of the devastation of my homeworld, Csilla. I was hoping to gain the support of the Alliance so I can rehouse them on my world and give them proper Alliance citizenship. My people have suffered greatly because of those Maw scum.", she said with a sad sigh.

"I also wished to discuss potential retaliatory strike action against the Brotherhood. They are a clear and present danger to Alliance security, and the safety of the galaxy as a whole. If they are willing to decimate entire worlds like they did with Csilla, we cannot wait and we cannot hesitate. They must be eradicated as a threat utterly. I and my fleet are more than willing to spearhead such an assault, if authorized."

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra

devaron3.png

Objective: Infiltrate the main offices and take over the security systems
Tags: Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina / Open
0elKl2q.png
"Well, I suppose a person with the title "master" should be capable of that on his own" Cartri groaned, adjusting his heavy backpack that was slung over his shoulders.

Working with people other than Darkwire was somewhat of a rarity, not from the lack of opportunities, but the absence of interest. They never shared the same goals or values as he did, yet now and then missions like this caught his attention. Bringing down inhumane organizations was something he took great pleasure in, especially if it was close to home. Now, with the skills he had been taught by his late mentor, he could do just that.

"Understood" replied the boy in a serious tone, a change to his customary humorous behavior.

For once, he had actually come prepared with a blaster just in case things got out of hand. Although, that was only to be used as a last resort. Whoever got in his way would be dealt with appropriately, one that took them out of the equation for a very long time. Yet, he was sure his temporary partner was going to make that permanent.

"Please lead the way, I'm confident you know this place better than I do" nodded Cartri in the direction of their destination, his hand making sure the blaster was tucked away securely in his pocket "And I swear on Denon's tyranny if you suggest a plan to do with vents I'll stun you where you stand" cautioned the shadow runner suddenly, an irritated look spread across his face as he waited for her to set off.

Last edited:
Devaron - Local Time
Location - Unknown, Montellian Serat
Objective I - Sway the results

Quantum Encryption engaged, communication line open...

Polls are closing, candidates will be giving their speeches shortly.
In position, payment?
Sent... in full. Evidence is in place to be found once it's finished.
One hour.

Communication ended...

A blink, and the HUD wiped the messages away and changed to the integrated sights of the rifle she had propped on her chosen spot. Generally, she hated using such a weapon, she much preferred her blades and powers, but the client wanted the point made. It needed to look like a rival party took out the candidate and hired the assassin, and most run of the mill assassins didn't kill in the way she did.

Devaron represented much to the Alliance, and to their direction in the future, and it all depended on what candidate became their new Senator. The Federalists saw an opportunity to shore up a majority, the Corporatists had easier access to the valuable mines and resources of the world and one less voice calling for regulation, the Imperialists and Populists needed as many allies as they could possibly get. The Concord Party and their motives were a little more nuanced.

None of that mattered to her. All that mattered was she had been hired for a job and she would see it through.

BURNING LIGHT
devaron3.png

OBJECTIVE III
Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll | OPEN

YES ITS POLITICAL

"And I swear on Denon's tyranny if you suggest a plan to do with vents I'll stun you where you stand"

"You might try." Was all the laconic Atrisian offered, keeping her gaze fixed on the looming exterior. Within, she could feel swells of desperation and rage. The Force groaned under the pressure of the mixed motives.

For a flicker of an instant, she considered that some within might be falsely accused and weren't truly evil. Their crimes small, perhaps stealing in order to feed their families, or were misidentified for a larger crime. Her mouth drew into a thin line at the possibility of that implication, and she gave a nod to herself after rationalizing she'd be able to make that judgement once inside. Ashla would decide, and she would be the sword.

"But you're in luck." She offered, crouching and giving a lackadaisical wave of her hand. An invisible gust of wind whirled around the bolts that might have secured the grate, wiggling it to lift and creak open.

Remaining with her elbows on her knees in a squat, she gestured her Darkwire companion forward with the intergalactic non-verbal indicator of
after you.

"Sewers instead. All the way to beneath the control room."

devaron3.png

"We've got two minutes, I so have a bit more time to ta--" The comm in Viers' ear went silent. A calm hand fell from the device and casually turned the page to the text in her hand. Whoever was on the other end spoke too much, far more than Viers had the time for. "Nope." She mumbled quietly to herself as she continued to read silently.

The silence was a welcomed peace before a mission. Viers remembered often meditating with her mentor and getting scolded when she wouldn't sit still. Dagon soon started to speak, and Viers gave him her attention for the most part. Standing, Viers tucked away the small book into the folds of her
tunic carefully. Despite Kirin being dead, the young disciple feared her Master's return to the living realm to smite her existence if the text was lost.

"Any questions?" Dagon asked after the short explanation of the plan. Looking at the other two with them, she figured Dagon would have paired himself off with one of the others. A part of her felt 'nice' seeing that the oaf decided to bring her along. Viers, though had one main concern about her partner, would he be able to keep up? Her head tilted slightly, brown bangs falling across her forehead, Viers sized up her partner.

Maybe take it slow, so you won't lose him. A slight nod, and the girl straightened her figure upright. "I have one." She raised her hand and spoke frankly, "Who was that on the comms - the one that wouldn't stop talking and sounded like a holonet search for Devaronian culture?" Viers cringed, remembering the lengthy lecture. She feared pressing the device back on, wondering if when she did she would catch another lecture mid-stride.

Kira chuckled at the joke. She didn't really know Auteme or Dagon but found it amusing nonetheless. Kira knew little of the Padawans she was working with. She decided to volunteer for the mission and assist anywhere she can. She was in her armor for this mission, not wanting to take too many risks with a moving train full of arena fighters and the guards that watch over them.

After expressing some amusement at the joke, Dagon proceeded to go over the general plan for now. Kira would go with Hel to disable the engine while Dagon and Viers attempted to gain control through the cockpit. And if neither team could do it, they'd disable the shields so that the gunship could stop it. Although it was preferential not to do that. Dagon then asked if anyone had questions. "You come up with the name 'Bug' yourself?" She joked. It was an interesting name to pick for a gunship but she'd have to admit it was mildly endearing.

She looked to her team mate, Hel. Interesting core name, for an equally interesting individual. A Chiss-Zeltron hybrid that was way taller than Kira. And while Kira would like to think she is fairly well built, Hel was on another level. "You ready to break a train?" She asked Hel, with some enthusiasm.

Oh, you sweet little thing. Coming to save the day with the rest of your brilliant ilk. You will fall like the rest, and be nothing more than a pawn for things far greater than you ever will be. Do you think you're a hero? You're not. You're nothing more than a-

Viers, Hel, you two keep an eye on Dagon, make sure he doesn't get lost."

Hel opened her eyes with a startled gasp, lurching forward and up in her seat to sit at attention as her name rang in her ear from the lobe-shaped device. She was quick to turn it off in a huff which turned into a slowed heaving as the echoes of the voices dissipated into nothingness. Whatever additional words were said between her compatriots was lost upon her, as she immediately focused her attention on the annoyance of her condition. An insomniac blessed with the ability to fall asleep at a moment's notice but cursed to never enjoy that sleep. It was the same thing every single time, no matter the time of day or night.

Each attempt at a peaceful sleep besieged by the visage of some horrific spider creature towering over her with a dangling tongue that ended in a bloody skull, from which its horrific voice creaked and croaked in wooden fashion through her brain. A weaver of lies that spoke in deceptions and half-truths, aiming to drive her mad with confusion and misdirection. But that was not the worst part of her sleep, the worst came from the additional symphony of some...ethereal thing.

A new song that came not from below, nor above, but from around. Lighter than the spindly thing, but just as foreboding - if not more. She knew what to expect from that which came from the depths of her memories and consciousness, but this other figure was something she could not plan for. Could not expect it. Formless, faceless, nameless, making all that she could perceive little more than a windy voice in the distance and vicinity.

Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by the voice of Dagon, which she could not decide as being better or worse.

Let's recap again - Viers and I will form Team A, we'll get into the cockpit and stop the train from there, Hel, Kira - you guys are Team B - you'll try shutting the engines manually.

The young Padawan gave a thumbs-up to the man who fought alongside her - somewhat - on Ziost. It was a simple mission and one that she would excel at. Destroying engines was one of her specialties when she was younger and serving some non-descript Hutt on Hutta, preventing his enemies from escaping the planet. Here, she would be able to shake off the rust and get back into what earned her a pretty penny back in the day. The Padawan eagerly cracked her knuckles in anticipation of the opportunity and inhaled sharply.

Then her partner-in-crime spoke.

"You ready to break a train?"

There was some enthusiasm in her voice, which gave Hel some hope that she was not going to be alone in her enjoyment of disabling the train. "I'm always ready to break things, little cat. Be sure to keep up."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom