Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Social Anxiety Is Awful

Lace watched curiously as Felix Aquila Felix Aquila stood up, and walked over to a table to grab some kind of device. When he came back, she moved her legs over slightly to make more room for him on the bed, and tilted her head curiously as he showed her the screen. There were many faces of men, only a couple of which even looked vaguely familiar. Looking between the ones that did, Lace was quiet.

"Him. That's my brother."

Coming to her decision, she pointed at the younger version of her brother. Somehow, she knew that wasn't how he would look now, but that was definitely him. She couldn't place just how much younger he was, from what she thought would be his correct age, just that he was much, much younger.

Lace had to see him again.

"How soon can you take me to him? I... I have a feeling that... I've been gone for a very, very long time... I need to see him."

jHiLsO.png

Tag: Lace Verd Lace Verd
Equipment:

As she would indicate, the photo of the man's head would expand to show the full image, a young fighter imperious and the holonet article that shone a light on the achievements on the early Metus while he was within the Knights Obsidian. Felix would soak in the image as she had, single handedly confirmed something which he had been both equal parts excited and terrified about. Taking her to him would depend on whether or not he was on world, he might be? There was a chance, but he could not help but wonder if the others she had met with had gotten to the point she had mentioned that the man, Isley, was her brother.

"I don't think I should take you to him today, getting you to the point that you could walk there without me needing to carry you might be a good idea. It would also depend if he was on world, I've met him once before. Isley also goes by Darth Metus. The Vicelord of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and perhaps even, the singular most important man in the galaxy. . . I wouldn't call myself a small-fry but I've only ever been in a room with him once. . ."

He would bring up a more current picture of him, one from recent holonet news so she could get a modern photo of the man, trying to find one of him not in his combat armour, as well as one in his combat armour. "This is how he looks now, i think it may have been some time since you've seen him last. He's in his mid to late fifties now." He'd almost look sad at that, handing over the article, a historical piece of his accomplishments in the last ten years and, if she'd allow him putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"But, I will get you to him, I promise. No matter what." The man's mind was already developing plan A through H, thinking to himself he really didn't want to go with plan H, however out of everything he'd thought of so far, he couldn't help but think it would be the most effective at getting a meeting with the man... even if it did involve getting his door kicked in.

The determination in Lace's face shattered to disappointment when Felix Aquila Felix Aquila told her she'd have to wait to see her brother. Sure, Felix had a perfectly valid reason, but still! What if Isley thought she was dead?! With a sigh, Lace leaned back against the bed's headboard. How long would it be until she was well enough? A couple days? A week? A month?

Felix's hand on her shoulder did little to bring her any comfort, as she felt the heavy weight of longing for her family once more. With how old Isley was now, and how old she remembered him being... She'd been gone for so long. If he thought her dead, would he have moved on? Would he still be grieving her?

"Then... Will you help me get better? Get stronger? So I can see him again? See my family, again?"

jHiLsO.png

Tag: Lace Verd Lace Verd
Equipment:

He could feel the mood fall, from discovering who her brother was to not being able to go to see him, Felix wanted desperately to be able to just do it... but was it really the best idea? The issue wasn't just about her being physically frail, it was about her being mentally frail too, she'd already broken once at the anxiety of sitting in a Knights Obsidian waiting area... how was she going to feel with the added stress of meeting her brother again, as well as whatever people might be there at the time could be a lot. Some rest, even if it were for a couple of days with good food and away from many people might help in more ways than one. . .

"I'll help you with anything you need, but hey, some good news, now we know who you are, so, with that we can begin looking into some things for your history. It might also take some time to get in touch with Darth Me-, I mean uh, Isley." Using his first name was strange. . . He hoped this wasn't going to build bad habits.

"I'm going to attempt to get ahold of the Knights Obsidian council, they'll be the people I have to talk to before getting to Isley... now if they don't believe me... I guess then we'll have to get creative." He said with a sly smile, plan A was the simplest... It simply meant being honest to the right people. Sans that, he had corporate contacts such as Locke and Key that might be able to get him a line with Metus directly.

"Food is going to be one of the best things for you right now though, eating well, and walking around, there's a pool and a spa which you can help yourself to. I usually train outside there in the mornings. Your next meal will be far less bland. You seem like you're keeping everything down. I guess you're tough" He'd rub the side of her shoulder supportively, but moving aside for the mean time, not wanting to crowd her.

Deep down, Lace knew Felix Aquila Felix Aquila was right. She couldn't rush something like this, not in the state she was in. Really, even now she felt like she could pass out at any moment. That didn't change the fact she wanted to go anyway though. Leaning her head to the side quietly, Lace sighed as Felix moved aside.

"I suppose you're right... Waiting for just a little while longer won't kill me, I suppose."

Finishing off her piece of toast, Lace resisted the childish impulse to shove it all in her mouth. Her stomach definitely wouldn't like that! Thinking over Felix's offer about the pool and spa, though, Lace gave him a teasing smirk.

"A spa visit does sound nice though, so I might abuse that offer of yours to help myself to it just a little bit."

jHiLsO.png

Tag: Lace Verd Lace Verd // Darth Metus Darth Metus
Equipment:

Felix would smile, agreeing, noting that he would have to make sure that she had something to wear for the pool and promising this time it would be far less extravagant than the outfit from before. Thankfully swimwear wasn't something that had huge multi million credit designer lines on Naboo. Iskalon, and Kamino however... possibly. It required investigation.

Felix would begin to make inquiries, first researching the public histories of each of the council members that he had the potential to go through in order to get to Metus, some of them would no doubt he heavy handed, there were always those who sought power and prestige and would use their positions to ensure that Felix would rather be buried beneath this building than see an ounce of it. The fact of the matter was that the CIS wasn't a perfect place, there were always spies, operatives and deeds done behind closed doors that were never talked about in the light of day. Which is why Felix generally ensured that he used an encryption network made from within the Deep Core.

The next couple of days would go well enough, each morning Felix would be found on the balcony, going through his fencing practices wielding his saber against a practice droid that would take him through his forms. Each practice would push the young lord to his limit until his muscles ached and pained, pulling in directions that he didn't know he had. The foods that were served for breakfast lunch and dinner would ramp up quickly to more wholesome and flavorful, rich meals cooked by Felix himself spending time in the Kitchen humming to himself happily. Felix would help Lace through exercises that had been prescribed by doctors who he would ensure that she wouldn't have to meet for more than a minute or so in the mean time, serving as an intermediary due to her self described anxiety around people she didn't know for the first little while.

Sure enough, Felix would make the call, touching base with a trusted and respected member of the Knights Obsidian council about a particularly sensitive matter. He would inform them that he had come into contact with Darth Metus', with Isley's sister and that for the last few days he'd been tending to her wounds and nursing her back to health. Finally Felix would mention that he'd like to take her to Metus, Personally, as it seemed that she was suffering severe anxiety around crowds. Felix recommended that they find a place that was a tad more secluded.

Word was given that it would be passed along, so Felix would make his way to wherever Lace was. Smiling as he would watch what she was doing for a few moments before knocking and approaching, so not to frighten her.

"So, I've passed word onto the council, and given them a method for contacting me, they should be getting word to your brother any minute now. Assuming he's on world, I think we may be able to see him today. How does that make you feel?"

He would remain standing a few meters away from her, looking a little nervous at her reaction. He'd allowed Lace a method for purchasing other clothing that she liked over the last couple of days, them arriving within a day of being ordered so that she may have clothing that better suited how she felt as well as her own personal style.

But things were finally moving.

The past few days had been... surprisingly therapeutic for Lace. Something about exercising daily felt... Familiar? The food Felix cooked her was good, and she felt herself getting stronger every day. Truthfully, the only problem she had was that every morning, as she watched Felix Aquila Felix Aquila run his drills, she felt an odd sense of longing. Longing for what? she couldn't really say for certain.

Maybe for a lightsaber that she had lost?

She had ordered a few outfits, which were both much simpler and much cheaper than what Felix had initially gotten her. They were a bit more comfortable to wear to just lounge in, admittedly. Primarily the dress she had picked out for the day, and she quite liked how the skirt flared as she sat down with a cup of tea to look out the window as she drank.

She could almost picture someone sitting across from her. A woman, maybe? With an air of royalty about her...

A twinge of longing, again. Longing, interrupted by Felix's knocking. He seemed to have the perfect timing, it seemed, to turn her mood around. Taking a sip of her tea, her eyes widened in surprise as she both burned her tongue, and learned she could meet Isley that same day! Setting the cup down in a hurry, Lace held a hand over her mouth as she spoke, a hint of both pain and excitement in her voice.

"You really think I could see him today? I've been waiting for too long and I... I was starting to get anxious you wouldn't be able to get in touch with him... I want, no, need to see him. I'm healthy enough, I think!"

Darth Metus Darth Metus

POLARIS COURT

Another day, another Bill.

From beyond the borders of the southern systems, there existed a perception. One that, admittedly, Isley wished were true. The idea was that the Confederacy was but a plaything - totally subservient to his ever whim. Yet, as the bickering politicians before him clearly denoted, that was a farse. The democracry was the furthest thing from obedient. And thus the Vicelord spent countless hours negotiating even the most basic of agendas. In the present moment, a cadre of empassioned Viceroys were pitching their concerns.

The matter at hand was an infrastructure package. One that was poised to create literal thousands of jobs - but cost a hefty bit of coin.

Whilst the posturing occurred, Isley - publicly known as Darth Metus - reclined in his seat. Fingers tented as he considered each argument. There was no end in sight for the negotiations - until a thunderous pound echoed upon his office's door. With eyebrows raised, the Vicelord righted himself in his seat. The law of Polaris Court, his professional abode, was to not be disturbed unless it was an emergency. And, given how urgent the knocking was, that could only mean one thing. "Enter." he breathed, raising a hand to quiet the Viceroys.

In briskly stepped an envoy from the Knights Obsidian. Isley immediately recognized the man as being the one charged with ferrying the Lord Commander's will to the Vicelord. "I beg your pardon." he began, rendering a polite half-bow. "An urgent matter requires your attention Vicelord. May I please borrow a moment of your time?"

"Gentlemen, let us recess for the afternoon. We will reconvene tomorrow."

The Viceroys muttered in agreement. Given how grave the Galaxy was as of late, even politicians knew to give priority to emergencies. They filed out of the office at once, leaving the Vicelord with the Knight. The envoy quickly explained the situation, that she who was lost had been found. By one of their own no less. Isley practically leapt from his seat. "Can you contact him?"

"Yes sir. One moment."

In but an instant, the Knight who had safeguarded Lace would find his holodisc buzzing. Answering it would project the azure manifestation. Not of the Knight Envoy, but of the Vicelord himself.

"Hello? Is my sister there?"

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

Felix would almost be able to feel her inhale the hot tea leading to the mouth burn, his face twisted with worry as his eyes would flare a momentary grey with concern at her burns, hoping that the tea wasn't too harsh on her. "Careful!" He let out in a reactive cry, however he did somewhat like how excited she got about it all, it was nice to see that, with everything that had been happening, that anticipation hadn't dulled in the slightest. He'd give a hasty nod, affirming her intent as quickly as possible not wanting the thought to linger. But at hearing her doubts he would fold his arms, a small pout crossing his face with a twinge of offense glinting in his eye.

"Hey, I made a promise didn't I? I wasn't about to let you down. But, all things going well then. . . yeah, then if not today, tomorrow for sure. It depends how far away the Vicelo~ i mean Isley is."

Felix could still not get the hang of using the man's first name, Darth Metus or Vicelord were always the first things that came to mind, wanting to keep terms familiar for Lace, he had been attempting to keep names and things towards things she would be able to remember when spoken. Taking a cup of tea for himself, adding some honey and taking a sip he would feel the ringing of his holodisc, -that was quick- he had thought to himself, it was likely the council member returning the call to inform that the message had been passed on to Darth Metus. When he opened coms with the individual, to see the familiar face of the man known to him as the vicelord, Felix almost choked on his tea.

A light splutter exiting his lips as he would pull himself to attention, heels together and bringing his fist to his chest as he would greet the man "Isle- I mean Vicelord~ Sorry." Sure, now he got it right. Recovering quickly he would turn, holding out the holodisc to show the girl sitting with her tea not all that far away from him.

"She is Sir, Would you like to have a word?"

He would move a little closer, bringing the conversation to Lace, giving her a look as if to silently ask permission before approaching or bridging whatever gap there was to have between the two of them as he would put the Holodisc in between the two of them, feelings of pride and accomplishment welling up in his chest having managed to at least do something right in this whole event.

"Well of course, I know you promised but... I got worried. Some things can spiral out of your control while you aren't looking."

Lace smiled sheepishly at Felix Aquila Felix Aquila as she blew on her tea. She admittedly felt a bit bad that she had doubted him, but after days of waiting she had begun to grow impatient. Impatience led to doubt, it seemed? Watching as Felix began to fix himself a cup of tea, the sound of ringing caught her attention. Sitting up at attention, cup half way to her lips, Lace's attention was fixated on the holodisc Felix pulled out.

She almost dropped her teacup at the sound of her brother's voice.

Setting the cup down on the table, Lace felt a surge of emotions welling up inside of her. Joy. Sadness. The need to apologize. He had been waiting for her, for so long. Lace wondered if he ever gave up on the thought of finding her. Meeting Felix's eyes, she nodded to give him permission to come closer with the holodisc. Sliding the teacup to the side, she took a deep breath as she stared at the azure image of her brother.

"Ori'vod? Isley? Is it... Is it really you?"

Her voice was soft, softer than Darth Metus Darth Metus had ever heard from her.

"I missed you, ori'vod. I can finally come home, I'm sorry I was gone for... I... I don't know how long..."

POLARIS COURT

The Sith was greeted by the sputtering of words.

The Knight responsible from pulling his sibling from the unknown confirmed what the Envoy had stated. His sister was with him. Yet Isley felt as though his breath was being held. He wouldn't know relief until he saw her face with his own two eyes. Heard her voice with his own two ears. His concern was so glaring that Felix almost referring to him by name went through one ear and out the other. She is Sir, Would you like to have a word?

"Yes. Please." he said, finally setting his sulfuric gaze upon the woman. The Knight then brought the holodisc closer, and Isley could clearly see her face. Relief began to flow through the man's veins. He hadn't lost yet another loved one - this one survived. She was here. She was within arm's reach. "Lace." he breathed, beaming. "Yes, it's me!"

His excitement was far louder than how soft her tone was.

"I've missed you terribly. I'm so glad you're okay. It's okay - you've nothing to apologize for." he began. "Where are you? I'm coming to get you right now!"

"And you, Knight, you'll have your weight in gold for this. Mark my words."

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

Felix could almost bask in the accolades, but the warm feeling of seeing the two reunited was almost enough of a reward in of itself... almost. But as much as this had began as a career advancing cash Bantha. He had admittedly enjoyed the few days he'd spend with the company of Lace, her happiness in seeing her brother warmed his heart, forcing his usually crude and calculated mask to shatter for one of the first times in his life, dropping his coy maintained smile and forcing a look of soft unguarded sincerity which turned his eyes rose pink. He couldn't stop, the joy that they were both feeling was infectious... so after a few minutes, he just stopped trying.

Short of saying that he would leave the two of them alone, he would look to the image of Metus as he was addressed. "We're currently staying at the penthouse apartment of the Chancellor Hotel building in Theed. The place is secure and no-0ne but you, I and Lace know our location and who she is. We could meet you somewhere, but uh..." Felixs' eyes would meet Lace, not sure on exactly how much of her condition he would want to be updated on, though this was a difficulty that Isley would likely need to know about. So, he would simply finish his thought with.

"I think a more private location would be best." He'd give Lace a wink, not saying anything more, but knowing that she wasn't a fan of crowds at the moment while also wanting to keep the details about her mental condition private. That was her story to tell if she wanted to tell it in the first place. However, it seemed that the prospect of reward was posed in the mean time...

"I didn't do this for the reward, sir. I'm just happy I could help."

And with that he would move to take a side seat to their reunion, keeping close enough that Metus would be able to turn to see him if he needed to in order to address him with instructions, but far enough away that his presence was not something that would begin to interrupt the beginnings of their reunion, they had a lot to talk about... and likely some immediate revelations which could bubble to the surface at any moment, like the wounds and markings, though dulling that he could see on what little exposed skin wasn't covered by her new dress. He liked it, it was simple and far less grand, but it was pure, and sincere.

It worked for her.

"Ori'vod..."

It warmed Lace's heart to hear Darth Metus Darth Metus say he missed her, and that she had nothing to worry about. She could feel his excitement bleeding through the call, and felt herself getting antsy to see her older brother in person again. Meeting Felix Aquila Felix Aquila 's eyes, she nodded with a shy smile about a private meeting place.

"I'm not... good with people, at the moment... I kiiiiiind of ran out of the Knight Obsidian building..."

Mumbling her words, Lace took another sip of her tea. She didn't know the names of any places, so she'd leave the planning of the reunion to the boys. Was she good at plans anyway? She'd have to ask Isley what she was like before her... disappearance. If they had any family, too. Would they remember her?

The connection would become fuzzy for the briefest of moments - for the Vicelord had begun to briskly walk forward. Once stabilized, they'd be greeted with a very unflattering view of the man's chin as he held the holodisc aloft and strode quickly throughout Polaris Court. They had given him an address, one that only the three of them knew. In his mind, there wouldn't be a need for movement elsewhere. He was coming for his sister.

"Lace, if you're good with it, stay put. I can be there in five." he remarked briefly, before stepping into an executive lift. They'd hear the doors slide close behind him and he adjusted the disc so that they could see his face clearly again.

"If that's not ideal, I can send a shuttle and have you both brought to the Memorial Gardens. They're not open to the public." The perks of government property.

He exhaled, as if he were finally able to breathe again. "Whatever works best for you little sister. I'm just glad you're okay." And though he could not see the faithful Knight, he marked well that the man did not do this for the reward. This Felix fellow was upstanding, that was for sure.

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

The Vicelord, on his way here... great! He found it somewhat humorous that Isley didn't remember him from the meeting at a former Commander's house, mind you, he had intended to fade into the background of the vampiric woman's notice, making notes on fantastic works of art and items of value in an attempt to drum up some remembrance, but otherwise accepting that he was an ant walking amongst giants. His mind swam with what he could ask for if he wanted to, but at the end of it all, there was only one thing that he felt like he could gain from dealing with Metus, and that was status... of which to his mind there were two kinds, that which was given, and that which was earned. Felix had undertaken one of the trials in and amongst the knighthood... but should Metus undertake him on his three trials 'personally' that might be something that people would remember. If he was good enough to get a commendation from him, that was a chance to be in. Perfect.

But it seemed that a decision had been put into the hands of Felix, on the one hand, staying put would be the easier option, especially for Lace. But easier wasn't always better. They'd been cooped up here for a while, and she had begun to feel better, being treated for her wounds. A change of scenery outside these four walls sounded like a fantstic idea for Felix, that and he remembered hearing that the Memorial Gardens was a sight to behold. And it seemed thematically fitting for the reunion.

"I think the two of us can make our way to the gardens, we will meet you there. "

With little more than a word, Felix would look to a datapad and begin organizing for his speeder to be ready, bought to the room so that the two of them could make their way there. The landing of the penthouse had a small landing way for a speeder, one that he would have happily used to get in here, but, sadly they had met on foot with little in the way of getting a speeder there. Thankfully, they had made do... even though Felix felt like he could still feel the tendrils of that headache still clinging to him. Or was it a different headache now? There was no way to really tell anymore. It had been a stressful week.

He would allow the other two to finish their conversation, bowing in order to organize their ride as he would wave his hand, opening the door into the building from the inside with telekinesis as he would exit the glass screen that led outside, creating a thoroughfare through the building as he would walk outside, meeting with the driver and having a conversation, convincing him that he would be driving to their destination and that he wouldn't be needed. And also, to make his way through the building with making as little sound as possible, as his guest was making an important call. The driver would nod, and begin to make their way through the building. Yet, to the outside world, there would be nothing. Felix would curve light around the driver allowing him to move like a phantom through the estate, some subtle noise to those listening, but otherwise, no sign of such a creature that was anything more than humid quivers of the air.

Once accomplished, and the driver had left, closing the door behind him with a click... something Felix hoped wouldn't be picked up on by Lace as he visibly winced, having forgotten to tell the driver to leave the doors be. Moving to the entrance he would smile, in his hands holding the mag-key fo0r the custom
vehicle that arrived. Black and lavender covering with the House Aquila house symbol upon it in place of others that had traditionally been used with additional fins arcing down like that of an X wing. Once they were ready, he would walk with Lace to the vehicle, offering her a seat and speeding away to their destination.

"Better not keep brother waiting~"

Lace looked up from her tea curiously, as the image of Darth Metus Darth Metus became blurry, and bit back a snort when it refocused on the, admittedly, hilariously unflattering view of her brother's chin. She would absolutely tease him about that later! Leaning back in her chair as she finished off her cup of tea, Lace was glad that Felix Aquila Felix Aquila opted for a change of scenery.

"I'll see you soon, Isley. We'll have a lot to catch up on, I'm sure."

Smiling at her brother one final time, Lace ended the holocall before standing up from the chair. The sound of the chair being pushed back, thankfully, covered up the sound of the door clicking shut from the invisible, to Lace, driver. Smoothing out her dress, Lace looked up at Felix approached. Had he already finished preparing their ride? That was awfully fast! Following Felix through the penthouse and outside, Lace was unsurprised at how even the speeder looked expensive.

"Once again, I'm impressed by your ability to have the most expensive things possible for even the simplest of things, Felix."

Giving Felix a teasing smile as she slid into her seat, Lace felt the anxiety bubbling up again.

"For his sake, and mine, I think you're right."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom