Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slaves to None [Republic v. Ladies of the Cauldron]

Vulpesen looked at each of them, grinning ass he watched their movements. "The power we have here, is what we bring with us. Sorry to break to to ya, but I'm afraid thats a bit more than you currently have. Even if you owned this planet, I don't think these people would be grateful after you murdered some of their friends." His own hand touched his saberstaff in response to @[member="Nemene Talith"]. "We've offered you a chance to move out without so much as a scratch. You seem like smart girls. I suggest you take that chance."

@[member="Flint Dexen"], @Kiskla Grayson, @Evelynn, , @Coci Sinopi, @Ben Trasker, @Marek S'hadar

Louise

here for your dad
How many were there? How many more were there?

She may have been given a dose of courage from her sister but the adrenaline still surged, the girl's heart pounded against her chest, the same thoughts still circled her mind. What fate would await them in the hands of the Republic? Life imprisonment? Death? They had committed so many ill deeds, they had done so much wrong in the galaxy. The mute had pulled the scraps of herself off the ground and had built herself up to this, she was a Queen and they were going to knock it all down.

The panic from before was eclipsed by Nemene's confidence, turning it into rage.

The bluff fell through.

Evelynn turned, back to the Kath Hounds. Her creature comforts. Beast and girl seemed to be one. Pushed and prodded to the very edge. They could relate, and in flash, a single moment she became them, she was one of them. The leader of the pack. With their backs against the wall their feral nature would strike.

What was there to lose?

In one swift moment the young woman withdrew her lightsaber and slashed through the chains that bound the five horned kath hounds. Through her talents in beast mastery she commanded the creatures, her new-found bestial brethren to spread out and attack, attack the Jedi, attack the bystanders, rend and tear flesh and leave nothing but bone behind.

@Kiskla Grayson, @Nemene Talith, @Vulpesen, @Coci Sinopi, @Ben Trasker, @Flint Dexen, @Marek S'hadar, @The Cyan Blade

Lira Dajenn

L
Nemene felt the spike of rage tear through Evelynn, and a smile graced her lips. This time she did not chide, instead she encouraged. Through the bond she sent flaring lines of pride and joy, genuine emotions that she hoped would urge on Evelynn. A single though rushed through her mind, though not quite telepathic Evelynn would be able to ear the resonating words within her mind. Kill them all my pet.

Then Nemene flicked her own lightsaber into life. One end of the saber-staff sprang to life with an orange blaze, the other remaining inert.

She did not jump forward towards the Jedi however, instead she attacked through other means. Energy flared through Nemene's arm, the darkside radiating off of it. What little power in the force she had pooled itself for a few seconds within her off hand, releasing a deeply disturbing aura of death and dying.

She smiled, then flicked her wrist.

A wave of pure dread and destruction flew forth from her palm, not towards the Jedi but towards the crowd to Nemene's right. Taking careful note not to toss the attack near any of the Kath hounds that Evelynn had released. Force Destruction would tear apart Slaves and Bystanders alike.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"], @[member="Evelynn"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Ben Trasker"], @[member="Flint Dexen"], @[member="Marek S'hadar"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"]

Vulpesen growled and activated his saber, illuminating his black robes with their golden glow, only slightly dimmed by the black core. The crowd might be panicking, but they were still a part of the living force. Reaching out with his hand, Vulpesen sent his own influence out to the kath hounds. "Be still!" His voice held the power of the force, backed by the experience of an Amaran beast tamer and a trained jedi. He wasn't sure if he could rip them away from @[member="Evelynn"], but he definitely knew he could halt them in confusion. A war raged in the animal's minds as they would have to figure out which leader to follow. Would it be the Shadow Fox who works for the light, or the white lady who fought for darkness. Even Ace helped Vulpesen, reaching out to willingly give his life force to the jedi, allowing him to draw off his friend's strength. If Evelynn wanted to keep her pets, she'd have to fight like hell to keep them. As for @[member="Nemene Talith"], Vulpesen leaving her to the other jedi. Hopefully, they would be able to help the civilians. "Terrible move ladies."

@Kiskla Grayson, @Vulpesen, @Coci Sinopi, @Ben Trasker, @Flint Dexen, @Marek S'hadar, @The Cyan Blade

"STOP"

The voice boomed through the battlefield, addressing Jedi and Sith alike. A man in brown robes walked over, his lightsaber drawn. The blue blade danced as he flourished it, and he looked from each Jedi to the two Sith. He stepped between the two sides. He looked over at the Jedi then.

"Defend yourselves and the civilians if needed, but do not go on the offensive without reason" he commanded before turning to @[member="Nemene Talith"] and @[member="Evelynn"].

He walked over then, standing in front of the two Sith. His eyes showed no fear, no intimidation... He looked dead into the eyes of Evelynn. He studied her for a moment, nodding a bit before smiling faintly.

"You have beautiful eyes that remind me of someone I once knew" he remarked. "I made a promise to that person a long time ago. So I have only one question...."

He tilted his head.

"Are you Evelynn Dorn?"

What Josh didn't know was that @[member="Vulpesen"] was fighting with the minds of the Kath Hounds, and that he was accidentally distracting Evelynn.

@Kiskla Grayson, @Vulpesen, @Coci Sinopi, @Ben Trasker, @Flint Dexen, @Marek S'hadar, @The Cyan Blade @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Evelynn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Sorry Nemene, I'm just going to leave you at the mercy of four Jedi and an agent (maybe more, maybe less, you guys are kinda mingling with the crowd).

Through her sister's urgings, the confidence that that brought and her own personal rage, Evelynn was sure that she had the fire within her gut, the power to control the kath hounds. The mute was more than certain that in her current state she could out-muscle Vulpesen's mind in this circumstance.

But this was not to be the case.

Enter a new Jedi. The distraction. Her focus became split between the beasts and the new-comer. Why was he looking at her? No. No. Concentrate! She would not be bested by this up- beautiful eyes, what?! Who was he?! No, they could not be apprehended, the consequences would be too severe, freedom would be lost, likely forever.

Dorn.

It was gone. Any semblance of control the girl held over the kath hounds was lost, gone but that was no longer important. Who was this man, and how did he know her discarded surname.

Evelynn Dorn is dead!

Emotions overwhelmed her, the mute couldn't pick out a single feeling and make sense of it. This was too much. In that moment she was lost to sense. The girl charged the blonde Jedi, well, I say charge, it was more of a lunge. With her lightsaber in a right-handed grip the girl went forward, aiming to skewer his midsection with the orange blade.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Nemene Talith"], @[member="Kiskla Grayson"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Ben Trasker"], @[member="Flint Dexen"], @[member="Marek S'hadar"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"]

He watched as she struggled with herself after he had spoken... He had reached out for her hand at that moment. His eyes were of concern, the love and care he had held for Karin had manifested itself into the way he looked at Evelynn. He had made a promise, to protect her, to get her away from the Sith... Noticing the other Sith from the corner of his eye, he knew he had failed... His heart had sank, but he wasn't going to give up on Evelynn... Not give up on his promise to Karin yet...

He could feel her conflicting emotions... He wanted to reach out to her somehow, to help...

Then she charged. Or lunged, as you might call it. With the reflexes from years of training, the dark blue blade met hers, and Josh pressed against it, his strength coming into play here...

During the saber clash, he spoke.

"I made a promise to Karin Dorn, your mother, about you..." he said quietly, taking a breath as he stared into her eyes, keeping up the clash, slowly pushing forward...

"I promised I would protect you, keep you away from the Sith... For now, I've failed that, and I'm sorry..." he said, his gaze apologetic, almost tearful. "I'm here now though... I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to protect you"

He took a breath as he watched her, trying to gauge her emotions as he pressed forward...

"I'm not leaving until I keep my promise!"

@Kiskla Grayson, @Vulpesen, @Coci Sinopi, @Ben Trasker, @Flint Dexen, @Marek S'hadar, @The Cyan Blade @Vulpesen @Evelynn

Lira Dajenn

L
As she heard Evelynns voice break through not only her mind but everyone else in the vicinity Nemene couldn't help but let out a laugh.

A cruel, evil, vicious laugh resonated throughout the slave market. It was more of a cackle than a laugh really, and it escaped Nemene's throat just as Evelynn began to clash lightsabers with the Jedi Master. Oh this was too good, a man from her past, someone who knew that she was a Dorn. This was perfection. She smiled as her lightsaber whirled about in her palm, the other emitter erupting in a blaze of orange and fire.

“Kill him!” She yelled at her sister, though whether she yelled it out loud or through the bond was impossible to tell. “End him, my pet!”

She let out another mirthful laugh, and then she threw her Saber-staff. The lightsaber flew towards the crowd, slicing into innocents and severing limbs, torso's and heads before returning to her palm with a hearty slap. None of the Jedi had tried to stop her so far, and she was beginning to enjoy the slaughter.

All the while she egged on Evelynn, confidence, rage, and even a smidgen of pride flowing through the bond.

Trasker swallowed softly at the carnage happening before his eyes. This was something he couldn't control, and he immediately felt he was up against a force he could not compete with, nor understand.

The horror unfurling was getting out of hand, and something had to be done to apprehend or take down the two responsible.

Watching as one of the Sith attacked the innocent crowd, not too far from him, Trasker had to act.

He raised his sidearm and fired a couple of well placed shots towards one of the mighty Kath Hounds near his Jedi allies. Moving to his left, he skirted around the crowd, pushing people back as best he could to get away from the danger present.

Coming around to the other side of both Sith and the confronting Jedi warrior, Trasker didn't want to risk his ego trying to make a move on them as he was sure it would be his final act before being cut down.

He had to act and do something or he was just going to regret it. The Sith that seemed to be in control and giving the orders had to be stopped.

He brought up the DC-15s sidearm and levelled it before his eye, lining up a shot and fired two blasts towards her arm holding the deadly staff she was using to kill.

@[member="Nemene Talith"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Flint Dexen"], @[member="Marek S'hadar"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Evelynn"]

Vulpesen grinned as the woman lost her control. Reaching out his hand, Vulpesen motioned for one of the dogs to help him. Using the force to push one away from @[member="Ben Trasker"]'s shot, while another one of the five darted forward after the weapon. Kath hound. Hounds are dogs. Dogs fetch. He needed to fetch. As the wolf ran towards the weapon, the controlling jedi moved it in to catch from under the weapon s attempting in a catch from the side would result in a needless bisection. Luckily, once Vulpesen's bonds were made they were fairly hard to break, using very little of his concentration to keep the connection. "Sir, your words are admirable, but these ladies don't seem to like diplomacy very much!" No, instead they seemed to prefer killing and if they were gonna go about slaughtering innocents, Vulpesen thought it best to remove the toolds of the slaughter. There was a reason had daggers in combat. He was afraid to through his saber for the exact reason that @[member="Nemene Talith"] should have been afraid throw hers. "So, can we arrest them now?"

@Joshua DragonsFlame @Kiskla Grayson, @Coci Sinopi, @Flint Dexen, @Marek S'hadar, @The Cyan Blade, @[member="Evelynn"]

Lira Dajenn

L
By the time Vulpesen attempted to rid Nemene of her lightsaber the staber-staff had already returned to her palm. The act of throwing the weapon took only a few seconds, and for a hound to fetch it in that time...well it was nearly impossible, the creatures simply didn't move fast enough. The creature however charged at her, its jaws snapping open and shut in vicious bites.

Her eyes went wide like saucers, and a heeled boot came up to kick the Kath Hound directly below its chin. A loud yelp escaped the creatures lips as it fell back and onto the ground, but not dead.

Nemene knew her sister would be displeased at the animals death, and so she had spared its life. In the time it took to fend off the creature a man at the edge of the crowd pointed and shot his blaster. Out of instinct Nemene raised her saber-staff. One bolt was instantly batted away. The other swooped passed the high guard of the saber-staff and bit into Nemene's arm.

The scent of burning flesh and singed silk erupted into the air as the blaster shot struck her bicep. She hissed slightly @[member="Evelynn"] would feel that would.

“How dare you, you insolent peasant!” Her left hand rose once again, a short build up of energy before a single bolt of black lightning jumped from her fingertips directly at @[member="Ben Trasker"].
@[member="Kiskla Grayson"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Flint Dexen"], @[member="Marek S'hadar"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"]

Vulpesen growled and leaped towards @[member="Nemene Talith"], instructing each of his dogs to do the same. @[member="Ben Trasker"]'s maneuver had brought him away from the protection of the jedi's saber and thus, Vulpesen took a different route. A sword may serve as a narrow sheild. It was a philosophy taught by his master, Zarro Verres. Most jedi would find the idea deplorable, but when one thought of it, that was the very idea of a lightsaber. Using the force to give his speed a slight boost, Vulpesen quickly closed the distance between himself and the sith, striking out at her extended arm with one end of his saber while the other ignited behind him, preparing to defend against the weapon of his enemy. Honestly, he wanted to follow Joshua Dragonsflame's lead in avoiding conflict, but when lightning is launched, things change.

@Kiskla Grayson, @Coci Sinopi, @Flint Dexen, @Marek S'hadar, @The Cyan Blade, @Evelynn

Louise

here for your dad
Her mother.

Nobody spoke of Karin Dorn. As if she were a woman that never existed in the first place, a figment, a fantasy to all but Evelynn herself. Of course, that was not the case. She had been raised by the sorceress, loved by her and taught a good deal about manners and punctuality. Karin Dorn had lived, and Karin Dorn had died. The legacy stopped there and as Evelynn was stripped of that old surname the galaxy just stopped knowing who that crotchety old Sith Master was.

Until now.

Their lightsabers clashed, and his greater strength slowly began to push her back. For a fraction of a moment she looked confused, frightened even and then it was gone, replaced by a savage fury as the scene of her mother's demise looped through her mind.

Perhaps you should have protected her instead!

Nemene's urgings burst through and the girl found a pocket of strength, still keeping their sabers locked, the girl managed to at least halt his push forward but she was simply not strong enough to push him back.

I DO NOT NEED PROTECTION!

Of course, then her sister decided to get shot. Through their bond in the force came the pain, a sharp inhale and a bearing of teeth. The blonde girl's pupil's dilated slightly. Pain is pleasure after all. She stopped pushing, allowing his lightsaber to bat hers to the side and she stepped backwards. Was this a respite? A chance to talk? Considering the circumstance, I very much doubt it.

Oh, Jedi...

For a second there was a stillness in the air, there was calm. The girl stood for a moment with a soft smile on her face. No. This was the eye of the storm. Her expression twisted. To a vile sneer tinged with hatred and sick satisfaction.

E V E R Y B O D Y H U R T S YO U I N T H E E N D

From the girl came a scream. What? She doesn't have vocal chords, how does that work?! Simple, one does not need a voice to send a screech through the Force. Through pain and suffering, through ecstasy and her own personal whirlwind of turmoil and conflict the girl unleashed a pure wave of the dark side towards the blond Jedi in the form of a hideous scream.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Ben Trasker"], @[member="Nemene Talith"]

Her viciousness didn't surprise him, nor did her mental screams in the Force.

"Perhaps you should have protected her instead!" she had let out mentally. A frown escaped him, and he sighed.

"I wish I could have" he said quietly as he pressed on. "She meant a lot to me, believe it or not. If I was there, I would have stopped it"

She halted him for a moment. Aye, her strength was admirable.

At her words, he simply kept pressing. Finally, he knocked the saber to the side. He quickly used the force to knock it from her hand in the opening. Though he kept his ignited, he watched her for that moment.

And then more words came. Then the scream. The stream of the dark side came toward him, but he didn't budge. Didn't show intimidation, simply let it get out of her system... He toughed it out.

When it ended, he stepped forward. But instead of attacking... He gently took her hand. It was a risk, sure... But her mother knew that DragonsFlame was a risky sort. He remembered having to unleash another side of himself to break Karin from her.. Curse, you could call it. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to do that with Evelynn, but regardless, point stands. Risky risky Jedi Master.

"Look at me" he said quietly, his eyes full of compassion and concern for her. "These Sith... They destroyed your family, destroyed your legacy... Do you really want to serve them?" he asked. "Open your eyes, Evelynn. You're not a slave, you're not a pet, as some people..."

He shot a glare to the other Sith, who he'd caught the tail end of "Pet" from. Of course, he couldn't hear her fully when it'd happened, due to their force bond regardless of his mental prowess, it was more good timing and having his mind open to everything in the force at the time of it. It had come like the echo from a speaker phone. He didn't even know if it was directed toward her, or the Kath Hounds, but he assumed...

"... Might say" he said with a sigh. "I made a promise to protect you and keep you away from the people that will kill you just like they did to Karin. While I couldn't be there to save your mother, I'm not going to leave until I've made sure the same thing doesn't happen to you. I couldn't save Karin, I'm not going to lose you too..." he said quietly, staring at her with those compassionate eyes. "I just want to help you... I'm not here to hurt you, I promise...."

He squeezed her hand gently...

@[member="Evelynn"]

Sopher had wandered with the group, of course going against those that bought slaves. Keeping his hood up he followed @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] to where he found the two girls. Seeing who the girl was, something boiled up inside of the boy. First off, why was Evelynn doing here? Two, how did she get here? Three, WHY IS DRAGONSFLAME HOLDING HER HAND? Remembering the letter once again when Evelynn had told him to forget her, he cursed under his breath wondering if she had moved onto another Jedi. The boy mused over the thought knowing that Dragonsflame was someone of a higher standing, but they had something special! Quickly using the force skills that he knew, Sopher enhanced his speed and closed the small gap between him, @[member="Evelynn"] and Dragonsflame. Pulling his saber, he drew the hilt end and moved to hit the Grand Master in the back as hard as he could.

"Don't touch her!"

Sopher took in deep and labored breaths, he was doing his best to remain calm especially with a Jedi master around. He needed to show respect to the man, but there was something about Evelynn that drove him insane. Especially after the letter, the last thing he ever wanted was to meet her like this on the battlefield or in a situation he couldn't fully help her. Looking at the Master, his eyes narrowed and shook his head while he repeated himself " Let her go Master Dragonsflame, I know her."

Louise

here for your dad
What was he doing?!

Some Jedi in this situation would not have hesitated to separate the girl's head from her neck, obviously this one didn't come from that same school. Choosing to hold her hand instead. This perplexed her, enraged her and it was not only a risk to him but a risk to her instead. What would Nemene see? What would Nemene think? That her sister was to be snatched from her grasp by this bold blonde buffoon?

Over the course of years had her mind been twisted, I don't know what you call Stockholm syndrome in a galaxy that doesn't have a Stockhom, but that can't just be reversed in a day. A few nice words wouldn't just fix all the problems. The sentiment may have been there but it was late, far too late.

Animal instinct screamed at her to destroy him, but then it happened.

Sopher.

Had he seen her? Had he seen her kill those people? Her outburst? As quickly as it came any urge to fight left the girl. Then it hit her, it hit her like five thousand speeders travelling at five thousand miles an hour. This was not a dream, Sopher and Nemene were within ten feet of each other and he didn't have a clue. He didn't. But. Nemene. Did.

Sopher?

Panic surged through the bond and the girl withdrew her hand with a fearful expression painted across her features. She wasn't going to continue to fight, not with the love of her life standing right there.

I surrender.

Would Nemene follow suit? Or you know, massacre intensifies.

@[member="Nemene Talith"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Ben Trasker"], @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], @[member="Sopher Jakobs"]

Lira Dajenn

L
Pure unadorned rage spiked through Nemene as she felt the firey rage of her pet die. She scowled a deep fierce scowl and the force flowed through her like never before. Her skin seemed to take on a malevolent sheen and for a brief few seconds a purple aura of utter hatred surrounded her. Through the bond poured Malace, hatred, but most of all disappointment.

The Sith Queen raged, and not just on the inside, but outwardly.

“RAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” She let out a harsh angry scream at the top of her lungs, the force rushed through her, power like never before echoed through the chamber. The wail in the echoed and resonated throughout the chamber, shaking the slave market and cracking the foundations. The roof began to crack and crumble the pillars all around them shook and threatened to break into pieces, and anything near Nemene went flying.

A massive pluming cloud of dust spread out from her as the scream echoed from her, threatening to break everything in sight. Finally however her voice died down, and the Queen of Rattatak took deep, calming breaths.

Her bosom heaved as she let out two ragged sighing words. “I surrender.”

Nemene's lightsaber dropped to the floor, deactivating and rolling away from her. The Sith Sword on her back soon followed suite.

She looked at none of the Jedi, only stared at Evelynn, utter disgust in her eyes.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"], @[member="Evelynn"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Ben Trasker"], @[member="Flint Dexen"], @[member="Marek S'hadar"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"]

The blow to the muscular back of the Jedi Master seemed to do little to phase him. Without even looking at Sopher, he simply spoke calmly, yet firmly.

"Stay your hand, Sopher" he said calmly. "Do not let your emotions get the best of you"

He watched as his appearance messed with her emotions more... Her emotions, his words.. Ah. He understood now.

And then she took her hand away and surrendered. He nodded, before looking to Sopher.

"I want you to escort her, unharmed, back to the ship" he commanded softly toward Sopher. "Do not harm or restrain her unless she attacks or struggles. She is not like the rest of them" he said calmly.

Handing her off to Sopher gently, he gave Evelynn a smile in parting. "We'll talk later, Evelynn. I assume you want to spend time with Sopher for now" he said. "May the Force be with you both"

And with that, his attention turned to the Jedi and the one Sith remaining.

"You have one chance to surrender or you will be arrested on our own input" he said to Nemene.

And that she did, after an outburst. He motioned toward the other Jedi to nonviolently arrest her as he turned to make sure Sopher had no issues with Evelynn.

@[member="Nemene Talith"]

A smile quickly rose on Trasker's face as at least one shot connected with the target, and it certainly took the Sith by surprise, so hopefully her guard would be down enough fo-

He raised his blaster at the sight of @[member="Nemene Talith"] raising her hand towards him but wasn't ready for the attack she launched. The twisting bolt of black lightening left her fingers demonically and spat out towards the CSF agent, hitting him and recoiling him back a good few feet.

It seemed to penetrate his body and knock the breath from him. Crashing backwards onto the hard street below, Trasker yet out a shout of pain as the lightening seemed to systematically work over every muscle in his body.

The sidearm fell from his fingers and he did his best to fight the pain as the energy seemed to slip from him against the might of a Force user who had attacked him.

Then...the pain stopped. The lightening stopped.

The world went quiet.

He felt like he was burning alive, and totally exhausted.

For once, he felt totally helpless.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"], @[member=Vulpesen], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Flint Dexen"], @[member="Marek S'hadar"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"], @[member=Evelynn], @[member="Sopher Jakobs"], @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Sopher didn't flinch from Nemene's outburst, his only focus was on @[member="Evelynn"] and @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. He hadn't seen Evelynn in ages, in fact the last time he had heard from her was through a message on the holonet. If this Master thought he was going to listen and arrest her, he was wrong. Keeping a stern face, Sopher shook his head relaying his response to the man. "No, I'm not taking her back to the Order. I'm taking her home." Sopher didn't want her near some of the investigators or the Shadow Jedi, if she had been involved in this - he knew that he would never be able to see her again. For the first time in the boy's life he chose his personal feelings over the Order. Sopher turned to Evelynn, she had changed and he knew it. What happened? How could he make things better? A soft smile spread across his face - for the first time since his last meeting with her...

He smiled.

Offering his hand, he looked at Evelynn. His face showed his concern behind the smile, he sighed softly. "I'll take you home Evelynn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom