Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes.

"Yeah sure, that's the word I'd use." He smirked and watched the surface of the lava even closer. Reaching through the force, he finally caught hold of a mind, r rather, caught sight of it as he didn't have the time to employ his will over it. Then, just as Matsu was completing her last sentence, he made a quick leap back. "Watch out!" Molten slag burst out, raining down around them while the long scaled body of a fire snake swirled out from the magma. A roaring hiss ensued from its mouth while its eyes locked on the two jedi. "FOUND MOMMA!" His hand raised up to produce a force shield while his golden eyes admired the dangerous beauty of the creature.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu felt it and was moving, her hands coming up to keep her safe behind a barrier while moving with vulps. "I seem to have a habit of making mothers angry when near their children." She moved to fight and engage it but was getting in cover over some of the things crouching behind a crate while reaching out to pull at the heat and lava below to cool the creature off so they could get in close to get better between the scales. "I'll cool it off, you get into the gaps." Matsu had the plan and could give him plenty of space to move before she felt the heat and turned it slowly into energy to pull at it stronger.

Did he have any idea what she was talking about? Not a clue. And given the circumstances, Vulpesen wasn't inclined to ask. What he was inclined o do, was survive. As the lava cooled, Vulpesen leaped, slashing at the scales by the base of the head. He'd read enough about these in Zarro's bestiaries to have a general attack plan. "Cool me a path to this spot!" His saber swirled and slammed again into the scales, creating a small crack before he was forced to rocket off a large sweeping tail and back to the lava lake's shore.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She was looking at him as he moved up and Matsu moved with her attention on a few of the scales, her hands coming out as she pulled at the heat along the path the master was striking it and she spoke. "One pathwy coming up." She moved through the room and lept up onto a crate as the creature whipped around smacking itno a crate and she kept her hands out pulling at the lava below to chill it and make it so the fire worm was stuck in the cooled rock. "How is your fighting coming." She wasn't worried, vulps had fought darkside priests with a forest on fire... he could handle a worm or at least he could handle making her think he could handle the worm.

The snake, to say the least, was not happy with being stuck in the obsidian created by Matsu's skills and as such, it started to thrash around in the hold of the stone, sapping and lashing out at Vulpesen as he continued to drill at the scale. "I'm fighting a giant fire snake over a river of lava, with only pathways of volcanic glass to step on! HOW DO YOU THINK?" He let out a growl as the snake got lucky, slamming its head into his chest and sending him flying to the shore, fortunately away from the deadly lava. On the bright side, however, the scales he'd been attacking seemed close to giving.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu heard him and tried to avoid a laughing fit while she was movign with some of her attention to the different sections of it all. She was prepared to fight it herself when he got flung across the room and moved focusing and letting her attention drift towards the scales as the saber activated. Pulling at the heat and energy before she moved with the force activating the lightsaber with a snap hiss as she threw it and the disc saber split in two activating and she navigated it towards the gaps in the scales to sheer into it and where Vulps had been weakening as she watched it shatter and navigated so the second blade went into it as she heard a bigger scream and there were others echoing around from below. "Sounds like more might be coming."

Vulpesen grinned and rose to his feet. He was slightly unsteady, but overall, he was in good condition. "Thanks. Now, lets finish this and get out before cavalry comes. You handle the box and I'll reel in the catch," He accented his words by motioning Matsu towards the ark before refocusing on the severely pissed off snake. Extending his hand, he unleashed a tendril of pure force energy, similar to a push though holding an actual shape as it lanced forth to stab into the spot. As he watched the phantom blade tear through, he pulled back, attempting to drag the fire snake out towards himself.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu was looking at him and then at the ark as she raised an eyebrow with a smirk on her face. Tight lipped and ready pulling at the dead worm before her attention went to more things outside and around them. "We can handle them." She thought about it for moment though while well... fighting several worms if they could survive and beat them... would be a very beneficial thing for research into the fireworms and she might be able to work over some of the things. Maybe they could harvest some worms alive and breed them for use in raising and training on Ura within their facility. "We might be able to get them for cloning purposes and set them lose on one o the worlds we monitor. the volcano's there could spawn them for research."

With a final yank of the force, Vulpesen brought the carcass of the beast onto land before looking over to Matsu with wide eyes. "You're insane... I love it." Taking a moment to make sure that the snake was dead and not going anywhere, he then took a seat in a meditative position. "You think we can subdue them, or are we going to have to take them out?" As he spoke, he started to center himself in the force.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She was looking at him and at the creature while she looked over a couple of the things there while the sounds of the creatures were coming. "We can handle them, you are a seasoned master who has worked and fought hard... and I am me." She said the last with a grin though preparing while she looked at the ark. "See you found your prize now come on and lets have some fun fighting monsters... it is what we do." She looked at the hole and the rest of the stuff there before she was running through the room and setting herself up for the coming fight. They had cooled the lava below the worm and the hole so they could see them coming and she had started clearing some of crates to make more fighting space.

Vulpesen returned her grin with a smirk and called the ark over to the,. With that handled, he reached out and placed his consciousness under the lava. Given their largeness, he could already feel the presences coming up towards them. PIssed, big, and very dangerous. Matsu was right, he'd gone though bigger and harder battles. Compared to even his moderate battles, this would be nothing.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

She watched him take the arc for himself and she was moving with her thoughts at the ready. Now that they had the field of battle done and planned out they could focus on what was important. Getting all of the good stuff into it for vulps while she was movign with more of her attention going to the different crates. Crystals, pieces of equipment and jedi artifacts she could put to use on things and for Sasori's well being as well as some of the more important points within it all. "Well we have some time to get ready before the fun, make sure it is your ark and all that. I'll make sure my nice pretty things over here in the crates are safe. These can go a long way towards upgrading and creating several things."

Once the ark was secured behind him, he called Ace over to his shoulders and focused himself into a state of meditation. "Why fight when we can simply subdue?" His eyes closed and his tail flicked behind him. "And don't forget about the supplies I found. I'm sure the veran people would appreciate the new weaponry." His mind reached over, touching with Ace's the two preparing themselves to delve into the minds of the large beasts that hid just under the surface of the lava.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him and his idea of subduing them was wasn't going to complain about, seeing if they could get the fireworms to calm down and be taken in so they could maybe make farms or pens to raise some of them for purposes. It gave some hope to her though seeing Vulps as he was working on some of the things with her hands pushing more of the crates away while she was thinking about the weaponry they had found. "Possibly, we will have to get out of here with the worms and get your stuff to you people. I am not opposed though to making some nice things from it and have some ideas." She could think of ways to work with the zorren or the mandalorians to work with the scales of the worms.

"Make them carry the stuff. Two birds with one stone." He turned back to the lava, just in time to see a worm burst from the surface, obviously rather angry at the loss of the invasion and loss of one of its comrades. "Here we go!" No doubt the others would be appearing momentarily, but for now, Vulpesen could focus on just the one. Reaching out, he struck its mind with the force, quickly working to impose his own will and stop the monster from attacking,

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu nodded to him while she was moving to the fight. One went after him and another was coming at her while she jumped up coming down and bringing her saber to strike its head as she enhanced the force to remain there. Just keeping herself protected from the heat was easy with the circlet but there was a lot more. Her strength while suspended in the air to hold the worm from getting in more and plug up the hole before she was reaching out to focus on the mind of the creature. Beast taming and focus so it would behave shaking its large head with the shattered scale clinking around while the pieces went to the floor. She was backing away in the air while feeling the others that were coming after them.

Vulpesen struggled for a few moments, ignoring Matsu's struggle as best he could. It wasn't that he didn't care, but as she said before, she was [member="Matsu Ike"]. No way in hell she'd fall down this easily. As he finally got a hold on the beast's mind, he forced down with a final assault. Obey! Within moments, the creature stopped its thrashing, becoming docile, just as another made its lunge for the Vitae. With luck however, Vulpesen managed to direct his new friend to slam into the other, stopping it from attacking as they splashed into the lava, leaving Vulpesen to attack the mind of another.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu was watching it and feeling the worms while she saw Vulps working with them. Her attention going towards the one she was fighting while she brought it down and sank a saber into its eye until it was laying there in the room twitching. "Stay." She slid it low and careful watching the creature while things were going through her mind with a hand going away while she held the saber in her hand with the other touching the scale to hold onto the creature as she planted her feet leaping up to another that came through while she smacked her saber into his mouth when it was opened.

As the attacking creature slammed into the ground, Vulpesen directed his personal pet to pin it down, keeping it from attacking while he enforced his will on it. It was straining to say the least, imposing your will on that of two very large, very angry, very dangerous monsters. Still, he was always one for a test. His golden eyes burned brightly as they started into the fire snake's the two minds battling it out for supremacy. Could feel its questions. Why is my friend body slamming me? Why is this tiny snack staring at me? Whats this voice in my head? The questions however would come to an end as he finally overran its instincts to eat him, soon after, he calmed and stilled the beast.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu kept her movements and attention on some of the things as se had the beasts there and some of them were plugging the holes while more of the researchers were coming. With sonic emitters to fill the hole and keep things away with heat shields for all the things they were doing. The jedi master jumped back looking at vulps while he was taming on of the beasts. She spoke as they were bringing in equipment. "There is a really bad joke about a fireworm or you being happy to see me. Though I don't know if you can keep him Vulpesen.... he is kind of large."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom