Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, what is up with all the "Darths" lately?

If you ask me, I'd call it pretentious.
So tell me guys. Why does every sith out of the cradle feel they deserve the title?
Because when I hear of a Darth I think of Darth Vader and Dooku and a few other badass's. Which, lets be honest, very few people can live up to these guys. So, whats up with all the Darths lately?

J3C0

J
Looking back this was incredibly sarcastic and kind of Mean so i edited the post.

Our faction is based off of Canon One Sith. In the One Sith when someone hits Knight level(Kind of) they are granted a Darth Name an example of this would be Darth Talon. She was by no means a Master but was granted the name Darth Talon so we assume that all Knight level people in the One Sith is granted a Darth Title. This holds true for our faction and since we mostly stick to the canon faction, every Knight and above takes on a Darth Name.

From what I understand those who take the Darth title do so because it's a symbol that they've abandoned whatever life they had before the Sith. It's kind of a right-of-passage title you earn. Some want to go with it some don't. I don't see the big deal if there are that many Darths out there.

Astrian Callus said:
If you ask me, I'd call it pretentious.
So tell me guys. Why does every sith out of the cradle feel they deserve the title?
Because when I hear of a Darth I think of Darth Vader and Dooku and a few other badass's. Which, lets be honest, very few people can live up to these guys. So, whats up with all the Darths lately?
Careful with casting stones. Unless you're prepared to give the other side ammo.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
To me "Darth" equals to being called "Knight" among Jedi, it just shows that you passed being an Apprentice/Padawan and you are full-fledged member of the faction.

At least that's how I understand it

Louise

here for your dad
Bit of sass going on in here, meow.

In addition to the canon elements, it's also symbolic. You're essentially casting off your old name, reborn in the eyes and image of Da Dahk Lawd. When you hit Knight you are officially christened, yo.

Not to mention, uniform just looks good.

Sigurd Loke

S
Someone never read Legacy.......

This is the second one of these threads I've seen and it's kinda disheartening. These sorta gripes with folks character choices used to be resigned to PM or skype.

I'm going to echo a few other people here and say if you have a problem with how other people RP or name their characters, keep it to yourself and just don't write with them. This site needs way less threads like these in my opinion. Save it for Skype.

Yeah... And like people said, it's a requirement of the One Sith. Indeed, maybe some people (maybe even me) don't deserve the title, but it's like saying, that somebody doesn't deserve their name. Would it be awesome if people just told you, that you shouldn't have the name because your character is so bad or you don't know how to write or something similar?

Um *raises hand over here* I have been told that I should have earned a Darth title, and yet I don't have one? I'm even a Sith lord in a Minor Faction and I don't have one. Just remember bro, start throwing stones and you are likely to be stoned. (no I do not mean high)

Alot of these people have actually earned it. @[member="Darth Arcis"], @[member="Jacen Cavill"], @[member="Darth Asmodea"], @[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Darth Nazari"] and many others I know to earn the title. If that tells you something, I know for sure that Arcis and Cavill have worked their butts off for that little five letter word to be put in front of some badass name. Hell, even @[member="Darth Malificete"], and @[member="Darth Tyrana"] have earned it! For us as a site, its a combination of IC and OOC traits that make people who they are. So to put it kinder than others have said, @[member="Astrian Callus"] "He who is without sin cast the first stone"

I bet you have thought about making a Darth character so don't deny when I say that others opinions change because of this.

mfw all these Darths I can burn
6362-markiplier-happy.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom