Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smugglers on The Run

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Kale Arkin"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]

Big sis? The jedi master listened to the pair and let the boy rise up, he closed his hand and slumped a little. It had been draining and tiring but whatever relief Iella was feeling made it all worth it. If anything he moved more onto the bed and rested. Healing was not his specialty... No he was far better at breaking things and now.. now he spoke to the question of voices. He turned his head laughing a little. "Training to block our voices in the force is... Something for younglings, now close your eyes and relax. Imagine something that brings you peace and focus on it. This will be your baseline and around it your mental shields. What you use to properly block things out, your going to erect a wall or make a door the voices must go to. One that you can control."

@[member="Iella E`ron"] | @[member="Syn"]​
______________________​
I scowled. "Something for younglings, huh? Thanks for pointing out my inadequacies. We don't all get fancy Jedi training in fancy Jedi temples." I bet none of his 'younglings' had built an ace pilot-droid before puberty. Hmph.

There was only one thing that brought me peace. Space. There were no worries in space. No emotions. No thoughts. Just sweet, pure silence. It was vast and seemingly unending, and the way stars and planets twinkled against the blackness of deep space was breathtaking. Asteroid fields -- like the one around the Maw Cluster -- formed the boundaries. The door?

A black hole.

It wasn't so easy as all that, though. I had to really focus to hold the images in my mind, and I had to focus even harder to get the images to 'stick'. Oddly enough, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I'd imagined, either. No more difficult than building sand castles in the Tatooinian desert beneath a high wind, and I'd made my fair share of sand castles in my youth.

Slowly but surely, the cacophony of voices and emotions faded to a very dull, very faint clamor. My shields weren't 'perfect', but they'd last. I could certainly work on them later.

"So, this whole double crossing Zaragga business... either of you got a plan? Cuz' I do. I have a very good plan, in fact." Good, and simple. Go in, make the delivery, collect my cred's, and when the coast was clear, detonate the explosive I'd slipped between the packaging. Hopefully Zaragga wouldn't thoroughly inspect the shipment -- I'd smuggled for her for quite some time, and most of the time she didn't bother with anything other than checking the weight. Yeah, she knew I had a habit of 'sampling' the product.

I just needed her not to suspect me when I blew the spice. I didn't fancy having every bounty hunter in the galaxy gunning for my head. I rather liked my head.

@[member="Syn"], @[member="Kale Arkin"]

She smiled at his little joke and released him from her grip. Iella still sat there stunned though, so many things running through her mind and back to Coruscant, to that horrible night in the lower levels. Syn knew of course, he knew of her having a brother out there, well here now. And the force as it always does, brought them together but odd how is was not on Tatooine, after all she had been there for some time when she was with CIS. Had their paths crossed before? No, he was older by the time she got there, and on his way to smuggling no doubt. And spice.

She let out a large sigh, which helped release some of the emotion she was feeling now. "Syn, seems we have found each other", she smiled. "Oh.. Kale? I need to tell you, that well... that restricted space over Coruscant? I kinda lied, there is none really". She smiled at him with her eyebrows up.

"Anyway, if I am not mistaken, we need to find a 'Fall guy', to take the blame for the spice suddenly exploding.. your plan is simple and good, simple plans don't have much to wrong with them. Now what have you got the spice packed in? ... that smell in your ship is maybe something organic? that might potentially, spontaneously combust?". She smiled wider. "And we will be there too, even though this is not exactly friendly space for us, we best not get caught".

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Kale Arkin"]

"I wasn't trained by the jedi." Syn said it not fully getting the joke but he listened to the rest of the plan. It was... dangerous, double crosses always were and his eyes went about the room but he could senses everything. He didn't need to actually look at them just the small shimmer of a thought from Iella brought some memories of Coruscant and the lower city, he pushed them back down while speaking finally. "If you must do this, explosives are tricky and not foolproof. Why not just give up Zaragga to security? If it is this important they would welcome arresting this Zaragga. You do not want the blood of someone on your hands."

@[member="Syn"] | @[member="Iella E`ron"]​
_____________________​
"Oh.. Kale? I need to tell you, that well... that restricted space over Coruscant? I kinda lied, there is none really."​
I blinked owlishly, mouth agape. She... she'd lied? My disbelieving expression turned sour, though my scowl lacked any true vitriol. As far as I was concerned, that little deception was just water under the proverbial bridge. "Chuba doompa, dopa-maskey kung!" I exclaimed, smiling. That had confirmed it -- she really was my sister.

"Anyway, if I am not mistaken, we need to find a 'Fall guy', to take the blame for the spice suddenly exploding.. your plan is simple and good, simple plans don't have much to wrong with them. Now what have you got the spice packed in? ... that smell in your ship is maybe something organic? that might potentially, spontaneously combust? And we will be there too, even though this is not exactly friendly space for us, we best not get caught".​

I had already started shaking my head before she finished speaking. "Fertilizer is combustable, but it won't blow up on its own. Zaragga would never believe that was the reason, and she'd definitely blame me." She was right about one thing though. We definitely needed a fall guy. Just someone to hold off suspicion long enough for me to dissappear -- maybe even another crime boss, if I could figure out a way to implicate them. Hutts were always warring with one another, vying for power and territory.

"If you must do this," Master Syn began, "explosives are tricky and not foolproof. Why not just give up Zaragga to security? If it is this important they would welcome arresting this Zaragga. You do not want the blood of someone on your hands."​

"Security? What security?" I stood up and started to pace. "Tatooine is in Confederate space, they won't lift a finger to help me; Zaragga's profits probably help pad their pockets." I whirled around to face him. "And my explosives are foolproof -- this ain't my first bantha ride." Still, I needed to maintain a certain proximity to the bomb or else the detonator wouldn't work. "The only someone who's going to get hurt is whoever Zarraga suspects blew up her stash." I paced some more, working through an endless flow of thoughts and schemes and plans.

Then Rex's voice sounded over the comm once more. "Ah, karking sithspit," I said in return.

Zarraga's 'enforcers' were nearing the ship; a pair of stinking, stupid Gammorean brutes. They'd load the spice onto their transport craft, and we'd follow. It was standard procedure, but I'd never plotted to blow-up ten tons of spice, so I was suitably nervous at the news of their approach.

"Welp, only one thing to do now -- wing it. You lot ready?" Push come to shove, I'd just blow the spice and run. I did have two Jedi with me, after all. Maybe some of their hocus pocus might help.

@[member="Syn"], @[member="Kale Arkin"]

She smiled. "But the organic nature of your stash would only have served to shield the true reason for it's demise. But if you say she would not accept that .. then yes we seek another plan".

The idea of being back on Tatooine had a double edge now. Iella and Syn are in unfriendly territory to the Jedi and need to be careful. Also there was a risk of her being recognised by one of her old 'business' mates, they all knew her history. Smuggler/thief, then Templar to the CIS, then turned traitor to join the Order? at least in their eyes, she would be this.

She sighed and was ready for anything. "I am ready, but how are you going to explain us?", she asked indicting to Syn as well. "We will follow your lead".

Major Faction

Syn

The words meant little while Syn stood there. The Templars and CIS would handle many things but he wasn't going to fight or argue it. He stood up and rolled his shoulders looking at Iella. He didn't know how the relations between them and the Templars would be but he could hide easily enough... He could hide her as well maybe if he used the majority of his strength. The current could do a few things but he doubted they would be able to move or do more. "Very well then, we shall follow your lead for now." With a look at him and a face showing nothing. He preferred blank expressions but Iella would be able feel his... Questioning. Not arresting someone was a dangerous idea he wasn't comfortable with. "I will deter to you in this but I advise caution."

______________________​
"But the organic nature of your stash would only have served to shield the true reason for it's demise. But if you say she would not accept that .. then yes we seek another plan."​
She lost me with that one. I didn't see how poodoo could mask a baradium explosion. I tried to picture it in my head, but all I could imagine was vaporized shavit and a smell worse than a Hutt's backside. Well, almost worse. Besides, the Gamorreans did all the 'dirty work'. They retrieved the spice from the vat of fertilizer -- I had never, and would never go fishing around in a 100 ton volume container of poodoo, organic or not. I'd even made Tee Nine insert the explosion into the vacuum sealed crates of spice; how he managed that particular feat was a mystery, but Tee Nine was disturbingly clever, and I'd outfitted him with so many modifications -- many of them illegal -- that even I couldn't remember all the gidgets and gadgets he had hidden beneath that blue, cylindrical frame.

"I am ready, but how are you going to explain us?" Iella asked. "We will follow your lead."​
That one was easy. "The best lies are the ones that are true," I began, leading them from the secluded room and into the ship's main corridor, proximity lights overhead flashing a pale yellow. The Gamorreans were probably waiting outside. "You two are my new crew. Goldie," I said, gesturing to Iella, "and Lidwir," I finished, sending a thumbs up at Syn. See what I did there? I made his real name into an alias; ain't I just the cleverest? And it was true -- they were my friends, and they were on my ship; that made them crew, in my eyes.

I heard Tee Nine's servo motors whirring as he wheeled up behind us, his loud whistle indicating that all was well. The explosive, he beeped, was practically invisible thanks to his efforts. I scoffed; of course he'd take all the credit. Baradium was pretty lethal, which was why I'd concentrated the blast radius to encompass only the containers of spice. The resulting concussive force from the explosion wouldn't be that strong -- at most, if anyone was standing right beside the spice when it blew, they'd have a concussion and a few bruised or broken bones. Nothing a dip in bacta wouldn't fix.

"Very well then," Master Syn began, "we shall follow your lead for now. I will deter to you in this but I advise caution."​
Syn had to be the oldest sounding young man I'd ever encountered. Was he some sort of royalty somewhere? He certainly had the formal speech of one. I turned back and gave him another thumbs up and a wink, inexplicably light-hearted. Without spice thickening my brain I wasn't my usual moping, broody self, and without the cacophony of foreign thoughts and emotions driving me crazy, I felt... I felt like a nineteen year old. Young. Free. Randy; well, randier than normal. Maybe I could weasel a Lethan Twi'lek outta Zaragga before I ruined her reputation? She owed me for all the repairs and enhancements I'd made to her droids and ships and transports. I'd even made a gravchair strong enough hold her considerable girth.

Eh, it was worth a shot. No harm in asking, and I could certainly do with a pretty Lethan right about now.

"Don't worry my young Jedi friend -- like I said, this ain't my first bantha ride. Caution's my second middle name." I didn't tell him my first middle name. It was lacks. Kale 'Lacks Caution' Arkin. It had a nice ring to it, actually. "Before we invite in our guests though, you two need blasters. Every spacer carries a blaster." Tee Nine was one step ahead of me. A port on his side opened and two blasters were ejected, one after the other, soaring through the air to land perfectly in my hands.

If he'd shot out a third, I'd probably have started juggling them, I was so giddy. I handed out the heavy blaster pistols, absently checking my own pistol still hanging at my belt. I wondered if I could learn how to wield one of those Jedi swords. I'd never seen one in action, but I'd heard other spacers speak of them. They sounded pretty badass. Maybe I'd ask Syn, when this whole thing was over.

Or maybe I'd get that Lethan Twi'lek and take a well deserved vacation. Sakura was still in its springtime, by my calculations.

We came upon the cargo hold once more, and I crossed the massive room to lower the ramp and let the two burly piggies in. The two brutes entered with heavy, clanking steps, muttering in broken Hutteese and Gamorreese.

"Stinky and funky!" I called out amicably, walking towards them. They didn't know much basic. I waved Iella and Syn over, in case they hung behind. "Meet my new crew members, your 'smellinesses' -- the beautiful Goldie, and my good friend Lidwir." The Gamorreans barely paid me any mind; they never did. I'd known them since I was a wee lad making deliveries for Borjo; they'd worked for him before Zaragga, just like me, and frequented only the sleaziest of cantina's. They had pretty disgusting appetites. Literally, the karking kung that they are. "You lot have fun wading through all that poodoo -- we'll be waiting outside."

I gave the order -- in binary, I should add -- for Rex to activate the ships defenses. He wouldn't be accompanying us on our little journey; Tee Nine was though. He was by far the more adventurous droid. Rex hardly even left the cockpit. He always stayed with the ship.

I stepped off the ship and out into the hangar bay, eyes roving the flowing crowd spread across the durasteel concourse. As always, the spaceport was teeming with activity, and riddled with half-naked flesh. Some species barely wore clothing at all. In fact, a trio of Togrutan women walked by clad in what looked liked dinner napkins. Tantalizing, perfectly placed dinner napkins.

Boy was I hungry.

"This place is so much better now that its quiet," I said in an aside to Iella, yelling over the loud din of people of spacecrafts. "I've been thinking -- Stinky and Funky in there ain't the smartest gooberfish in the pond, and there've been rumors that they're looking for better paying employment." I'd heard it from a pair of smarmy Duggs after I trounced them in a game of Sabacc last time I was here, which wasn't that long ago. Not even six days, now that I thought about it. It seemed like longer after everything that had happened. "I reckon I can pin it on them -- Zaragga likes me better anyway."

Minutes later the two Gamorreans were ready. Iella, Syn, Tee Nine and I took the turbolifts to the first level of the port while they took a separate bulk transport to meet us outside amidst the hustle and bustle of Mos Espa, pulling up alongside us in a heavy transport cruiser laden with the weight of the spice. I frowned at that. It shouldn't have been laden, not with the modifications I'd made...

"What did you two idiots do to the anti-grav lifts I installed last time I was here? That transport should be able to handle 1000 tons based on my designs." Possibly more. It was anti-gravity technology. Just like the kind on standard ships, just reversed and refitted for transport speeders.

Yep, I'm a technological genius.

Stinky -- his real name was just a short series of threatening grunt like sounds -- threatened me, as per usual, and Funky -- with an equally 'enlightening' name -- ordered me to fix it when we returned. Zaragga had something else for me to fix too, he grunted. Apparently the server droids were acting up, and their comms. had been hacked recently. I tried not to smile. That made my job all the more easier.

"No use standing around then." I climbed onto the transport behind Stinky, motioning for Iella and Syn to join me. Tee Nine activated his repulsor lifts and floated up to the top of the transport, locking himself in place with his magnetic treads.

Within moments, we were off. Zaragga's palace was on the outskirts of the east side of the city, not far from the spaceport, if we took the back streets. We'd be there in ten minutes tops -- maybe fifteen, I reasoned, taking a gander at the semi-heavy traffic.

Oddly enough, despite the fact that I was about to sabotage my future as a smuggler, I wasn't the slightest bit nervous or hesitant. I was free now.

Freedom felt good.

@[member="Kale Arkin"], @[member="Syn"]

Iella took the blaster from Kale with a smile, she already had one, but another was always handy. She wedged it between her belt and pants on her right hip. Her lightsaber hidden under a waist lengthen jacket on the left. She turned and followed Kale to the cargo hold, turning to Syn, she spoke, "We will be cautious, this is to get Kale clear, but not a the expense of someone life. But something tells me, this is going to be a fun ride".

The hangar bay, as is usual on Tatooine, busy and brimming with life of all forms. The two Gamorreans approached and Iella just let Kale do the talking, she just tried to stay aloof.

Goldie? she looked back at Kale with amusement. Not really sure where they where going, Goldie followed through the hangar bay behind Kale and Syn. But she began to feel.. odd. She put her hand up to the back of her neck and rubbed trying to rid a strange feeling that seemed to come from nowhere. But she was in good mood, a very good mood. A wicked smiled slowly parted her lips and her eyes found Syn. Her eyes traveled up from his boots thudding on the surface of the floor, up to his ... wiggle as he walked. Little did Iella realise but that these feels pulsed along the bond link between her and Syn. She bit her bottom lip. And watched the movement, her mind taking her back to their time alone, making love for hours, her hands wondering over this ........

Her thoughts interrupted, by Kale, talking about something being quiet and pinning gooberfish, odd thing to want to do?. She guessed it was part of the plan. She turned away from the vision that is Syn and looked at Kale. Then it hit her, oh for the love of Corellia. That weird connection she felt on the ship, when he was anguish for spice, she could feel his emotions and he was feeling ... warm. Not that she does not get warm for Syn, no she can do that well enough on her own. But this had to be stopped, she could not go around the galaxy, feeling his youthful lust for life. She started to laugh, sofly.

She followed Kale into the transport and took a seat opposite. "So what are we doing with these gooberfish? and why are we pinning them?".

Major Faction

Syn

Syn couldn't see the blaster but he hid his sabers. There were many things one could say too all of this but the first of which had him remaining still. -He does realize I am blind right?- The thought crossed his mind while he held the gun and slid it into a holster. His sabers going into pockets like they were trophies. Then he heard his... Name and raised an eyebrow. The truth that he lied about his name anyways made it a little funny. Now they were going to lie about his name that he already lied about... Made sense while he walked stepping carefull but also subtly mind tricking when searched. They didn't see sabers or weapons no everything was fine.

Then he moved and felt something between himself and Iella, something down that invisible line between them. There was much to be said but he could and would say it anyways... She was feeling lust or arduous right now which caused his senses to flare. Whatever had brought it on seemed more artificial and he slowed down just enough to be next to her and take her hand. There was many things that could be said but his weapon hands was left in the open. Now it was all about seeing this through while his mind reached out and sensed the area. A dry desert would make it interesting.

Then his mind thought about the last time he was here and all the things he had promised... Promised her about showing the galaxy, teaching her and now after that time. Loving her, there was much to be gleamed and said from it as he whispered. "Are you feeling alright?"

"So what are we doing with these gooberfish? and why are we pinning them?"​
I smiled. "Why, to fillet them, of course. You can't eat a gooberfish without filleting it first."

For perhaps the first time in my life, I as able to enjoy the hustle and bustle of Mos Espa. I'd always hated the bustling crowds; their thoughts had pressed down on me like so many anvils, and I'd slowly been breaking under the weight. Free of that burden, I felt like I was flying and it was a wonderful feeling. Everything felt so alive -- there was a vibrant thrum to every sound, and the smells, once repugnant, only heightened the effect. The wind through my hair felt as if a gentle caress, and as I turned my eyes to the the speeder's bulky frame, I saw in my minds eye all the many different pieces and bits like a schematic, saw the components straining against the weight of the load.

The clarity, the happiness... it was all so very strange, as I'd never had either; not in such abundance. Zaragga wouldn't know what hit her.

We turned down a rolling lane of dirt and followed it to its end, where a massive stone and durasteel monstrosity of bulbous towers and spindly spires stood, looming over the surrounding buildings. As Zaragga's palace came into view, I was struck by a sudden feeling of dread. It cut through my calm like a vibrosword, sharp and deep.

Well damn. And I was feeling so good, too.

@[member="Kale Arkin"], @[member="Syn"]

Her finger tips gently played with Syn's pads on his. "I am fine", she said now know what just happened and what he might have felt from her. She giggled a little, at this and Kale's comment about the fish. She still had no idea how that fitted into the plan, but no matter, time would reveal that. Besides she kinda got the impression she had not quite heard all his conversation back in the hangar bay, being distracted and all. Damn fine bum it is too, enough to distract any red blood young woman. Well at least she had the opportunity to get her hands..... Iella stop it! There is no Kale influence in these thoughts, not this time.

However, she could still sense Kale's emotion and he is in a good mood, she relished this fact, it seemed the force had liberated him greatly, but maybe not necessarily totally. But it was a start. Suddenly however his mood changed. It changed as the transport approached the palace. She looked around toward it and looked up at the horrible place. She had seen it of course when she lived her as a Templar, but never had anything to do with it's owner.

"Kale", she leaned forward to whisper, "What is it?, what do you sense?".

"Kale, what is it? What do you sense?" Iella whispered.​
"I don't know," I replied, equally quiet. "I've got a bad feeling though, and it ain't indigestion."

Soon, the speeder was parked in the shadow of the palace. A team of labor droids stepped out from the confines of the structure with repulsor pallets and loaded the spice onto the pallet, working quietly and efficiently. Ah, to be a droid. Bloody buckets of bolts had no worries, and here I was with sweaty palms and an itchy nose just moments away from betraying one of the main powers on Tatooine, and to top it all off, I felt like I'd swallowed a nugget of radiated lead.

Stinky and Funky led us into the palace proper; it was exceedingly cool in the wide corridors, a stark contrast from the heat outside. The furnishings along the hall were rather sparse, but that said nothing for Hutteese ideas about home decor; they didn't have legs, so they didn't sit, and their idea of a nice lamp was a slave holding a bulb. As such, every room we passed was nearly empty, save for a few isolated clusters of scruffy looking spacers.

Zaragga's 'throne room' was just as massive as I'd remembered. The wide, rectangular space was dominated by Zaragga's immense bulk, and surrounding her, as always, was the sleemo-gallery; her smelly Toydarian, Roozoe, a solid quartet of Gamorreans, a few squinty eyed Trandoshans, three smelly Besalisks, and a whole other assortment of folks. And of course, in a nice tight row on the raised dais beside Zaragga, stood five curvy Twi'leks, and just my luck, one of them was Lethan. The air stank of spice, and I felt only the slightest temptation to indulge.

What I did feel, I smothered beneath the weight of my newfound awareness.

"Coona tee-tocky malia? An Ah'chu apenkee?"​
That's just like Zaragga. Straight to business. "Gooddé tah stuka chuba peetch," I returned with a smile, rolling up onto the balls of my feet. "Da wanga sa Goldie," I said, pointing to Iella, "an da wanga sa Lindwhir. Hoohah ulwans. Ma ulwans."

Zaragga frowned. "Uba sanuba charra mon."​
"Jee noah settah da." I folded my arms across my chest and frowned. "Konchee ma creeda?" Around us, the aliens began to mutter amongst themselves, and a few of the Gamorreans bristled at my tone, Stinky and Funky included. Maybe a newbie would've been intimidated, but I'd played this game before. They weren't going to do a thing.

"Chessa ko, peedunkee." The Hutt shifted, and the Toydarian fluttering about by her head dropped a chunk of slimy goop into her mouth. "Ma lorda sa wata."​
Wait, what? His boss was here? Sithspit. That wasn't good. That wasn't good at all.
"Hee naga seetah chuba, ta bukee ulwan coo koose gooddé poonoo an porko pastika."​
Her fat, slimy head turned to the left, looking into the dark recesses of the room. From the shadows, a man appeared...

@[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]​
"Coona tee-tocky malia? An Ah'chu apenkee?" - What took you so long? And who are they?
"Gooddé tah stuka chuba peetch," "Da wangasa Goldie, an da wangasa Lindwhir. Hoohah ulwansa. Ma ulwans." - Good to see you too. That's Goldie, and that's Linwhir. They're smugglers. My smugglers.
"Uba sanuba charra mon." - You said you were coming alone.
"Jee noah settah da." "Konchee ma creeda?" - I didn't say that. Where are my credits?
"Chessa ko, peedunkee. Ma lorda sa wata." "Hee naga seetah chuba, ta bukee ulwan coo koose gooddé poonoo an porko pastika." - Careful, boy. My boss is here. He wants to see you, the boy smuggler who brings such good business and big shipments.

@[member="Kale Arkin"], @[member="Syn"], @[member="Daxton Bane"]

Quite simply she could not ignore his feeling of impending danger. To her, Kale is obviously sensing something about to happened and they would all need to be on guard. She followed him through the palace, no surprises there, the place was like others she had visited. A uniform dwelling of the Hutt species. Iella, connected to her Brother, could still feel his emotions, so she did some on the run self training, and put a block on most of it. However, she left some connection as she believe it would be a good thing at this moment, to be aware of the dangers through him. Coupled with her own talent in this, they might be able to head off anything.

Then she felt it, a familiar force signature and her brow knitted. She took in a deep breath recognising the being that it belonged to. Daxton Bane was close by. This would be an interesting meeting. She, once one of his fellow Templars and hunting buddy. But things had changed since then and she had no idea how he would view her now. Part of her wanted to go and give a hug .. but caution will be the order of the day. After all his is a formidable Sith.

She turned her head in the direction of the signature and saw the figure of the familiar man in the shadows, she waited.

Major Faction

Syn

Syn remained very still while listening, he didn't need to speak currently. No if anything just remaining there in the background would have to suffice as he turned his head. The attention had went to someone else that was meriting it which could be a good thing or a bad thing. He hadn't decided but he did know when to prepare for something, his hands remained visible but muscles tensed. He looked towards Iella only stepping close enough to cloak the pair of them should the need arise. Though he didn't know who or what to expect from the shadows as it was just becoming one of those... Days.

@[member="Kale Arkin"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]

Alarm bells rang in Daxton's head as he sensed both a familiar presence and another strange one, this one strong in the Force. Probably as strong as his nemesis, but the Heart told him it was old. Very old. Originally he had planned to sow the seeds of confusion, after all his master of Mask was perfect. He looked exactly like the spitting image of Grandmaster Ben Watts. It was a small matter to obtain suitable armor to match the disguise. After all, it wasn't like Hutt crimelords normally socialized with Jedi Masters on a regular basis.

Emerging from the shadows, his face still obscured by his cowl, only a pair of eyes that seemed to peer into one's soul were evident. The gaze caught Iella E`ron for an instant before locking in on the smuggler and the other one. Without turning to the Hutt he said, "You have served as well, young one. But do you care to explain the presence of not one but two force users in your company? Do you even realize who you serve?" Pausing to unveil his 'face' he let them all gaze at the visage of the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, even as he began to erect a mental fortress in his mind.

"You have served as well, young one," Zaragga's boss began. He wore armor, a cowl masking his face in shadow. "But do you care to explain the presence of not one but two force users in your company? Do you even realize who you serve?"​
"Force users can't smuggle now?" I returned without missing a beat. "They're the best people for the job. Their insights are unbelievably beneficial." I shifted my stance, turning away from Zaragga to focus on her boss. "And no, I don't realize who I serve. I reckon you're about to tell me though, right?" I tried to keep the cheekiness out of my tone, really, I did, but I was agitated something fierce. Why did Zaragga have to do this now? Two weeks ago I'd have loved to meet her boss, but now?

I'd rather dive in a pit of poodoo.

If he knew Iella and Syn were force users, then he was probably one himself. And if he was when himself, then there was no telling what he could, or what he would do. You'd think, realizing that, that I might've exercised some modicum of caution.

Nope. I did nothing of the sort. "Don't bother," I continued. "I don't wanna know who you are. I just want my credits."

@[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]​

"That wouldn't be a problem if this wasn't specifically MY operation. But you brought Jedi here and that upsets our little operation." Daxton wasn't certain so he bluffed knowing that no Jedi in their right mind would deny their loyalties. "You see I cannot have any one linking the Spice operations in this sector with Grandmaster Ben Watts. I have a reputation to uphold. It's a shame really, you really did show much promise. Now you leave me no choice."

@[member="Kale Arkin"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]

Major Faction

Syn

@[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Kale Arkin"] @[member="Iella E`ron"]

Syn heard the name but it wasn't Ben Watts. He was on the council he knew Ben and had served as the second in command of the order... It mattered little but there was one thing, he wasn't here as a jedi. He wasn't like the others and let his sithspawn blood drown out. That part of him that wasn't remotely anything but alchemy and hatred given form. It wrapped it around himself and then Iella as he spoke. "We are not jedi at least not now and care very little who you are. Are we are here for is credits, if you want to fight us then your losing on future profits. That is bad for business, if you are using this as a way to keep your credits and the product. There is very little we can do about it." It wasn't a total lie and Syn kept his face blank not showing any expressions. Best lies had enough truth to be real. They were not here as jedi, who knew him by name or even his real name, at the moment if would seem like anger and annoyance was present to be a reaction to the situation. This one was strong but there was always ways to go about things.

@[member="Syn"], @[member="Daxton Bane"], @[member="Kale Arkin"]

Well this is just a fine kettle of gooberfish, she thought. Iella's face remained calm throughout the whole plummeting proceedings. The fact was, they knew the situation regarding themselves, and Daxton, but the unknown is the Hutt. Hutts, cunning, deceptive and dangerous, will turn in the blink of an eye, if they do not like the proceedings, in fact they will turn for the hell it. And in her eyes they are all in danger here. The whole situation has become twisted, Daxton, masquerading as Ben, Syn and Iella as smugglers, with Kale the only one being Kale. If they where not careful, Kale, Syn and Daxton could find themselves at the bottom of a Rancor pit, her laying salaciously in front of the Hutt, dressed in nothing but a metal bikini. She did not like that idea.

Well I might as well make a complete meal of this. She thought stepping forward between Kale and Syn.

"Enough!", she snapped loud and with authority, not a volume one would expect from one so small as her. "Your exalted one, Zaragga of the Hutts", she began with a slight bow to the Hutt. "Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Iella E`ron. A name no known by most, in fact I like to keep it that way. So you would be forgiven for not recognising it. It is true Jedi I am, but can you think of a more better disguise for my identity?", she turned toward Daxton. "And this ... is MY operation".

She started to walk around the immediate area, Iella let out a long breath in the form of a sigh. "Why do I put up with such incompetence?", she spoke loud but as if to herself. "I shall apologise to you Exalted One, for the cloak and dagger nature of my visit, you see it seems that my "public face", his man here, Ben Watts, has been skimming some of the cream of the top of the profits", she sighed again, "There has be a discrepancy in the amount of spice delivered and the payment I receive, so I had to come to investigate, in person, and no doubt you can understand my displeasure".

She turned around .. keeping up the ruse, her eyes quickly flashed at Kale, We're doomed.

"However, I am a reasonable person and will give Ben the opportunity to explain himself .. in private", she said with a with a hard voice. "My I suggest that you strike up the band and have some entertainment, after all we are all friends here", she concluded with a bow.

Well if that does not work to buy them more time to think of a better plan then to smack each other out, she was at a loss. Because the truth of it all, is that they are simply out numbered in this room full of unknown sentients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom