Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question So I'm Kind of New to Star Wars

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
Pushing past some medical issues I had in the past which resulted in me never knowing that it ever existed, Star Wars is very new to me. A new friend of mine introduced me to it and wanted me to watch the movies. I have so far watched Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I have also watched the Clone Wars and the newly added Season (I have watched the last season in proper time frames with Revenge of the Sith). I have only watched a few episodes of Rebels but I don't really want to invest in the newer stuff, however The Mandalorian has been really interesting, and apparently everyone is loving it. Yes - I haven't watched a single episode, but I'm preparing to. My friend then introduced me to this site, and the idea I had for a character is very small. I'm now thinking about my characters past and potential future.

So now onto my question, if you slugged through that paragraph above or wanted to just figure out what the question is...

I know next to nothing about Mandalorian culture. I found Wookieepedia and I have explored it a little. I know of the Taung, I know the Mandalorians went on this like, epic war crusade and kicked a lot of butts before they, kinda, didn't anymore. I know most nowadays are bounty hunters. But I'm thinking I want to go the way of the ancient Mandalorian traditions, the kind that lead the Mandalorian Wars. And surprisingly, I don't want to join Mandalorians for the series hype, my character has no family, and to have a sense of family to go to, and a family to go to her, would really help her break out of her broken spot. I want a sense of pride and conviction for my character, whether that means we go on an immoral crusade against the Jedi and Republic, or we fight the menace of the Sith, it doesn't matter to me. I enjoy the idea of answering the call of the Mand'alor.

I understand there are two organizations to play Mandalorian, but I don't know much about them, or how much they follow the old code. To be frank, I don't want to follow any code or tradition set after the New Mandalorian government.

What are the specific ideals really of both, and which is proper, and which could be potentially open to my character after she has tried to prove herself in the galaxy?

Death Watch and/or Mandalorian Union?

Milla Kryst

Hey there Milla Kryst Milla Kryst . I write a couple of Mandos, so I'll try and help ya. But the short answer is any Mando, site wise, would follow the Resul'nare. Other than that... there's a lot of open field to play. From farmers and medics to soldiers and bounty hunters.

Ah thank you, yeah I figured most would follow that, though my deeper intent is that I don't want to follow any "New Age" (a broad movement characterized by alternative approaches to traditional culture, with an interest in spirituality, mysticism, holism, and environmentalism) Mando-ism, I want the old, tough and gritty Mandalorian culture. I want to follow the Canons. I'm not saying the two organizations are "new age" but a problem I deal with is nystagmus. While a lot of lore is awesome, it's very hard to read.

Being someone that has written a mandalorian for two decades, i can honestly tell you that the "Culture" evolves from one sub group to another. Just like in Cannon as it is here. The Res'olnare seems to be vague and open to interpretation for which explains the differences between groups as would be natural for a Culture of nomadic beings spread throughout the galaxy. When you say the old, tough and Gritty mando culture, you are talking about the ways of the warriors/crusaders and such. Not the Hippy Peace totting New Mandalorians of the TV seriers clone wars. Tell you right now, for better or worse, I don't think any of the Chaos Mando Factions had ever been what could be considered the "New mandalorian" philosophy. One of the reasons why our home world keeps getting Yeeted.

Milla Kryst

Being someone that has written a mandalorian for two decades, i can honestly tell you that the "Culture" evolves from one sub group to another. Just like in Cannon as it is here. The Res'olnare seems to be vague and open to interpretation for which explains the differences between groups as would be natural for a Culture of nomadic beings spread throughout the galaxy. When you say the old, tough and Gritty mando culture, you are talking about the ways of the warriors/crusaders and such. Not the Hippy Peace totting New Mandalorians of the TV seriers clone wars. Tell you right now, for better or worse, I don't think any of the Chaos Mando Factions had ever been what could be considered the "New mandalorian" philosophy. One of the reasons why our home world keeps getting Yeeted.

Oh wow, you've been here a long time. I appreciate your insight to my question. I laughed when I read "hippy peace totting New Mandalorians," yeah, I mean understand what the new government was doing. Do you have any opinion on the two organizations? The Death Watch and the Union? If they are both good, do you think there'd be a conflict of interest if I wanted to join both?

You are allowed to join as many factions as you want. Joining both opens you up to more rp possiblities and mingling with more mando writers. Personally, i don't think there is a Conflict of interest. Mandalorian Union, like its many other predeccors of multiple different names, is just the major over arching Mando faction that is playing the map game and Death Watch is minor faction with their own spin.

Milla Kryst

You are allowed to join as many factions as you want. Joining both opens you up to more rp possiblities and mingling with more mando writers. Personally, i don't think there is a Conflict of interest. Mandalorian Union, like its many other predeccors of multiple different names, is just the major over arching Mando faction that is playing the map game and Death Watch is minor faction with their own spin.

Ah thank you, I was just meaning In-Character, would there be a conflict of interest, like if they are completely separate and if there would be complications or anything.

Can I ask about the faction you're in called Resol'nare?

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hi! I see that you're being looked after by some of the best Mando writers here on the site, so I won't go into that too much other than to say everyone writes Mandalorians a little differently. Feel free to use the existing lore as a base, but don't feel like you have to be an expert on every Mando thing that was ever written ever. Just play and have fun! Also, it's so great to see someone coming to enjoy star wars for the first time! Anywho, shoot me a message if you ever want to get a thread going or anything!

Milla Kryst

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hi! I see that you're being looked after by some of the best Mando writers here on the site, so I won't go into that too much other than to say everyone writes Mandalorians a little differently. Feel free to use the existing lore as a base, but don't feel like you have to be an expert on every Mando thing that was ever written ever. Just play and have fun! Also, it's so great to see someone coming to enjoy star wars for the first time! Anywho, shoot me a message if you ever want to get a thread going or anything!

Hello there! Thank you for your response, yeah I was a bit intimidated because I knew absolutely nothing really from Mandalorian culture when I started, and it's very hard for me to remember new things. Also, do you mean with this current character of yours? Scar is living in Silver Jedi territory, but I'm not sure under what circumstances we would meet. Scar might have a criminal background? Probably written up for slavery, murder, thievery, ya know most nasty bounty hunter stuff.

Last edited:
Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

Welcome to Chaos

First of all, if you want, hit me up or my main account on here Kesran Opadal Kesran Opadal

I am an aspiring EU scholar and already have a very extensive knowledge of both Canon and especially EU/Legends

I would also reccomend you check out Wookieepedia | Fandom.

Yes I know its a wiki site, but it actually is a great place to find great and interesting stories, especially for the more known and popular characters

Just trust me, spent a couple hours reading up on almost anything there and you will feel that you have gained more knowledge than you had before.

in terms of Mandalorian lore, I would search up the Mandalorian Wars and various clone wars era comics that explain parts and sectors of Mandalorian culture, as well as many other sources that have valuable information in that regard.

I do hope you stay with Star wars and its community. I know for a fact that I have come to find a cool home on here on Chaos among SW fans of all kinds

Milla Kryst

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

Welcome to Chaos

First of all, if you want, hit me up or my main account on here Kesran Opadal Kesran Opadal

I am an aspiring EU scholar and already have a very extensive knowledge of both Canon and especially EU/Legends

I would also reccomend you check out Wookieepedia | Fandom.

Yes I know its a wiki site, but it actually is a great place to find great and interesting stories, especially for the more known and popular characters

Just trust me, spent a couple hours reading up on almost anything there and you will feel that you have gained more knowledge than you had before.

in terms of Mandalorian lore, I would search up the Mandalorian Wars and various clone wars era comics that explain parts and sectors of Mandalorian culture, as well as many other sources that have valuable information in that regard.

I do hope you stay with Star wars and its community. I know for a fact that I have come to find a cool home on here on Chaos among SW fans of all kinds

Hello sir, I appreciate that you took the time to come and help me, however, in my first post I did mention that I have been using Wookieepedia, and the Mandalorian Wars you mentioned I also linked in my first post. I'll see about looking into comics, although I don't often go read comics or books because of my nystagmus, that tends to get worse the more I focus on something. I know, kinda silly of me to be on a text-based roleplay site with infinite amounts of lore and reading, haha.

Milla Kryst

Oh! Here's a question I'm not sure why I forgot to ask! Does the Dark Saber exist here, and does the current Mandalorian culture hold it with significance? If yes to any of that, who holds the Dark Saber today?

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

The Mandalorians over the past couple years, on this board, have been attacked by Jedi and Sith alike. With the most recent iteration (Mandalorian Empire/United Clans of Mandalore) being killed off by a total war that was sparked against three factions, with the Sith Coming in last moment to nuke Mandalore.

Because of this, there are multiple factions that have sprung up in an attempt to reclaim Mandalore. Mandalorian Union is an active Major Faction. Meaning they actually have control of the various planets on the map. The Death Watch Crusade is a smaller group that is all about crusading against Jedi and Sith for the warcrimes committed against them, and to harbor back to their roots as a Crusading faction.

There are some other smaller factions as well such as the Enclave which is honestly more based around a loot system aimed at Mandalorians.

Despite this, there are also many mandalorian characters who are nomadic and just work on their own as bounty hunters, Hired guns, or work with the New Imperial Order as the "Sons of Mandalore"

There are many places for you to go with a Mandalorian character.

Also, the site harbors a rule about "Canon" items such as the Dark saber or relics of the past being "Copies" because anyone could dispute that its a fake due to the time difference between ourselves and the Canon/Legends. As such, the Dark Saber is kind of "Lost to time" and if you find one you could claim you have the right to the Mandalore title, but it would be heavily disputed by many of the Mandalorian factions that are around.

Milla Kryst

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

The Mandalorians over the past couple years, on this board, have been attacked by Jedi and Sith alike. With the most recent iteration (Mandalorian Empire/United Clans of Mandalore) being killed off by a total war that was sparked against three factions, with the Sith Coming in last moment to nuke Mandalore.

Because of this, there are multiple factions that have sprung up in an attempt to reclaim Mandalore. Mandalorian Union is an active Major Faction. Meaning they actually have control of the various planets on the map. The Death Watch Crusade is a smaller group that is all about crusading against Jedi and Sith for the warcrimes committed against them, and to harbor back to their roots as a Crusading faction.

There are some other smaller factions as well such as the Enclave which is honestly more based around a loot system aimed at Mandalorians.

Despite this, there are also many mandalorian characters who are nomadic and just work on their own as bounty hunters, Hired guns, or work with the New Imperial Order as the "Sons of Mandalore"

There are many places for you to go with a Mandalorian character.

Also, the site harbors a rule about "Canon" items such as the Dark saber or relics of the past being "Copies" because anyone could dispute that its a fake due to the time difference between ourselves and the Canon/Legends. As such, the Dark Saber is kind of "Lost to time" and if you find one you could claim you have the right to the Mandalore title, but it would be heavily disputed by many of the Mandalorian factions that are around.

Understanding what the map game was I understood what the Mandalorian Union was, but you cleared up stuff for the Death Watch and I appreciate that! My character would never dare touch the Dark Saber and Out Of Character I wouldn't aim at it either, I just didn't know if it held purpose here, if any of the large factions had it, or anything etc. Yeah I figured I could be a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter with nothing special, the character idea was she "took" this armor and along the way learned where it came from and the history within it, so she'd eventually go out and explore said history and learn a sense of pride for a family.

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

I am glad you mentioned how your character came across the armor. In the past there were many mandalorians who had taken armor from a fallen one, and were introduced into the aspects of the culture that way. Others were negligent of this fact and just used it for their own, but I digress.

You are more than able to just be a free agent in where you can join any and all factions under the idea you are a "hired gun" and thus get credits or something out of it at the end of the day. Bounty hunting is a thing, although rare due to some people not liking the idea of being captured or killed, but it has been done by a couple people.

Milla Kryst

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

I am glad you mentioned how your character came across the armor. In the past there were many mandalorians who had taken armor from a fallen one, and were introduced into the aspects of the culture that way. Others were negligent of this fact and just used it for their own, but I digress.

You are more than able to just be a free agent in where you can join any and all factions under the idea you are a "hired gun" and thus get credits or something out of it at the end of the day. Bounty hunting is a thing, although rare due to some people not liking the idea of being captured or killed, but it has been done by a couple people.

I get that, I plan to play a (pretender) bounty hunter until such time she feels safe enough to expose herself and be herself. The armor she stole was from a Mandalorian, whom other mandalprians called dar'manda. She was a slave of this Mandalorian, whom she killed to become free. She took on his identity because she is branded a slave and this identity is a cover so she doesn't get captured/saught out as an escaped slave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom