Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public So, You Got Somethin' to Say? [Open to the Jakku Jedi Enclave]

The Thyrsian turned as she heard the familiar voice of Viers. She offered her a smile. “Of course not, please take a seat and a cup.” Viera took another sip of hers, careful against the scolding heat. She went to reply to Viers, but held off as she saw Dagon take a deep breath.

Whatever he was about to say, was something that had been held deep within, weighing against him.

Viera’s eyes never left Dagon as he spoke, her expression giving away nothing as she watched and observed the emotions on display. The young man before had been burned by war, physically, emotionally and mentally. She wasn’t sure when he was first thrown into those fires, but she wouldn’t be shocked if it had been at a young age. And then of course there was Dagon’s brother; family. Something Viera couldn’t share, there was never a family for her. But she had learned how devastating losing a loved one could be. How it could add fuel to a desire to end the cause for good.

Part of Viera wished her old Master had returned to one of the Orders, perhaps she could’ve helped guide them, prepare them for the weight of war. She had done that for the Thrysian, similarly throwing her into the fire, but with a guided hand. Viera had seen what war was like, on both the frontlines and in the medical tents. The effects it had on the combatants; Jedi and Sith, as well as those caught in the middle; civilians.

The dark side is corruptive, drawn out by those that seek power and thus allow it to fester in their wake. It innately draws upon our inner darker nature. We all have it, there’s no denying that. But it’s a matter of whether we’re trained enough to keep it at bay. And then, it’s not enough if you’re exposed to it for a long period of time, consistently without much of a break. Even if you yourself know you’re not slipping, there’s still a part deep within you where the phantom memory of that corruption has latched itself.” Viera took one more sip, before placing her cup down and turning to face Dagon fully.

A portion of your drive to fight the Dark Side is fueled by what happened to your brother, but you cannot forget yourself. Yes, we kill those that would bring death and destruction; the Sith, but it’s still killing. We’re still taking lives no matter what. That strikes a toll, and over time you will lose yourself, Dagon. Don’t lose this, ever.” She pointed at his chest; his heart.

Viera’s mind wondered for a few moments, back to the assortment of Jedi that had converged on the commotion earlier. Her thoughts turned to the other Thyrsian, Aelys. The impression she had gotten, was that he had already closed off some of his heart to the violence. Would he have been in Dagon’s place right now? Or would he have called them cowards for not jumping into the fight?

It was all utter speculation, based on observations and no deep knowledge of Aelys. Maybe it would change if she got to know him better, or perhaps it would solidify the speculation.

The fact you’re sitting here, telling this is proof that you’re already helping yourself. You haven’t closed your heart to the violence. And I won’t lie, this isn’t a simple matter of throwing some more Jedi into the war, to fight side by side in a unity of strength. There’s a problem higher up, beyond the one that enacted the order to bomb a Sith Academy, It goes beyond the one who gave the order, but to the one that greenlit it, considered it a justified act.” Pause, breathe. “Those that push that button, not knowing who's going to live or die. Not to mention the emotional and mental damage it’ll do to those on the ground, witnessing it. What they care for, are results.” Viera pulled away, sinking back into her chair. “But that is war for you, it’s not purely black and white, it’s got a whole mess of grey in the middle.” Viera moved forwards again, leaning closer to Dagon to grab his shoulder. “But you will have my aid, Dagon Kaze.” Then pulled away, only to give the young man a gentle poke in the stomach. “If only to ensure you actually have some decent R&R to heal, in between battles.

Tom Kovack

T
“Nice to meet you, Melinda. My name is Tom Kovack. I’m new here, too.” He shrugged. “I'm not a fan of deserts either. My homeworld's a humid jungle. Jakku is pretty dumpy, but at least it's remote and hard to find. Sort of. Apparently all you need is basic access to the Jedi databases to find out this enclave’s location, so it’s safe but not too safe. I was able to find my way here by following rumors and hearsay.”

Taking a sip of iced tea, he added, “It’s funny, nobody in the kitchens seemed to know what I was talking about when I asked for iced tea. Finally I got them to just give me the stuff and let me make it myself. You’d think on a desert planet everyone would be wanting a cool drink, but instead they all have hot tea on a hot day.” He made a face indicating that he found such people as bizarre as they found him.

“But yeah. Only about a week ago, I was gearing up to join the NJO, but now... This whole situation came as a shock to everyone, but they’ve handled it extremely poorly. I picked up on a certain... I don't know, pettiness? Or a 'banality of evil' kind of mentality back when the Elder Compact stuff was going on, but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt then. The NJO had good, logical reasons to be angry about that. This just sucks. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about some of the things people have said, how they've justified their mistakes or even evil actions... It makes me want to give up trying to be a Jedi.”

He sighed. “Sorry, I don't mean to get all personal. If I do participate in any NJO missions or battles in the future, it’ll be because I think I can make a difference. But that’s not exactly a good motive on my part, is what I'm saying. It’s like starting a relationship with someone because you think you can ‘fix’ them. It’s bound to cause more problems than it solves.” He rubbed the condensation forming on the side of his glass. “Jakku Jedi Enclave looks pretty attractive in light of everything else. I think I’ll stay here a while.”

c506a8b15876e0fc5aa799a848f8314c479b5891.png

//: Viera Viera //: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Violet Horne Violet Horne //:
Viers_Sabers.png
Pouring herself a cup of tea, she listened to the others, mostly Dagon, who mentioned the war. He answered her question; he had been on the front lines - he fought and was wounded, all the while losing his brother to the dark side. She felt it, the shift in emotions of the room - it made her stomach churn.

Viers popped a couple of sugar cubes into her tea and stirred it gently with her pinky finger. It was a suitable temperature and the sugar dissolved quickly. Letting the others speak ahead of her, Viers sucked on her pinky finger, tasting the tea before committing to it. It was a good tea, but the sugar made it better. Both of the Jedi seemed hesitant, Violet declined, worried she would be in the way - while Viera was willing to join.

It was her turn to speak; she hid behind the teacup, slightly trying to figure out her own stance. Growing up, she listened to stories from her guardian - letters from her parents and finally a letter telling how they had died.

“I’ll join.” She spoke quietly as the nervous girl that had entered the room disappeared. Her face was melancholy as she thought briefly over those memories. “My parents were killed by the Sith on Kintan, the Bryn’adul killed my mentor. So, I’m not going to sit on the sidelines anymore.” Amber eyes shifted from the tea to Dagon. “Where do I sign up?”

Dagon had completely forgotten about his tea as they all shared their thoughts on his call to aid. Violet's self-doubt, Viera's concern and Viers' sudden enthusiasm, he unintentionally drew on these feelings through the Force; his own burdened, yet determined aura emanating outwardly, too.

Violet's worry seemed to stem more from doubt in her own capabilities than anything else. He understood it. He still doubted his. They were all thrown into the fray with a leather jacket and a saber, and were expected to save the galaxy. Barely had anything, just a leader and a purpose. A baptism by fire, someone had called it. It sure was one. Many who crossed through the flame never returned, turned to ash. Many more would, too. He would come to address her later, Dagon's own mind still undecided on what to say to her. Should he try to persuade her or should he accept her choice? The dilemma tore him from within and it seemed that any path taken from this junction bore more bad news than good. A rigged game.

Even in the hints of concern she had over him losing himself, Viera's words carried a serene respite from the tension built up. Her own musings on the war, the Jedi and the Dark Side showed clearly her experience to be a margin above his. She pointed at his heart and fear faintly rushed over him, like a cold breeze across his spine - all the warnings, all the lessons he had learned about preventing the fall to the Dark...let's say no plan services first contact.

Viera came around; her caring touch on his shoulder and the gentle poke felt reassuring. He nodded thankfully with his signature lopsided, a bit idiotic, smile, "I will try not to give you too much work."

In the midst of the hefty dialogue, Viers evolved. She had threaded lightly with uncertainty back on Manaan and here, too; yet, what Dagon had asked for seemingly sparked not a flame but a blaze within the girl. A fire enveloped by tempered steel and unwavering composure, just like a Jedi should. In the flames, she had recalled what she had lost. He saw his own semblance in what she said, in what she swore to. The sidelines no longer were an option.

Where do I sign up?”​

Dagon's smirk returned, a cheerful interjection cutting shortly through the fog of gloom, "Don't think we have recruitment offices exactly but we do have pretty nice leather jackets. I'd give you mine but it'd look like a chute on you."

He then turned to Violet, the smirk disappearing - replaced by a serious and caring frown.

The Jedi stood up and approached her, his hand falling gently on her shoulder, "The choice is yours, Vee. I don't want to see your hurt; any of you, for that matter." he paused for a split second, licked his lips, then continued, "I have full belief in what you can do."

"Please."

Violet Horne Violet Horne Viers Connory Viers Connory Viera Viera

Violet Horne Violet Horne | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Viera Viera

Vexander took a deep breath when Ryv Ryv and some of the NJO Jedi left... perhaps he didn't react accordingly... but something Aelys just snapped him in an un-jedi like way. He just curved his mouth a bit while he thought about how much his exile has affected his personality and who he was... perhaps he was just thinking this too much at this moment when feelings were boiling and he got carried away by the overall feeling... either way, he had to recollect himself and try to reflect his way of thinking without allowing himself to be taken out of his boundaries.

"I guess I need that ginger and lemon tea"

The bearded man walked all the way to where everyone was... and as he did, he just used the Force and breathing techniques to cool down as much as possible and join the young ones who were around.

"Is there room for one more?" he said with a smile... what a weird change of mood from him in just a few moments, they would think he was bipolar or something... the words from the young Padawan from before just resonated in his head... Older generation... was he an older man now?

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Viera Viera Viers Connory Viers Connory Vexander Graves Vexander Graves

She watched quietly as both Viera and Viers showed more guts in a few minutes than she had for her entire life.

easily solved. follow them, instead of crying about it

It wasn't that easy though.

By following them Violet would have to take responsibility. Not just for her own life - that was fine, she didn't mind that. No, it was the responsibility of having their backs. Of keeping them safe. What would she do, if they were in danger and because of her actions something happened to them? Could Violet really ever forgive hersel-

Dagon's hand on her shoulder made her blink.

Glancing to it and then him. Expression softened a bit. "I, I appreciate that, Dee." Violet licked her lips, why was her mouth so dry? "I just don't-" That's when Graves entered the room and distracted her.

Eyes shifted towards him.

"Of course, Master, please. Sit and have some tea." Maybe it would have happened differently. But that switch, that distraction, was all that was necessary for the following. As Violet looked back to Dagon she smiled. "I just don't think-" Something emerald flashed in her eyes, so quickly that it was already gone before it could register. "-I could forgive myself if I abandoned you when you needed me most."

"I will follow you, Dagon Kaze. And together we will walk in the Light."

With her piece said and done, Viera returned to her tea and carefully sipped at it. She watched as Viers found her voice through her nervousness, finding the courage to take that significant first step. But it was just that, a first step. Taking a place on the battlefield was never something you accurately imagine. In Viera’s experience, it was also much worse than she originally thought.

Even having seen the scars and wounds they deal, there was nothing compared to being on an active battlefield. Chaos in every direction, explosions going off, life and death playing out all around you.

She imagined this was going to be Viers’ first. The young woman didn’t strike her as someone who had already experienced it before. At least, not in terms of being an active combatant.

Viera sipped on her tea, eyes glancing over as Dagon approached Violet. She didn’t know what to make of her, ever since Manaan. There was a mysterious feeling around her, as though she was haunted. Which at times, made Viera feel like she was looking into a mirror.

The Thyrsian’s attention snapped as a newcomer entered the room. Her eyes fell on Vexander, but they swooped back to Violet when she replied. Just within that moment, Viera saw something...at least thought she had. Peering over the rim of her teacup, she saw the hint of something green, but it was gone within barely a blink. But the thought didn’t linger for long, as Viera noticed the slight shift in Violet’s tone.

Where did that conviction suddenly come from?

Righteousness. Conflict.

c506a8b15876e0fc5aa799a848f8314c479b5891.png

//: Jakku Enclave Tea Room //:
//: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Viera Viera //: Violet Horne Violet Horne //: Vexander Graves Vexander Graves //:
Viers_Sabers.png
A grin widened, matching the smirk that spread over Dagon's face. Despite her attachment to her field jacket, she would really like to have one that was all her own. Lifting the coat from her chest slightly, the original Rogue Squadron's worn patches from the first iteration of the Alliance became apparent. Along with the patches was a dull and faded stitching of the original owner's last name and rank. "Perfect, you're already speaking my language Dagon."

Her hands shook slightly; anticipation and excitement surged through the girl's frame. She had never faced battles like Dagon or the others, but knowing that she would be following her parents' shoes made her feel like she was on the right path. Viers brought the teacup to her lips, trying to find a way to not look like an over-excited child.

Eyes peered around to the others, Violet seemed to have suddenly changed her tone - it was odd, and she wondered if her peers' words. "I'm glad you'll be joining us, Violet - I promise to watch your back; we'll do this together." Viers gave the other padawan a wide smile as she continued to try and inspire her companion.

Another face entered the room, and Viers recognized him as one of the Masters that wandered the enclave's halls. She had never spoken to him, but it would be a good idea to try and learn something while he was here.

Pouring the Jedi Master a cup of tea, she offered it to him. "Hello, Master Graves." The young padawan, still riding the high of offering her blade to the New Jedi Order, felt a little shaky as she gave him the cup. She was giddy and excited. "Do you have any inspiring war stories about the Jedi of the old Alliance or even the Republic from when the Galaxy was coming out of the dark ages?" Her face was bright as she was fully prepared to hang off his every word.

Vexander decided to take a seat at the warm welcome everyone did to him... he expected the worst based on his little tantrum not that long ago. But he was quite glad that the Jedi around seemed quite eager in discussion to leave that into the oblivion.

As he took a seat he noticed Viers Connory Viers Connory who seemed more excited that the ones around... she poured some cup of tea and then asked for him to tell some "inspiring" war stories.

The man took a moment, to sit down, think about the past and just drink a sip from his tea... the hot beverage passed all the way to his belly... and that sensation brought a few images from back in the day, but he didn't know if they were glorious and inspiring stories; he just knew that perhaps he could tell something of use to all of them about war and where they were all heading into.

"I am not a man of heroic feats... but I have been in big battles. Still, I have learned in different ways from all of them" the man took a sip from his tea and tasted the liquid in his mouth for a bit "I could tell you of the Enslavement of the Togorians by Sith Emperor Kaine Zambrano... where I defeated Thyrian Ashborn in combat..." The man scratched the back of his neck and smirked a bit "...but what you can call a success... it was just a single Sith and, we lost that battle" He then remembered another one "Or I could tell you about the Defense against the Graug Forces in the Razing of Coruscant.. We defended the Jedi Temple and we actually emerged victorious at that time... but the Republic is no more so what good was it?" The man crossed his left arm across his chest and caressed his beard with the right one while his elbow rested on his left arm "Or perhaps the Bloodbath in Valen IV where we allied with the Mandalorians and the Protectorate against The Sith Empire and the Lords of the Fringe... but that was a bloodbath and there is nothing glorious about that" The man crossed his leg and then grinned a bit.

"What I'll tell you instead, is about the Liberation efforts of Yadrid under the command of the Grand Master of the Order Selena Halcyon" At that moment, Vex took a slight breath of air and tried to organize his thoughts with the best of his abilities, there was much to tell for sure about that specific battle.

"Back when the Republic was booming, the Jedi Order was spearheading a lot of the Republic expansion, and it was normal for the Jedi Teams to land on a planet and send diplomatic envoys across the planet and the system to bring them to our cases. In most cases, they were completely peaceful, and Grand Master Halcyon was quite good at communication" Vexander eyes went across the room to all those present, to feel their interest and see if he was any good at storytelling "As usual, we were divided in 7 teams, all of them with different objectives around the planet. I don't recall the precise team I was assigned to but I was around there with my Master, Syn Syn " The man turned his head a bit remembering the good times he had while training with him "So anyway, first thing we knew is that explosions started to happen in the city where we landed... and many where instantly wounded. The diplomatic efforts turned to be rescue efforts... and we had to find the culprit. It turns out, that a single Darksider by the name of Eldoc Quasat Eldoc Quasat was behind the whole ordeal... and he had a hospital hostage" Such action actually made him stop and lick his lips in disdain at such action "He... just didn't care... perhaps he was no Sith, but that was just despicable..." The man's demeanor changed a bit and he quickly took another sip of tea to leave that bitter taste from his mouth "...still, he was over his head and faced many Jedi on that same day. He understimated us... but I... I understimated him" The man straightned out in his chair and just took a different position on the chair without his legs crossed "You see, the idea of going into teams is always to have some sort of backup. However, some young Padawan always thought that it was a good idea to go on his own swinging the lightsaber..." the man did a motion up i n the air but without his hilt on his hand "...like if he was some knight in shining armor... what you don't get is that there is a reason why you need to follow instructions... This little Padawan who thought highly of him just went ahead to engage the darksider who was wounded... but had a lot more experience than him... and during the battle... he took a nasty scar right on his ankle" The man raised his lost foot and pulled the boot a bit to show that right above the ankle, he was wearing a prostetic foot "After the battle, I stood all the way until the whole liberation was completed and they settled their differences with the dissidents and unfortunately, the darksider just escaped after all the damage... the planet came under Republic Jurisdiction and everything ended up well".

The man then smiled one last time and reached for his cup of tea, but this time, he didn't take a sip but he actually swallowed all the liquid in the cup leaving nothing around. Then he placed the cup in the table and looked at Viers Connory Viers Connory to see if she could treat him again with some more tea

"My point here is... the NJO is bound to have many fights like the ones I have been. There will be war and as Jedi we have a duty to stand against the darkness that might come looming. I'll surely be around to fight alongside all of you... but still... select your battles carefully, follow directions and trust in the Force. Just don't go over your head like I did and I know you all will prevail no matter the odds"

The ephemeral flash of emerald across Violet's eyes as she 'swore' into the cause did not go unnoticed but his youth foolishly ignored it. It registered in his mind only briefly before fading away forsaken. As Viers sought to inspire her, Dagon tenderly squeezed Violet's shoulder before dropping his hand down back to his hip. Master Graves' arrival taking the group's attention.

Dagon ambled away back on his seat next to Viera, slumping into it. Mental and physical exhaustion weighting him down, his attention to the Master Graves' tales sporadic at best. He needed some time of brief relaxation where his mind was blank before he departed to follow the rest of the New Jedi back to Coruscant. Nonetheless, Vexander's stories mostly echoed what he had read. They threw him back to the comfort and unburdened past in the libraries of the Jedi Temple where he would read and read until his eyes shut.

When Master Graves finished, the padawan staggered back up on his feet. He finished the tea that had grown lukewarm, then said: "I need to go." he set the empty cup down on the table, he glanced at each one of the women, "We'll be seeing each other soon." a small smile forced itself on his face through the pain and trouble. Turning heel to leave, Dagon nodded to Master Graves in passing, "I hope to see you there, too, Master." and with that, Dagon Kaze left the Enclave to return back to the capital.

/exit

Violet Horne Violet Horne | Viers Connory Viers Connory | Viera Viera | Vexander Graves Vexander Graves

FOUR Vs??

Melinda nodded sadly to the sentiment Tom Kovack expressed.

"It made a Sister I love dearly give up on the Jedi. She tried to help people, but got caught up in the War and chose her conscience over loyalty. They call her a psychopath and a traitor. But all it boils down to her being simply unable to agree with the NJO. And she could never fully trust the GA when its so in bed with the NIO." Melinda explained to him quietly, but chose to elaborate no further.

"It makes me question myself a lot also."

(Cutaway of Melinda feeding non-lethally on various Dark Jedi with her sisters.)

"You can feel like you have a purpose all you want, but then the Galaxy doesn't feel like letting up with its wars."

(Cutaway of the Io Sisters violently carving apart Sith Warriors to the horror of surrounding NIO stormtroopers)

"And if someone you care for picks pragmatism over ideals...what can you do?"

(Cutaway of the Io Sisters petting rabbits with Laertia)

Melinda sighed.

"Me and my Sisters are doing about the same as you. Melissa has taken recent events the hardest of us..." the Westenra Copy added.

He's cute...the Copy thought idly. He would look comfortable investigating a supernatural murder of some kind. Or awakening a sleeper to avenge The Duke Leto.

"Y'know, Tom, as long as you are staying here, you wanna train with me and my Sisters some time later? We're relatively new here and we might as well get to know a friendly face...to be honest, I think it would help us all...Melissa...hasn't been doing too well since we publicly denounced our Sister...put her in quite a depression..."

Tom Kovack

T
Tom smiled. “Sure, I’d be happy to. I haven’t had much combat training, though not for lack of trying. The Silvers set me up with three different masters, and all of them either ghosted me or it just didn’t work out. I’m one of those students who got his lightsaber crystal on a field trip to Ilum months ago, but still doesn’t have a lightsaber because they never bothered to teach me how to build one, if you know what I mean.”

The meeting seemed to have wound down, with people leaving the enclave or moving on to other things. Despite all that had happened, Tom felt better about himself than he had in a long time. Maybe major factions just weren’t his thing. Maybe it wasn’t meant to be. Either way, he had something he hadn’t had when he left the halls of the NJO Temple on Coruscant: hope.

“If you’ll excuse me, I left my baby sister in a hot starship for fear that things might become violent here. She’s got the air conditioner running and plenty of water, of course, along with a droid bodyguard—can’t afford to leave children unattended when the NJO are around.” He stood up and started toward the door, turning to wave to Melinda. “See you later.”

Outside, he shielded his eyes from Jakku’s blazing sun as he made his way to the enclave’s makeshift parking lot. He tramped up the ramp of an old exploration vessel, paused at the top to gulp down iced tea (the short walk from building to ship was hot enough to melt all the ice), then called out, “Miri! You can come out now. It’s safe.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom