Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Slights and Hands

Slights and Hands
bff04fed2ff5e3c8bb3e5cf886e07bf5.jpg
Tag: Konor Konor
Sarka was not a planet that Alana much cared for. The world was mostly swamps, caves, or a mixture of both. The inhabitants were a religious and semi fanatic reptilian type that hissed at her death stick usage, oh, and every two bit raider and their mother thought this was the best planet to go and make an arms deal. Which was exactly why she was here at the moment. Having taken up a nice chair on the outside of the moss covered building, Alana her her Boreal rifle laid out across her lap, and a lit deathstick in hand. She managed to get two puffs out of her death stick before her 'boss' started whining at her. "Calloway, what the hell are you doing? Put that fething death stick away and keep an eye out." Her employer this time was a rather pudgy Kel Dor that Alana had genuinely forgotten forgotten the name of. She'd just taken to calling him 'Pugs' and he never sounded serious enough when he asked her to stop, so his name was 'Pugs' now.​
It was the little things that kept her going these days. "I'm taking a break Pugs, chill. Moment your friends show up, I'll get to work, until then, can it. Smoke breaks were in my contract after all." That was partly true, Alana had hired some Rodian to scribble something about obligation to 'relieve herself' for a minimum of five minutes an hour. She realized two months too late that it made it sound like she had negotiated refresher breaks into her work, but it let her smoke while she worked, so she wasn't about to go and rework her contract; not that she could, hell, she hardly knew what was even on her contract now a days. Pugs started to shout at her about something, but the high was already settling in, and Alana had long since stopped giving a feth about what her employers wanted from her 'professionalism'.​
She pushed back a lock of white hair and neatly tucked it under her hat. Hopefully something exciting would happen, because watching a pair of airspeeders and dealing with Pugs, while easy money, was boring as all hell.​

It had been a while since Konor helped Xan acquire the parts she needed for a new body, as well as steal a new tactical suit for himself. The outlaw had decided it best for him to lay low until the heat was off of him, as well as go dark enough where the AI wouldn't find him. Fat chance for the latter, but it was a nice sentiment. Konor deemed it best to bide his time on Sarka, learning how his new suit worked and just blowing his credits on women and drugs.

Realising he was starting to find himself short of credits, Konor decided it was high time to get back out there again and as luck would have it, a... thick Kel Dor would have the perfect opportunity for him. Which is the reason how Konor found himself in his current predicament, stuck with a very talkative Latero on their way to the crew's meeting point.

"So you stole the fancy suit on Denon, huh?"
the Latero asked.

"Yep." Konor answered in an obvious annoyed tone.

"Wizard. And the mask? You wear it to hide your identity or because it looks cool?" he continued, obviously not getting the hint.

"Branding."

"Branding...?" he paused, deliberating for a few seconds before continuing "Ohhhhhh! So, you'll be more recognised and get better or more jobs."

"Wow, you got it right." Konor said sarcastically with fake praise.

"Lemme guess, 'Man of few words' is your schtick, yeah?"

"Only with you." he said with gritted teeth.

Finally and thankfully, they were coming up to the meeting point. A moss covered building, yep this was defintely the place. Konor made out the familiar heavy set frame of his new favourite Kel Dor as well as the figure of another with white hair, adusting his HUD's mask, Konor zoomed into the figure that sat outside the building. A smirk formed on his face as he instantly recognised the attractive woman "Well I'll be." he said aloud, prompting the interest of his new Latero "friend" although the outlaw wilfully ignored his nosiness. In fact, Konor raised his hand and motioned the Latero away "Beat it for a parsec."

Once everything was clear, the half-Sephi made his way over to... oh crap, he'd forgotten her name. However, he quickly shrugged it off upon realising she'd definitely forgotten his... considering he gave her a fake name and she wouldn't recognise him with the mask on. Meant it was perfect for a fresh start. He began making his way toward the white-haired woman, a confident swagger in his step, the outlaw already had his line at the ready - stupidly basic, but it was a classic.

Stopping in front of the death stick smoking lady, Konor rested his fists on his hips and cleared his throat confidently.
"What's a pretty death stick smokin' gal doing in a dump like this?" he greeted her, hiding a smirk behind the mask. If he played his cards right, this job was bound to get more interesting.

Alana Calloway Alana Calloway

Slights and Hands
bff04fed2ff5e3c8bb3e5cf886e07bf5.jpg
Taking in another draw, Alana idley listened to the nonsense playing off to her side. Was pretty common with mercenaries. Hell, she was usually the one bantering. But not today, or at least, not til the tall built mystery man made a pass at her. His words, while not the slyest she had heard, still tugged a smile out of her bored expression. Taking one more drag, she exhaled and gave a retort of her own. "Well ain't you just five scoops of sugar in a half cup of tea." She smirked, then realized her Dantooine centric line probably was nonsensical to the man before her. Her smirk soured into an annoyed pout. She adjusted the blunt in her mouth, and withdrew it between her fingers. "I'm here trying to pay my bills sweetheart, how 'bout yourself?"
With her deathstick spent, Alana tossed it aside, and adjusted the rifle between her legs to rest neatly on her shoulder. "Been standing around here trying to look pretty, which compared to the rest of the lot here, doesn't take all that much." Adjusting her hat, her red eyes studied the man, trying to work out the odd sensation that beset her. There was an inch at the back of her mind, a sensation this man sparked in her, but she couldn't work out what that could mean. She wasn't that high, but there was something. She chewed the inside of her lip, wondering if she had gotten the wrong dose of her sticks this time.​
Could very well be the case, hell she was building up a resistance, and it was getting harder and harder to chase that high. "Names Alana, sugar, now what's your designation? Man walking around looking like you, makes you look all official." She rocked her shoulders in a mocking gesture, smirking at her own stupid joke.​
Another itch at the back of her mind prompted her to look about suddenly, though she found nor heard anything amiss. At least not initally.​
Alana ignored it, and focused back on the mystery man, hoping a little bit of chit chatting would make the time pass faster.​

It took him a minute but Konor finally got the gist of what the white-haired woman's return pick-up line meant, upon figuring it out a small chuckle escpaed his nose in the form of a huff. Konor was far from the smartest guy in the galaxy, so at times where he'd actually figured something out on his own, it instilled him with a sense of new confidence. Konor nodded at her reason for beind her, letting out another snicker as he folded his arms and parted his lips to respond "I hear ya. Needed a pick me up after a splurge fest." Konor confessed before snickering to himself once more upon realising he'd just said a double entendre.

Konor not so subtly looked the pretty woman up and down, smirking under his mask as she made a comment about "trying to look pretty". From what he was staring at she sure didn't need to try, but it seemed like she knew that anyway "You can say that again, hot legs." Konor noticed the woman's scarlet red eyes scanning him over earning her a raised eyebrow beneath his mask. He wondered if she could recognise him from that party on Serenno, leading the outlaw to consider ending his little charade and just revealing who he was.... Naaaah, this was way more fun.

"Well ain't you just a sweet talker." Konor said, extended his hand before quipping "Designation's K0-NR, or, y'know, Konor." noticing Alana's sudden... jumpiness, he tilted his head slightly and asked "Errr... looking for something, cheeka?" but his attention was quickly drawn away by the sound of a familiar voice calling out to everyone. The electronic voice filled the area as the Kel Dor summoned all his hirelings:

"Alright y'all. Gather 'round and I'll fill all of you's in on the job."

Konor cast Alana a final glance through his mask's blue lenses "To be continued, nal hutta?" before reaching for her hand and planting a smooth peck on top of the woman's hand before heading toward the gathered mercs. Standing at the back, the tall half-Sephi had a decent view of his employer as he informed the group on what was about to go down.

"It don't take a genius to figure out why I got all of you's to meet me here. Y'see that temple over there?" he asked, pointing toward the moss covered structure where Alana had previously been sat against. "My contacts tell me that there's some good loot stashed somewhere in there - something about stranded pirates from a few hundred years ago, I dunno I weren't listenin' to the specifics. We're gonna find and hijack all the loot left inside and split the cut between all of us." the Kel Dor revealed.

Konor sighed quietly to himself, surrounding yourself with a bunch of opportunistic guys like this... like Konor? This was bound to end badly. Someone was for sure going to betray someone else, and the half-Sephi knew to not let it be him. Unintentionally angling his head downward as he deliberated, it didn't take Konor long to come to the decision that he'd make a break for it with whatever loot he found.

Slights and Hands
A smile tugged at the corner of Alana's lips as the mystery man kept talking. He was a talker, which worked for Alana because she was too, though the mention of the term 'hot legs' drew a laugh from her. That was a new one. Her ruby eyes looked him over, trying to figure out what in the world was making her brain inch. Was this a case of deja vu? Or was she just spacing out again?​
Truth be told, she wasn't sure what caused her little 'brain spats' as she came to call them, but the death sticks were supposed to suppress that. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be doing that. She got his name at least, 'Konor'. She shoved it into her brain and clung to it. She hated not remembering names, it drove her nuts; not to mention conversations were exceptionally awkward. "Well sugar, I aim to please." She adjusted the cartridge in her mouth before withdrawing it. He inquired if she was looking out for anything in particular, and she could only shrug her shoulders. "Eh, just have a sixth sense for things going south, something tugged pretty hard on it just now. Probably just them chems." She waved a hand dismissively, before the call of 'Pugs' seemed to indicate it was time to go to work. Frowning, she threw the spent death stick aside, and found Konor taking her hand and lightly pecking it. She grinned, and shook her head, amused at the little display. "We'll see sugar. Don't go getting ahead of yourself now." She eyed him moving to gather up with the rest of the pack, and made her on through. Rather than sit on the outskirts as Konor did, she navigated her way into the heart of the conversation.​
Hearing the trade of discussion going about, Alana's mind went to snagging a few items of interest of her own for a private sale. Pugs could go to hell with his little business. She didn't trust the puggy man as far as she could throw him; and believe her, she couldn't move him with a grav lift and crane crew. Not to mention, she probably wasn't the only one with such ideals.​
Her trigger finger was feeling mighty itchy at current, and she was a bit behind on her bills; not to mention she sorta deserved a new starship to boot. Hearing that, Alana slipped out of the pack, rubbing her chin in contemplation as the crews began to gather together. She'd either need a small team to swipe from, or someone willing to smash and grab with her, and just like that her eyes went to the stranger in the military get up. 'Maybe you'll be willing to partner up?' Her thoughts swirled in her mind, and unintentionally would find themselves whispering into Konor's ear. Alana of course, hadn't realized what she had done, as she went back to eyeing the crews that were forming, and tried to work to work out which ones she was going to toss her hat in with.​

''Maybe you'll be willing to partner up?'

The words that he recognised to come from Alana's lips echoed in his head. His body twitched and his head jerked as he spun round "The kark?" Konor muttered to himself, was he hearing things? Or did the pretty lady hide some interesting secrets? Konor's blue lenses found the woman and he took a step toward her to suddenly feel a light tap on his muscular arms.

Konor turned to see the same Latero from earlier, broadly grinning at the half-Sephi's expressionless mask. "What do you want?" Konor asked, not hiding his annoyance. "Wanna group up? Reckon'll we'll find some pretty wizard loot." he asked with his grin unwavering. Spinning on his heel, the outlaw answered "No thanks. I got a prior committment... literally anywhere else." continuining on his way to Alana.

"Aw come on!" he exclaimed as he followed behind Konor, struggling to keep up thanks to the vast disparity in leg lengths between the two. Ignoring the Latero's pleas and reasons to work together, all his words came out like muted muffles, right now he had to get to the bottom of something. Fists clenched and contrary to the expressionless mask, Konor's face was wrinkled in suspicion and slight anger - he walked with a purpose.

"Hey!" he called out to her, his flirtatious laidback voice was gone, replaced with exasperation. Konor stopped directly in front of the woman, blue lenses peering down into the woman's scarlet eyes "The kriff was that, huh?" the outlaw asked as he raised a finger to point at her chest "Your voice in my head. I know I'm not crazy. I ain't seen enough to finally snap yet."

The Latero, stopping beside Konor, looked up at the outlaw confused before moving his gaze to Alana "Wait, what? Are you magic? Can you mind-control people?" he asked with curious excitement. Konor continued to ignore the Latero, refusing to break his gaze from the mysterious woman "Just who the hall are ya?" Konor demanded. As someone with supernatural strength, Konor wasn't prejudice when it came to 'freaks of nature' - but peering inside his head was a massive no-no.

Slights and Hands
Whirling around, Alana was started to find an irate Konor approaching her, armed with accusations that she wasn’t sure how to handle what he was throwing her way. Her face contorted to one of worry as he inquired about the voices he heard in his head, and she muttered silent swore to herself as she stepped away from his accusatory gesture. She should have known her treatments weren’t working, she needed an alternative and quick, unfortunately it was too late to get herself out of this mess. Raising her hands up, Alana have a defeated sigh, then flashed a quick scowl to the Latero man who seemed to far too interested in her skill set. “I got a rare medical condition, and my thoughts can wander into other peoples minds at times.” It was about as PC as she could get without bringing up her ‘gift’. No one seemed to like her gift. “I’m sorry for not knocking first sugar, it’s something I don’t have a lot of control over right now.” Her eyes went to Latero, mind pondering over wether or not deploying her wrist launcher might cause an issue for the rest of the group. She decides against it, least she turn everyone against her. “I’d prefer we keep this between ourselves, folks don’t take too kindly to ‘freaks’ like myself, but I can do a bit more than whisper sweet nothings into your ear and guess what color socks you put on today.” Her eyes went back to Konor, and gave the smallest of smiles. This was as good as an opportunity as any, so she was gonna shoot her shot. “Maybe you and me shack up, we could make a decent pair, no?”
Latero began to talk, and the Echani quickly shut him down. “I don’t even know what you’re doing here boy, this is an A, C conversation, so B quiet.” Her scowl was focused solely on the outsider, before resuming her sly smile. She was hoping ever so much that the man would say yes, otherwise her job was gonna be a hell of a lot harder.​

Konor began to loosen up a bit once she explained and his ladiback demeanour resumed "No kiddin'? Its a medical condition?" the outlaw asked with genuine curiosity. Konor wasn't the brightest person in the galaxy, but having been experimented on in the womb and coming out with 'abilities' led him to accept her answer more easily. Who knew how many freaks were out there in the galaxy, people like him.

The half-Sephi took a step back "Alright, we're good. Just keep outta my head." Konor noticed the Echani growing more irritated with their Latero "friend". He'd quickly learned to tune the man out, upon being requested to keep her 'condition' a secret, Konor nodded "I got some secrets I wanna keep too. I'll stay hush hush." he assured her, planting his fists on his hips.

Surprised that she still wanted to partner up, even after his little outburst, Konor snickered and took a step toward her. Reaching out to Alana with his left hand, he patted her shoulder as he strode past her "Sure. Us freaks gotta stick together, right." Making his way toward the temple entrance. The Latero extended all four of his arms outward and called out "Hey! What about me??" Konor continued onward, not even looking back and hollered back "Ask those Wookiees over there, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you."

Waiting at the entrance, leaning against one of the hinges with his arms folded. When Alana arrived Konor tapped the part of his mask where his ear would be "Figured we should be able to communicate if things get messy. I've linked my comms to yours." and with a gesture of his head, Konor signalled for the white-haired woman to follow. Finally entering inside the temple, it was dark inside, with the only light source being from the outside - shining through the creaks and crevices.

Activiating the nightvision feature in his lenses, Konor continued on - searching for whatever loot their was to find. "This medical condition of yours, were you born with it? Or did ya develop it over time?" he pondered, hoping to make small conversation to kill time.

Slights and Hands
To her relief, Konor believed her story, and Alana let herself relax as he seemed to take to her plan of teaming up to heart. He wanted her to stay out of his head, and personally she'd love to do that if she knew how. "Alright, but don't get angry at me if you can't keep me off your mind sugar." Flirtation was the best route she found to appease upset men, they never seemed to be bothered over a little smile and wink; hell, it got her this far after all. Least Konor was fine with keeping secrets, hell she had a metric shipload of secrets she wanted to keep buried. Ignoring the plight of the four armed alien, Alana gifted the man a one finger salute before falling in step behind Konor, as the 'freak brigade' set off to their first heist.​
Taking a moment to collect the rest of her gear, Alana regrouped with the Sephi, and had to readjust her wireless comm as he indicated they should sync up. Of course, it wasn't a hard fix, but the K-22 wasn't exactly user friendly. As Konor motioned her to follow behind, Alana deployed her HUD and cycled to her night settings, as she joined her partner in the search for some loot to make off with. It didn't talk long before he started to ask about her 'medical condition', and the Echani thought there was little use in beating around the bush so she'd give the man what he wanted.​
A low sigh sounded from Alana's armor, but the woman soon started her explanation. "You know, truth be told I don't know. When I was a little girl I learned I could pick up on thoughts, few years later learned that if I focused real hard with a blaster, I could just place the shot wherever I want. Problem being, somedays I can't get the voices outta my head." She lightly tapped the side of her head for emphasis. "Death sticks were the only thing I found that keeps it at bay, but it don't seem to be working anymore." Back when she was in the Sector Ranger Academy, no one could figure out how she scored so high in her interrogation and marksman skills, but Alana knew. She had cheated on all of them, back when Alfonz was the only one who knew about her 'gift'. When the old man died, she had no reason to keep going down that rabbit hole, and it had soured her 'gift' into a curse. "So yea, that's me. The Echani with a brain disorder." She held up her hands for emphasis, then dropped them and let them fall to her sides. She felt like she just gave out a little more than she should have, but that was on Konor for asking.​
Unfortunately, they weren't the only ones wandering about the temple, as the loud chatter of their fellow mercs could be heard from the way they had just come in at. Seemed that the competition was here in full force now.​

Konor strolled along, aimlessly, scanning their immediate area through his nightvision lenses as Alana explained her 'condition'. It was unlike anything he'd ever heard of - well, the galaxy was a big place but still - reading people's minds? Thoughtless good aim? Sounded like magic to him, and in a world of Jedi-freaks, he knew it was entirely possible.

"You sure you ain't a Jedi?" he half joked, rounding a corner through to another hallway. "Reckon you can use that to our advantage, Echani With a Brain Disorder?" Konor wasn't clued to the exact specifics of Alana's condition, but it couldn't hurt to try and use her senses to find some loot. The voices of the other mercs caught his attention, urging him to pick up the pace. The outlaw hadn't figured out a plan on what to do when he found something good, whether he'd sneak or blast his way out - or... whether he was willing to share with Alana or not.

Konor's high libido was beginning to edge out his greater judgement however. The outlaw followed the hallway leading to a large room that looked like a library of sorts, an ancient one, "Great. Its just books in here." he continued to scour around - maybe he'd find something interesting. "Mmm then again, maybe stashing valuable stuff with books was smart. I mean, who reads? Even the smell of paper's puttin' me off."

The half-Sephi dusted off any cob web he encountered, pulled down some books from the book case with his finger. "'Ey, Platinum. Find anything?" he called out, knocking down a row of shoddy books with a tap of his elbow. "All I'm getting is a load of big fat nothin'." Konor grunted in frustration as he casually pushed down an entire book case as if it was a light feather.

Suddenly, to his dismay, he heard a voice in the distance call out: "Yo! I got summin'!"

Slights and Hands
The mention of jedi drew a chortle from Alana's lips, as she merely shook her head at the notion. "Sugar, do I look like a jedi to you?" The answer should have been fairly obvious. If Alana was a jedi, she was either a damn good actress, or a poor excuse for one. "Though, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of them laser swords. Would save me a few credits for all the times I get locked outta my ship." Well, that was up until she got her handy dandy slicing glove. "I don't much know how to use my condition, things just happen, and I get lucky. That's all there is too it hun." She gave a small shrug, before sliding her revolver loose of it's holster. Konor picked up the pace, and Alana had a feeling that things might be going a bit south in the near future.​
For all she cared, her and Konor could take a pocketful of good and high tail it outta there. She wasn't above shooting someone in the back, but that was a variable that greatly depended on how much she disliked someone. Konor so far wasn't on her bad side, so letting him scamper off world with some goodies wasn't the worst thing on her mind at current. Being lead into a library, Alana let out a grumble from her helm as the pair set about ransacking what there was to get a hold of. "Well I'll be damned, nothing in this lot save some dust and letters. Ain't nobody got time for this." She muttered, shuffling through a stack of texts that practically crumbled at her touch. Konor's new name for her certainly caught her attention, as she snapped back to look at him, tilting her head to the side. "Boy, if I got ahold of something good you'd hear me hollaring all the way out in orbit." She just caught Konor's casual toppling of a bookcase, and tried to focus on something nice to nab, when the shouts of another band caught the pairs ear. Poking her head down the hall, Alana caught sight of the commotion, as a Duros and a pair of Gamorreans were fussing with a stone chest of some sort. The two pigmen awkwardly maneuvered the thing about, before dropping it, echoing a loud 'thud' through the hall, and prompting several swears from the Duros. "Careful you morons, you might break it!" Almost to contradict himself, the blue skinned alien produced a plasma torch, and began melting the top of the chest away.​
It was then that the two pigmen took notice of Alana, snorting in her direction and producing a pair of vibro-blades as they moved to cover the sides of their chest. Tipping the brim of her hat, Alana was all too weary of the situation developing, and was fairly certain she and Konor were the only ones who heard the outburst. "Gentlemen, mighty nice haul y'all got there. Mind disclosing what all you taking with ya?" The comment earned a scowl from the Duros, and Alana made a mental note to take that one out first if and when all hell broke loose. "Eyes to yourself junkie, you're just looking for your next fix. This score though, this'll make us all rich." Alana let a huff of disbelief as she took a step back, tilting her head to Konor, and nodding it in the direction of the Duros. "We jumping this fool, or want to keep trying to get lucky?" The Duros was nearly through the chest now, but then again, his little aids were going to be a pain in the rear.​

Last edited:

Konor followed Alana as she peeked down the hall, standing behind her as he too poked his masked head into the hallway. He watched the interaction between the Duros and two Gamorreans, shaking his head as he watched the green-skinned swines drop the box. Eventually, they'd go on to be noticed by the two Gamorreans forcing the outlaw and his partner to step out of cover.

Accompanying Alana over to the trio, he rested his hands on his hips as he let Alana attempt to smooth talk. His blue lenses remained on the two Gamorreans, watching for any hints of an attempt at foul play as Alana spoke. Without even answering her question about jumping them or not, Konor thrust his arm forward and his fist connected with the Gamorrean's nose. The force of his punch sent the pig flying several feet back, knocking it out cold, earning an attack from the second Gamorrean.

Raising the Virbro-blade over his head, Konor lifted his arms and grabbed both of the Gamorreans wrists. Lifting his leg, Konor knee'd the large pig in its gut before making a 180 degree turn and flipping it over his shoulder. The outlaw kicked the vibroblade out of its hand and slammed his foot onto the Gamorrean's chest, holding it down with his enhanced strength. Pulling one of his blaster pistols out of his holster, Konor aimed it directly at the Gamorrean's face.

The half-Sephi turned his head to face Alana, and depending on whatver she had done with the Duros - whether she'd fought him or not. He asked "On a scale of 1 to 10, how cool was that?" Konor asked in a comedic tone "What do you wanna do now? Cut out... or, are you feeling a little greedy?" he smirked behind his mask.

Slights and Hands
Konor gave her the signal, and Alana knew that they were set. Giving the man a nod, Alana made her way towards the Duros and his hand, throwing her hands up to show she wasn't going to be start no trouble. She rolled her wrists several times, three on the right hand, three on the left, as her wrist launchers began to power on; hopefully her knock out darts were still loaded up. Sliding past the Gamorreans, Lana began to put on her spin. "Here there partner, you need help getting the goods outta here? Rest of the busy have some green in their eyes from what I can see." The Duros was clearly agitated, and spun around with plasma torch in hand. Pointing the device in Alana's face, the alien began to go off on a rant. "Listen you little schuta, you keep your filthy hands to-" He never finished. Alana dropped her hands, but not before launching a dart into the Duros' left arm, and snapped the aliens wrist away from her with the remaining hand. She pulled the arm in, drove her elbow into the blue skinned alien's jaw, and flung the plasma torch aside.​
By the time she had dropped him, she found Konor already had both Gamorreans taken care of. Smirking, she shook her head, rather impressed at how fast he moved. "Damn boy, you put the hurting on them boys. I'd give you an eleven just for style alone." She grinned and looked the half melted treasure chest before her. "As for how I'm feeling, ma'am always said to get it when the gettings god, so I'd say we get our share and haul it." Drawing her revolver, she smashed in the weakened stone with the back end of her grip, and finally set her eyes on the goods inside. It didn't appear to be much, an old glassy cube, a small scroll case, and what looked like a metal cylinder. Might not have been much, but could see well to a collector. "Well, I ain't much of an artsy kinda girl, but there's some fancy looking stuff in here." Making contract with the strange cube, it fit neatly in the palm of her hand, so Alana pulled it out. She nearly dropped the thing when it seemed to glow in her hand, giving off a light blue glow, and seemingly pulsing in the center. "The hell is this thing?" She muttered, nearly handing it off to Konor before realizing what their situation was. The sudden motion however seemingly triggered the device, and several images began to flash across it's surface, all in quick succession, but each appeared to be of some quadrant on the galactic map.​
At first glance, one might have mistaken it for a holocron, but in reality it was a starmap. To what though, well, Alana sure as hell wasn't going to work that out. At least not on her own. "Well whatever, this'll look nice in some art exhibit." She set the flashing cube aside, and went to retrieve the last two items. Unknown to her however, the Duros on the floor had left his comm on, and right now the pair's conversation was being listened to by the by Kel'Dor himself.​

Konor flashed Alana a wink coupled with clicking his tongue - although, she'd only hear the tongue click and wouldn't see the wink. He really needed to stop winking at people through his maks. "Thanks. You didn't do too bad yourself." he gestured his head, jerking his head in the direction of the unconscious Duros "Didn't even hear him drop." Konor switched his blaster to a stun setting and promptly shot at the Gamorrean without looking.

Twirling both pistols over his fingers, the outlaw promptly holstered his weapons and moved toward Alana. He rested an arm over the shorter woman's shoulder and watched as she adequately opened the chest. He raised an eyebrow over the contents inside, didn't look at all useful to him, but as Alana said - maybe some artsy, upper class folk would appreciate these. As the platinum haired woman pulled out a strange looking cube, Konor eyed the device with captivation. "Whoa - reckon that medical condition of yours has something to--" mesmerised, he paused as the quick images flashed in his lenses.

Once the contents of the cube ceased, he lifted his arm off Alana's shoulder and exchanged a glance. Konor watched Alana keenly as she proposed how they sell the starmap but the outlaw had bigger prospects "Was that a map? Think it'll lead to some treasure." then something shined in the corner of his eye. The half-Sephi turned to look down at the knocked out Duros, eyes gravitating to the commlink he held. His eyes widened as he saw the commlink was still on and had been broadcasting their entire conversation "Oh, kriff."

It didn't take long for the sound of a multitude of footsteps to reverberate through the area. As the sound grew louder, Konor quickly unclipped a smoke grenade from his belt and turned to Alana "Take the loot and make a break for it. If you swindle me--" he couldn't finish his sentence as he heard the others round the corner, but he was sure the Echani was smart enough to get the gist.

Konor tossed his smoke grenade in the direction of their... former employer before quickly spinning to catch up to Alana - if she fled. Activating his jetpack, Konor sped through the hall and grabbed the Echani along the way holding her close to his side as he flew toward the exit.

Slights and Hands
Her armored HUD retracted to it’s storage unit, letting the Echani see the world without the obstruction of her tech; which made observing the loot all the more grand. Yea, Konor had charm in spades. Alana couldn’t deny that; not that she had tried to to begin with. Still, it took her mind places that were better left anywhere but here. Sliding such thoughts aside, Alana went to work. “I prefer the stealth approach over all that muscle you got going for you. Echani battle arts and all. One of the few good things my mother did was teaching it to me.” She wondered what her parents would think of her now. Her line of work wasn’t that far removed from what they had done, but she wasn’t a drug dealing murderer like her father and mother were. Frankly, they’d probably be fething livid at how little she charged for her services. She nearly dropped the cube when it floated to life, but for the sake of getting paid she managed to hold on. “The day my medical condition starts paying the bills, the day I’ll stop calling it a condition.” Though Konor might have been on to something, but the prospect of the map would have to wait til they cashed in their lot. “Well, I ain’t much for stumbling around the galaxy, but we can give it a look once we’re safe and sound.”
Turning her focus to the remaining items, it was Konor who noticed that their cover was blown, and Alana’s face dropped into a scowl. Fortunate for her, Konor was willing to let her take the money and run. "Well, now this here is the time for getting." Taking the goods, Alana stowed them into the slots of her armor, and was off to the races. Truth be told, she didn't much care for the combat armor. Echani armor was more her shtick, but damn if that stuff didn't cost a fortune. Maybe if she could survive this little heist, she'd look into it.​
Drawing her revolver from the holster, Alana’s feet sounded off the stone tiles as she ran for all her worth. Fortunately most of the goon squad was behind the pair, but there was an unlucky Mon Cala who thought he could leap around a corner and tackle the Echani. Alana proved him dead wrong with a shot through the head, and reduce the fish man into a lump of calamari. “And I thought they smelled bad in the outside.” Alana sputtered, leaping over the smoldering remains and b-lining it to the exit of the temple, hoping Konor was keeping pace.​
Her run came to a dead halt however, as a pair of air speeders were blocked the pairs escape, a single manned E-Web mounted on the backs, with a very livid Kel-Dor standing between them. “What the hell did I tell you fools? We split the damn profits and no making off with your own! Now I gotta make an example of you. Know how that makes me look?” Alana personally couldn’t care less, as the woman looked back and forth for potential cover. A pair of heavy industrial crates were the closest thing she could spot, with a few broken pieces of rubble between them and the speeders.​
She just needed to get her rifle out and she could do some real damage, but there was always the chance that her new partner in crime had something else in mind.​

His dream of being in an action hero and saving a drug addicted damsel in distress went up in flames when the two air speeders blocked their path to freedom. Coming to a sudden stop, his jetpack deactivated and Konor slowed down his trajectory and broke his fall with a roll, sliding across the ground in a three-point pose. Well, at least he felt a little like an action hero in this instance.

Rising to his feet, he took a few steps toward Alana and stood beside her as the Kel-Dor cursed them out. Shrugging, Konor fired back "No, I get it. You can't look bad in front of the boys. But come on, you had to expect this'd happen." the outlaw was certain he could see the Kel-Dor's wrinkly features pop a blood vessel... or was that just his skin? Either way, he weren't stickin' around to find out. Konor activated his jetpack, shooting upward from the ground and drawing the attention onto him, allowing Alana to duck into cover.

As he ascended, the half Sephi unclipped a thermal detonator from his belt and hurled the spherical orb to where it would land in the middle of the two air speeders, as well as launching another one toward the Temple entrance. As all this occurred, one of the Kel-Dor's men unloaded a barrage of E-Web blaster fire at the flying Sephi.

Seconds before the explosives' detonation, one of the blaste bolts managed to graze Konor's shoulder. Couple that with the explosion, the knockback effect from the blast sent the masked outlaw several feet back as well as knocking him out of the air. Konor fell to the floor with a massive thud, smoke erupting from his shoulder and seemingly out cold.

Despite this, the entrance to the temple was blocked off and the air speeders were partially destroyed. With some survivors remaining, the rest was up to Alana Calloway Alana Calloway

Slights and Hands
Alana flexed her hands, stepping back as Konor moved before her. Alana had been in bad situations of course, but typically that left her free of having heavy weapon ordinance pointed at her. She glanced back to the man, raising an eyebrow as he began to mouth off, and slowly realized that he was just stalling. Before the Kel-Dor could respond, Konor rocketed into the air, and Alana rushed to cover, clamming for Boreal Cry. Her armor deployed, and she warmed up her personal energy shield just for a bit of extra luck.​
Rifle in hand, she popped in her magazine of high caliber ammo. She moved to try and give Konor some help, and found a torrent of blaster fire slamming into the local vicinity. A swear escaped her lips, and she sunk into cover as it was just a bit more than she could deal with. The 'clink' of the thermal detonator caught her attention, and while she missed the device bouncing back into the temple, the explosions that followed were a bit hard to ignore. The shock of the blast knocked her into her cover, but the detonator that took out the speeders showered her with scrap metal.​
Popping out of cover, she found several targets, some wounded, some dazed, all of which were viable. Locking her sights on the nearest man, Alana squeezed off a shot, then moved to her next target. The high caliber rounds made a mess out of a target, given they exploded on impact, the poor bastards didn't have the armor to hang against it. Boreal Cry had been something of a gift from her late adopted father, and damn it didn't pull through when she needed it. Five targets dropped in quick succession, when movement from one of the speeders caught her eye. Alana snapped her sights back to the target and squeezed off another shot, and dropped a man struggling to lift the broken E-Web.​
She paused for a long moment, and seeing there was no other present dangers, she moved towards the fallen form of Konor. Stowing her rifle, she knelt beside the man, taking stock of his injuries. The scorch marks on his shoulder showed where he took the hit, and given he was still breathing, the chances were he'd come around eventually.​
Which meant there was no one stopping her from making a break for it.​
Despite his bluster, she doubted he'd be able to track her down. Hell, could always double tap him just to make sure that wouldn't happen.​
Heck, she could rip that mask off and see if he had any bounties on him. Double dip on the pay out, probably save her from financial issues for a year at least.​
But that wouldn't be half as much fun now, would it?​
Standing up, Alana moved away from the fallen man, focusing instead on the speeder near by.​
She returned several minutes later, med-kit clipped to her belt. She was thankful for the exo-skeleton in the suit. While she wasn't exactly 'weak', it was a hell of a pain to carry someone.​
She was probably going to regret doing this tomorrow, but he seemed nice enough. Never let a good deed go unrewarded, Alfonz had always said that, and while she didn't always hold herself to it, she tried.​
Finding a still functional cargo speeder, Alana set Konor in the bed of the speeder, before climbing into the front. A bit of slicing and hot-wiring later, and they were off.​

It was the same dream again. The one where he was a kid again - he was with his mom, her flesh was pink but her face... it was a black void. Konor always figured it was some messed up representation on how he couldn't remember her face. The barren faced Sephi stared down at him, silent, his childhood self would call out to her as he felt himself pulled away by Zygerrians. Asking her why she wouldn't respond to him, why she wouldn't help him. He reached out to her screaming, all the while she stared.

Konor's eyes fluttered open and a groan escaped him. The clouds passed by at rapid speed with the sound of a speeder engine blasting his eardrums. Feeling a dull pain in his shoulder, the outlaw immediately reached to clutch onto it as he hissed in pain. "Karkin' damn, my shoulder." Konor grunted as he felt his head begin to throb and his vision blur, trying to get a bearing on his surroundings. As he turned to his right, he noticed familiar platinum hair dancing in the wind.

"Alana?" he uttered, using her name for the first time. Although his mask didn't betray his emotions, the tone in his voice did as it displayed complete surprise. For years Vil had taught him not to trust anyone, always assume the worst, it was a lesson he heeded - in fact it had become a mantra for him. He was out cold, she could've split with the goods and left him for dead... why didn't she? The woman's actions had completely blown up his worldview.

He growled again as he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, he was lucky, his suit's armorweave protected him from blasterfire but it didn't stop it from hurting like hell. Then there was the headache and his eyes going hazy, it only took him a few seconds to realise the detonator's knockback and him landing from so high up had given him a concussion. "Aw... my head... I'm just gonna... lay down for a sec." he muttered weakly as he rolled up his mask and laid down, facing away from Alana in the fetal position.

With his mask up, Konor felt a little better but his head still pounded. Taking a nap might do him some good but before he closed his eyes, he called out to her "Thanks for saving me. You didn't have to."

Slights and Hands
As Alana continued her drive, some old words of wisdom buzzed at the back of her mind.​
"When you help someone, you help everyone."
She used to believe in that once. Alfonz believed that like it was a damn lifestyle. Maybe it was. Alana didn't know. What she did know, was Konor's twitching body scared the hell out of her. She snapped the speeder hard to the right, reaching for her blaster pistol, before sanity took hold. Right, he was on her team. She could dial it down now. Easy Alana, don't kill pretty boy now. They were in this together after all. Last thing she needed to do was accidentally cap him. "Yea, that's me sugar." She said softly, not taking her eyes off the road ahead, trying to remember for the life of her where she parked.​
She heard Konor grunting and groaning, clearly not entirely well from his ordeal. She didn't blame him. Hell, she still had the gauntlet over her right arm after that debacle with the Mandalorians; bastards nearly broke her arm in half. "I got some med supplies in the back, we're almost to my ship. I'll fix you up once we get there." Again, she didn't redirect her gaze from the road ahead. There was this sense of doubt that she felt festering within her, perhaps a bit of paranoia, perhaps just apprehension. The truth was that her sixth sense was playing her like a fiddle right now, and she just wanted to get the hell off this planet. If the danger lied with Konor, or an unseen danger however, that remained to be seen.​
Then again, maybe that was the danger, running headlong into the woods without a plan. She let out a sigh, throttling back on her speed, and banking right at a familiar looking log. Seeing the road ahead was clear, she finally chanced a glance back to the man curled up beside her. He sounded so...sad, like he expected her to leave him there. "I told you we split the share sugar, that's what we're gonna do." She said softly, catching sight of the Ruby Bliels up ahead.​
There'd be time to figure this out later, right now, it was best that they burn space til they could see lines.​

Last edited:

Konor managed to catch what Alana said, she was a better woman than he was. Given the first opportunity, he would have taken the loot and run... maybe Vil's philosophy was wrong... or it wasn't entirely correct. His eyes opened again as he struggled to doze off, his concussion preventing him from getting any kind of restful sleep. Groaning again, but this time in annoyance at being unable to sleep, the half-Sephi rolled his mask over his face and sat back up clutching at his head.

Squinting, his HUD picked up on the ship that they were drawing closer to. He hissed in pain but still spoke up "That yours? Its... nice." he was really torn up right now. When they reached the outside of the Luminary, he shakily but carefully exited the speeder and followed Alana inside, struggling to keep up. By the grace of some higher power, Konor managed to get his self onto the ship and onto a bed in the ship's third deck.

A flood of memories returned to the half-Sephi as he laid in bed wrestling with both his shoulder injury and concussion. He never thought he'd see another Luminary again - well, one that wasn't as heavily modded as the one used by Vil and his pirates. Yeah, this was the same class of ship that Konor had spent his teens living and learning a whole new way of life on. His relationship with those that practically raised him ended badly, badly on Konor's part. Betraying them and all.

A sigh escaped him as he took his mask off, this may be due to the brain damage but he was oddly feeling nostalgic, thinking sentimental thoughts of his time as a pirate. The best times of his life. He was an idiot, selfish to go on his own and abandon the only family he ever had. Whenever he heard footsteps near, assuming it to be Alana's, Konor put his mask back on and sat up to greet her.

"Really nice place." he commented "I, uh, used to live on a Luminary just like this. Back when I was a kid."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom