Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public So, You Got Somethin' to Say? [Open to the Jakku Jedi Enclave]

Vexander clearly didn't know what he was getting himself into. The whole situation had a lot of backstory and he hasn't been around to get a good grip on feelings, ways of thinking or the whole situation that was stirring up at this very moment in front of him.

When a redheaded padawan greeted him, he just smiled at her and nodded since she was one of the few that replied to him. But slowly, his attention was diverted completely as people began to voice their opinions. Vex's demeanor from the joyful greetings to other brothers and sisters to something more serious. He crossed his arms and then just listened to what everyone had to say and to understand what was exactly happening that had everyone on the tip of their toes.

The one that had arrived, the one that seemed to be generating the tension for some reason was Ryv Ryv , the current Sword of the Jedi within the NJO. Vex haven't meet the guy until now, but something happened that caused him to be some sort of unwelcomed. For some reason, at one point, the man just turned over to Vex and he just said a few words and offered a fistbump to Vex.

Vex raised his eyebrow "I don't know what your definition of badass is, but I am sure I don't fall under that category" with that being said, he raised his hand and returned the fistbump to the man, with a smirk on his mouth he continued "Oh... we will talk..." he dragged his words a bit and talked slowly marking every one of them "but before we do that in another setting, I'll have listen to what this whole craziness is all about... I haven't been around for too long to understand each side... or why you are here for that matter"

New Jedi were joining in to the conversation, situation went as far as letting a punch fly straight to Ryv Ryv 's nose... When that happened, Vex just moved his head back like if he was punched as well Wait a minute... nobody could foresee that? he thought... They were far too deep into the conversation and getting their minds clouded to even be able to predict that... or they all felt it and thought it was a good idea for him to take it?. Either way, he was now bleeding and in an instant, the perpetuator of the act was gone... perhaps for the best since she was walking through a dark path letting her anger run wild.

The Master's thoughts were dwelling all over the place, trying to piece them all together like a jigzaw puzzle... sometimes he felt that he had to say or do something, but he didn't have the authority of the knowledge to say anything. However, some of the pieces resonated stronger than others in his mind. Before he could say anything... a few of the ones present advocated for further conversation over a cup of tea... but for some reason this sounded like something that had to be dealt with with a bottle of corellian ale... still, Vex thought that it was a good idea.

"Having a cup of tea and discussing things out is the best thing to do for sure..." he said turning over hoping to prepare his own ginger and lemon tea "...things are getting quite un-Jedi like around here as it is... perhaps the tea will help"

Romi Jade Romi Jade | Ryv Ryv | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Aelys | Violet Horne Violet Horne | Viera Viera | Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely | Tom Kovack | Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire | Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

She looked to Aaran, "Oh trust, you'll be receiving many letters for every incident until it's handled if you haven't noticed. I can promise you that."

There was no blame being placed on every individual member of NJO for the actions of a few -- the lack of accountability was the catalyst. It caused a domino effect that then went on to affect everyone else regardless of action of affiliation. She was hoping this was getting across. As she mentioned earlier, every decision sends echoes...

She shook her head.

"No. We, don't get to say, that's just war and shrug it off. We're Jedi. And, quite frankly we're more alike than you think Ryv. Making sound decisions has nothing to do with your level of skill or strength in the Force; that's an excuse. You assume we had guidance...that there was some sort of blue print left behind for us to follow. I, was right where you were some years ago. I spent more time on the front than I did anywhere else."

She held for a moment, paced forward a bit.

"Coren, and I and many many others decided to thrust ourselves into a war we thought others refused to partake in...sound familiar? This isn't some sort of new path you believe you're walking. Just some several several odd years ago we were gathering who and what we could to fight the beginning of the beast you're busy with now. This is maybe the second or third Sith Empire in recent history? Not to count the many sects that have sprouted up in the wake of another. We've all been busy helping in the ways we see fit. Hell, I've joined the Alliance personally on several occasions. I've been on your side."

She exhaled what air she'd been holding.

"If you want our help Ryv, start with having those who were responsible go through the Trial of Recommitment, beckon them to pay their debt to society and recommit to the Jedi way in order to return to service. Seek rehabilitation. Then, apologize to Quil--

Kyra had spoken for her. Jade's head whipped around and she sought to interject words where she thought they'd fit -- they didn't

She threw out an arm to establish an imaginary line between them and her and when her arm was yank -- "Kyra!"

Cotan chimed in, and what he had to offer was fair.

Sigh

Then Ryv.

"Okay...okay..."

Then Kyra.

"Alrig--" Kyra's arm flung past her and hit him in the face.

She got silent. Entirely silent. She lowered her head.

"I just wrote a karking letter...asking...that this place remain neutral, and a safe space. I literally just suspended a student for enacting violence within these halls. Then, you all go and poke and prod at one another like kids? And for what? THIS is the echo, the domino effect of letting things boil over. So now we've had students and non students engaging in violence; incited or not."

Her chest burned. But she was calm; cold.

"I told you what you should do. Do it. I'd like for you all to finish whatever it is you've got left to do and leave."

At that point she took her leave.

(My exit <3)

Ryv Ryv
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
Aelys
Violet Horne Violet Horne
Viera Viera
Tom Kovack
Rose Ann Lovely Rose Ann Lovely
Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire
Viers Connory Viers Connory
Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor
Vexander Graves Vexander Graves
Jerek Morrows Jerek Morrows
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku
Westenra Mina Westenra Mina
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

@Others?? idk so many of you.

Last edited:

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
The Force was a turbulent sea of emotions.

He expected this from a tavern on Coruscant, or the bustling markets of Corellia; but this was a Jedi place. What troubled him more was not simply that the Alliance Jedi came expecting answers- expecting anything at all, from those who owed them nothing- but also that the Jedi within responded poorly.

These were notes that he placed as an aside to the main purpose of his visit. It seemed that everyone was well acquainted with the man he was looking for, even though no one wanted to give up his location. Understandable, given the new information that a Padawan of the New Jedi Order apparently assaulted the Master. What troubling times they lived in, honestly.

He'd just watched a Knight from this Enclave do no different to Ryv Karis. It wasn't something he was going to simply allow, but also, this wasn't the time to take the necessary actions. Intervention only seemed to exacerbate the situation.

With his scans of the communications complete, he stepped out from the suite and pocketed his datapad. "Ryv Karis," he called out to the bleeding man with a smile on his face. "Perhaps the best recourse for this day is reflection. I have no intention of calling on your Order to do any sort of atonement for its actions, and it is presumptuous of these men and women on Jakku to expect anything of you," he spoke gently, allowing his soothing voice to take on the calmness of the light.

"But the same can be said for you and yours. It has not been long since Commenor, and the wounds of the Silver Jedi still fester from your scathing review. I can appreciate the effort to hold the Jedi at large accountable to its actions, but the fact remains, we are separated by many different, conflicting points of view. What you see as problematic, is different from what Master Quill sees. It is the same for Masters Heavenshield, Jade, and many others."

He gestured toward Cotan. "If you wish, I am sure that Cotan would be agreeable to serving some tea, but I must implore you for the health of the Jedi, simply to let these things go. They have no power over you, and like as not, neither do you over them. A Jedi craves not these things, my friend, and we are better off without them."

Jerek looked to the others present, their distaste and outright disgust evident. "Embody the light for these struggling few," he told the man, "and set the example to put aside this argument in favor of cooler heads. There are many enemies that rightfully deserve your contempt, and you will have ample opportunity to confront them.

Trust that I will fulfill my own duty to the Jedi, and unearth any darkness that has taken root within. You need not tarnish the Sword of the Jedi with the dealings of Shadows."

Ryv Ryv

rose looked confused that she was being addressed as well. she was always trying to better her self and offered to help Ryv she at no point tried to deal with anything he spoke of. was it her feeling of panic when her master had been hurt? was that not normal. she pondered this for a moment. she exhaled slowly looking back to her master awaiting his answer. her puzzlement faded away as she ignored the others and allowed herself to sink into her own personal sea of calm.

(sorry its short busy.)

"Tea? A single malt would be nicer."

Julius watched Romi go, then looked at Ryv Ryv with perhaps the balliest comment yet.

"I like you. You remind me of me. But keep up that emo edge and I'll give you the same talk I do my son. You want better? Be better. No excuses. No statement of intention with empty words. Don't speak, do. A Sword isn't beautiful because it looks pretty. It's useful because it cuts. That is our role. Do remember it"

With that, he smiled and waved to all.

"Drinks in the kitchen, if I can find it."

Aelys

A
"Number two," Aelys murmured before shooting a glance off to Ryv Ryv .

"Second time we... You, get insulted for asking for help." Aelys snorted, shaking his head. Their brief stint on Commenor had been a similar event, but the hosting Jedi of Jakku had been much more hostile. They should've expected it, Aelys thought in hindsight. Last time they had brought almost half the New Jedi Order, this time they brought... Four. Suppose it was less the numbers and more the fact they didn't want to be responsible. "These older generations of Jedi are useless. They don't want to help the next generation. It's us fighting the battle that they ran away from. We don't have to listen to a damned thing they have to say."

"They don't get to tell you how to do things when they weren't there. And you don't get to blame yourself. Not for any of it."

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
"Take care," Jerek cautioned quietly, "not to hear only your own voice echoed on the wind." He regarded Aelys with a smile and a slight but respectful nod. "Should you not wish to place stock in the effects of Master Jade or her fellows, that is your prerogative; but hurry to burn every bridge and you will find those who would otherwise help you unable to cross treacherous waters in your time of greatest need."

Jerek took no sides in this battle, because his duties were to the collective Jedi. Every day it seemed, a wedge drove all of the various Enclaves and Orders at Large further apart. It was a sad state of affairs in truth, but the likelihood that they would ever unify drifted further from view. All things came to their end, whether glorious or tragic. The Shadow could not tell what the future held for the Jedi, but what he did know was that in each of them, their hearts were in the right place.

They need only cultivate the seeds for the garden to flourish, "You will never see eye to eye when you face away, and knowledge is born of communication. Understanding comes when you set aside your prejudices and hold out your hand. Take this away from my words, young man," he said, neither aware of the Padawan's name or his rank. "Do not cast judgment so readily, or seek to condemn others for their differences. Leave the follies of the ones who think to build Empires and Republics to them. Justice is not for us Jedi. We seek only Peace."

From the emotions swirling the room now, he anticipated an unfavorable response; but he would nonetheless say what needed to be said. "You are not wrong to fight the darkness," he said to them all, to the New Jedi Order members who had gathered, "but when fighting monsters, take care that you do not become one yourself."

Vexander heard a young Padawan speak up... and things were already cooling down a bit after Romi Jade Romi Jade left and now that they were going to talk it off with a cup of tea... something he said made the corellian Jedi Master just turn around and look at direction where those words were coming from.

"Useless you say?" His words were not as kind as the last time when he greeted the young man that he now recognized from before "We don't want to help the next generation?" The man got closer to the young Padawan "You are getting the help in front of your eyes and you don't see it. This place is a sanctuary for you to GET HELP through training... if we all go to war who do you think will teach you to stand against a Sith? or agaisnt the Bryn'adûl? Or the other dangers that threaten innocent people?" Vexander stopped for a moment and took a deep breath through his nose, he was talking quite a strong voice but his demeanor seemed quite collected... he was just trying to make a point "These Jedi here have been fighting wars for decades... some of them have lost everything over and over and over again and they know that the best option at this moment is to use their knowledge so that you have what you need to use the Force in a way that would honor the Jedi Code"

At that moment, the bearded man turned over to Ryv Ryv "After what has happened in the past, you can't expect for all the Jedi to follow you and go to war... some of us will and we will be ready when we need to make our stand... but I don't speak for all the Masters and students in this Enclave... and that is something that needs to be crystal clear. If they want to focus their attention in contemplation of the Force and teach others to do it, they need to be allowed to follow that path"

Aelys |

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
The Sword had done enough talking throughout this endeavor. It reached a point where he couldn't ignore the throbbing headache born of the day's events. Things always seemed to go wrong, even when he tried his damndest to make them go right. Hell, it probably spoke volumes about his leadership, more than any naysayer could. He reached up and wiped some of the blood off of his face, uncaring of the dark stain now forever immortalized on his glove.

"Man," Ryv grumbled. "Auteme is gonna be so pissed off when she sees my face."

He chuckled and turned away from the other Jedi. They continued to speak, intent on being heard. Everyone had something to say. Padawan, Knight, Master, it didn't matter the rank or claim. Folks who had a voice wanted to use it. Ryv didn't much blame them. He was the same way throughout his life. When you believed in something passionately enough, you had to say something. He didn't fault any of them for what they had to say. From Romi to Julius, their experiences demanded an audience. It just sucked he and his apprentice's wound up their audience as the day winded to an end. He moved towards the two at his back and offered an apologetic smile.

"Sorry I dragged you both out here," he looked between Aelys and Rose sheepishly. "I thought things would go better, but I let you guys down again. Better we just call it here, make our way back home, and link up with the others. Always more work to be done."

Ryv didn't even look Westenra's way at her taunting. He recognized the intent behind the rhetoric. Nothing she said inspired a desire to change or become better. Everything started to blur together at that point: the faces and names, the words spoken, and the intent behind them.

Another Jedi Knight came forward, this one cryptic, probably unnecessarily so. Ryv just nodded along to the older Jedi. There was wisdom there. Buried somewhere beneath the flowery speech and closeted loneliness. One of these days, the Sword would have to seek the Shadow out and see what he could glean from his mind. Likely more than he could get from most of the others who spoke.

He offered Viera a shake of the head. "I appreciate it, but I only let one person heal me. It's uh- a trust thing, I think."

What a dumb excuse. Not much of a surprise given who said it. The kiffar just gave Julius a thumbs up. Ryv overlooked Velxander, the kiffar's attention drawn to his apprentice's words. Rose seemed close by, too. She reminded him of Loske. Always quick to shoulder his burdens when he stumbled. Funny, Aelys reminded him of Maynard for similar reasons. Mostly the trust. Throw in the tenacity it took to stand by the Sword against a galaxy that condemned him, and you wound up with the makings of a family. His family.

"Thanks, Aelys. You're a better padawan than I deserve," he looked to Rose. "You too, Rose. I'm glad you were willing to take the chance with me," Ryv smiled, intent on easing his apprentices' concerns. While he couldn't blame him for his beliefs or her for the confusion, it wouldn't be worth it to make something else out of nothing. Kyra managed to do that well enough without any help. Unfortunately, someone had to hear Aelys. Typical.

Ryv turned to face Vexander Graves, a hand guiding Aelys behind the Jedi Knight. The bloodied, bruised, and exhausted kiffar said nothing to the Master. He stared him dead in the eyes, Ryv's face a mask of bloody stoicism. Even as Vex spoke, Ryv stood unflinching, entirely unfazed by each syllable uttered by the elder Jedi. It was only after he went quiet that Ryv turned away, placed a hand on each of his apprentice's shoulders, and corralled them in the direction of the turbolift.

"C'mon, Luc, Dagon, Aaran, we're gonna grab Hutta Burger on the way home, my treat," Ryv called over his shoulder. "They're runnin' a deal on shakes!"

Another day would come when the polarizing Sword of the Jedi would stand at the forefront of another such meeting. Luckily for him, this day was coming to a close, and he'd be able to find a moment of peace with those people most important to him.

Last edited:
"Why am I not surprised he cannot answer?" Meleena asked Melissa quietly as Ryv Ryv totally ignored Melinda's question.

"Because he's invested too much in making his bed with the NIO..." Melissa whispered back quietly. "I wouldn't expect a clear answer from him at this point. Especially after that fething disaster at Ziost. How many Jedi were lost?"

"As many as he can live with for his victory..." Melinda whispered.

"There's something a wise man said to me once..." Melissa muttered, watching him go a grab a burger with his friends like nothing mattered. "When you become obsessed with the enemy...you become the enemy."

"He's not our problem. He's the problem of You-Know-Who..." Meleena warned Melissa in reference to Laertia.

"I dunno about anyone else here..." Melissa muttered out loud. "But I for one think it is foolish to have anything more than temporary Alliance with the NIO. I believe they will betray us because they are Imperials, and Imperials always want it all at the end of the day. I refuse to sell my soul to the Iron Sun the way many have to spite the Sith. This 'partnership' with them is doomed to collapse...because either no true democracy can abide Imperialism forever, or no true Imperialism can tolerate long an alternative to itself within spitting distance. I'm going to laugh when this partnership blows up in your face, Ryv Ryv . Long and hard..."

Melissa then departed to go seek out spare quarters to be alone in. Much of what she said was caused by denouncing her Sister, and it had started to take such a severe toll on her cognitive processes that a normally nice person was becoming extremely jaded and bitter and having a harder and harder time controlling it.

"Stormtroopers occupied our world once..." Meleena explained simply to everyone present before departing to further examine Melissa for further belligerence...leaving Melinda among the rest of the gathering.

"It was a legit question..." Melinda muttered awkwardly. "But yeah, we've had it in for Stormtroopers for pretty much years now. This whole 'partner' thing feths all that up...I'll never call a stormtrooper an ally. I'd rather get eaten by a Krayt Dragon..."

The Thrysian turned around hearing Violet’s voice, gaze shifting around until they landed on her. Violet’s words lingering for a moment, until the realization struck Viera and she turned back around to look between Rose and Ryv.

Oh!” She chuckled sheepishly, cheeks burning red slightly as she understood her mistake. Viera nodded at Ryv’s words, not entirely believing them but knew the young man had his reasons, everyone did. “Understandable, thank you for coming.

It was spoken to Ryv, but also addressed to those that had arrived with him, Aelys, Aaran and Rose.

She winced at Romi’s words, cold the delivery might have been, but the words burned all the same. Viera knew they weren’t exactly aimed at her, but the young woman felt some measure of guilt just from association.

Viera sighed quietly, stepped aside so the redhead could heal her Master. She turned on her heels and walked over to where Violet was now, standing with Dagon, who seemed a tad conflicted in whether he wanted to remain or head out with Ryv and the others.

You picked one hell of a time to visit, Violet.

She offered the young woman a warm smile, before looking at Dagon. “You sticking around for some tea, or?” Viera inclined her head towards the turbolift Ryv and his fellow Jedi were heading.

It would appear a few others were sticking around too, though not necessarily for tea in Julius’ case.

Dagon near inaudibly sucked his teeth and let out a sigh as the altercation winded down; their plea for help and amends had fallen on deaf ears. The burning anguish in his throat subsided under a cold shower of disappointment. It was what it was. Aelys voiced his opinion, met by a retort from Master Greaves but that also winded down as Ryv's visible exhaustion pulled them away to leave. The deal on shakes at Hutta Burger was enticing but he wanted to stay for one cup of tea before he departed back with his fellow New Jedi.

"You sticking around for some tea, or?" Viera asked him.

He replied with a nod at her, then at the trio of fellow Jedi leaving, "Don't wait on me, I will stay for a short cup of tea." he nodded at them, a confident look in his eyes. There was something he had to do. Something he needed to do. "I will see you guys back on Coruscant." or the front. The gruesome image of war lashed out at his mind but he tamed it down hard.

"Let's get inside, see what's so special about this tea." Dagon gave both Violet and Viera a lopsided smirk, then silently groaned as the pain of his wounds resurfaced across his bandaged torso. It seemed every day he was taking a battering; he had full confidence in his physique to resist but his mind...therein lied the issue.

The smirk receded, replaced by a tightened jaw and a flame of conviction in his eyes. One ignited after the events on Ziost, that cathartic duel with his own blood brother.

"I need to talk with you two about something."

Viera Viera | Violet Horne Violet Horne

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Viera Viera

Small.

That is how she felt watching these giants argue against one another.

What did one Padawan (barely one at that) matter compared to these war heroes, Jedi Masters and old guardians? She didn't have any titles to her name, no fields of battle she cut her teeth on. Just a record of being a pretty good scout for an organization that no longer existed. And Violet hadn't even been there, when the OPA had collapsed.

you were working on greater things

Somehow Violet doubted that, even if she couldn't remember.

"Um. Sure?" Looking at Ryv Ryv moving one way, Romi Jade Romi Jade to the other. It felt like a chasm had deepened even more. How could the Jedi ever defeat the Sith, the Bryns, if they couldn't even bridge a divide like this? "What do you want to talk about, Dee?" She followed Viera into the tea room, since the other woman was of higher rank here.

Violet was just a visitor.

"I was thinking just that. What a time to visit." She shook her head and chuckled as she went to pour them cups of tea. "You always hear of 'history in the making', but once you are in the room where it happens..."

Dry tone.

"It's one war hero being punched in the face by another Jedi."

Rose looked to her master thinking. "you did not let me down Ryv Ryv but you let the others down I think. you have proven to me that you are a great jedi and deserve everything. I would follow you to the end of the galaxy." she watched him face the other Jedi. He was broken and beaten despite the face he put on. She could not help feel that he looked pathetic. the words crept into her mind. How many times had she been called pathetic? perhaps she really was.

"i couldn't even stop it. i couldn't stop her or you from just taking such a hit. It may have fixed the situation to a point but you humiliated yourself. if anyone should feel like that. Anyone should have been punched by a padawan like that, it should be me! I'm the new member here. why do you do what you do?"

she felt his hand on her shoulder and gently brushed him off she wasn't in the mood for that. though she did follow.

"I don't want any i feel too sick from what happened."

she sighed folding her arms across her chest looking at the ground.

"I said you were a good man but you're also crazy. guess it comes with the job."

Viera offered them a smile, before leading the way deeper into the Enclave. Though she did turn her head at the sound of Dagon pained groans, “are you going to need some healing too?” She raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what his answer would be. It seemed like Dagon got thrown into some battle or skirmish every other day.

A short walk led them to their destination, a sizable but comfy tea room. Viera took a seat along with Dagon, while Violet occupied herself with the tea itself.

It’s not just about them being Jedi...I mean it’s not a good thing to have division within the Order either way. But…” Viera paused as she thought on her words, caught up in so much that she hadn’t given Dagon long enough to bring up what he wanted to talk about.

They’re individuals, both tempered by the fires of war, made malleable and reforged into something different. Both of them are at opposing ends too. With Ryv, you have someone who's practically the poster child of the NJO, their Sword. A leader who is meant to guide them into battles, sending fellow Jedi to their potential deaths. It’s a tremendous amount of responsibilities, and an insurmountable weight on his shoulders.” Another pause, this time to take a sip of her tea. “With Kyra, it’s...I don’t particularly know her well, whether she’s just as active on the warfront as Ryv. But she’s been affected by it all the same, different shade of pain but still because of the war between Jedi and Sith; Light and Dark. It’s hurt her family dearly, if what was said was anything to go by. And it’s turned her pain and fury towards those she feels responsible, the New Jedi Order.

Not to mention the added factor of her using spice as a comfort vice. That was never not going to lead to a violent result.

Realizing silence had fallen after she had stopped, Viera looked up and towards Violet and Dagon. A heartbeat later and her eyes widened, realizing that she had completely gone off on a ramble before he could actually bring up what he wanted to talk about.

Sorry!” She said, cheeks burning with embarrassment as she looked away. “I got a bit carried away.” This time she took a bigger sip of her tea, trying to calm her nerves. “What did you want to talk about?

c506a8b15876e0fc5aa799a848f8314c479b5891.png

//: Viera Viera //: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze //: Violet Horne Violet Horne //:
Viers_Sabers.png
Everything happened in what felt like a blink of an eye. Things were tense when Viers had stepped foot into the room, but then it quickly escalated. First Kyra, then Romi explains what had happened, and finally the punch and what felt like a banishment of the New Jedi Order from the Enclave. Viers had stood there for the entire thing. Her face finding its way into the loose collar of her shirt in an attempt to hide. Everything died down, and she was left with more questions than answers.

Mostly, where Thalia had gone. The Masters and Knights dispersed, Viers wiggling her chin from her collar and looking towards her droid friend who had finally decided to crawl out of her hood. “Yeah, this is a bit messy…”

Without Thalia, Viers felt more alone at the Enclave than before. Even then, the girl was mostly an acquaintance than a friend. Those were a bit harder to come by. Taking a few deep breaths, she calmed her erratic heart rate and finally noticed the few familiar faces. She had seen them both at the lessons - the same lessons she failed miserably. Maybe that kind of force manipulation wasn’t her forte. Either way, she wandered up with them and followed for tea.

Upon hearing Dagon mention he wanted to talk to the two women, Viers paused and wondered if she was intruding on something private. It felt like everyone else around her was good at connecting to each other while she was more inclined to talk to droids and other mechanical beings. Don’t be weird. She quietly told herself as he stepped a little closer, coming up behind Viera and Violet. She caught bits and pieces of what the knight had spoken about about Ryv and the other blonde woman. “Mind if I join you guys?” Viers hesitated but soon took a seat near Viera. If they dismissed her - she could at least get a cup of tea before heading back into the workshop.

“Have you guys been on the front much?” Nerves started to get the best of her; everyone here seemed so conditioned for war - while she, on the other hand, only survived a more recent Bryn attack by hiding.

"What do you want to talk about, Dee?"

"are you going to need some healing too?"

Dagon shook his head, "I am fine, thank you. Most are just bruises anyway." He had purposefully ignored Violet's question, preferring to talk about it when they sat down, had at least a sip and cleared their minds a bit from the altercation a minute ago.

The padawan took a seat beside Viera and listened silently to both as they expressed their views on the situation. His own musings crossing his mind but opting to keep them within. He wasn't familiar with Kyra's own struggles and Viera's take on them sounded fairly viable. The dealings of the Jedi were never easy. It was a lesson he had learned, unfortunately, very quickly. Too quickly. He remembered the moment when Ryv had raised his sword as a rallying beacon against the encroaching darkness, sharp tongues like daggers were quick to strike from behind the safe walls of the temple. He remembered when he had accompanied the Sword along with the rest of the New Jedi Order to ask the Silver Assembly what exactly had undergone on Dantooine; Dagon's childhood stories of the legendary Master Heavenshield shattering to glass at the man's admission of siding with the Dark Lord. He remembered their return from Korriban, from Ziost - young they went, old they came back. Broken, beat and scarred.

Yet, unyielding.

To do what was right.

"Sorry! I got a bit carried away." a flash of red crossing her dark cheeks. He shook his head smiling, "No,no - don't worry about it."

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I--"

"Mind if I join you guys?" a familiar voice reached his ears, and Dagon looked its source - Viers. She had been part of the Waveform group. Part of the pilgrimage to the Order of Shasa on Manaan; there, where they had all bonded in a way like a small coterie. ​

A different time, perhaps even a different life.​

"Go ahead, get yourself a cup of tea and sit with us." he replied, a gentle smile on his face. Speaking of tea, he had completely forgotten to try it himself. ​

His dry mouth welcomed the cautious sip.​

"Have you guys been on the front much?”​

Dagon took another sip of the rejuvenating beverage, this time nearly burning his tongue, then set the cup down on the coffee table.

He took in a nearly inaudible deep breath, his eyes gazing at the ground for a bit before he leaned forward and glanced at each one of them.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." the Jedi sighed, the wounds coming back to life but he gave no indication of so. Steeling his nerves and drawing out a serious voice, he continued.

"This...war. It's a war against the Sith as much as it is against...ourselves. Within. The dark side...it's strong. Korriban, Ziost, all worlds scarred to their core with it. Its corruption is merciless. It--it...it took my brother and left nothing of him." beneath the dried out tears throbbing at the back of his eyes, an empyrean flame sparked to life, "And it will not rest until we put it to rest."

He took another painful, deep breath, then, "Not long from now we will be returning there. To strike deep, again, into the heart of the Sith. To do what we must for the galaxy but I am not sure we can make it alone. We are few and we are on the verge but we will not, no - we cannot walk away."

"We need your help--I need your help. I need you to come with us. You, Kaska, Okkeus."

"Help us do right. Helps us be better. Together we can."

Viera Viera Viers Connory Viers Connory Violet Horne Violet Horne

Tom Kovack

T
As everyone rapidly splintered off into their own little groups to talk amongst themselves, Tom considered moving around to watch and listen. He could bring his lawn chair with him, and the iced tea too. But seeing Melinda standing alone, looking awkward and forlorn, he decided to remain a little while longer.

"Well, the way I see it," he began. "Ryv doesn't actually have that much power, or at least not as much as you and your sisters seem to think. He's become the face of the NJO because he's got a, heh, a strong personality and he's very active in their affairs. But he's really more of a tool. The politicians and the bureaucrats in the GA use him as a weapon. That's why he's called the Sword of the Jedi. In fact, I bet you he'd admit it."

He pointed vaguely toward the door the others had gone through. "They're all being used as tools. Governments use Jedi as weapons to enforce their laws, fight their wars, heal their wounded. Not to go all psychoanalyst here, but I'd say too many Jedi base their worth on how useful they can be to others. It sounds like a good thing, but I'm not so sure it is, especially seeing all that's happening in the NJO and the SJ because of it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Melinda turned precisely to face Tom Kovack .

"I confess...our Sister had begun to feel much the same..." Melinda said, eyeing Kovack with pink irises, the faint violet glint at the center of her eyes reflecting Tom's face.

"The Politicians are happy enough to let us fight for their survival...but I cannot help but note the seeming discrepancy in the thinking behind this Alliance. What makes the NIO such a good partnership in the minds of these people? Is it simply the fact that they do not call themselves Sith? Is that all it takes for an Alliance to be satisfactory with them? The NIO are halfway there. Way I see it, especially Melissa, who is especially bitter over this...if they're halfway there, than there is nothing stopping them from going all the way down the road. I'm not against a temporary Alliance to fight our enemies...but a Triumvirate...you're just asking for the GA to be poisoned from within. Never trust a Stormtrooper not to follow orders. That's 'why' I'll never trust 'em."

Melinda sighed.

"But I'm new to all this...So this is the Jakku Enclave huh? The name's Io. Melinda Io..."

(Clip of Bond Theme Plays)

"Are you new here too? I have never been to a desert world...I'm more of a fan of places with lots of wildlife. Flowers. But every Jedi needs emergency shelter these days...I do agree, by the way, about how Jedi measure themselves on usefulness...and it does seem to cause problems in the long run..."

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Viera Viera Viers Connory Viers Connory

She waved lightly at Viers, before beginning to gently stir her tea.

"Careful, it's hot." She muttered right after burning her tongue. Ugh. That was gonna sting for the rest of the day. She didn't sit down with the rest of them, instead preferring to pace back and forth near the kitchenette. Still, Violet listened- first to Viera, then to Dagon. Only when he came to the crux of the matter did she stop pacing.

Growing very still indeed.

Even forgot her tea.

"Dee..." Brows furrowed there, watching him cautiously. "I... I sympathize it's hard on the New Jedi Order. You, Ryv, all of them, you are fierce warriors. You were trained for this." Violet grimaced. "I want to help, but I don't think... I can do anything? I am not a fighter like you."

Head gesture towards Viera.

"I can't heal like Viera can."

you can destroy Evil, you coward. this is our chance. don't walk away from it!

Violet set her jaw there.

"I am afraid I'd just get in the way and put you all in danger."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom