Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Slights and Hands

Slights and Hands
Tag: Konor Konor
She dialed back on the speed, minding working on if she should take the speeder with her, or just leave it. After several moments, she decided against it. She had her hoverbikes in storage, and she'd rather not try and rearrange her cargo load. "Yea, it's my pride and joy. Well, least until it gets wrecked on a job. I named her Ruby Bliels after my favorite drink. Class act, I know." She grinned to herself, bringing the speeder to a halt, and working up to getting herself out. If allowed, she'd help the masked man out and onto the loading ramp of the ship. Giving him a bunk and letting him take his rest, Alana climbed up to the top deck and started up the launch sequence. Sounds of the engine buzzed through the cabin, and the low rumble of machinery vibrated through the deck, and she gently powered up the thrusters. Lifting off the swampy backwater world, she threw her hat into the co-pilot seat, propped her rifle between her legs, and tore through the atmosphere before their little getaway got any more complicated. Grabbing one of several micro jump points from her nav-computer, she fired up the hyperdrive, and breathed a sigh of relief as the screen before her tore into a blue tunnel.​
She needed to find less stressful jobs. Taking a moment to collect herself, she collected her hat and rifle, and waltzed into her quarters. Opening up to her rather messy surroundings, she was reminded about some new investments she'd have to look into.​
Next ship she'd need to have an armory, that was definitely on the list. Hell, her current armory was just the captain's quarters with rifles and scatter-guns hanging from weapon racks; not exactly the look she was going for. Moving to her weapons bench, she removed the several magazines from her ammo pouches, and unloaded her rifle. Did the same with her wrist launchers, and set about putting the weapons back in their respective places. Making sure to place the pairs haul in her lock box, she shed her body armor and coat, before sliding into her long sleeved white shirt. She felt like an old ship captain when she just walked around like this. She kept her revolver in her thigh holster however, just in case the unexpected happened.​
Leaving her hat and clothes on the bed, she fetched her best cheap whiskey and cleanest dirty glasses, then embarked to check in on her guest. Seeing Konor perk up, she flashed the man a smile, and set the drink and glasses on the surface nearest him. Pouring out the liquor, she hoped for the best and took a glass. Seemed they had something in common, living on a ship. Alana propped herself on the wall, "Hope it wasn't too rough on you. These things aren't exactly built with family in mind." She lightly patted the bulkhead, and sighed. "I grew up on an old YT-2000, never had a home ground side until I was ten. Took a while to get used to." She shrugged and tasted her drink, and scowled. Why the heck did she keep buying whisky? She didn't even like whisky. "You gonna be alright? I got our goods secured, but we need to get them evaluated. Figured we should agree on who we take them to." She bit the inside of her lip, hoping this deal wouldn't break down in the next few minutes.​

Konor glanced up at the platinum-haired woman as she entered the room, a smile formed under his mask. "I like that 'fit much better than yer armor." a smirk clearly evident from the tone of his voice. Rubbing his head, the half-Sephi let out a quiet groan and proceeded to sigh. Watching as Alana poured the whiskey into their glasses, he noticed that they weren't... completely clean. However, he wasn't bothered - he'd consumed worse stuff under worse conditions before. Honestly, its a miracle he's survived as long as he did.

As she spoke Konor rolled his mask up to the bridge of his nose, he flashed Alana a smile before taking his glass and clinking his with hers. "It weren't too bad." he answered "Not the best place to raise a kid but it was better than--" Konor stopped, recalling his childhood as a slave. Refusing to elaborate, the outlaw simply took a sip of his drink. Alcohol with a concussion wasn't probably the smartest idea but hey, you only live once.

The half-Sephi nodded, empathising with the platinum-haired woman's childhood. Whatever it was, it couldn't have been worse than his. "Survived worse." he answered "Dunno how I'm gonna deal with this concussion though. Ugh." taking another sip of his whiskey, Konor continued "I know a Mirialan gal, she's--" then he remembered the time he slept with her, promising to call her back and didn't. Yeah, bad idea. Awkwardly taking another sip of his whiskey, Konor swallowed "Nevermind. I'm game for whoever you've got in mind."

Alana Calloway Alana Calloway

Slights and Hands
Tag: Konor Konor
Gear: CRP-01 Revolver,​
Well this was a thing. Her hand rubbed at the warm sensation that was currently coming off her cheeks. "If people would stop trying to shoot me, I'd wear it more often. I will say, the fabricator on board makes it a hell of alot easier to decide what to wear." She did have a bad knack for people trying to kill her, this was certainly true. Hell, her arm nearly got torn off by those Mandalorians she ended up fighting against back on Nar Shaddaa a while back; it still didn't feel quite right even now.​
Seeing that he stopped short of elaborating on his past, Alana didn't try to press the issue. Maybe they had something in common there.​
She found it a little perplexing that he kept the mask on. Man must have had a lot of enemies to keep his face hidden, though she was sure he had a sea of reasons for it. Everyone had reasons for things in this galaxy, even if they didn't make a lick of sense. "You must be the ugliest guy of all time, Konie, hiding your face like that." She wasn't exactly stellar at the nickname game. Then again, he had opened with calling her 'legs' so, he didn't have a lot of room to object to her impromptu naming. Though perhaps his concussion would make him forget all about this little talk they were having in a few hours. "If you've been hit with worse, I'm not sure how you’re in once piece." Then again, she also survive a anti-material shot to the head. It was a glancing shot right on her armor of course, but still, she was in a clinic for almost a month til that evened out.​
Swirling her glass around, she pushed herself for another sip, and heard Konor's remark. Given how abruptly he had stopped the line of discussion, she chuckled into her glass before responding. "Dated a Mirialan once. Nice people, bit too religious for my tastes. Feels like their the unofficial cheerleaders for those jedi people." It had been a decent run with that green girl, but the woman's obsession with Alana's 'gifts' was just too much. Seems to just be the way her life went time and time again. "Anyways, I knew a few guys, but we need trustworthiness and inexpensive. Not a great combination, but I know a few. I have a contact on Balmorra, probably could give us what we need." She ran a hand through her hair, trying to work out the nervous twitch that was demanding she light up another death-stick. It made her skin crawl, but she needed to try and appear dignified in front of her guest. "I don't know if you're in it for the long run or what not, but we can split profits if you want to go it alone. I wouldn't blame you. Not that I'm wanting you to, but, well I know how our profession is." She grimaced, feeling like she was bumbling over her own words now.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom